(Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Crystal listened to Belle's way of seeing things, steadilly sipping at his beer and keeping his attention mostlywith her. The innuendo got a much-needed chuckle out of him, because everything else she said was just too.. sweetly optimistic. "I can respect your point of view and as far as I'm concerned you can have all the happy endings ever. I'd rather take what life throws at me and try to come out sane and in once piece." He shrugged. Neither Kaze nor Belle would lure him away from the beaten path of his philosphical outlook: things were mostly shit, but one could enjoy whenever they weren't.

Now that his Warlock-buddy mentioned it Crystal saw it too: why hasn't nobody approached Aurora yet? "Well, maybe they're intimidated bei the women in our club - none of them really scream 'damsel in distress and in need of a prince'. Or heck, maybe people are too afraid of complicated aftermaths to dip their pen in the company ink. So to speak." Dumped lovers were bad enough, but adding to this the ability to literally change reality to fuck up your day? Yeah no, thanks. Crystal was glad that he was the only one playing for his team, so the question was moot.

He may be a social person, but empathetic isn't one of his traits. Thus, Belle's change in demeanor stayed unnoticed. "Well no, not neccessarily. Those strings come with time and expectations - and then it's up to every adult party involved to watch how they're dealing with it. I notice I'm catching feelings?" Theoretically speaking, of course. "I'll have to voice those feelings and see what the other one thinks. But just because someone wants something doesn't mean anyone is entitled to get that."

Hearing her explain why exactly Belle thought she was doomed to mess any relationship up, Crystal could only intellectually relate to her. An idle thought shot through his mind: in a way she wasn't too different from Kaze. So maybe she needed to hear something the Obrimos once told Crystal. "I get that, but consider this: this fear of fucking up, of pushing people away? That's half the battle of ensuring that you won't. From what I've seen you're an intelligent and loyal gal with a big heart." He held up both hands in a faux-surrender and quickly added. "I don't want to downplay your worries, but you can take me as a vote of confidence in your social capabilities."
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

2. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    Mana: 9/9
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

Belle almost continues the train of thought with the subject of 'happy endings'...almost. Damn her, she could handle her alcohol well enough to not rely on it to lower her standards. "Well, just know that if you do need someone to talk to that I'm available. 'Iron sharpens iron', ya know?"

"Aw! You think I'm intimidating? I'll take that as a compliment."
    Not that she really tried at it. Warlocks tended to corner the market on spooking people by origin alone. But she could believe that Phoenyx and Aurora might scare some people away. ​But it doesn't look like they're looking for anything that I can tell. "Hard things are worth fighting for; maybe the damsel is also the dragon in this case?"

She swirls Crystal's words around her head like the liquid in her glass; marinating in the worldly wisdom. "It still sucks when things don't pan out though. You invest in something, and then find out you're only met halfway?" Damn! Now who's glass half empty? Get out of your head, girl! That's what Crystal's trying to tell you. She's still thoughtful, but she does smile a bit more to Crystal. "But, in compromise, that's why you communicate early on. To make sure you're both in for the long haul. Then, even if things change, you've had the conversation."

Crystal's encouragement warms the Warlock's heart, and she playfully wraps an arm around his shoulder and squeezes. "I'm glad. I'm really trying, you know. And thanks for the reminder; I haven't really let fear stop me at work, but relationships...I guess I'm working on that balance of open but cautious." All a part of being a new girl in a new town.

But things have been too heavy for too long in this conversation. She chuckles.
    "And hey, at least I know I've got a buddy to commiserate with in case of some messy breakup in the future."She never lost an opportunity to bond with a friend. Speaking of...

"Okay, so you said you have a thing for redheads, right? What do you think my type is?" She says this with a raised eyebrow as if to say ​no mind-reading tricks.

4. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ugh, gotta hand it to Belle - she made even the mushy things sounds cool. Ish. "Yeah thanks, appreciated. You know, I probably don't always show it but," and exaggerated sigh, "same here. I'm happy you came here. Really." And down went that beer. He didn't order another one - he wasn't up for an argument and he kinda promised her to drink a reasonable amount here.
    He looked at Belle with a raised eyebrow. Alcohol sometimes really turned him into what right-leaning people would call a 'social justice warrior'. "I don't know. Seems like a lot of men are intimidated by women who don't take shit. Who don't define themselves through the male gaze." And yeah, maybe it showed that he had been reading up on that stuff lately. Dabbling. "Just remember that I'm on your side if the three dragons decide to rain ruin onto the male members of our club." And wouldn't you know? All this relationship-talk kinda made him depressed. Ugh.

1 success

This just wasn't his night. Either that or Belle had somehow cracked the poker face he used to put on. Hell, the careless demeanor was convincing enough but he wasn't sure if it convincer her. Whatever, he was on the way to have a buzz going, so what did he care.

He bore her signs of affection bravely. "Yeah, sure. Messy breakups and rebound-mediation is what I do. Though I'd worry more about the other guy." Maybe he was imagining things, but it sometimes felt like Belle had a short fuse. But fuck, he wasn't a therapist.
    The change in topics almost gave him whiplash, but he was always able to talk about men. "Hmm.." He fully turned to her, looking her up and down. "I saw you let lose with Josh and Jacob and it didn't seem like there were any sparks. So that excludes surferboys, bookworms and ridiculously beautiful people like me." Crystal took a look around the bar, playfully tapping his chin. And yeah, maybe ogling that cute guy a tad longer than necessary. "Could it be that I have a fellow enthusiast for burly and bear-ish men sitting across me?"

6. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    Mana: 9/9
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

"RAAAAAR!!!"

Belle snarls at Crystal, giggling playfully as she lets herself go a bit and slumps into him. "Oh God! Sorry, I just..." Her chuckles stop just short of hiccups "...I kind of like the idea of being a dragon. That sounds like a fun life goal. You can fly, you get a cool lair, you never have to worry about cold pizza." She pulls herself back up, choosing to ignore the stares that were undoubtedly coming at her from the other patrons. She came here to relax, dammit! And she was enjoying herself. "I accept your allegiance graciously, as the merciful murder-lizard that I am!"

She nods along at Crystal's 'diagnosis'.
    "I mean, they're both good people. But Josh seems like more of a buddy to hang out with. And Jacob's happily married, and I will fight to see he stays that way." Belle was no homewrecker, and she had little tolerance for those who were. "Burly? I don't know if I'd use that exact term, but..." She ponders for a second or two. "...action-oriented? Strong but not obsessed with themselves? Along those lines." She taps her chin. "Bear-ish? I guess as long as he's not TOO hairy. I'm not going to date a satyr anytime soon."

8. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Oof yeah, the alcohol was hitting Belle hard. Went to show who had any form of training. "Thanks, I appreciate it. I guess." He knew that people were looking at her, so he just helped her up again as she slumped and most importantly: he didn't looked around the room gauging who witnessed this. Trying to downplay the scene would only make them look worse. "But you know the agreement not to overdo it with alcohol cuts both ways? I think I'm calling us an Uber. No discussion, that's also on me."

He waved over the barkeeper and paid both their tabs. Hopefully she wouldn't put up a fight again.

He could use her current condition to coax a concrete name out of her, but despite all the cool appearance he tried to put up, he was actually really into consent and all. "Eh, good to know that we won't get into each other's way then. Usually I'd make you see the light when it comes to hairy men," testosterone and all, "but I guess that'd have to be a discussion to have sober." And while he was acting like all the gentlemen, he still checked off a few names of the mental list he made. Suddenly Corn's theory about Winter and her became a whole lot more plausible.

If she would let him - and if she was as bad off as it seemed he would be almost willing to make her - Crystal would do what he promised: bring Belle back home safely.

And then he could check the apps for a nightcap.

Time is almost up - I'm good to close. Thanks for the cool scene!

10. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread