Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Reach out and touch

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

(Reach out and touch)Vitae 2 Spent
    NOS
    PRE

Within an upscale hotel, Jennifer is lounging on a love seat within the lounge in front of the elevator. There is a leather shoulder bag placed on the table. The brunette is reading what appears to be an antique book. Jennifer is wearing a modest gown in green. It is high neck, with long sleeves and tailored to touch her ankles. A gold silk scarf has been elaborately pinned to hide the left side of her neck and quite a bit of shoulder. She wears an emerald necklace that hangs from a custom chain to be seen underneath the scarf. Her skin has a healthy, living glow - a Blush.

Necklace

The penthouse has been reserved, the door standing open down the hall. A dark-haired young man, in an expensive grey suit, is within, setting out wine glasses at the table. A tall vase has been brought in, a few blooms of blue convolvulus flowers and babys breath. Jennifer had created the arrangement herself.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

2. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

When Crystal read the address he knew he had to dress up. He questioned the place's privacy, but they were only here to talk about Kaze so as long as he didn't spill any Supernal secrets by accident he should be fine though. The fact that Jennifer could afford to afford a place like this spoke volumes about her wealth, influence or both.

Entering the lounge Crystal actually had to stop and take in that outfit. That dress was gorgeous - and between him and Aurora he wasn't easily stumped when it came to fashion. He approached Jennifer openly. "I don't want to spoil you the ending, but it turns out roses are just a bunch of overdramatic lairs." What better way to break the ice than a brilliant joke? After a beat or two he offered Jennifer his hand with a smile. "Hey Jennifer. Thanks for meeting me. Although I take personal offense in the fact that you look this good." Chances were this conversation would suck in some way, so Chris resorted to humor and superficiality - at least until his nerves calmed down a bit.
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

4. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"Overdramatic?"
    Jennifer's Cursed voice plucked out the word choice, savoring it. She paused a moment. Her voice could be jarring, even to Kindred. She wanted a moment for Chris to adjust to ther serpent crawling over crisp autumn leaves that was her voice.

" I had a rather nice conversation with someone at the opening of the flower shop... Oh, I have neglected to stop by the shop as I had intended."

At the compliment, Jennifer brushed her dress as she rose to a standing position, tucking the book into her bag as she did so.
    "Thank you. You look delightful yourself."

Had she been tempted to use another word to describe Chris? Of course. Yet they did not know one another well. She did not want to put him on the defensive already.

"Shall we adjourn to the room? My assistant has set out drinks and a few nibbles."

Jennifer didn't wait, gliding with an elegant stride to the expensive and well-appointed room. Two bottles of wine were chilling. A room service tray was set near the small dining table set for two, the vase with the blue convolvulus flower prominently displayed.

Jennifer's bag was taken by the quiet, dark-haired man, who set it on a nearby hook. The man pulled out the dining room chairs for Jennifer and Chris.
    "Chris, this is Liam. Liam, this is Chris. A friend of Steve's."
    Liam made a nod to Chris, the briefest of eye contact offered to the handsome visitor.

Then Liam moved away to examine the wine.
    "Shall we start with some wine?"
    Jennifer asked, looking over to Chris.
    They had matters to discuss. Yet she wouldn't be rude to ignore social etiquette. Or to have several glasses of wine without offering delectable food for the mortal. Although she wasn't looking forward to the aftermath.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

6. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

And then, just like that, Crystal was reminded of what might lurk beneath the pretty exterior. Was he being unfair? Mortal women could have had an accident, could have a voice like that. And Kaze really liked her, so Crystal could look beyond this superficial flaw, right?

Yeah, maybe. The Warlock's smile didn't falter, although something in the back of his head was put on edge. There probably was some merit to him not letting his guard down. "Yeah, I mean: 'I love you'? 'I'll always be yours'? Doesn't that seem a bit.. too much?" And it was only after the fact that his playful banter might hit a bit too closely to home for Jennifer. Whelp.

He took her polite greeting with a playful roll of the eyes, although it was difficult to act as if nothing was wrong. His reptile brain was screaming at him - but didn't the stereotypes say that if anyone should be above their primal urges it should be the Mastigos? Crystal soldiered on. "That sounds great, let's go somewhere more private."

And thus he followed her to the room. It was impressive, really. She even had her own.. butler? Crystal gave him an appreciative look - not his type, but Jennifer proved to have style in all things - and a smile before sitting down. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Liam." Although he never heard Kaze talk about a dark-haired stranger. As with everything else, he had to take his hosts word for now.
    This was so much more high-brow than the parties he usually attended, but it wasn't like the Warlock never found himself in well-behaved circles. This was a dance for now, a giving and taking of pleasantries and maybe once some trust was earned they could leave the pre-approved step-patterns and move a bit more freely. "Wine would be nice, yeah." And just to fill the air while the first glasses were poured he pointed at the vase. "So, what do those flowers say? I assume it's no accident they're displayed here?"

8. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer's expression brightens at the playful banter.
    "The basic, insincere messages? Yes, some are over - used. Inelegant. Yet one can send delicate, layered messages. In the Victorian ages, flowers often conveyed messages. One could socially one - up rivals, all within polite social scenes."
    Jennifer does not appear offended.
    Liam selects a bottle of wine, pouring white wine for the table. "Château d'Yquem."

"Some of the tea nibbles." Jennifer states, lady - like. A three tiered tray is brought to the table with chicken salad sandwiches and cucmber sandwiches, cut into bite sized wedges, on the bottom tray. There are crackers and delicate triangles of cheese on another. The top holds macaroons, cookies and small wrapped groumet truffles.
    Liam retreats, within earshot yet not looming over them.

"These are flowers that have some special meaning to me. Old friends used these in many an arrangement, they became rather known for them. In the language of flowers, the blue convolvulus conveys 'Repose. Night." A small smile. " I am sure you see why they are a favorite of mine.
    Other convolvulus can say different things. Convolvulus simple is 'bonds'. Pink conveys 'worth sustained by judicious and tender affection.' "

Jennifer plucked up her wine glass, swirling it. Observing Chris for a beat. The brunette took a sip of the wine.

"Mmm. I am out of practice. I simply chose this because it is supposed to be nice. I had just begun to start sampling different drinks on outings with Steve." Brown eyes regard Chris. "How are you doing?"

Description of the wine

10. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Crystal almost tripped at the dance and asked outright if Jennifer was around in the Victorian era, but he caught himself in time. Maybe he was lucky the wine hadn't been poured yet. Still, the question bugged him. "Something you've read in that book?" And yeah, the reason they met up was way more personal than polite banter or curiosity, but it wasn't every day that there was something that genuinely interested the Mage.

He nodded and smiled at Liam when he got served the wine and the Warlock almost almost felt like a dandy in an Oscar Wilde play at the selection of snacks. "You do make an exceptional host." He refrained from having something to eat for the moment, but he unconsciously mirrored Jennifer and swirled his wine glas a bit. He couldn't quite put his finger on it - and maybe her creepy voice made things more difficult - but the way she talked about the language of flowers was oddly fascinating. There seemed to be passion, but also restrain and good form. He briefly thought of the leader of his Order when he would go on scientific rants and had to supress a smirk. Maybe that kind of restraint came with time and experience. "I see, very fittingly chosen then. And maybe one day a meeting between us can be decorated by the pink Convolvulus."

He met her gaze and took a deep breath, inhaling the aroma of the wine. Yeah, some liquid courage might make this go easier from here on out. He'd just have to watch his intake. Before he took his first sip, the Mastigos raised his glas at the Vampire. "To whatever may grow from less fortunate events." The toast was half honest wish, half an presented opening to talk about Kaze - Steve.
    It tasted good, expensive. He was glad that Jennifer had chosen dry wine and Crystal acknowledged the drink with an affirmative hum. "This is delicious." But there was this other question hanging unanswered. Crystal considered for a moment, pondered on how much he was willing to share. "I'm.. mostly fine, honestly. I am sure Steve had his reasons to go and while I think his departure might be more permanent than he made it seem I am glad that I have made his acquaintance. Became his friend."

Did that seem cold? Maybe, but it was pretty damn close to the truth. "How about you? Did he.. did you get a chance to say good bye?"

12. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"What I said just now? No. I am a bit of a student of history. I spend time with some people who share my interest in horticulture."
    Jennifer pauses for a moment, considering Chris' words. She selects a truffle, turning it over and inspecting the chocolate sprinkles. It was pretty, and she took pleasure in its delicate appearance. She set it on a little plate to eat. Yet she continues to talk, distracted from the treat.
    "Thank you, Chris. I hoped to put you at ease. I know it might be a bit awkward to meet. Without Steve as the buffer." And he knew certain things about her nature that could make him reluctant to trust her. He seemed that intelligent.
    Jennifer's expression brightened at the mention of pink Convolvulus. "I look forward to that night."

"He did say good bye. In a rush." Jennifer admitted. She was sincere, letting concern show on her face.
    "It is understandable - family has to be a priority."
    Jennifer had been curious about his family, even how her voice had reminded him of someone close to Steve. Yet she had to admit, she was concerned about Steve. A bit surprised at the lack of communication. Yet hadn't she considered this very situation a year ago?

"I have decided on the same timeline as you have. Something serious has occured. He has had to adjust his life. I suppose we should be glad for the time that we spent with him." A sincere smile. "It... is unusual. That I am surprised by this. This feeling of actually caring. I have abstained from relationships for a very long time, before Steve came along." Jennifer gave a small laugh. She had almost been honest about her timeline with Chris, and she reminded herself that Chris was Steve's friend. Not her ally. She could be honest about her state, emotionally. And very cautious about being pined down on specifics.

"Mostly fine." She drew out, swirling the wine. She took a lady like sip. The Nosferatu delicately set the wine glass down on the table.
    "I hope that is true, Chris. I have to admit, you seem... genuine. Sincere. I do hope that if something is troubling you, that you could state it. I would like to help you, even if it is just a conversation with someone who doesn't know you very well. "
    Jennifer meets Chris' eyes, her own sincere. Her brow a bit wrinkled with concern.
    She was being honest.

14. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Putting him at ease might be a bit much to say, but at least Crystal wasn't straight out fleeing into the night despite sitting across a literal Vampire. Accepting the whole universe was a Lie is a lot, but you somehow come to deal with that thought. Monsters existing in that Lie? That was a different topic. "Well, if anything I believe there is the possibility of an exchange of ideas and knowledge." The kind of knowledge one could share without being offed by the Guardians, that is.

Well, at least he didn't just shoot her a text. Crystal watched Jennifer for any strong emotion and ultimately didn't blame her for taking it as composedly as she was. Hell, he wasn't one to flaunt big feelings either. He nodded understandingly and a thought crossed his mind. Unfortunately, that thought left his mouth before he could stop it. "So it is definitely over between you two? How much has Steve told you about.. you know, his line of work?" The Warlock was almost surprised by himself: for one, he hadn't expected to be a bit jealous in case Kaze had continued to contact Jennifer. He was also a bit startled by the reflex to guard their secrets like only stereotypical Mages could. He was lucky that his voice and body language weren't as offensive as the questions he asked.

Then she turned the tables, asked him how he was doing. Fuck, usually you had to pay a stranger to have them listen to you talking about your baggage. Crystal took another big sip and leaned back, obviously pondering on the question. "Well, to be totally honest: I was in much the same position you have been. Like, I didn't think I'd be up for such a close friendship anymore before meeting Steve." But that was about as much vulnerability as the Mastigos allowed himself for now. He chuckled and emptied the rest of his wine. "I guess he was convincing like that. Now I'm left with the question if it's worth the trouble of doing that again. I don't know whether you've noticed, but Sacramento doesn't seem to lend itself for permanent residency." There was an unstated question hanging between the lines and Crystal looked at his host with raised eyebrows, waiting if she'd answer.

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer evaluated Chris for a moment. There was a definite pull at the idea of an exchange of knowledge and ideas. It was a great bit of what she was- a scholar and a Notary. Yet she did not immediately commit, turning the idea over like a pebble she had found and was inspecting. The moment stretched as Jennifer considered.
    She would be interested, yet the old adage and the actual Laws pressed on her. She was Oath Sworn to obey the Prince, and proud of it. Yet the mysterious nature of the rooftop party had disclosed Chris's and her own nature to each other.
    It boiled down to trust. It would be seen if Chris could be trusted.

"I am a scholar, first. I love collecting information. With others of my nature, I agree to a quid pro quo. "
    Jennifer replied at last.

" Over in the sense that he hasn't contacted me since he left the get together at that mysterious location in October."

Jennifer replied, matter of fact. She was a bit surprised. And of course, she would like to see Steve.
    Yet something important had occurred. He needed to be where he was, and she respected that. He held to his commitment, and she would respect that.
    She did not offer her personal thoughts on it to Chris. She considered the second part of his inquiry. Jennifer thought back to what Skye had told her. About what Steve himself had confided.

"I am not familiar with your kind, so I am unsure how much Steve's confided. I learned a bit about why you must be secretive, which I support. I have not entered what I was shown into my chronicles.

I was given the opportunity to see Steve's haven through his eyes. Which was marvelous."
    True emotion touched her eyes, remembering the trust that he had shown. Seeing the pathways that his kind saw had been wonderful.
    Jennifer did have a chance to reflect on why she had not recorded what she had been told in her private journal. Even her coded personal notebook. There was a thread of danger around it, in her mind.

Jennifer looks to Chris as he shared. Looking to see his emotional state.

" I think that he was a bit unusual. He didn't make demands or set off personal alarms. Warnings we've both learned to look for from past relationships.
    He was sincere. That sincerity was what attracted me to him. Honesty. Even when it was difficult, or could disappoint someone. I subscribe to a theory of being honest, whenever possible. I function a bit like an honest reporter to some."

She continues to watch him for a clue of how he felt. A sign of what he needed.
    "Sacramento is a crucible." Jennifer replied.
    " Trees need to grow exposed to strong winds to send down strong roots. If trees are sheltered and then relocated, they tumble at the first strong gusts of wind. I often consider Sacramento to be the same.
    Some weather that storm and strive forward, stronger. Some alight to the wind, drifting to settle somewhere else."

Jennifer considered in silence for a beat. "Those who moved on can still touch us, still teach us.
    A family member of mine, who I respect a great deal, needed to find a different shore.
    I suppose we do need to decide how we strive forward.
    I know that I still hold him in my heart. Steve did not hurt me, or abuse my trust. That I can hold."

Dark brown eyes regard Chris, sincere. Her body had remained still. No fidget, no interaction with the drink or truffle. Her flushed, warm looking skin giving all the blush of life to her still form.

17. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

While he was somewhat unemphatic Crystal did notice Jennifer's scrutiny and stayed as open and honest looking as possible as a result. The fact that Kaze had already shared some things even gave him a bit of wiggle room when it came to things to talk about, so it seemed like they could at least benefit a bit from their late shared friend - although a deeper alliance wasn't totally out of the realm of possibilities. "See, I could tell that we were kindred spirits in that regard. I'm sure you'll agree that there is a lot to learn and discover, even just within our respective spheres of influence. But to actually learn something different," now at least Crystal reached for one of the pieces of cucumber sandwich, "that's a really interesting prospect."

He smiled at his host before eating the snack. If the food was actually poisoned or otherwise compromised? Fuck, then he'd learn the first lesson of the day: just because a Vampire offers you hospitality it doesn't mean that they'll have to adhere to this promise.
    Of course those were just paranoid thoughts brought forth by Jennifer's cursed voice. It actually tasted quite pleasant - Crystal chased the food down with a sip of wine. "I'd suggest we get together some other night to start this exchange of information in earnest. This way nobody has to feel overwhelmed by the spontaneity." Because frankly the fact that Kaze had shared his Mage Sight with her was already big news.

The Warlock listened to what Jennifer had to say about Kaze and smiled wistfully. Sure, part of this was his way of putting up walls: showing this vulnerability instead of actually allowing himself to feel it. She was spot on with her assessment of the Obrimos though. An unusual man, indeed. "I like the way you think about Sacramento. How long have you been here yourself? Or do you plan on weathering the storm much longer, for that matter?" Her open communication in that regard told him that the coming and going wasn't exclusively a problem of the Awakened population. Damn, maybe that's something to discuss with the other members of the Mysterium in the long run. Despite everything Crystal relaxed a bit, assuming a more lose and open listening position and forgoing the formal stiffness of the beginning little by little.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread