Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2111) Introductions

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Oct 31, 2021 : (2111) Roaring Court
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Ok, you're not here to cause trouble. I'll go with that. But I don't understand what you mean." Mable said in a patient tone. She continued and repeated her question. "What did you mean by no place left for you in your old domain? And what does it mean 'don't return service with a haven of dirt? I like to have people tell me things in a straight forward manner so there is no misunderstanding. " She figured endless red drought meant lack of vitae. "How bad was it at your last domain?"

Well at least this wasn't a boring introduction with the same responses.

Striking Looks
    (Tatted up)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Barfly
    Blood Potency
    Samantha
    Samantha

+1
    SL
    PRE

Samantha pursed her lips as Mable continued to press the issue. She sighed, resigning herself to putting the sob story out there.

"I spent some time as the Hound of San Jose." She proclaimed with mock dramatic flare. "But there was no glamor in it. They took the role quite literally, and used me like a caged animal. Bust some heads, lay down the law, and then back in the cage you go." More or less. "Eventually, I had to stand up for myself. And they didn't exactly like that." She sniffed, derisively.

"And now I'm here, talking to you wonderful ladies. So far so good. I even have a bed to sleep on."
    | Aspect of the Predator

Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer listens, filing away information for later.

"Good for you for striking out. It takes time to grow into your teeth, and I am glad that you have done so. " Jennifer replies, a small nod of approval.
    Once you have settled your Acknowledgement, you may be interested to know that the Domain may be interested in someone with your skill set. May I inquire on if you possess skill in intimidating folks or anything down that path?

You mention busting heads and laying down the law. I assure you, that Domain Officials here do not utilize cages for their officials or Law enforcers. Her Grace, the Duchess Twist, Priscus of the Daeva, and Archon, functions in the capacity for her Grace, the Prince Alessandra, Priscus of the Gangrel and Lady of the Invictus."

In spite of the mouthful of titles I just spoke, I assure you that this is not an Invictus Domain. Her Grace, the Prince, sees fit to ensure all Covenants are equal under her rule. The past Seneschal was a respected member of the Circle of the Crone.
    If you are ever unsure of how to refer to someone, the safest route is to use their Domain title if they have one. For example: Seneschal Jack can be respectfully addressed as Seneschal Jack."

Jennifer does not elaborate now, yet makes a note to do so. Or to mention Samantha to Priscus Quinn or the Prince Alessandra at a later date. With Dirt Nap's departure, it was possible that the new Reeve would be looking for someone just like Samantha.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

4. Likes DeepSeas liked this post

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable had a flash of pride in her cousin. "Thank you for your honesty. I am sure you will find some interesting things to do in this domain." Jennifer had asked a question that Mable also was interested in. She listened intently for the answer.

She give a look to Jennifer, "Priscus Hazelton is an excellent resource for proper courtly behavior. But really any court member will be able to help if you have questions. Speaking of which do you have any questions ?"

6. Likes DeepSeas liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Tatted up)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Barfly
    Blood Potency
    Samantha
    Samantha

+1
    SL
    PRE

And there it was. Though the two kindred before her were both tactfully pleasant - so manicured in speech and behavior - Samantha knew that all kindred were the same, deep down. A primordial facet of themselves. What can you do for me, for the domain? How can you be of use? Her introduction ever so quickly becoming a job interview. She didn't blame them though, she would likely react the same if the shoe were on the other foot.

"Sometimes you have to bust heads metaphorically." She joked, and made a show of flexing her biceps to the other women. "One of the only perks of my title were that people in the know often didn't want to push their luck." Flashing a half-hearted smile she continued, "Whether or not I enjoyed it, I fit the role well. So yes, I have those skills that you might find useful."

She watched Jennifer carefully and listened. Despite her assurances that Sacramento wasn't a First Estate domain, Samantha wasn't at all surprised to hear the veritable roster of Invictus personalities who held the true power. They did ever enjoy parading their fancy titles, and entrenching the social hierarchy. But she could play along. There's always some measure of security in the status quo.

Finally, she returned her attention to Mable, "I can't think of anything, at the moment. But believe, I'll ask if something comes up." She smiles, hoping they found her confidence charming.
    | Aspect of the Predator

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer listens closely, attentive to tone of voice.
    "Thank you, Heirophant." Jennifer's Cursed voice responds pleasantly.

The Nosferatu was comfortable not speaking, observing the two Gangrel with a polite expression.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Are you all set for a place to stay? Have you been able to explore the area at all? What activities do you like to do?" Mable threw a bunch of questions at her cousin.

Striking Looks
    (Tatted up)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Barfly
    Blood Potency
    Samantha
    Samantha

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Yes. Not really. And uhhhhh..," Samantha did her best to keep up with Mable's sudden flurry of questions. "Maybe I should turn the tables here." She said with a grin, "Tell me about yourself if you'd be so kind, Hierophant. And tell me just what sort of activities are the best to get into around here."
    | Aspect of the Predator

11. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

The Nosferatu observed with a nuetral expression for a moment, listening. Learning. Jennifer took a survey of the room as she thought. Everything was well in hand here.

"It was lovely to meet you, Ms. Nguyen. Good to speak with you, Hierophant." The Cursed voice sounds. A nod of respect to Mable. "I shall move along."
    A moment of waiting for goodbyes. Then the Nosferatu Priscus strove towards another area of Elysium.

13. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable gave a smile and nod of respect back to Jennifer. She really thought highly of her and valued her. "It was wonderful speaking with you also."

She turned back to Samantha, "Me? Oh I'm a bit of a work aholic. I run a farm, work for the Urban forestry Project, and help out where I can with domain business that sort of thin. But I also go to a boxing gym at least once a week. I have been to a few bars in town. Some are owned by the domain others are just hot spots. I'm not sure what type of music you are into but there is a wide variety of bars with live music or djs. If you are interested in a fun easy going vibe, there is an amazing coffee shop I like to attend run by a friend of mine who isn't a kindred. Plus museums etc. Oh if you like salsa dancing, there is a latin ballroom dance place on the other side of town." Mable tried to list the places she had been to when she wasn't working.

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread