Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

There was a look of mock thoughtfulness, “Hmmm, those can be hard to find these days, so I seriously hope that’s not what they eat!” laughing. “Now see, that would make them more convenient to have around.” Just stick em near a window.

Smiling, “I wouldn’t offer if I wasn’t sure.” The Shaman wasn’t bashful about turning things down. Folding her legs under herself, “Well, technically, most of the language has been lost over time. Consider it imperfectly remembered. You can study it, but you cannot fluently speak it.” She says, “It is unable to be heard or read by Sleepers. So maybe, in a weird way, it’s like Hulk speech?” sounding unsure, “Sleepers will only hear and see gibberish, they simply cannot comprehend it. For us, it gives us the connection we need.” Then a smirk, “I mean, if you want to Hulk Smash, I can increase your strength.” That wasn’t difficult.

2. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    Mana: 9/9
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

Belle clearly likes the idea of Hulk Smashing; there's an unusually enthusiastic glint in her eyes. "Girl, I'll take you up on that anytime. Especially once I get more confident in my punches with Phoenyx." ​She likes that she's getting a chance to round out her physical skills with her new Consilium family. "I guess it is a bit of a stretch, but I've always thought of Atlantean as like Latin; the blueprints for a full language should be there, they're just lost to time. Also, it sounds hella cool for spell casting." Even if the muggles couldn't appreciate it.

"So how do you focus on your language studies? I've always used stories as a starting point. Simple things like fairy tales or even newspaper articles. Gives a nice chance to put the basics into practice." Every Mage learned things differently, and each Mage could in turn learn something from the other. Maybe Aurora's style would compliment Belle's, or vice versa. "Now, obviously you can't find 'The Three Little Pigs' in High Speech..." Yet. Note to self: find a way to turn fairy tales into verbal components. "...but for French or Spanish there's lots of translation material readily available."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Laughing, “I’m not sure you want to throw that type of punch at her, but, you know what? You do you and I’ll try and piece her back together.” She jokes. “At one point, it was full language. But with the Fall, we lost most of the language. Only holding on to what helps us cast spells and connect with our Arcana.” Laughing, “I suppose it does sound cool for spell casting, I don’t use it as often as others do, but I can still help you learn it.” Maybe she should use it more.

“How do I focus?” huh, that was a good question. “When I’m training in the mornings, I have the languages on a disk and I listen to it. So each morning I have about three hours of language. It’s helped me get a better understanding of how it sounds and how to repeat it. But then I just lay on the couch with a book and try to read it. I’ve been able to get through a few books that way, and I make notes for myself on what words I’m struggling with.” A shrug, “I need a more practical way to hear the language, I was never one for nursery rhymes, but I could see how it could help someone learn.”

5. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

OCC
    PRE

Belle throws up her hands in defenses. "Oh no! No Hulk punches for her. I'd want to go for her mental defenses first." First rule of magic fights: no shame in cheap shots. "I'd appreciate the help with High Speech, of course. Anything to make spell casting easier and keep that Abyss at bay."

Aurora mentions her study habits, and Belle takes it in. She nods and takes a contemplative sip. "I like it. Saturation and multiple mediums. The one thing you're missing is a conversation partner...which I can gladly provide, once I get to a suitable skill level. Might as well learn from each other." She gives a friendly shrug.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

An understanding nod, “Ah. Well, those are easy enough to pick off and shut down.” Maybe only easy because she was a Master of Life. “Sure! We can get right to work on that if you want. And it’s always good to keep the Abyss at bay, it has a nasty bite to it.” Nasty.

“That’d be great! Having a conversation partner! Let’s do it!” sounding eager. “It’ll be fun to have someone to challenge me and what I’ve learned.” She’d be down for that. “What did we want to start with? A language we both want to learn? Or something we already know?”

Aurora will teach Belle High Speech though

8. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health

Combat Stats

OCC
    PRE

"Hey, I'd love to start with some French. A little 'love language' wouldn't hurt."

Apologies for the delay on posting, I'm ready to wrap up when you are.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“Seems like a good place to start!” agreeing to the French. “So how much do you know, if any?” she asks, eager to get started and help Belle learn.

And with that, the two would begin the process of learning a new language. There would be laughs as they went, especially when one pronounced something wrong.

Thanks for the scene! Was a ton of fun!

11. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread