Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

HP: 0/7 [7 Bash]
    WP: 0/2
    Vitae: 2/6

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

Def: 3 (Dex; Tonfa +1)
    Armor: 1/0 (Reinforced Clothing)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

PRE

"I agree. That's something you can find anywhere during the Christmas season that always breathe new life into a place." He thinks of the Christmases he'd spent as a human. The lights curling around lampposts, and windows, and street signs. "I remember Christmas lights making me feel safer out in the cold. Everything was so bright that you could find your way around without any worry."

Conner nods gratefully to Sofia, happy to know she seemed genuinely interested not only in his Domain efforts but also in his tastes in music. "I'll do that. Thank you, Sofia." His words were soft and understated, befitting the ambience of the place. But internally Conner was charged with hope made electric in his veins. Was this what it felt like to relate to monsters as people? To look beyond the predator's obsessive fears and see the soul beneath? Or is it like the reflection you so desperately crave. To make you think you can be human again? In any way?

She mentions home, and Conner can't help but wonder what home must be like for her. What far-off or deceptively near place and time she would've come from before being pulled into the world of Kindred and blood and fangs. He doesn't respond right away, instead drifting back to listening to the piano music. After a second or so, Conner returns to his conversation partner. "What's your preferred escape, Sofia? Is it the quiet? The music? Or just being out by yourself?" Again, no real malice or fear in the question; just curiosity.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

There was a hint of a smirk as he described the lights. “There is also something tied to the way the colors make us feel. The bright reds and greens tend to promote positive emotions as well as reminding us of happy times.” See, she was a dumb Savage.

Him thanking her was odd. Well, to her it was. What was he thanking her for? Did she miss something?

A sip was taken as she thought about the question. “It’s a few things, and depends on my mood. Most times it’s reading, playing piano or working on my lepidoptery hobby. If I need to get out, it’s a range or a club such as this.” She had a few interests. And was adding more. “If I feel like being alone, I have some bars I frequent where the usual clientele understands.” And some of the bartenders were used to seeing her now.

“How about you?” she asks, leaning back.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

3. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

PRE

Conner ponders over his drink at Sofia's mention of colors. "I suppose I hadn't thought of that. But it does make sense, given how Christmas is as much a time of celebrating the past as well as the present." He leaves it at that though; if she was curious about Christmas in a religious sense, he figures she'll ask on her own time.

There's a brief moment of panicked confusion at the word 'lepidoptery' but thankfully Conner's Lancea studies had included just a hint of languages. Butterflies? How quaint; bet she gives names to those butterflies as she pins them up on their boards. Then she asks about his escape, and the predator squirms. But Conner understands that escape doesn't necessarily mean weakness. "Before it was just reading or prayer; it's taken me a while to...put myself out there, so to speak. Growing up..." Meaning his early Embrace "...was more about isolating away from the noisy, confusing, dark outside. But here I've been trying to build a network of people I can escape to, in a way. People I can trust." The odd irony of Shadows, at least to Conner, was how social they were as secret-seekers. Perhaps it was the inner gossip in all Mekhet; after all, what fun is a secret if you can't share it. "Kind of like you said, there's a mood involved." And there were reasons for his moods, but that was for another time. A time when he could be more sure his openness wouldn't get his head bitten off. Or so the predator cautions.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

“Is what you read inline with your studies? Or are there other subjects you enjoy?” was he all work? Then a sage nod, “I can understand that, taking a while to put yourself out there. Have you found it easier since moving here?” there were many social Kindred in the Domain. “Having that network is important, people you can actually trust. It can be such a difficult thing to find these days. But oh, so valuable.” She could count that on one hand. “Have you found it easy to find those you can trust?”

6. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

Combat Stats

PRE

"Most of my reading has been study-related, though I've been picking up some classic fiction. Asimov and Herbert in particular." Technically those were somewhat study-related, but that was more to train his mind to look at problems from unique angles. ​"It's interesting looking at how the science fiction has changed as time has gone on."

Now he wonders if Sofia, this Prince incognito, is just playing some cruel joke on him. She'd seen his entrance into Kindred society; been painfully branded into the harsh wake-up call that had been his first and worst blunders. But Conner swallows his injured pride and fear as he ponders his next answer. "Yes..." He starts after musing over his glass for a few seconds; a tell-tale sign that the was pondering his words carefully. "Here more than ever it feels like there's a freedom to explore. To see people, and yourself, in a different light. That's helped a lot." He takes a sip, giving just enough time to catch glimpses of offense or interest. Trust came a little easier, oddly enough. "Easy? Well, as easy as falling. I can't say I've found a lot of people I'd say I 'trust', but I've tried to leave room to be surprised." He wonders if Quinn's told her about their family connection. "I've found some family in town who believe in me and want to see me succeed, and I want the same for them. It's been rocky, but they have my back. And I theirs." The predator wants to show his fangs, to dare this primal thing sitting across the room to test his devotion to his Clan. But he simply meets her gaze for a bold second with the eyes of a man who means what he says. "Beyond that, I'd say it's a work in progress. I believe that perception has great power: treat a man like your enemy and he will become one in time. Perhaps the same could be said for a friend."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

For some reason she wasn’t surprised most of his reading had been study related. He seemed as much about work as she was.

“Science fiction? Can’t say I’ve really dived into that topic. Is it something you would recommend?” despite who she was, and what people thought, she enjoyed a good book. “I’ve recently finished Dante’s Inferno again, I always seem to discover something I missed.” But she was willing to try a different topic for reading.

If she was bothered, he was picking his words carefully, it didn’t show. This was something she had become used to when talking with other Kindred. Words measured, carefully chosen. A nod as she sips her drink again, “That’s an interesting way to put it. To see people and yourself in a different light. Did you not like what you were seeing before?” the Savage seemed genuinely curious. “It’s always nice to know one can trust and depend on family. But all good families have rocky patches here and there. I believe it helps bring them closer.” Seeing the worst of someone, but still trying to make things work was an art.

When he met her gaze, her own didn’t waiver. This came from a confidence in who she was and what she could do. But she thinks on what he says for a moment, “But there is something to be said for keeping those around you at arm’s length until they prove worthy of being a friend.” Spoken as someone who knew.

9. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

Combat Stats

PRE

The irony of a Gangrel asking for literary recommendations isn't lost on Conner, but he doesn't milk it as much as he could have. After all, this Gangrel was also the Prince. "I'd say so, yes. There's enough variety in the genre that you can get pretty much any experience you want. I try to aim for the more plot-heavy sci-fi stories over crazy worlds though. My current read is Asimov's 'Foundation' series. It's an interesting study of humanity over time." That and it tackled the possibility of superhumans manipulating the greater population. A not-too-fantastical scenario in the world they lived in. "I've only read 'Dante's Inferno' once, but I'd agree it's well earned its place in the classics."

Sofia's curious probing was inciting both Conner's human curiosity and his monstrous indignation.
    Who does she think she is? All these questions and comments as if she's actually interested. As if she actually cares about another living being. But maybe she does. And maybe that's what puts my foot in the door.There's a bit of sadness in his eyes for just a moment as he reflects. "No, I don't think I did. I'm still not sure I do. There's a rawness to me that I'm still trying to work out; having to come to terms with living with certain aspects of me." It's vague enough to leave the subject open, but Conner hopes it doesn't come to baring his soul.

The bold second ends, and Conner's eyes return to his drink. "Yes. That's another thing I'm working on. My...I've let people down before; people for whom I cared dearly. And there's always that nagging fear that any connection I build breeds disappointment." He takes another sip, a bit deeper than the last few. "But, then again, perhaps that's what makes those friendships you find that much more precious." What are you doing? Why are you being so open? You're not drunk. But maybe Conner wanted to be; to add a layer to the escape of the dimly-lit jazz club.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

A nod as she considered his words, “I’ll have to give it a try. And a study of humanity over time sounds like it would make for quite an interesting read.” Who knows, maybe she’ll like it. But this was all part of her shift to being more social. “I find myself rereading books that I know and that are familiar, instead of branching out. But, seems like I just might be.” She knew how Dante’s Inferno ended. There was comfort in that.

Part of trying to learn to be more social was asking the questions. Showing an interest where one might not expect it. She truly was trying, and it wasn’t as easy as some of the others make it appear.

“Hmmm,” she replies, thinking for a moment on his choice of words, “I wish you luck with that journey, for some it can take years.” Even centuries. “But I think it’s a worthy trip, hard, but worth it.” Who they were took time to adapt to. He struck her as young, still finding his footing in the Danse.

“But does that fear prevent you from trying for that connection?” she asks, “You know, everyone stumbles and makes mistakes as they learn and grow. Even someone my age has stumbled a few times.” Shrugging, “But in the end, there is always an ally and a strength from trying.” Taking another sip.

“Now, that got deep!” she exclaims with a smirk, “Should find something more lighthearted to talk about. After all, it is a night out.” No work. Meaning she didn’t want to focus too much.

12. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

Combat Stats

PRE

It occurs to Conner that he doesn't know how old Sofia is. Depending on how many years she'd existed under the Embrace, her words could have far more weight than normal. It gets him thinking. "You know, in eschatology...that is the theology of the End Times...there's the idea of 'now and not yet': the idea that there is the freedom of life in Christ as a mortal and then the ultimate freedom of Heaven. I think I'm definitely feelin the 'now' and longing for the 'not yet'."

The Savage probes, and the Shadow ponders. "Less than it used to. It used to be paralyzing..." As he's sure she knows. "...But there's progress being made. I'm finding plenty of room to be surprised." And how many of those surprises will be pleasant, I wonder?

Sofia's expression seems to shake Conner out of his thoughts, and he allows a muted smile in return. The buzz of fear and anger from the monster was beginning to numb.
    Drunk on socializing? I wonder if that's a thing? "You're right. There's plenty of time in the night to worry about the heavy matters." He indulges a bit more in his drink. "So what did you order to drink?" The amber-colored liquid in her glass was unfamiliar to him at first glance.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Was this turning into a religious discussion? She hoped not, this would not be pleasant. “I can say I’ve never heard of that.” Not surprising. “And can’t say I completely follow.” Never one to sugar coat things.

An understanding nod of her head, “All we can hope for is progress in such matters. But being surprised is a hard thing to accomplish these evenings.” So many Kindred had jaded her.

Holding her glass up, “Barrel-aged gin. If you’ve never had it, I highly recommend it.” She begins, “It has the botanical flavors of gin, but also has whiskey like notes of wood and vanilla.” She enjoyed it. “And yourself? I’ve heard you can tell a lot about someone by what they drink.”

15. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread