Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 19
DISPLAYED
Reach out and touch

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"Kindred spirits." Jennifer tasted the words allowed, enjoying his word play. Even if he wasn't aware of it. Was Chris a scholar as well?
    Jennifer notes his body language, observing him as well as she could.

1 success

"I agree with you, I would like to meet with you in private. To converse more on topics that interest us."
    Her own body language is that she leans forward slightly when she states this. Her eyes are alert, watching Chris.
    The truffle that she had previously been examined is popped into her mouth. A bit of a break from the posture and demeanor Jennifer cultivated. Chris has sampled the food, so she selected a chicken salad triangle and places it on the small plate before her with lady - like grace.

"I do love sweets." She remarked, taking the moment to look over Chris. Well, the length of time was innocent enough.

"I first made Sacramento my home in 2011. I departed to study with an elusive teacher for a few years. I returned to Sacramento in 2019. Do I plan on weathering the storm much longer? I have made no plans to leave. I am actually looking into how one could set up a building to host a rotating art gallery. A place where one can hold intellectual conversations.

And you, Chris? I have seen you around a bit. Although you did not seem to be interested in conversing with Skye, Steve and I."
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

2. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

1 success

Even sitting across a literal Vampire discussing the absence of his probably closest friend in Sacramento, Crystal showed a somewhat relaxed appearance which he'd cultivated his whole life. It wasn't disrespectful or consciously deceiving - he just wasn't big on sharing his true emotions to the extend that seeming politely careless became second nature. Jennifer might suspect more going on beneath the surface, but there aren't any obvious tells in his body language.

"Then that's decided." To seal the deal the Warlock raised his glass in yet another toast and emptied it. The restrain might be slipping a bit as the alcohol started to enter his bloodstream, but weirdly enough this kind of lubrication always helped him playing the social butterfly. He was far from tipsy, but indulgence was his comfort zone.
    He watched her eat the praline with a small smirk. Her remark seemed innocent enough - and maybe he was reading too much into it - but it seemed reasonable to think she wasn't talking about chocolate. "Should I feel flattered?" The smirk widened for a second before he raised his hand in an apologetic gesture. "Sorry, I couldn't resist. But you know, I am kinda interested in some of the.. logistics involved." Was the bite already contagious? Unlikely, but he couldn't rule it out. Would it hurt? He might not be tipsy, but there were some possibly bad ideas brewing inside Crystal's head.

So Jennifer had left and returned once already - maybe this concept applied to some other people as well. Crystal wouldn't hold his breath though. "Oh, I don't have any plans on leaving either. And please don't take offense in my apparent disinterest: Skye was.. well, not exactly the kind of people I like to surround myself with and I wanted to take the opportunity to extend my social circle beyond Steve and his friends." That's just who he was. And it lead to a peek into a possible relationship. Thank God that was over.
    "An art gallery? That sounds more than fitting for you - please do let me know when that plan comes to fruition." It would be good to know that a place like that belonged to a Vampire - most mostly he just wanted to cheer for Jennifer at her grand opening. Jaded he might be, but friendship wasn't off the table. "I got together with some friends recently and we're also looking to have a positive impact on the community, though those plans are far more nebulous."
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

4. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Chris was appearing rather calm and together. Jennifer was a bit direct as she leans foward slightly, her body language confident. Keeping her arms open and away from her body as she observed his body language. Something stirred in the Beast within, recognizing cues. Marking exactly how many cups he had to drink. Jennifer slammed the Beast neatly back into its’ cage, although she looked away from the attractive mortal and his thrumming veins to look at chicken salad sandwich. Much less appetizing.
    “I would like to say something.” Jennifer’s Cursed voice, which was a serpent crawling over crumped, dead leaves, paused for Chris’s eyes to meet her own. A gesture of trust. A bit of a challenge to see if he would.
    “Chris and I had a bit of an agreement. I won’t pry into your personal matters that you state are off the table. I won’t discuss some private matters, which I will refer to as ‘my Family’. I won’t make assumptions of who I see you socializing with. I shall not follow you.”

“Logistics?” She smirked a bit, picking up a napkin to pat her mouth delicately.
    “Now I am curious.” The brunette admitted, her eyes trailing over Chris. Jennifer was naturally looking for his body language, yet she was wondering if he was a sort of social chameleon.
    Did this mean that things had not worked out with Matthew? She recalled the remark Steve had made, yet he had not seemed sure. Curiosity fluttered, yet Jennifer stamped it down. She wasn’t going to pry out anything that could be painful or awkward on their first meeting.

“I found Skye to be delightful girl.” She emphasized the girl, suggesting the age difference. “A very thoughtful gift giver. Yet I understand what you mean. I started to go out to get to meet all sorts of people – Alice seems delightful. I think I alarmed the big guy.” A flash of teeth, a good-natured smirk. “Some can sense the true nature, even if I do try to be non-threatening.”

“On the rotating art exhibit... I am toying with the term salon? I am planning around May. ”

She did not rush what was important. She had time to do things correctly.
    "Nebulus..." She tasted the word. Not a common term. It was suggestive that Chris was well read. "I hope that Steve's departure didn't make waves for whatever you and your friends were planning."

Her lips frowned slightly as she let some emotion show. Normally, she would mask emotion to not be accused of breathing. Yet she was a bit more sincere, allowing her emotions regarding Steve's departure.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

6. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Damn, she was really exuding confidence. Either she was faking it, like Crystal was, or she really considered herself to be in the driver's seat here. Which was a concerning though.. Crystal once again thanked years of mingling with fake people for his poker face. And thank God for listening to her voice for a while now - had he been not prepared to hear it again he would have jumped a bit in his chair. Instead, he just met her gaze a slight smile playing around his lips. "Sounds like a reasonable agreement. I would agree to keep the same boundaries. I have learned that more often than not you get what you want by sticking to agreements and playing by the rules." Yeah, that last point really had been hammered into him. "Say, do you mind me refilling my glas?" If his host allowed it he would reach for the bottle himself, fill up his glas and then offer Jennifer a refill as well. And if she insisted on her assistant doing it? The Warlock wasn't one to reject the star-treatment.

Of course she asked for him to elaborate - she claimed to be a scholar after all. So Crystal indulged her. "Yeah. You obviously don't appear to have visible fangs - excuse me for being direct for a second there. I'm also wondering what the.. recipient feels while being on the receiving end." Shit, the self-destructive part of him wanted to outright ask her to try it on him, but that would be rude, right?
    Well, rude and super careless.

He used the time Jennifer talked about Skye to sip on his wine again. He wasn't here to argue sympathies. But she also dropped something else. "Oh, you've met Alice?" Would Phoenyx have reported on Vampires being real if she knew about it? And who was the big guy she was talking about? "Hm. Seems like you've got a real talent for making friends. Honestly, that doesn't surprise me." She was well-mannered, intelligent and had this ladylike air to her - so ladylike, in fact, that Crystal didn't feel the need to elaborate on the compliment. He didn't comment on the threat-level of her presence either, since he doubted that would be considered a compliment in any case.

"Well, since Steve hooked us up with our numbers I would really appreciate an invitation. Or I'll just keep my ear on the ground."
    Although Jennifer didn't outright ask, her pondering tone implied the question. Crystal considered for a moment, looking straight at his hostess. Then he went for a truthful, if vague, answer. "Well, frankly at first I thought his disappearance would throw a wench in the plans - he kinda started the whole idea, got the group together. But we've met up and decided to stick together anyway. So we've agreed on an alliance of sorts - and my people aren't the most trustworthy folks, so that's something." He took another sip of wine, then ate another cucumber snack. Yeah, that felt just like an Oscar Wilde play.

8. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer nods slightly to indicate that she is actively listening as he accepts the concept of reasonable boundaries.
    "Yes, I would like to build trust from a stable base." She spoke slowly and with care, so that she could be understood clearly. Although Cursed voice crept, rasped and slithered the polite words out.

"Oh, you just get right to the meat and potatoes." Jennifer gave a short laugh. "We have some subtle ways of disguising our nature from mortals who would hunt us. The Kiss feels absolutely sensational. It is rather like ectasy..." A knowing smile.

The Lady held herself with dignity. She gave a nod of assent for Chris refilling his own glass- and gave a friendly nod at her own glass being refilled.

"Yes, Steve introduced me to Alice. He mentioned that she was a very important person to him." She realized something. "I hope Alice is adjusting alright. "
    A response to the compliment. "Thank you. I believe you have quite a way with people yourself."

"I shall invite you. Do feel free to bring a friend, as well."
    Jennifer nods slightly as she listens to the situation Chris found himself in. "It is a bit uncomfortable to have to form a new relationship when the person who initiated the project, needs to leave the project. I am glad that you have managed to forge something on your own.

I know that Steve and Maya were getting set up as roommates. I keep thinking about checking in on her - or Steve's birds, if she can't keep them. Yet time keeps slipping away."

10. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

He couldn't help it: he chuckled right along with her. Although her describing it as 'ecstasy' made the wheels in his head spin. That would be quite the way of thrill-seeking. But he couldn't be sure that there weren't any dangers.. or that Jennifer was telling the truth. The Warlock was silent for a rather long time. Then he pursed his lips and playfully waggled a finger at his hostess. "Ah, but you're not exactly unbiased in that opinion, are you?" There was a tone in his voice, not quite like flirting but very much akin to it. He didn't outright reject the idea, but he wasn't directly asking for anything either. It was almost like he was toying with her, or with the idea. "You know, I believe in the more practical approach to acquiring knowledge. If I ever asked to.. experiment with you in that regard, would you agree to this? And given that how do I know there aren't any side effects you're conveniently keeping from me?"

He held his alcohol well and eloquence was part of him to an extend where he could be verbose even when downright shitfaced - but there was an ever so slight slur to his words.

Alice adjusting? To the break-up with Steve? Or just in general - what was it with everybody trying to change Phoenyx? "I'm sure she's doing just fine. At least she was the last time I saw her." Did he have to disclose that he wasn't really too close with Alice himself? Eh, since Jennifer hadn't asked..
    "Why thank you." He briefly wondered how polite this conversation would be if they were rivals in their respective worlds instead.. and barely supressed a shudder. Yeah no, he'd try his damn best to stay on her good side.

And Belle was also added to the social network shared with Jennifer. Crystal had to remind himself that he couldn't be sure that the Vampire knew about Belle's Awakened soul - or Phoenyx' soul, for that matter. "Yeah, Maya is a gem. I'm actually pretty close with her myself. Good conversationalist, although she's a bit more rough around the edges than us." A crooked smile as he sipped on his wine again.

12. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"Unbiased on myself... no. Although I do think of myself as someone who seeks out unbiased sources in my research. To keep things pure." Jennifer's Cursed voice replies, her expression remaining friendly. Dark brown eyes regard Chris for a moment.

"I am unaware of side effects from the Kiss for you."
    Jennifer replied. "Surprising. Steve and I had discussed this idea."

"Ooh, more edges? How intriqing. We spoke only for a bit at the exclusive party when Steve introduced us. I don't know her well. I am glad to hear that she was not negatively impacted.
    Do you mind if I ask what you do, Chris?

I consider myself a researcher. A constant student."

14. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

(Don't admit you're a slacker)Willpower 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The wheels in Crystal's head turned faster. "You and Steve have talked about this? But you haven't done this with him, right?" He didn't take Kaze for the risktaker or thrill-seeker. What was that about? And while they were on the topic: "The Kiss? Is that what you call it?" A smile spread on Crystal's face, the wine made it a bit skewed, sloppy. "I can get behind that idea. But hey, as far as I'm concerned I'm mostly just a regular human, so I would feel that ecstasy you're talking about right?"

Two things happened: he realized that he was enjoying that stupid idea of his more and more, and Jennifer had asked him about his profession. Same as Matthew - who had that weird idea that Crystal didn't know what he wanted to do with his life - and just as when the Werewolf asked Crystal didn't have a answer at the ready. Did 'spending my parent's money, trying not to kill any more Sleepers with my Magic' count? Somehow the Warlock doubted it. "I would consider myself in the same realm. A researcher, trying to get to the bottom of things few people are willing to look into."

4 successes

Did he sacrifice his free time for the sciences and the occult instead of going out and sleeping off his hangovers? No, but it pretty much sounded like it. He didn't want to feel like a bum, damn it! And because this conversation was about to remind him of that fact again (and because he might just do something really stupid) he decided it was time to leave. "And as a researcher I would very much like to meet you again, and soon. Unfortunately I'm afraid I'll have leave for tonight. But I have enjoyed this meeting. You are a very gracious host."

It had been good, interesting. But the fact remained that Jennifer was a predator and Crystal just about offered himself on a silver platter. He might have to return to that topic sober.

16. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer looked at Chris for a moment.
    "Yes, it is called the Kiss. To be honest, as far as I know, you would experience the same as my other dates."

Jennifer answers as best to the code of honesty as her conscience allowed. "Few people are willing to look into? That is intriquing." Jennifer admitted.

"Of course, the evening grows late. I have enjoyed the conversation." Jennifer gave a gentle smile.
    Jennifer rose to her feet. Liam opened the door and moved to call the elevator for Chris.

The two made their goodbyes. Would they meet again? Jennifer would like to. She was still trying to get the idea of the Kiss and Chris out of her head.

Thanks for a great scene!

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread