Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(Dropping Bodies) Catching the Team Up

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn utilized one of the larger spaces in the offices area of the Nox that Priscii were privy to obtain for meeting purposes.
    It had a large white board, overhead projector, and Quinn was already set up with a lap top, working on updating notes. Beside her was a stack of stapled packets with information that have been gleaned so far by the teams, pending an update on the jackal creature from Jennifer and Dirt Nap.

Quinn was dressed in a mock turtleneck sweater, and a pair of bronze pants that clung to her form, with matching bronze high heels. She wore a white gold Claddagh ring with the heart facing towards her and three sapphires in the cage of that heart, on the ring finger of her right hand. She awaited those who were called to arrive.
    Seryna Endymion , Milton
    @J.C Smith, Scourge Mable Wood , Psychangel

2. Likes Endymion liked this post

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable showed up for the meeting wearing a gray sweater with fur trim and black skirts and black thigh high boots.

She found Quinn in the meeting space. "Good evening, Priscus. How are you doing?"

4. Likes Endymion, pisces liked this post

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

It never really gets cold in Sacramento. Not the kind of cold Milton is used to. Even now, back in Boston, the nights have turned bitter enough to leave a withering coat of frost on grass and car windshield. Perhaps it's snowed.

In Sacramento, the deepest hours of the night this time of year might see the temperature dip just south of 50 degrees, with the coldest moments coming just before dawn (a time when Milton has already retreated before the hastening day).

Not that any of this matters. Not that Milton understands cold save as an over-intellectualized memory. A remembrance ossifying into mere knowledge.

The weather's only real impact is permitting Milton the addition of a black overcoat to his typical ensemble. It is as bland as the grey suit he wears beneath it. White shirt, black tie, and purple pocket square: all completely unadventurous, all appropriate for a 'man' of his station and occupation. And all, obviously, expensive.

The black leather gloves are perhaps a touch dramatic for this pale creature. Even Milton has his flourishes.

He enters just after Mable, a black laptop bag swinging from his left hand.

"Priscus Durant, Ms. Wood, good evening," he seems to be in high spirits, at least for him. He even flashes an almost-genuine smile. Mable's Beast cows his own monster, sends flight signals shivering up his spine. He fights to keep his smile from becoming a grimace.

"I trust you are well?" he asks, advancing into the room. He moves directly to the table, extracts his lap top from his bag, and finds a seat near Quinn. Just as important, this positions him near the stack of papers. Information. Milton flicks them a glance, but doesn't take one yet. Instead he logs into his computer and looks expectantly at the two women.
    Health: Vitae: WP: BP: 1

Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer arrived, wearing a business suit and black flats. A silk scarf was expertly tied. A single blue convolvulus bloom was pinned to her lapel, held by a pin. This pin was a spider pin composed of precious gems of emerald and topaz. Jennifer carried a locked briefcase, within a new leather notebook and a few pages of coded notes from her research journals.
    Liam followed Jennifer in, taking a position to watch the door.

" Good evening, Priscus Durant." A nod to her ally, fitting her station. "Good evening, Mr. Northbridge. Heiroohant Wood. I trust that we've all been well?

I expect that I am the last investigator arriving, as Dirt Nap has been called to another City."

Jennifer glanced at those present, dark eyes noticed the ring on Quinn's hand. Jennifer took a seat across from Milton, setting her case down before sitting. Prepared and ready to begin.

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I am well, thank you for asking." Mable said to Milton. "I am happy to see you here tonight. I hope you have been well also?" Her voice was sincere.

Jennifer joined them and Mable gave a head bow of respect. "Good evening, Priscus. I am well thank you, and you?"

Mable took a seat and took out her notebook.

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn smiled to Ms. Wood. "I am doing well thank you. Please have a seat. We'll get started in just a second."

Quinn nodded to Milton and watched him get settled. "The usual for me really. Fair to midland."

A deeper nod of respect was given to Priscus Hazelton, as befitting her place as not only a Notary, but a valued member of the domain and an ally.

On hearing Dirt Nap had left the city, Quinn nodded pursing her lips slightly. She would need another fighter on the team. Already her mind going over the short list, since Edward too had left the city.

"Edward too, has left the city.." Quinn said softly to Milton and Mable, as Jennifer already was aware of his departure.

"Alright...now that we are all here. I have updated packets with information derived from J.C, Mable, and I going over what we got from the capture of Angela and the cat like creature. Also what my cousin Ms. Perez and her coterie have found observing and following the suspects around. Feel free to take one to catch up. I would like to yield the floor first to Priscus Hazelton so she may illuminate us with her research into the creature that is feeding from our victims."

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

"I have been very well, Ms. Wood. And the pleasure is all mine," even if his Beast would disagree.

His attention turns to Quinn: "To be fair is to be prepared, Priscus Durant. The middle is always the place of greatest mobility." He provides this nugget of wisdom with an enigmatic smile.

"Good evening, Priscus Hazelton," Milton says to the Haunt by way of reply, offering her a nod of respect.

Talk turns to departures. Dirt Nap's does not affect Milton either way. The Savage had not factored into the Lord's thinking.

But Edward? Now that is welcome news. How nice to be rid of that snake, if only by circumstance... As much as he would like to grin, Milton does not permit himself to do so. There will be time to celebrate later.

He accepts his copy of the information with a gracious smile and immediately begins to thumb through the documents. An eyebrow quirks in surprise at some of the developments since he was last involved.

For the moment, he does not speak, happy to turn his attention to Jennifer. Confident that she will provide useful information.
    Health: Vitae: WP: BP: 1

10. Likes pisces liked this post
    Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

Mable's nod was noted and the Lady reciprocated accordingly to Mable's standing in the city. The same respect was given to the Mekhet Priscus, holding time to indicate that she respected her ally. She suspected that Mr. Northbridge and possibly Heirophant Wood would make quick work of such information.
    Jennifer gave Milton a nod, a softening of her expression for someone who's company she enjoyed. "Good evening, Mr. Northbridge. It's wonderful to see you here.
    Your skills that you exhibited with the victim at the Circle of the crone farm could be quite useful. "

Mikton was conducting himself quite well- she would be sure to mention that to Seneschal Jack.

"Thank you, Priscus Durant."
    Jennifer paused for a moment for eyes to redirect.
    "I consulted my occult library with Dirt nap providing protection. I have determined that the physical characteristics of the cat suggest it to be a common American breed. The supernatural behavior and known deaths of the victim have led me to follow the path of paganism. Or more common term witchcraft.

My research turned up " familiars" quite often, which makes me believe that the creature provides such a function: assisting a master, spying for a master, perhaps submitting to a master to offer harvested items. That's conjecture from what common media suggested familiars are.
    I don't know how accurate this is, as the cat is seen in the company of a Kindred poacher. I don't think the mystical art of paganism embraces our kind after the Embrace.

I plan on purchasing more rare tomes on this avenue. I have also contacted a few kindred to ask if they know about this familiar or like creatures, and shall report any findings.
    I do wish to inspect the cat and observe it for my notes.
    Yet I am truly drawn to the idea of interrogation of the Poacher. Which I would be happy to assist with."

As Nosferatu Priscus, she imagined she might have the skills to do so in this group.

" I shall be glad to search for the master that the poacher was reporting to. The range on the headsets is not far- they had to have been in the area. Not necessarily in eyesight."

Jennifer's dark eyes tick to the packet attributed to Simone Perez. Former member of an investigation team in another city, wasn't she?
    At the Priscis' invitation, Jennifer did reach over to pick up one of the packets. She opened to the first page and respectfully held, glancing around the room to show respect for those present who might have follow up questions and additional information.

After sufficient time, she looks over the pages. She unlocks the briefcase, setting out her coded notes and bringing out a new leather journal. The nosferatu makes notes in the new journal from points of interest in the packet. She would need to transcribe this into the investigation journal that was safely hidden in the necropolis.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

12. Likes pisces liked this post

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Everyone leaves. That was just how it goes. Mable should be used to it by now. She wasn't, but now was about finding out information. She took a packet with a slight nod of thanks. And started glancing it over.

Mable listened to Jennifer as she spoke. She looked at Milton and nodded in agreement. The man had some interesting skills. And she knew Jennifer could be scary as all get out.

"I am not really good at interrogating and would gladly leave that up to others. I am a fighter but also I have been studying a great deal of occult and could help on the research end. I could also help with finding who the cat reports to." Mable had some ideas on this but she wouldn't go into details yet.

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

The packet was not just the information that Simone Perez gathered, it also added in addendum Quinn's notes on what happened between the Night Club and at the Antique's shop.

Quinn nodded to Jennifer thoughtfully. "I agree. I think the next logical step is to interrogate Angela, so we can have what we need to tighten the noose." Quinn paused and sighed slightly. "We also may wish to consider the Prince's opinion on how she would like us to engage if the perpetrators are from another Supernatural faction." She paused. "Our Kindred involved, she can do exactly as she see's fit, but she may want to exercise more caution if we are straying into another subsect of supernatural society as a whole. Or have a preference on exactly how we should proceed."

Quinn smiled at Mable and nodded. "Don't worry Ms. Wood, your reputation proceeds you. I am having Simone's Coterie look into the clients in particular. We need to know what exactly is worth killing kiss victims for, or kine that have been in some way exposed to the supernatural." She paused a beat. "I think that would be an excellent thing for you to check up on. Good thinking."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread