(Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Crystal hadn't bothered with opening a group chat and asking the other Mystagogues for their input after putting his foot in his mouth in the Circle. If Corn wanted him to be master of ceremonies (however unofficial that title may be), he'd rise up to the challenge. He sent each of them a couple of possible dates and once everybody decided on one, he just gave the address and a starting time. Some people might question his decision to throw this party in his home (or the decision to declare his apartment as his Sanctum to begin with), but he wasn't here for such discussions today.

He had cleaned up his spacious 4th floor apartment for the occasion - meaning he stowed away all the books lying around, brought his clothes to the cleaners and had his cleaning lady come in an extra time - and now added some finishing touches for the party that was all about Guru and Belle , the new members of the Sacramento Mysterium. He bought some cheap fairy lights to attach to the big windows of his living-room/kitchen combination and brought out some other harmless forms of indirect lighting which he spread around the main room.

The fridge was stacked with white wine, liquor and some mixers (aka non-alcoholic alternatives) and stored a few bottles of red wine next to it. He fully trusted Aurora to bring some of her brew, so he didn't want to buy inferior beer.
    The sink still had some pans and pots and other utensils in it, since he put the cooking he picked up from dating some guy to good use. Even though that guy dumped him soon after.
    If a horse threw him off, this Warlock would soon find the next one to ride.

The big glass table bore the fruits of his labor: various trays of finger-food ranging from trivial to 'almost complicated', but at least they all tasted good and could provide some sort of base for whatever else his guests and him were throwing down their throats. Six black leather chairs stood around the table, although he thought - no, hoped - that people would gravitate more towards the big couch across the big TV on the other side of the room. It was damn comfy and he bought some extra blankets and pillows so that people could live their most relaxed life. The TV was turned to a radio station playing some non-intrusive, relaxing music.
    He even put fresh sheets on his bed, which was behind one of the three doors leading outside this room (the other two being the entrance and an awesome bathroom). If anyone needed to sleep something off or lie down for a minute, Crystal had them covered.

Oh yeah, the also made sure to stock up his goodies-drawer. A few blotters of acid, some ecstasy and a bag of MDMA and speed was just waiting for anyone adventurous enough to expand their mind. This was a Mysterium-party, after all.
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

2. Likes , BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life
     Improvised out-of-path, 

PRE

Corn arrived a couple minutes early, dressed in black sweater over a dark shirt and black pants. Not casual but not opera-day either. Having figured Aurora or Crystal would take care of the beer, he brought with him a box of Macaroons, marzipans and nougats. And a jar of his mother's marmelade, although he wouldn't tell them that.

He ringed the bell and once admitted he took a look around, impressed. "Greetings my friend. This is much better than I thought! You are both a good scholar and a good host. I hope you're a good cook too." He pointed around and asked. "Can we talk freely here? Or it's Chris and stuff?" Noticing he was the first, he said "I am glad I got here first. We have some gossip to do before the others arrive."

After giving Crystal a chance to show him around or put in a few words - but certainly avoiding small talk to draw much in case Belle would show up - he said in a conspiratory tone:
    "Did you notice our gruff policeman ( Winter ) was much more talkative this time around? Much more talkative and in a much more social mood. I swear, I haven't heard him saying that much, except to condemn those San Fran idiots, the entire year. And he did say some things about those San Fran idiots.
    He also went out of his way to tell us he can be talkative and a good conversationalist but he also prefers to listen.

So, I was thinking. What changed since the last time to put that guy in a good mood? What did he notice the previous time that put him in his best mood and nice clothes and convinced him to make an effort this time?"

Corn rubbed his hands together as his smile spread, like a caricature evil mage.
    "Or better... not what did he notice, Crystal but Whom? The answer is simple: Belle!
    I believe Winter has the hots for the new girl! It may sound foolish to you, but think about it. It is possible, and you have to admit that there was a shift from the usual, a deviation. First he played the tough, upstanding guy the previous time. Good move. Make her look. And now he let her know he is willing to listen to her stories and is a good conversationalist by addressing us. As if he had shown any kind of care towards us for the entire year. But lo and behold! A new girl arrives and we learn that he can be talkative but can also listen, that he has a soft side.

So... what do you think? Aside that I am making a mountain out of an anthill?
    "
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

4. Likes , Aeolus, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    Mana: 9/9
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

There was a small part of Belle that pondered Scrying Crystal's apartment prior to making her way over to the party, if only just to mess with Crystal a bit. But she was more interested in getting to know her fellow Mystagogues and integrating with the local Mysterium. There would be plenty of time for Warlock shenanigans later.

Besides, she was dressed to be on her best behavior: a nice scarf for the cool weather set against business casual attire, and all in blue. And since she didn't want to be outdone by Guru as 'generous new Mystagogue', she has a self-assembled veggie and fruit tray courtesy of Kaze leaving her a full fridge along with his apartment. Bittersweet? Yes. But Belle was going to accept it as the gift that it was and make good use of it.

A knock sounds on the door, and Belle enters with an eager smile. "'Sup Mystery Shackers! Got room for an extra party tray? I figured somebody had better make sure we try and eat healthy tonight." After setting down the tray, she gives Crystal a friendly hug, same with Corn. "Thanks again for hosting Crystal. You really are the best Councilor a gal could have. And Corn, how's life? Got any new projects going on?" She remembered Corn was somewhat of a tinkerer/scientist among the Mysterium.

6. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The Shaman would show up with two full growlers in hand. Two more were in the trunk of her car, just in case.

She had dressed for the cooling weather with a leather jacket, with a tank top under it and black leather pants. Casual, but fun. But she had never been to a Mysterium party before. Things seem to be progressing forward in ways she hadn’t been expecting. Would Campy had thrown a party? Maybe.

After knocking and being let in, she holds up the growlers, “I have the beer. A seasonal one and a stout.” Sometimes the stout was nicer in the colder months.

A look to Crystal, “Nice place!” better than hers. But she was about minimal style, functional without being too much.

Smiling to everyone, “Hope I haven’t missed too much!”

8. Likes Aeolus, , BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

Guru had been eagerly anticipating the party. It had been awhile since he could get together and just hang out and vibe with a group of friends, some close, maybe some to grow closer. It was what he liked most about private get togethers like this, to be able to be free and open with each other. Guru came dressed much more like himself than he was outside of meetings, most of the time it was about fitting an image, this was more for self expression. His messenger bag back and slung across his shoulder. Party favors were in there as well as some electrolyte packets, a first aid kit, and other recovery essentials.

He gave the door a quick shave and a haircut knock before trying the knob and finding the door open. He stepped in, toeing the door shut behind him as he threw open his arms with a wide smile. "Well hey there party people!" He laughed slightly, unclipping the center strap and bringing his bag back around before rummaging in it pulling out a small bottle of what appeared to be green tea extract and then finding a place to put the rest of the bag. "I brought party favors." He gave the bottle a small shake as the pills rattled around inside. "It's not just green tea, but anti-oxidants are a good supplement. Still might be some of my best work to date."

10. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Crystal welcomed his guests dressed rather tame for his standards: black pants and a comfortable knitted pullover (with an abstract geometric pattern, and yes: it was Dior) were his outfit of choice for the casual occasion.

It didn't surprise him in the slightest that Corn was the first to arrive. Neither was he surprised by the verbosity of the Moros. "Hey, thanks. You can talk freely here - trust me, I've had some wild nights in here and never had any complaints. Neither have I heard any of my neighbours, ever." Money allegedly couldn't buy happiness, but it went a long way to buy you peace of mind.

Then Corn announced he wanted to gossip, and while the Warlock was intrigued by that idea, he got comfortable quickly. Corn had that look in his eyes, so this could take a while. But Crystal couldn't help but get actually interested as the Moros went on. Winter? Having a crush on Belle? This seemed highly unlikely and yet.. well, frankly he never really paid the Guardian much mind, so he only really noticed when Winter actually talked that one time in the Circle. "That's an interesting theory you have there-"

The phrase 'saved by the bell' didn't beginn to describe it. Just as he was about to indulge the Necromancer, the next guest arrived. "Well talk later." And Crystal went to uphold his duties as host. "Hey, welcome! Thanks for the.. veggies. You shouldn't have! But I guess that makes you the best Mastigos a Councilor could have." He returned her hug though and gave her outfit an appreciative thumbs up. Yep, the fashion game was strong in Pandemonium.

Aurora arrived next and brought beer - as expected. "Hey, really glad you're here. Haven't missed much, people are just settling in. Thanks for the beer!" He helped her put the growlers away and looked at her, one eyebrow raised. "You okay?" Now, with Crystal being Crystal this really didn't sound too concerned or going any deeper than big-party chit-chat, but the Shaman knew that this was as deep as it went with him most of the time. A sign of stunted affection without the added strings of expecting an in-depth answer.

And then the final member of the impressively sized Mysterium announced his presence. Crystal greeted Guru with a warm hug. "Heeeey, my Guru. I'd say this party has now officially started. What have we here?" Because chances were Guru's party favours were both interesting and fun-enhancing.

With everybody present Crystal locked the door and clapped a few times to get the attention of the gathered Mystagogues. "All right, welcome everybody. We have drinks, we have food, we have probably anything else you could wish for: feel right at home and just treat yourself to whatever you feel you need right now. As the Master of Ceremonies is hereby declare this party started!"
    With that he poured himself a glass of stout and plopped down onto the couch. His plan was to see how things would shake out now - would there be smaller conversations or did the group gravitate to one big circle of communication?
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

12. Likes , BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life
     Improvised out-of-path, 

PRE

Corn returned Belle 's hug with a smile. "Ah, our impressive new member. How thoughtful."

Aurora got another warm smile. "Welcome Aurora. Always a pleasure. I hope it's not rude to say that I was looking forward to your company ... and your beer. " He helped Crystal take the beer from Aurora and set it up.

Guru arrived and got another greeting. "Wow, you look... vibrant! Pleased to see you Guru."

"This reminds me of college dorm parties." Corn said as everyone was setting in and Crystal announced the party has started. "Perhaps I should have brought a board game or two." Corn poured himself some of Aurora's seasonal beer, taking care to not spill the foam. Sure, he could clean if needed but it was not polite to either spill on this expensive place or cast magic on another mage's sanctum.
    "What's in this beer, Aurora?" he asked as he moved towards the others and finding a seat, with a few of Crystal's finger's food delicacies in a small plate.
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

14. Likes Aeolus, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    Mana: 9/9
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

Belle hears Aurora mention beer and her eyes go wide. She was the kind who saw social drinking as much competition as it was icebreaker. "Hey, Aurora! Thanks for bringing a selection." She doesn't burden the Shaman with a hug, given her hands were full. With precious cargo no less.

Then Guru arrives, and Belle wastes no time in welcoming her fellow new Mystagogue.
    "Guru! Great to see you again." The bottle and its contents draws a brief look of suspicion from the Warlock. Guru seemed a little too happy with his concoction. "So, like a green tea plus? Not bad. I'll have to try some."

Crystal declares the party and Belle whoops enthusiastically before fixing herself a plate of finger foods and some of her own veggies. All that, and a cup of seasonal beer in hand, and she takes a seat on the couch across from Corn. "Yeah, Aurora, what's the secret? Mundane or magical?" She's genuinely curious; though she herself wasn't much of a connoisseur.

16. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Seeing Guru enter made her heart skip a beat. But her face gave away nothing, a carefully crafted mask.

Smiling, “Hey! Looking good!” and he was. She didn’t know of anyone else that could pull off what he wore.

“Hmmm, sounds interesting.” As he mentioned what he brought.

Crystal’s question caught her off guard, and she looked unsure at first, but it quickly vanished, replaced with her usual confident smile, “Of course! Thanks for asking.” But her eyes told a different story. Though it was obvious she wouldn’t be getting into it tonight. This wasn’t the place.

As he declares the party started, she raises her arms, “Party time!” well, as much as she partied. It wasn’t a whole lot anymore, but she wanted to get to know everyone.

Shaking her head to Corn, “Not rude at all! I mean, it’s not a party before I get there!” she jokes with an easy-going smile.

“The beer?” she asked, “Oh, nothing special, just the usual ingredients.” She hadn’t tried to do anything magical with it yet. “But the stout is a chocolate flavored one.” One of her favorite ones to brew.

Grinning to Belle, “Always good to have variety! I have two more in my car should we need or want more.” Always come prepared.

“Sorry to disappoint, but they are mundane. I haven’t tried making them magical yet, though it would be fun to try!”
    looking thoughtful, “Might have to try that soon, see what happens.” Might be fun!

Taking off her leather jacket, “So what’s first? Party games?”

18. Likes BoxingUnicorn, Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

He offered a smile to those gathered but addressed Corn first before answering the question’s Crystal and Belle had posed. “Thanks man, I don’t have to dress up for anything so I can wear what I want to for a change. Something that feels a little more fitting. As to what’s in the bottle…” He held it up, took the top off and tipped out two pills into his hand.

“What I told in my hand 4-Bromo-2,5-dimethoxyphenethylamine, also known as 2C-B, also known as Nexus or Eros. It is a derivative of mescaline developed by a research chemist in the 70s. It’s a psychoactive substance with effects between LSD and MDMA, so nice visual experience while not being overwhelming, and that warm, fuzzy, closeness that MDMA can bring. No pressure, just a gift.” He offered with a smile before leaving the bottle to sit on a counter. “Oh the green tea is because anti-oxidants are helpful for protection and recovery since it acts heavily on your serotonin receptors.”

He was animated as he described it, it was a subject that he was passionate about. Not just the recreational aspects but the use-case scenario were even more intriguing to the hippie. This rolled into his wide smile to Aurora; should we hug, should we offer a hug, no too obvious. At least later he could blame it on the drugs. He went and poured himself a small glass of the stout, starting off with it since he couldn’t enjoy much alcohol this evening. He took a sip and tossed the pills into his mouth while checking his phone. “I made it myself so I can attest to the quality and safety of the product. That I just took.” He chuckled, ending up by no coincidence close to Aurora. “I might have time for a game before the drugs kick in, after that the journey is what the journey is. I couldn’t’ ask for better company for it at least. Stout is really good by the way, nice body to it.” Raising his glass in a toast.

“So shall we toast? What are we going to toast to? How about to new horizons?”

20. Likes BoxingUnicorn, Aeolus liked this post
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread