Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The apartment is more of an open floor loft, walls bare red brick and floor a darker wood. It was clearly a loft that was done by hand. The living room area had oversized couches covered by a beige fabric with brightly colored pillows and a coffee table made from a door and other pieces were clearly done by hand. Soft white LED lights were strung around the room in various places. A book shelf was in the process of being refinished, a sheet under it and various cans of stain around it. Boxes of books were stacked near it, books spilling out onto the floor. One of the shelves was clearly in the process of being redone, most of the paint scraped off it.

There is a piece of art framed and displayed. It's a beautiful mess of absinth green, the fabled green fairy is flitting about furniture that is currently within Aurora's loft. Things she'd so lovingly restored.

Near the kitchen area was brewing equipment. A traditional carboy, with some beer fermenting in it, as well as a more advanced fermenter.

Her fav part of the loft? Her bed. Which was full of fabric, with a rigged canopy system, also full of flowing fabric and soft white lights mixed in with the hanging fabric. Near a window was a ballet bar with colored mats beneath it. There was also a hula-hoop with five prongs that stuck out on it, as well as a sword, plus some odd looking wired fan thing.

Aurora was fairly casual in jeans and an oversized sweater, sipping on a coffee.
    Belle BoxingUnicorn

2. Likes , Aeolus, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    Mana: 9/9
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

Belle has been looking forward to some girl time with some of the local Magi. Phoenyx had been off the radar, likely taking care of some Arrow business; so that left Aurora amongst the Mystagogues.

The Warlock is dressed for comfort in a sweater and sweatpants, accompanied by a scarf for equal parts looks and weather. She's got a bookbag with some notepads, writing utensils, and a few worn language primers that she'd been wanting to brush up on after spending so much time on the road. This meeting meant a lot to Belle, not that she'd reveal that too easily.

She knocks. "Hi! Thanks again for inviting me over, Aurora. I'm still working on setting things up at my place." Kaze's place, now mine. There was a trace of bittersweetness over that. She takes in the surroundings, seeing a lot in common with her own book-cluttered space. "I gotta say, I'm loving the open library concept. And...is that a sword?" The Shaman's legend was already growing in Belle's mind. The brewing tools are unfamiliar to her, but she hazards a guess. "I think I remembered you mentioning beer at some point. You make your own stuff?"

4. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Smiling and welcoming her in, “No problem! Been looking forward to it.” Closing the door. “Totally get that, can take some time when you move to a new place.” Needing to get everything just right. “Can I get you something to drink? I have coffee, juice, beer and uh, maybe some tea?” trying to think if she had any tea. She thinks she does. Pretty sure she does. Probably cheap stuff from the store, but it was technically tea.

“Thanks! The library is a new addition, I only recently started working on it. But I like open floor plans.” They felt more comfortable to her. Following her gaze, “Yeah, my grandfathers, passed on to me. Still use it too.” She actually just used in on Halloween.

“I do! A hobby I picked up a long time ago. It’s actually fun and exciting to try new recipes and flavors.”

6. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

OCC
    PRE

"Tea is fine, at least to start. Maybe beer for later though." Alcohol was not conducive to productivity in Belles' experience. She was a social drinker. "Nice! I've never been a crafty person myself, but I'll always appreciate a good brew."

Taking it all in, Belle wonders what kind of journey Aurora's space went through to become the ideal lady-cave it was today. The little instances that led to the beer brewer going in this corner rather than that corner; how the sword came to hang on a wall and not stay by the bed for easy access. ​Every space has a story to tell. A pity that we can't literally talk to walls. "So, I'm curious: were you always a part of the Mysterium, or did you grow into it?" Aurora seemed to be a Mage of experience amongst the Sacramento ranks; at least that the impression she got from observing her with Crystal. "And, I guess on that topic, was there anything you wanted to know about me?" ​She was genuinely interested in getting to know Aurora, and in Aurora getting to know her. There was a hunger in Belle to build connections with her new Mysterium family, now that she was newly established.

8. Likes liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“Sure.” And begins finding the things needed. Like a mug and hot water. She’s got this.

Shaking her head as she poured the water, “No, I started as a Ladder. And was one until a couple years ago.” Sipping her own drink, “I guess you could say my life took a new direction and the Ladder just didn’t feel like it fit who I was.” Shrugging, “And you?” Belle struck her as someone who had been in the Mysterium a while.

“I was just hoping to get to know you better. People come and go so often here, that it’s nice to be able to form connections with those who stick around.” She’d seen a lot of Awakened come and go. Friends, foes, all moved on. “And I like to know if I can trust you and how we’ll work together.” Blunt. That was her.

“Just a quick note, but I’m pretty much an open book and am open to any questions.” She had few secrets. But those she had, she protected fiercely.

Picking up the tea, she offers it to Belle with a smile, “Here you go. Want to sit?” gesturing to the couch.

10. Likes Aeolus, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health

Combat Stats

OCC
    PRE

Ladder? That's actually kind of a surprise. "Really? I've known a few Ladders and most of them seemed a bit...how to put this politely...fanatical." All that stuff about 'uplifting humanity' and 'Mages are destined to rule' seemed a little too close to what Belle though Magi were supposed to avoid. But, she's known good and bad apples in various bunches. "I guess you could say I was born into the Mysterium. My step-siblings were a big part of my Awakening process, and they and my dad were pretty staunchly Mystagogue through-and-through. Though my step-siblings were more into the treasure seeking aspect." There was still that bright smile on the Warlock's face, but internally there was a slight bittersweet taste to those memories. And she wasn't sure she wanted to risk endangering a new friendship by snapping because of her own insecurities.

Aurora states her objectives, admittedly less tactical than most; and most might've been offended. But Belle wasn't 'most'; this was part of the reason why she gravitated towards Magi like Crystal, Aurora, and Phoenyx: they were brutally honest, but not to the point of seeking to cause harm. She could trust them to call out anyone's BS, including hers.
    "I can respect that. And I'm definitely interested in the same thing. I'd like to build something permanent here." That last statement was maybe a little more raw than she intended.

The tea provides a much-needed distraction and Belle gladly takes the cup and holds it in both hands, the warmth seeping through to her skin and soothing her Path's flaws. Being a Warlock took a bit of a toll on interpersonal skills as much as it enhanced them. "Thanks". She takes a seat on the couch, blowing a bit on the tea to cool it for her lips. "Hey, I'll take whatever I can." That was more of a personal flaw: her competitive nature. It's what got her gutted by Phoenyx in their first training exercise. Hopefully Aurora couldn't spit swords. Oh, who am I kidding. That's probably the least she could do if she got pissed.

"So, on getting to know me; I'm working on my people skills. I guess with being brought up in a Mage family I got so wrapped up in the research and the field work that I had to work to relate to others. Like Sleepers and shit. Even other Magi seem like they're so used to interacting a certain way. That 'Ivory Tower' attitude?"
    She taps the side of her head, as if to indicate brain smarts. "That's why I like it here: people seem pretty laid back and are more focused on being a community with a bunch of different parts."

12. Likes Aeolus, liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Laughing, “Some Ladders can be quite fanatical. I assure you, I was not one of them.” She had been passionate about it, sure. But not fanatical. “That’s kinda neat. I haven’t met many who were born into such a world. Is that what helped drive your desire for knowledge? I only ask because you sound quite passionate about the Mysterium and learning as much as you can.” Not a bad thing.

An absent nod, “I hope you are able to. Those who reside here tend to either be long term, or short term. Or like me, somewhere in the middle with small breaks here and there.” A small smirk. Something kept bringing her back. “I hope you’re able to.” And she meant that.

“That seems to a be a common thing for us, learning people skills. I suppose I got lucky in that I grew up honing those skills every day. But for what it’s worth, you seem to have a good grasp on it. If I can help with that, let me know.”
    Though she wasn’t as social as she used to be, having been retreating inwards. "I've actually been working on getting Phoenyx out and being social more often. Letting her hair down so to speak." Smiling, “Yeah, everyone is pretty laid back here. With our small numbers, we kind of have a family mentality and look out for each other.”

14. Likes Aeolus, BoxingUnicorn, Xadun liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health

Combat Stats

OCC
    PRE

"I guess you could say that." Belle nods in answer to Aurora. "The folks I grew up around in the Mysterium were firm believers in the adage 'knowledge is power'. Now for me and those I worked closest with, that meant the power to protect. Every artifact I studied, every Arcanum I delved into, every history book or language class I poured myself into; all of it equips me to handle the dangers of the magical world. I've got plenty of ways to improve still, and I honestly don't think we CAN run out of surprises, but I think I've come a long way."

Aurora's genuine support warms Belle's spirit, and she smiles in the midst of a short sip of tea. "Thanks."

"Phoenyx mentioned that you and her had been spending social time together. I'd love it if the three of us could hang out sometime. She's awesome; scary, but awesome." The praise draws a nervous chuckle from the Warlock as she remembers how quickly Phoenyx had turned on her warrior prowess in their sparring match. "I like that; you guys all looking out for each other. I mean, Kaze up and invited me into his home out of the blue..." There's a brief panic in the Warlock's face. "As a roommate! I mean platonically." Does Aurora know about Jenn? She has to...right?

A thought crosses the Warlock's mind, and she realizes that she's probably in the safest place to explore it.
    "Actually, I'm kind of surprised so many of you seem single. I get that Corn's married, and by God it's adorable, but have any of the other guys taken a pass at you? I mean, all things said, you're all kind of gorgeous." It was one of the first things she'd noticed when she'd first arrived: everybody was like heckin' supermodels.

16. Likes , Aeolus liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A nod, “Well, knowledge is power.” A wink added. “But I have to agree, there are always ways to improve. A mage that thinks they know it all is a danger in my opinion. I know I’m always looking into different arcana to improve on what I already know. Looking for ways to improve and help protect those around me.”

Laughing with another nod, “I’ve always been of the mindset that you can’t neglect a social life. Being all about work is a hindrance, and leads to burn out.” Another chuckle, “She can be scary. But sure! We can all hangout, it’ll be fun! I tend to frequent a local pool hall cause I can secure a private table. There have been some fun games there. But I’m sure we could hit a club or something too.” A club would be good for Phoenyx. Then a raised eyebrow before she smirked, “Kaze is a great guy, and I figured you meant as a roommate. He talked with me a bit about what he wants. I’m also supposed to Mentor him, so I should see if he still wants to do that.” Her brain had been all over the place lately.

Blue eyes widen in surprise, she was not expecting Belle to go there.

“Taken a pass at me?” a shake of her head, a nervous laugh, “Not really. At least, not that I’ve noticed.” Oh that was a lie. But she didn’t know what her and Guru were, if anything. “But thank you!” taking a quick sip of her coffee, “I’m not really good at the whole relationship thing. What about you? Have your eyes on someone?” whats good for one is good for another.

18. Likes Aeolus, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health

Combat Stats

OCC
    PRE

"Nice. What Arcanum were you interested in? I'm looking to brush up on Mind and Prime, and I'd like to dip into Life or Matter to boost my magical defenses. Though I've always struggled with Matter; Space has always been second-nature for me though." One of the great Supernal balancing acts: some Arcanum came easier to some Magi, while others had to sweat blood to grasp simpler concepts of another.

"I know, right? 'All work and no play' really can do a number on you if you're not careful."
    Belle's glad that Aurora gets the Warlock's struggle: Magi couldn't ignore the limitations of the mind or the need for community, even though Magic made that all the more tempting.

Glad that her outburst hadn't derailed her too much, Belle nevertheless found the look of surprise on Aurora's face interesting, and kind of funny. It means she's not all caught up on her looks. Good for her. Then it's Belle's turn to look surprised at Aurora's follow-up question. "Oh gosh...I mean, Crystal's really nice but in like a big brother kind of way; I'd say he's more pretty than hot. And Guru seems like a big, warm teddy bear. Winter and Puck are just kind of there, even if Puck is kind of that boy band kind of attractive; you know, pretty face but not much commitment?" There's a bit of dark exhilaration in the Warlock now, like they're discussing forbidden lore. "Now don't get me wrong; I'm not looking for anything quick and easy right now. But it's kind of hard not to notice." There's just a bit of an attempt to salvage some wounded pride for the Warlock. Being fairly plain herself, beauty had always been something for her to fight against rather than compliment.

All of a sudden there's a wrinkle in Belle's expression, and she looks a bit apprehensive.
    "Actually, there's something I'd been thinking about that maybe you can help me with. Phoenyx and I, we sparred a while back and she had to patch me up." ​She taps her side a bit, to indicate where Belle's overconfidence had earned her a stinging reminder of Arrow superiority in armed combat. "I had to take my shirt off, and I think she was blushing from something I said." For some reason she has trouble meeting eye contact with the Shaman, as if afraid she was treading on something precious between Aurora and Phoenyx. "I know Phoenyx is kind of limited in her expression, what with being a warrior first and foremost. But I'm wondering if maybe I'd given her some kind of mixed signal? I don't want her to think I was trying to force anything." Deep down, Belle hated taking advantage of people. It was one of her initial hangups over studying Mind magic.

20. Likes , Aeolus liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread