Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2111) Speaking easy

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Oct 31, 2021 : (2111) Roaring Court
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable considers it. "Yes. I felt like I was one third party planner, one third department store greeter, and one third night club bouncer. At first I didn't feel like I had a lot of responsibility but when you are needed, you are needed right that second. You need to stay alert at all times. Intercept new comers. Sniff out trouble before it starts. And be clear in your communications with the seneschal, reeve, Archon, and Prince. As keeper you are responsible to keep Elysium safe. I used to do a security check before each court as I was setting up. I checked in with the reeve and seneschal when they arrived to see if there was something specific to watch for. And the Prince loves art in court but you need to run any ideas by her before implementing them." She spoke of the job fondly.

Mable tried to think of other specifics. Every experience was different. "I do know a past keeper like to serve lemonade. A bit strange but I think she liked to try and put people at ease. The keeper office smelled like fresh lemons when I first had it. I used to keep lemons in a bowl since they smelled so good. Which reminds me, the job is more than just during court especially since we are all meeting here more often."

"Does that help any? It's just my prospective. Everyone does the duty slightly differently. I enjoyed it quite a bit. And if asked I'd do it again in a second. But I realize there are others for whom a court title is important. For me it wasn't the title but the job that was important. Anyway, do you have any questions?"

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Connor nods in thanks to Mable. "You are a font of wisdom, Madame Wood. I believe all of those duties are well within my skill set. You've been quite helpful, and I appreciate that very much."

His smile slowly become more sincere as she talks about the Keeper before her, and the little things she did to make the office her own. "It's always nice to hear what the previous office holders did, traditions one may want to carry through."

The haunt then cocked his head slightly as she mentions what a title means to other. "You did help, more than you may thing. However, I must assure you that I am in this for more than a title. It's a perk, yes, but I simply want the responsibility. It's a chance to prove myself worthy of my stay in the Domain, and it helps keep the Domain safe and orderly in the process. I supposed I have one question though. You said I have to run everything by her Grace. Does that include events I plan to hold, or only changes to Elysium?"
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Oh, I didn't mean any disrespect about holding a title. I just meant that as much as I enjoyed the position, for me a title is just a title. But I appreciate that you think along the same lines as I do. It's more about the responsibility and being an important part of the domain."

"Hmm, I'm not sure about events you personally plan to hold here. But I would ask what the Prince would want run by her before hand. Here it is best to get permission then the seek forgiveness because there are no guarantees with the latter. That being said, the Prince is a very fair person who has a huge responsibility. She does what is best for the domain." Mable knew first hand how fair the Prince could be but also knew how brutal a punishment could be when she was crossed.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Oh, no. My Apologies," the Haunt says calmly and with a smile, "you've given no offense. I simply prefer to make my intentions known rather than leave them up for speculation. I do agree strongly with the sentiment that titles are only a perk when it comes to being given responsibility. My only wish is that the Domain continues to be prosperous and secure."

Connor nods as Mable answers his question. His thoughts briefly turn back to an image of the Flayed Kowalsic; he too, knows how brutal punishment in this domain can be. "If I am allowed the duty, I'll be sure to run everything I plan to do by her Grace for approval. I already have some ideas, though more than a few may only be truly enjoyed by the eldest of us, so they may have to be scrapped."
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Connor was so sweet. She decided to take his expressed thoughts at face value. Her past dealings with him did show he was mainly concerned with the domain. "MMM yes, I had a few ideas which were scrapped. But most were acceptable. Like I said, she is a fair person."

Mable realized she didn't know much about Connor. "So how have you been doing here in Sacramento? Finding enough to entertain you?"

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"I have no doubts her Grace is fair, I'm simply aware that I'm among the older Kindred in the domain. My idea of a good time may be slightly different than those of the younger sort." The Haunt Whip says with a smile. Mable was an enjoyable enough Kindred to speak to, even if her beast made him want to turn tail and run. "I do thank you for the advice and instruction though, it was quite insightful."

Mable's question bring a slight pause to the Haunt. Normally Kindred weren't so keen on knowing HOW the haunts were, just WHAT they could do for them. "I've found Sacramento to be... desirable, I think that would be a good word to use there. I've been enjoying myself so far, and I'd like to try and make it my home for at least as long as I was in New York. I actually came to the domain with plans to open a speakeasy, as I was telling the Seneschal, so I've been pouring myself into the work to earn that right."
    The Vanishing:

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Desirable. That's a great word for it. The area itself has a wide array of activities. Plenty of nature areas for people like me, a wild night life, sophisticated and cultural entertainment, and many things in between."

New York? She wasn't sure she knew that about him. She was really falling down on the job of trying to be more social. "A speakeasy? Like in the movies?"

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

The haunt lets out a faint laugh. "Sort of like in the movies, yeah. Though I doubt most of the people making those movies actually lived through the prohibition era." He's been more brazen lately about dropping hints about his own age, though to be fair, he was still older than he was letting on. "I'm planning on gearing the aesthetic more toward alternative lifestyles, turning it into a 'goth bar' of sorts. Red and Black color scheme, low lighting. The works."

Then the commotion from where Jack had just gone caught his attention. He fought the minor urge to smirk at the embarrassment of the new Gangrel.

1 success

The smirk tugs at the edge of his mouth for an instant, but is quickly washed away before turning back to Mable. "Court's been busy these last few months, hasn't it?" He says as he draws a pocket watch out and looks at it. His eyes widen slightly looking at the time. "It seems that once again our conversation is being cut short. It's getting late, so I suppose it's time to go. Once again, I thank you for all the information you've given me and for the conversation afterwards, I've enjoyed it." He fishes a business card out of his coat pocket and holds it out to her. "If you ever had a need or would like to have a conversation with less of a time constraint, please don't hesitate to call."

After she takes the card, Connor gives her a bow. "Have a wonderful rest of the night, Hierophant." He then turns to head back out into the crowd to make his final bows.
    The Vanishing:

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable looks over to Samantha and almost groans. Damn it. She looks back at Connor just in time to see a tug at his lips. Was he smirking? It amused her to think he might have been, but maybe not at the expense of her clan. grrrr.

When he offered his card she accepted it. "I would love to have you come visit the Farm sometime. And thank you for a wonderful conversation. Have a great night."

She watched him leave then went over to Samantha.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread