(Unassuming)
    Status
    (Mysterium)
    Emotional Detachment
    Library
    (Classical Mysticism)
    Mobius
    Nimbus

Visual lag (jerky motions, sudden starts and stops) seems to occur around the onlookers' periphery, and the world takes on muted rainbow shades that shift and bend, like a magnet near a CRT television.

PRE

"Eh? Oh, sure." Mobius fumbles in her bag and pulls out a ball-point pen. She stands in a hurry, handing the pen to Phoenyx and moving in close next to her to watch the corrections. Her attention well and truly captured.

"There's some irony there, don't you think?" she responds absentmindedly, her focus still on Phoenyx's work. "Going to the theater for free time, but using it for practice? Still sounds like you're working to me." she lets out a small chuckle. "But y'know, people say a lot of things. It's best to be true to yourself.. right?"

Mobius looks at the other woman when the joke fails to land. She covers her mouth with her hand, laughing a little louder this time. "Yeah.. true to yourself. Just like that."

2. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)

PRE

"The thing about Force is it follows very regimented rules. Understanding those rules help bend and eventually break how they work," She says a little absently, correcting the rune. "There. It should work now."

Phoenyx frowns a little. "I... suppose." Was it really work? She was trying to be better at people. Wasn't that important? "I still enjoy it. Learning can be enjoyable. There are so many things in our lives we need to engage with to challenge us, we may as well find some pleasure in them." There was a small nod. "Being honest is important - none more so than being honest with yourself."

She smiles a little uncertainly. "Was... was that funny? I didn't mean to make a joke. I need my bike. It is very special to me."
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

4. Likes liked this post
    Mobius
    Presence
    (Unassuming)
    Status
    (Mysterium)
    Emotional Detachment
    Library
    (Classical Mysticism)
    Mobius
    Nimbus

Visual lag (jerky motions, sudden starts and stops) seems to occur around the onlookers' periphery, and the world takes on muted rainbow shades that shift and bend, like a magnet near a CRT television.

PRE

Watching Phoenyx scribe with ease was like magic unto itself. Not just for the realm of Forces, but in supernal understanding itself Mobius felt like there was a widening chasm between Phoenyx and herself. "Wow." Is all she could say, looking at her failed attempts next to the authentic rune.

From the Talon's explanation, it seemed clear to Mobius that the woman had difficulty separating work and pleasure. Challenging yourself was admirable, of course, but having that permeate your free time? She was a Type-A personality, to be sure. Another difference for the list.

"No, not funny." she said with a smirk, "More like.. unexpectedly endearing?" she offers no further elaboration. "I doubt I could handle riding by myself anyway, but next time I need to get across town in a hurry, I know who I'm gonna call."

6. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)

PRE

Phoenyx smiles slightly, pleased. "I am sure I would find forming an accurate rune of Time difficult. Affinities exist, we cannot deny that. But through practice we overcome them." She hands back the book and the pen.

There is a slightly bewildered look. "Um. Thank you?" She replies tentatively. "If you do know of an event where such an emergency may occur I would rather know sooner than later."

The Obrimos looks at the books. "What were you reading?" she asks.

8. Likes DeepSeas liked this post
    Mobius
    Presence
    (Unassuming)
    Status
    (Mysterium)
    Emotional Detachment
    Library
    (Classical Mysticism)
    Mobius
    Nimbus

PRE

Mobius takes the items back from the Arrow. "For some reason, I don't believe that." She furrows her brow, still looking over Phoenyx's handiwork. "The you having difficulty part.. not the other part." she clarifies awkwardly. "Knowing your limits is important.. but I'll keep trying."

"You're welcome" she replies bashfully. "Here." She pulls her cellphone from her pocket and hands that to the other mage next. "Give me those digits, and you can be my magic 911." What does that even mean, Mobius? There was no stopping this social trainwreck today.

When Phoenyx asks about her other book she replies quickly, "Lovecraft!" It felt a little silly, reading 'fictional' cthonic horrors, when she knew that somewhere out there they really might exist. Not that she'd ever meet one. Hopefully. "Sometimes it helps me stay grounded. Reading about things that just a few years ago would have seemed completely absurd. Y'know?"

Sorry about the delay on this one!

10. Likes Xadun, Aeolus liked this post
    Bump Xadun "Bump" this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

PRE

There is a small shrug. "I have never studied Time. Atlantean is a constantly shifting language, impossible to pin down. There are intricacies of all Arcana we only begin to understand by developing them, and the Paths we walk offer unique insight onto a few."

The Arrow adds her number and returns the phone. "It is the Arrow's duty," she replies with a small smile.

"I have studied mythology of several cultures, but not much of more modern mythos. There are connections in part that I have studied peripherally. my understanding is that it is much more of the darkness and the madness, is that right?" Dark eyes glanced to the book. "I do. The connections between what Sleepers consider myth and fiction but we know to be true are many and varied. Possibly Lovecraft saw into the Abyss itself. Perhaps it was some manner of judgment for his prejudices in life. We may never know." She wasn't the best at reading people, but Mobius seemed to be very nervous. "Is everything alright? you seem to be on edge. The Circle is a very safe place." Phoenyx tried to offer a reassuring smile.

No worries

12. Likes liked this post
    Mobius
    Presence
    (Unassuming)
    Status
    (Mysterium)
    Emotional Detachment
    Library
    (Classical Mysticism)
    Mobius
    Nimbus

PRE

What places were truly safe, she couldn't help but wonder despite the Arrow's assurances. Either way, it wasn't any existential threat making Mobius nervous this time, just the impressive competence and talent of the other mage with her. "I'm fine! No worries." she replies, momentarily even more cognizant of her lack of social graces.

As she takes her phone back, she catches a glimpse of the time. "Thanks, I'm sure I'll put you to work soon enough." she said with a smile, somewhat proud of herself for even having the nerve to ask in the first place.

"Sorry, but I have to run. Errands. You know how it is." she chuckled. "Meet up again soon?" she couldn't deny that the arrow made for comfortably awkward conversation.

We're running out of time on this one. I dropped the ball, so lets get it closed out and free you up a scene spot lol

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

PRE

Phoenyx smiles a little wider. "I have no issue with that. I like being involved."

Another nod. "I understand. If you need me you know where I am." She watched the Acanthus scurry away, curious of her nature. She was surprisingly easy to talk to, as if her nervousness removed the pressure of whatever social rules the Obrimos couldn't quite follow.

No worries! Real life takes over all the time. It was fun even though it was short

15. Likes liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread