Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

A necromancer's anxiety

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)

PRE

Dark eyes finally move from Corn to Aurora. "That is good advice. Not just for this, but in all things. Take time to reflect, consider the choices. If you would have made the same ones, you have acted in line with your true self. And if that is not who you wish to be, then you need to consider changing." She frowned, thoughtful. Hopefully her friend was taking the same advice. They needed their own talk soon.

It didn't take much insight for the source of Phoenyx's terseness. She had been trained as an Arrow, a soildier, and Corn's generalisations about soldiers clearly struck a nerve. Particularly the comment about sending in soldiers meant violence was a foregone conclusion.

The First Talon sighed, looking back to the Moros. "You are either lying to yourself, or not considered the event sufficiently. If you would truly repeat the same act, you would not still feel guilt. No time, no information.... these are excuses to comfort yourself and rationalise what was done to assuage your guilt. Saying what you would do suggests a desire to act differently. A conscience does not always respond to logical reason. When it does not, you are denying the intent of the Soul. I strongly recommend you reflect on the event, in your own time. Think evenly, with care. Do not shy from honest truth to protect your ego. You may not like what you see, but I assure you, one feels all the better for it - and can move forwards. Becoming the best version of yourself you can be." It sounded strange, these words coming from a woman who could not be thirty. As if she had lived a long life already.

She nodded once. "Then we will do so, when we are both available. Regarding arcana, I would need to know what you can do. Life is an excellent tool for rendering an individual unconscious with no lasting effects. I suppose Mind may be able to do similar. I know little of the Moros specialties, though I suspect they will be of little use in your endeavours aside from their shielding properties."
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Eyes close briefly, “I should choose my words better.” But she was touchy about killing. “I have my own demons I’m fighting with. So lets just call it a misunderstanding.” A forced smile. Was she a monster? Three possibly four Seer’s on your first-time taking lives was a lot.

An understanding nod, “No one can truly understand that state of mind until they have experienced it.” A look of both sadness and understanding given to him.

A half smirk, “I’d have some serious questions if you did like it.” Trying to lighten the mood cause this Shaman doesn’t do heavy.

The Shamans face was expressionless when Phoenyx talked about taking time to reflect and all that. Words she had heard from the Arrow before.

With the others deciding on firearms training, she just listened, nodded here and there. “If you want to learn some Life, let me know. But for the type of magic, we’re talking about, you’re looking at Disciple level training.” The spells weren’t easy, at least, not to some. “Other then that, I’m not sure I have much to offer in helping. Phoenyx tried to teach me to fight once, I really suck at it, but she's a good teacher.”

3. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life
     Improvised out-of-path, 

PRE

"Thank you, both. Phoenyx , you have given me thinks to ponder about. Both of you have eased my fears that my nature - and past crimes - will not burden my kid in a sins-of-the-father way, without shying away or sugarcoating what my nature as a mage means for those around me. I appreciate your honesty.
    As for my arcana, I am an apprentice of life. I can boost my firearms skill but I prefer to not have to rely only on magic... or use it to improve over what's already there.

Still, you said you suck in combat Aurora . But you're our Master and the most veteran member of the Mysterium, one that has seen a war with Seers. May I suggest you take steps to rectify that? I don't expect you to have to kill people for the Order but you are our heavy hitter, to put it bluntly.
    "

We could wrap this scene up soon, if you want guys.
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)

PRE

The Arrow nods in agreement. "I have found reasonable success using Life to trigger the body's autonomic functions - putting individuals to sleep. But consider tweaks to the environment that forces your opponent to concentrate on other things - this can be just as effective as direct combat. Forces can reduce floor friction or the ability to hold to objects. Perhaps Matter could do similar."

"If you prefer to rely on skills, then you need to devote your time to them. You can come to the Arrow Tower at a later time and we can practice with firearms there." She looked questioningly at Corn's suggestion. "Not everyone seeks to hone these skills - a master is a rank of magical skill and prowess and has nothing to do with combat. Aurora is more than capable of looking after herself. Should you have situations that require... 'heavy hitters'," she sounds the phrase unfamiliarly, "Then I am available to call on."

I'm happy to wrap up. I have about 3 other scenes waiting in the wings for Mage!
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Nodding, “I get not wanting to rely solely on magic. It’s smart in my opinion.” She tried not to rely on her magic.

The Shaman heard his words, and knew he was only looking out for her, and the Order.

“Don’t get me wrong, I suck in combat, there is no denying that. But I’m able to keep myself safe while boosting others and keeping them alive. That’s my place in a fight, and I’m ok with it. Should a fight take a nasty turn and I need to stop it, I can, and am willing.” But her skills were keeping others alive and fighting. Boosting already existing skills to give her friends the edge.

“Matter is about altering substances, and making broken things work. And sometimes, working things, well, not. Just depends on how you use it.” She knew some Matter, but didn’t use it often.

There was an appreciation for her friend speaking up for her. “The Arrow, and Phoenyx, are the ones you want in a fight. I’m always willing to be there, but I’m there as support and reattaching limbs.” A small smirk.

Also good to wrap up, been a fun scene!

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life
     Improvised out-of-path, 

PRE

"I would not underestimate mastery and I would encourage you Aurora to think of ways to use your powerful magic should the need arise. A master of life can do very powerful magical beasts. I guess it requires hours of preparation and can't be done effectively in battle, but I have heard stories of winged crocodiles spitting venom or turning kitties to Laernean Hydras or something." Corn said encouragingly.
    Taking the last sip of his coffee, he stood up.

"Thank you both. You are good women." he said honestly.
    After farewells and goodbyes Corn returned to his work.

I really liked that scene, thanks guys
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

8. Likes Xadun liked this post
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread