Contact
    (Street)
    Contact
    (News Media)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Bellemy

Nosferatu Curse:

Phisically deformed head and mouth with shark-like teeth and a grotesquly emaciated body, too long nails and a palpable aura of inappropriateness.

FAME
    NOS
    PRE

Bellemy had chosen a small out of the way diner to meet with the clan whip. At this late hour there were few patrons and even fewer staff. The server was experienced enough not to make too much noise about Bellemy's coverings and aside from the obligatory murmurs the haunt moved unhindered to a quite corner table.

Once seated Bellemy ordered a carafe of coffee with no intention of drinking it. Appearances must be maintained.
    The Cockscomb was more nervous about this meeting than Bellemy first realized when the haunt descided to include Connor OBrien in the plan. Now Bellemy figeted slightly and waited.

Curse: See Minisheet

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

(Blush)Vitae 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

The Whip found himself at the diner Bellemy had indicated in her text, dressed down to fit the location. Tonight he wore blue jeans, a white tee, and a leather jacket; a la James Dean. Just before entering, he willed his blood to give his dead flesh color and warmth.

With the 'ding' of the door, Connor had arrived. Looking around for a moment, he spotted Bellemy in the corner booth and went to join her. The Cockscombe took a seat and filled one of the coffee cups present from the carafe. "Good evening, he said, his accent light but present, "how are you tonight?"
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

Bellemy Salem
    Presence
    (Dreadful)
    Fame
    (Author (Pen Name))
    Contact
    (Street)
    Contact
    (News Media)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Bellemy

Nosferatu Curse:

Phisically deformed head and mouth with shark-like teeth and a grotesquly emaciated body, too long nails and a palpable aura of inappropriateness.

FAME
    NOS
    PRE

Bellemy smiled as Connor sat. "Thank you for coming." The haint replied foregoing the usual Epithet due to the public nature of the meeting. "I am well as I hope you are also. Before I get into why I asked you here. I have a question. Bellemy retrieved an intricate necklace from a pocket and held it for Connor to view. "This is very pretty. I noticed three packages together in a very safe space. Am I correct in my assumption that it was you who left them?"

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

(Imbibe)Vitae 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"I'm doing well, thank you." The haunt started as he drew his cup of coffee closer. He gave a nod to Bellemy indicating that he was listening to her question as he brought the cup to his lips, willing his blood to allow him to partake in the mortal drink. He could take no nourishment from the beverage, but bad diner coffee had a way of growing on you. "Ah, yes, I left them as a token of gratitude for how we portrayed ourselves in that meeting the other day. We all did well enough, so I thought it fitting to show my appreciation for it." His head tilted to the side slightly. "Was there a problem with it? Do I need to get it repaired or replaced?"
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

Bellemy Salem
    Presence
    (Dreadful)
    Fame
    (Author (Pen Name))
    Contact
    (Street)
    Contact
    (News Media)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Bellemy

Nosferatu Curse:

FAME
    NOS
    PRE

Bellemy looked intently at Connor weighing the man's words. "That depends on if the necklace hold any special meaning? a secret signal perhaps? and what the cost to me is if I accept." it was never wise to take a gift at face value. All Kindred could be tricky and Invictus found meaning in everything.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Connor shifted his head slightly side to side, visibly in thought. "Accepting the gift costs you nothing. It's common place in the Yacht Club to give gifts to someone you're pleased with. The cost comes should you decide to wear it publicly. It shows respect to wear a gift given to you; though had you not asked me, you could have gotten away with using ignorance as an excuse to wear it without it meaning anything. At least once, that is." He paused for a moment, taking a sip of his coffee but regarding Bellemy over the cup. He spoke then, still holding the cup. "That's all it means, no promise of a favor later, no secret pledge to support me in all of my endeavors. Wearing it simply means that you have enough respect for me to visibly show it. At least to those who know where it came from, Jennifer and Helen in this case. If you don't want to wear it, I won't try to force or convince you. You should keep it though, that won't do you any harm."

Finally he set the cup down and watched the other Haunt for a moment. "Is this the only reason you called me down here, or was there more that you wanted to discuss?"
    The Vanishing:

Bellemy Salem
    Presence
    (Dreadful)
    Fame
    (Author (Pen Name))
    Contact
    (Street)
    Contact
    (News Media)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Bellemy

Nosferatu Curse:

FAME
    NOS
    PRE

Bellemy watched Connor's eyes and pondered his words for a long moment. Finally coming to a decision the haunt put on the necklace.

"In that case. I thank you for your generous gift."

Once that was done Bellemy answered Connor's question. "No that was just circumstance. The reason I wished to see you is that I have a proposal. I do not know if you are aware but I have been engaged in charitable service to the local homeless community. Their requiremnts are easy to attain with the resources at my disposal. I feel that work has been going well." Bellemy knew that Connor was quick enough to read between the lines and figure out the reason so the haunt just continued "That work has left me with a feeling of longing. I don't mind getting into the dirt but I do miss the glamor of High Society."

Bellemy looked away from Connor to glance at across the room at a table of drunks.

"To that end, I feel a Hellfire club may be just the itch to scratch. I was hoping you may share a similar enthusiasm at the notion and I wanted to at the very least hear your thoughts.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Yes, I have heard that working with the homeless is a very rewarding and enlightening experience. I do hope it works out for you." The haunt sais, catching Bellemy's meaning.

Connor mulled over the rest of Bellemy's words, her request, for a moment. Silence filled the space between them. Finally two words escaped his lips. "I'm in." There was a brief pause as Connor seemed lost in a semblance of thought. "I have a metting coming up later this month, if all goes well, I may even have a place to host meetings. No promises, I'm waiting on a permit from the local government, but if that comes through we're in the clear." He paused yet again. "This diner is a bit public for the rest of my thoughts when it comes to the matter. These club meetings tend to lean more toward a Bacchannal than anything official."
    The Vanishing:

Bellemy Salem
    Presence
    (Dreadful)
    Fame
    (Author (Pen Name))
    Contact
    (Street)
    Contact
    (News Media)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Bellemy

Nosferatu Curse:

FAME
    NOS
    PRE

Bellemy remembered to breath, without realizing the haunt had stopped to await Connor's reply. How long had it been? One minute? Two? Did anyone notice? I must be more careful. came the thought. The haunt glanced around the room and of course no one was looking at them. The curse had a way of making people not want to pay too close attention to the Nosferatu.

Confident there would be no issues with any of the other patrons Bellemy continued the conversation. "Well that is marvelous. Honestly I didn't know how you would react but you have gladdened my heart.

Bellemy looked with intrest as Connor laid out his part
    Interesting. I wonder if he had a similar thought himself. It does run in the blood after all. outloud the haunt added "Indeed they do. While you are setting up the location I will focus my efforts on the who. I will find some likely applicants who posses the nessasary.. predilections and submit a folio for your perusal and input."

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

The whip smiled then, wide and toothy. "Well, monotony does tend to weasel its way into the lives of those who are more well off. Something to entertain ourselves is a more than worth while endeavor."

He still wondered if it was their shared bloodline that drove Bellemy to choose him for this partnership, or if it was something else. Still, he couldn't turn the idea or opportunity down, especially with the contacts it may offer the pair. "That's an acceptable idea, I'll be sure to contact you as soon as the location has been secured. You'll get a tour so that you can make your thoughts known and possible changes can be made."
    The Vanishing:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread