Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

The business offices of Funderland were not all that exciting to look at. Just regular offices with random office things, tables, chairs, etc.

But Sera had asked Roshon to meet her at the larger office, the one that held the Wyrdstone. And it currently sat on a pedestal in the center of the room. Unlocking the door, she steps in and waits.

Nervously, she chewed on her thumb. It wasn’t like Rhodes not to have this taken care of. Was he that engrossed in his studies that he let this slip? It wasn’t like him, and it had her worried. But she needed to push those thoughts out and just focus.

The Nix was rather casual today, in jeans and a fitted shirt. On one of the tables she had fresh coffee, water and soda, not sure if Roshon would want anything.
    Roshon Cayce
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

2. Likes Aeolus, liked this post

Roshon
    Striking Looks
    (Grand)
    Roshon

Mien
    Roshon's true form is far more chaotic than even most other Lost, as they can at least claim to be symmetrical. Not so for Roshon. Sure, from the tips of the miniature blackbuck horns that sprout from her head, everything looks fine, but then it comes to her ears, with one being a fuzzy red panda tuft, and the other being like that of a dhole. Her eyes are like those a big cat, and though her hair is just as it appears with her mask, the fur of a striped hyena runs in a black and white mane down her spine. A pair of fangs lie beneath her lips, and a tiger tail sprouts from the base of her spine. Her hands are scaled like the feet of a bird, and if one is lucky enough to see her with boots off, a pair of mutant crocodile feet lie beneath.

(Wyrdstone)Glamour 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Miner Chimera

Seraphina wasn't the only one who was nervous. Roshon had been aimlessly driving around town in her new ride, a badass Covette Stingray C3 retro-mod with a monster of an engine beneath its glittering, flecked purple shell. The thought of sitting still had been like murder, so she'd been roaming without a destination in mind and realized, almost too late, that she'd driven far enough that she'd have to rush in order to make her meeting with Seraphina on time. That certainly hadn't helped things.

By the time she finally made to Funderland she was a few minutes late, sweaty, and agitated. She was wearing her usual leather jacket, t-shirt, boots, and jeans, but it was still obvious for anyone who took the time to look.

"Oh, thank fuck, you're here! And it's here!" Roshon blurted out as she came into the office and saw Seraphina and the stone waiting for her.

Roshon didn't pause for any pleasantries, though. Instead, she went running for the stone, slapped a hand down on it, and fed it the glamour that required.

Then she sank down onto her knees, shoulders slumped, muttering nonsensical, soothing things while she rubbed her hands over her face until she finally calmed down. She was probably being overly dramatic, but she'd been scared. Like, really scared. Scared that, now that she'd finally decided to put down roots again, everything was going to get swept away anyways.

"I don't know if I can keep doing this," Roshon admitted, finally looking back up at Seraphina. "This thing won't fucking recognize me. I have to keep feeding it glamour again and again, and if I fuck up and miss it, then suddenly it's like I'm not even here. Like, we can all feel who's pledged to the stone and who isn't. Like, if you're not pledged, you might be the enemy, right? It's like, why isn't she pledged? What's wrong with her? Is she a plant? A spy? Is she snitching? It's like, I just want to have a home, ya know? And I know I ran away, and all that, but I came back. Why won't this stupid fucking rock accept that?"
    Roshona Dhar, Wizened: Miner/Chimera. Courtless. Striking Looks: Grand.

4. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

If Sera was upset that Roshon was late, it didn’t show on her, sipping a coffee.

The Nix wasn’t sure how to react at first. So she simply watched, listened, and debated what to say.

Grabbing a bottle of water, she kneels down beside Roshon, offering the water, her face showing concern.

She then sits on the floor, cause that was more comfortable. After a deep breath, she nods once, “It’s because you’re Courtless. Every Lost who is in the Freehold, without a Court, will have to feed the stone Glamour each Season.” Then a more solemn nod, “Yes, you are right. Without the Pledge, the stone doesn’t recognize you, and without that, the Freehold doesn’t know if they can trust you. If you are friend or foe. It’s nothing personal, but this is how the Freehold handles a Freehold Pledge.” It still sucked that they couldn’t get a Pledge to stick.

“I understand that feeling,” pausing, “wanting a home, a place to put down roots and feel accepted. And there is nothing wrong with you running away, no one is holding that against you. Hell, I’ve been there. But you came back, and that speaks volumes in my opinion.” Stretching her legs in front of herself, “Each Season, the Monarch gives it their own Glamour, and that Glamour is paid for the whole Court. It binds the whole Court to the stone, under the protection of their Monarch.” It was weird, and complicated, but it worked.

“Now, I’m not saying you have to settle into a Court. Not at all.” A shake of her head, “Because that is a personal decision, and one that should never be rushed or pushed. But,” a shrug, “that would make it so you don’t have to pay every Season.” She looks to Roshon, her eyes kind, “But no one is going to push that decision on you. And if they do, then screw them. You do what's best for you and no one else.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

6. Likes Yumyumcrow, Aeolus liked this post

Roshon
    Striking Looks
    (Grand)
    Roshon

Mien
    Roshon's true form is far more chaotic than even most other Lost, as they can at least claim to be symmetrical. Not so for Roshon. Sure, from the tips of the miniature blackbuck horns that sprout from her head, everything looks fine, but then it comes to her ears, with one being a fuzzy red panda tuft, and the other being like that of a dhole. Her eyes are like those a big cat, and though her hair is just as it appears with her mask, the fur of a striped hyena runs in a black and white mane down her spine. A pair of fangs lie beneath her lips, and a tiger tail sprouts from the base of her spine. Her hands are scaled like the feet of a bird, and if one is lucky enough to see her with boots off, a pair of mutant crocodile feet lie beneath.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Miner Chimera

It took Roshon a moment to process everything that Sera had said to her. It had been easier to believe that the Stone had had some sort of grudge against her. The thing wasn't exactly normal. Like, duh, but it wasn't just some object. The thing had a pulse, and beyond that, Roshon got the impression that it wasn't just some sort of Glamour-Enchanted-Machine running Faery 8.0 or whatever. The Stone felt like it was more than that.

Besides, then there was the whole Court thing.

"Fucking seriously? It's cause I've never bent the knee?" Roshon asked, an incredulous laugh escaping her.

"I mean, sorry," she quickly added, "I know you're helping me out here. It's just, like, I thought the whole Court thing was bullshit. Like, I never bought that it was as necessary as they all said. Sounded like propaganda to me. Like an excuse to get people to fall in line so the Kings and Queens could play at being Gentry. And I don't mean you, personally, cause obviously you break the mold, but how many Monarchs have you met that seemed like they were actually good people? Because, Sacramento excluded, I've met exactly 0, and I've been to a few dozen Freeholds now. Plus, like, doesn't it seem fucked up to you? That after everything we've been through, we still have to bow and scrape to someone? I know irony's cruel, but goddamn, that's just excessive, you know what I'm sayin'?"

Roshon was laughing again, the kind of muted, stifled laughter that was just on this side of crying. She generally didn't think of herself as that emotional, but this was almost too much. First, there was the whole being mystically outcast thing, and all the stress and anxiety that came with suddenly being an outlaw in your own town and community, and that was on top of how much it felt like getting disowned all over again, even if that obviously wasn't what had happened, but then there was the whole court thing. The realization that it wasn't bullshit. The realization that she either had to accept that she needed to join a court, that she needed to bend the knee to someone, or ride the edge of being an outcast for the rest of her goddamn life.

Yeah.

It was a lot.

Roshon hoped Sera understood.

8. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

A small chuckle came from the Nix, “Pretty much.” She wouldn’t lie to her.

Shaking her head, “It’s fine. And I get what you’re saying.” She did. “It feels wrong to say it’s a requirement, because no one is going to run you out of the Freehold. Joining a Court is a personal decision.” And not one to be pushed.

Sighing, “I’ve come across ones like you’re describing. I see them as giving the Courts and those in the position of Monarch a bad name. Sacramento has always seemed different to me. When I first arrived, everyone was welcoming. Even to those without Courts.” And it would stay the same. She would not see anyone excluded. Not on her watch.

“It does seem fucked up to me. Fucked up that some would use the power as Monarch to put those around them through similar pain and fear. I hate it.” Short and long of it. “I always saw a Monarch as someone one could trust, and who treated them as an equal. Building and pushing them to improve on themselves. Anyone who would use that position to tear another down or have a power trip is not a Monarch in my book.” Nope. “You’ve seen Courts used as a weapon. Here, in Sacramento, Courts are like a home of sorts. The Monarchs work hard to build up those within their Courts, helping them when in need and making sure they have what they need to succeed. The other Monarchs also do that, and the Courts have found a way to support each other. Which, in my opinion, is how it should be. Because we are all in this together, we all suffered and we all fought for our lives to escape. Each of us deserves a warm and safe place to call home and a place we are welcomed and embraced.” A warm smile offered.

“I’m not saying this is something you have to do. But I think you should consider it. Talk with the other Monarchs, find that place that feels…” a pause, “right…to you. Where you can let your walls down and know you have support. What do you have to lose by talking with them?” she asks with a shrug.

“But I understand where you are coming from and why you’re hesitant. For what it’s worth, I’ll still help you if you need it.” Sera was not one to refuse to help someone. Especially if they are Courtless, they needed support more than before.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

10. Likes Yumyumcrow, Aeolus liked this post

Roshon
    Striking Looks
    (Grand)
    Roshon

Mien

+1
    SL
    PRE

Miner Chimera

Like, whaaaaaat did she not get? Did feudalism not ring a bell? The whole legal and social caste system, divine right, and all that shit? No connections to be made between that, and her title, and the Gentry themselves? Like, gentry = nobility = monarchs and all that?

Like, OK.

OK.

Benefit of the doubt. Roshon obviously wasn't gunning for a PhD in the occult, so maybe it was just a coincidence?

Whatever.

"It's not like there's much of a choice," she countered after a moment."We got depressed, shut-in motherfuckers, spooky know-it-alls, party-never-stops-hedonists, and the John Wick-Leonidas slash fiction fight club. The first two can miss me with their bullshit, so that really only leaves me with two options. Sooooo...

"How'd you decide?"
    Roshon asked after a moment. Seemed like a better question than just asking for Sera's pitch.

12. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

This wasn’t something she was very good at discussing.

It was a difficult position, “I admit, you are right. The way our society is setup, it leaves little to no choice. Which, if you ask me, sucks.” She was always about free choice. But when it came to their world, there wasn’t as much as they thought.

Then a laugh, an honest laugh, “Oh, I like that.” When she describes the Courts.

Getting more comfortable on the floor, while sipping her coffee, “It felt like a natural fit to me. Before I was taken, I felt sorry for myself, wallowed in my depression. So Winter was not a thing for me, I didn’t want to keep dealing with it or hide from it. I lived in fear, for a majority of my life, and turning that fear into something to use against Them, just didn’t feel right to me. And well, Summer was just a bit too much for me.” A chuckle. “When it came to Spring? It gave me a chance to use what They turned me into against them. I could live my best life, filled with desire and joy, and give them a huge middle finger the whole time. See, Spring is more than just desire. I mean, sure, we do desire like no one else.” A wink added. “We refuse to be victims of what They did, we live for joy and desire to deny Them. By refusing to continue to be Their victims, we find strength and purpose. My old life was spent as a victim, so the chance to take it back, to not be defeated by Them or anyone else, well, it struck a cord with me.” There was passion in her voice as she spoke of her Court. “If we take that power from Them, snub our noses at whatever power They think they have, we win.” It was simple in her mind.

A sigh, “I won’t lie, I don’t have the answers. I’ve never been good at explaining why the Courts are a good thing to someone with strong opposition. Because there is truth in why you’ve opposed them, and that shouldn’t be ignored. But there is strength a sense of belonging that comes from making that leap, taking that chance. I won’t sit here and tell you everything is always sunshine and puppies, because it’s not. Members of Courts bump heads all the time, strong personalities and all that. But I know I can call on my Court anytime and they will be there for me. I’ve been injured badly, and Titania dropped what she was doing to come render me aide.” Another sip of coffee.

“It comes down to a simple question,” looking to her, “what do you want? What would joining a Court do for you. Because at the end of the day, all that matters is what makes you happy and feel safe.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

14. Likes Yumyumcrow, Aeolus, liked this post

Roshon
    Striking Looks
    (Grand)
    Roshon

Mien

+1
    SL
    PRE

Miner Chimera

Listening to the Queen of Spring describe her Court, and the philosophical intentions behind it, Roshon couldn't help but be reminded of the music she listened to. Yeah, there was a lot of anger there, but there was also defiance, and the vow to celebrate life no matter the oppression they faced. It definitely spoke to her more than any of the other courts. Like, yeah, she liked the idea of fighting back against the Gentry and all of their bullshit, but she wasn't going to devote her life to that. She dreamed of a mechanical wonderland and the thrill of hurtling through space in a rolling work of art. That didn't exactly fit the whole 'soldier' ideal.

Still, it was one thing to think it, another thing to express it, especially in response to Sera's question: what would joining a court do for her?

"I mean, it would mean I don't have to fondle that thing every five seconds," Roshon joked, nodding back at the Wyrdstone that gently pulsed above them.

"But seriously," she quickly added, "I think it would mean I'd actually be able to set down roots. Like you said, the Court is a community. I don't join any of them and I'm just isolating myself, right? Magically and otherwise. So, don't have much of a choice. But, of the choice I do have, I gotta say, I like what you have to say. Plus, ya know, you're pretty dope, too. Like, not hitting on you, but like, if you're who I have to bend the knee to, I think I could live with that."

She meant it, too. Sure, there had been times where she'd wondered if Sera's whole kindness thing wasn't just a snare too subtle for Roshon to spot, but, like, not even her gut agreed with that. Plus, no evidence, so unless she wanted to be some sort of paranoid asshole, it made more sense to just trust for once.

"Sooooo, how do I apply? There some kind of rave SAT I gotta pass, or can I just give you, like, a really nice bribe?" Roshon asked, a smile tugging at her lips.

16. Likes Yumyumcrow, Aeolus liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

A light laugh, “Well, yeah. But who knows,” a shrug, “maybe it likes that.” She jokes back.
    This was not how she thought this meeting was going to go. Show Roshon the Stone, let her touch it, and move on.

“In a way? Yes, you’re isolating yourself. Which, if that’s your thing, isn’t necessarily a bad thing.” Cause some were just loners. But her desire to join Spring? Completely unexpected. But she laughs again, “Can’t say I’ve been called ‘dope’ before, but I’ll take it! And you don’t even want to know what my SAT scores were!” still smiling before turning a bit more serious, “I never ask anyone to bend the knee. I see the Spring Court as equals, we are all a family, working to make the best out of what we have. We all have our own desires that we are fulfilling.” Seemed this was going to be a thing.

They were doing this.

She had never done this.

“Anyone is welcome to join the Spring Court. We seek those who doesn’t want to hide from their past, who choose to make something new for themselves. Chasing your own desires and fulfilling them. What do you desire?” she asks. “There is no right or wrong answer, as everyone desires something different. Myself, I desire to bring joy and happiness to others, helping them fulfill their desires.” It had always driven her, since she escaped. “Spring lives with a flare for the here and now. Not wallowing in what was, but live for what will be. We take away, in a way, Their power by living our best lives.” It was no secret that the Gentry lived off Fear and power. Spring simply refused to give into that.

And that was the million-dollar question. How did one join?

“I consider what you’ve said an application.” Another laugh, light and musical in sound, “But actually joining requires a Pledge to the Season itself. Which, in turn, will bestow upon you a connection with your Mantle and Spring. But it will also a connection with the Spring Court of Sacramento. What that connection is, is different for everyone. Some feel a sense of belonging and a sense, or well, home I suppose.” At least, it did for her. “But do you have questions? This is going to be a big move, do you have any concerns or worries?”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

18. Likes , Aeolus liked this post

Roshon
    Striking Looks
    (Grand)
    Roshon

Mien

+1
    SL
    PRE

Miner Chimera

"What do I desire?" Roshon repeated, more thinking aloud than anything else. The question was simple, but there were probably hidden layers behind it. What was floating up at the surface wasn't always the same as what was lurking in the depths and all that.

"I mean, I want a place to settle down. Would be nice to have friends again. And family."

She paused, feeling old wounds opening, little spills of blood finding their way through cracks in those aged scabs. Roshon had lost her family before she'd been Taken. Still, now wasn't the time to start actively trying clean and stitch those wounds closed.

"I bet everybody says that, though," Roshon joked, a half smile hiding what lurked beneath the surface.

"So, more specifically, I guess I'd say that I like cars. Like, a lot. I love building them, I love driving them. Pretty much everything about them. And I like music. And food. And, yeah, I do like partying. So...maybe it is a more natural fit."

If Roshon had meant someone like Sera when she'd first gotten out, she probably would have joined then. Unfortunately, she'd met like the exact opposite. Like, yeah, sometimes people never worked through their trauma. Sometimes they became just like the people (or Things) who hurt them. For real.

"But, you're right. This is going to be a big change. Means responsibilities. Duties. Ties. And probably all kinds of things I'm spacing on right now. Plus, this whole conversation kind of came out of nowhere, so there's probably all kinds of stuff you have to prepare and consider, too. Sorry 'bout that. I appreciate you, like, listening to me and taking the time to fill me in."

20. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread