(Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

All right, now they were starting to move again. This was good, just what the doctor ordered after losing a fourth of the initial team. Crystal couldn't help but cough and pout his mouth at the mention of the Talon's shadow name. Fuck, maybe one day he wouldn't be as paranoid anymore but wouldn't it be funny if the first Cabal founded here since who knew how long was the reason they had to deal with Banishers or some witch-hunting nut? "Sounds like a good idea. We could also hold our ears to the ground - maybe somebody else could help as well. I guess we're not exactly in a hurry, but we should have a general idea of what our turf is when someone asks."

He felt like having another drink, but emptying those small bottles felt more sad than anything else. Maybe he'd go out later. "So that's that - find someone who's into novelty real estate, find a community centre or public works in a neighbourhood that isn't completely sketchy and by some insane amount of luck offers what we're looking for, then put down our flag. I guess the unanimous decision making is still on the table?" It had been Kaze's idea mostly, so maybe they needed to talk about it again. "But as you've already said," nodding towards Eulogy "it makes voting on things easier. Is there anything else you feel should be addressed?"
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

He nodded but pointed and shook his finger at Crystal's last point, the alcohol sloshing around in its tiny container. Guru having to lick off a few drops before he could speak. "Right, but we just need a neighborhood for that. We don't need a headquarters for that we just need a location. So let's find a hood that vibes with us yea? Easiest place to start, right? We start there, then we scout out that prime real estate yea? This isn't going to take shape over night now, just one step then another. just like you said."

He gave a small shrug and then finished the bottle giving a hard exhale as the fire filled his stomach and he could start feeling the alcohol in his system, warmth spreading up through his body. He didn't reach for another quite yet. Though as Crystal spoke on what kind of neighborhood it'd be he just nodded, keeping quiet and still for a change. Especially as the reminder of voting being easier made it sting all the worse a small frown on his lips as he broke and went for another bottle. "Should probably just pick out our turf while we're here, anyone have any particular one in mind? I always prefer more remote locations so I'm gonna be less helpful here."

3. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Presence
    (Gentlemanly)
    Status
    (Academic)
    Contact
    (City Hall)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Eulogy Main

Nimbus:
    The sound of chattering teeth accompanies a scent of chemical sanitizer and fresh earth when Eulogy makes his will manifest.

During Vulgar will working the sound of teeth becomes a overpowering rattle of bone on bone. The scent turns putrid as that of decaying flesh, The clean scent of sanitizer becomes a fetid miasma of gaseous stench.
    Active Spells

Spell Tolerance: 0/2
    Active Spells: 0/5
    None
    Inventory

Dedicated Magical Tool
    A Bone Wand that measures thirteen inches in length from tip to tip. The bone is of an unknown origin and is intricately carved with runes and symbols. The wand allows an easier connection when working Death arcana

On Eulogy

Cell Phone
    Flashlight
    Pepper Spray

Has access to

Make-Up Kit
    First Aid Kit
    Hidden

PRE

Eulogy listened to the other two make valid points. As each of them spoke he started to consider the possibilities. After a few minutes of quiet contemplation he added his two cents. "Well I have been around the city a few times during my adventure to secure the green but I am not an expert on the city by any means. What I do know is William Land park has a rather large homeless population. If our goal is to reach out to groups of people they are definitely one of the more marginalized groups. We could start a little scouting around there. Fairytale town is pretty cool, I mean for kids, and there is a golf course in the area for Guru ." He smiled at the Thyrsus before continuing "I mean, you like sports ball and stuff. Golf is a sport right?" he trailed off.
    • Member of the Caretakers.

5. Likes , Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Crystal gave Guru a thumbs up, but left an idle thought unspoken: there was a fine line between taking things slowly and not doing anything. But maybe that was just him trying to over-correct Kaze's departure by being super busy in Cabal business. He should trust the process. "Ugh yeah, okay maybe headquarters don't have to be top of our list of priorities."

Luckily Eulogy came in hot with a good idea. "That sounds like a great place to start. I like that idea. Plus, that doesn't sound like a hugely contested area to begin with." Contested by whom? He couldn't say, but it was the general thought that counted. Crystal leaned back, seemingly more relaxed now that the discussion went into concrete directions. "I will check it out some day soon. By the way: how is your business going?" Because even though there were those lose monthly meeting it felt like ages since last they've caught up. At least Guru was in the Mysterium, so there were some possibilities to catch up.

7. Likes liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

"There we go, that's a place to start." Guru said with a laugh giving an enthusiastic thumbs up to the suggestion. Feeling with burden lift off himself a bit, body coming unwound as he hadn't had the foggiest idea where to even begin. "Between the three of us I'd say we have the capital at least for some serious urban development. I've not got the connections I once had but I can still keep an ear to the ground." A stiff nod upwards trying to emphasize the point. "Appreciate the thought but Golf's not really my sport, Tennis maybe, Golf's too passive for me. I need something with a bit more movement in it to have some fun."

"Yea how is that!? Did everything go smoothly, knew you said you had a lot tied up in it." Guru said maybe too loudly for the space they were occupying. He winced and gave a deep, wide frown of embarrassment as he let out a much softer. "Sorry." The cadence was off, the alcohol beginning to slow down his response time.

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Sounds like a plan, then." Maybe it was the liquid courage so charitably offered by the mini bar, but Crystal actually gained a second wind from that meeting. "Sorry to be a party pooper, but I'm afraid I'll have to bounce now. Got places to see, people to meet." Plus, the prospect of getting too lose-lipped because of the alcohol scared him somewhat. Luckily this whole affair had been dealt with quicker than anticipated - things were looking up for the Caretakers!

I think we might need to wrap this one. Thanks for the cool, short scene!

Presence
    (Gentlemanly)
    Status
    (Academic)
    Contact
    (City Hall)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Eulogy Main

Nimbus:
    The sound of chattering teeth accompanies a scent of chemical sanitizer and fresh earth when Eulogy makes his will manifest.

During Vulgar will working the sound of teeth becomes a overpowering rattle of bone on bone. The scent turns putrid as that of decaying flesh, The clean scent of sanitizer becomes a fetid miasma of gaseous stench.
    Active Spells

Spell Tolerance: 0/2
    Active Spells: 0/5
    None
    Inventory

Dedicated Magical Tool
    A Bone Wand that measures thirteen inches in length from tip to tip. The bone is of an unknown origin and is intricately carved with runes and symbols. The wand allows an easier connection when working Death arcana

On Eulogy

Cell Phone
    Flashlight
    Pepper Spray

Has access to

Make-Up Kit
    First Aid Kit
    Hidden

PRE

Mordechai acknowledged the other two with a smile. "Oh the Green is going great. I have it almost presentable. You two should both pop by whenever you like. I will be happy to give you a grand tour. I am currently looking into the history of the place. I haven’t really deep dived but what I found is kind of interesting. Nothing for pur lot mind just normal people interesting. If you catch my meaning."

As Crystal moved to go Eulogy stood as well. "Yes I suppose I should get a move on as well. At least we have a direction so that is good. Thank you both for coming."
    • Member of the Caretakers.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread