Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Cats, Cemeteries, and Conversations

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable was sitting in the Memorial Grove potting shed in Capital Park. This was one of her favorite indoor spots. It smelled of soil, fertilizer and many other earthy smells. There were no windows and the building was made from well-maintained bricks and mortar. No one else in the park used this shed. She had a table and stools set up.

She heard a raven caw and knew Jennifer was getting closer. Two caws, she was almost to the door. Mable waited for the knock. If her heart beat, it would be doing triple time. This can’t be about the plague cat.

Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer arrives, her Beast cloaked. The Lady wore a chunky knit scarf in grey, carefully hiding her left side of neck and shoulder. She wore a dark grey wool long jacket, a white tunic length top and jeans, with grey running shoes.
    Jennifer glanced around the cemetery. Looking for the cat in question, although one was on custody. Were there more than one? More than one poacher?

Jennifer knocked on the door.
    "Mable? It is I." Her Cursed voice had to be hard to mistake for another.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable smile as she opened the door for Jennifer. Then she gave a deep head bow of respect. "Thank you for meeting with me."

She led her to the table with two old wooden stools next to it, "Please have a seat. What would you like to know?"

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer glanced around the room as she stepped inside.
    " This is one of your Havens? Or a work place?

It's come to my attention that you have some history with unusual animals.

I am personally pursuing the academic side of a threat to the Domain.
    Regarding a Poacher that was working with an unusual cat, one that seems to be harvesting something from victims.
    What can you tell me about that?
    And do you know about familiars or cryptids, something that could be relevant?"

Jennifer finds a stool and pulled out a small moleskin notebook, which was new and had no writing in it yet, and a fine pen.
    Jennifer had other information to share, yet wanted to focus on one aspect at a time.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Yes." Mable answered the questions with one answer.

"The cat-like creature said it was a sin-eater. She was a threshold, a little god of death and profit." The words were etched in her head even a few years later.

"She said one of her names was plague cat and she was from Hades."

She thought for a moment, "There was something about feasting on the silent taint.

"We found her chained up in one of the tunnels. And there were mirrors facing her. At the time I wasn't very good with the occult. I didn't know what to do."
    Mable fell silent.

"Familiars or cryptids? huh. I'm sure I have read something about that..." Mable thought for a bit about that.

1 success

6. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"Did you say 'little god'? How did you come across a little god?"
    Jennifer was not particularly spiritual. She trusted meritocracies like the Invictus. In this Covenant, I see clear proof of supernatural happenings. What was a little god? Was that with a lowercase 'G'?
    Ah, found her chained up in a tunnel. Should we check the tunnels for more strange cryptids? Would that be a waste of time?

"Did you notice anything unusual with the Kine population? Perhaps a link or some correlation to the little god's actions?
    At the moment, we think that the cryptid - as I am unsure this is a real cat, as much as it resembles one - feeds on people and delivers the food to a master. There was a Kindred who was working with the cat, communicating with someone else.
    If you can think of something on the subject, it would help me. I keep coming up with various information for a witch's familiar when researching the cryptid. I suppose I will have to see if any of the Kindred have occult contacts. Do you perhaps have occult contacts, or knows someone who does?

I have some skill in the occult. I may have to work to try and find a new contact who has better information."
    Jennifer mused. "Do you have ideas on this? You could likely help me research. Did you say you have some history of studying the occult?"

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable stopped thinking about the plague cat and stared at Jennifer. Occult. OMG. Mable's mind went searching for the correct thing. Powers. There was something. She missed what Jennifer was saying.

She had the power to do this. She mentally pulled herself back together. Then calmly spoke, "I think I know what is happening. Just my best guess, occult wise. I can discuss the Plaguecat later but I think I may have the answer."

"There is a power where a kindred can basically walk in a live animals body." Mable wouldn't get into specifics right this second.

"I could definitely help with this research. I could ummm. Help with tracking also."

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer frowned. Walk in a live animal's body? So it could have been two Kindred patrolling that night?
    "Could you indulge me," Jennifer stated, her mind churning.

"- If one were to be attacked by four other Kindred, would one remain in this form?
    Even if an ally was Torpored?

Could one hold this form indefinitely?
    We could use help in tracking. Perhaps your martial skill... I've heard you have a talent for it."

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable thought about this. "Well, the kindred could stay in the animal during the day and I don't believe there is a time limit for remaining in the animal. It really depends on the kindred who is doing this. They could decided to stay inside the animal for ever and they could ignore the other kindred. As far as being attacked...I don't know. I don't think it would jar them loose and if it did they would just return to their body."

Mable struggled for a moment with a decision. "I can do this. I have only tried it with my chickens. But I could try going into another animal and you could attack it and see what happens if that would help." It was a huge leap of trust to admit this. But it was for the domain safety.

"If I track, I will need someone trustworthy by my side to keep me safe. I'm very vulnerable when I do this." Damn honesty was really hard and scary.

"And yes, I can kick butt pretty well. Maybe not as well as the Prince or Archon, but not too shabby." She grins, fighting she could easily admit to.

She was trusting Jennifer with her abilities. That was huge, but she had also seen what Jennifer could do and that was some scary stuff. Perhaps their abilities could be a great combination of mental and physical assaults.

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer hears the information that Mable shares. She takes a moment to write the information that is new to her: Kindred could enter the bodies of animals. Mable is capable of this, and has done so with chickens. Kindred could stay in the animal during the day.
    Jennifer sets down the pen and thinks. She realizes that Mable has shared something, something quite personal.

"I appreciate you telling me this."
    Jennifer replied to Mable. Sincere, earnest.
    "Would it help if I swear not to reveal this to someone unless it is the her Grace, the Lady Prince, her Grace, the Archon or a future Reeve? I shall not levy your secrets."

Jennifer has the thought to say something more, yet something presses on her. A duty and obligation, for she knew how her friend had valued Mable's friendship.
    "There is something that I wanted to tell you in person." Jennifer paused. Thinking about the best way to share this information in order to cause the least amount of distress to Mable.
    "A good friend of ours, who we both know to be quite loyal and honest in his dealings, has found all that he can in Sacramento. Dirt Nap has been called to lead an important project for his Covenant. It could be multi - generational."
    Another pause for Mable to hear the implications of this. Jennifer waited, watching the Gangrel. Her expression one of sympathy, touched with her own genuine emotion.

Dirt Nap had been a true and loyal friend, defending and protecting Jennifer against anyone politically. Against foreign invaders. He had never said an ill word about her.
    "I know that he valued you as a trusted ally and more than that, a friend."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread