DISPLAYED
Dropping Bodies OOC Questions and Rolls

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Roll requested!

1 success

Question regarding this part of the scene:

So this was the post in the scene that promoted my roll

" A friend? Did they not give you the special code?"
    The man appears surprised. "I have two lovely pieces in the display, if you would follow me. There's a broach from a promising source being authenticated at the moment.
    If you like, I could call you when it becomes available.'

Since the NPC was literally thinking about the piece of information my character feels she needs (passcode)...went ahead and made a Telepathy roll to learn the passcode, since it was posted that the NPC is literally thinking about it, which should mean my character can grab it provided there is decent success on a roll.

My Roll:
    6 successes

This was the reply I recieved:

Quinn skims the surface thoughts of the clerk. The man was thinking on two lines of thought: why that other guy had left so quickly. Was this potential buyer one of the special people Forten had mentioned? Jim had a conviction that he wasn't to mention anything about the special items unless they followed the script.

He had some anxiety about Forten, as the boss had told him to let the new worker use the back room. There were expensive pieces back there, and was Forten going to be mad at him when something went missing?

I don't feel I got anything for that roll because the npc already verbally told my character that there was a special passcode. So the output of he's thinking about a script you need to follow for special items, is literally re-iterating the same information he gave verbally without Telepathy.
    Last edited by pisces; Nov 10th, 2021 at 11:47 AM.  Reason for Edit: Color coded text for ease of reading

Jennifer Hazelton

You got quite a success and you were given the information that he is thinking about. It might not be what your character is wanting, yet this is what the character is thinking at the moment. You recieved information that Quinn otherwise would not have known.
    Perhaps what you want is to use persuasion or subterfuge and engage the NPC to get his mind on something in line with what you wanted, before deciding to simply use Telepathy.

Perhaps what you want is to use persuasion or subterfuge and engage the NPC to get his mind on something in line with what you wanted, before deciding to simply use Telepathy.
    I would normally, but in this case it was literally stated verbally about the passcode, which means he was thinking about it. So I don't understand why the script he's thinking about isn't readable in his head?

Jennifer Hazelton

The NPC can only give you what he was thinking of. As you seem to be stuck on this, I will state this once: He does not know the passcode.

Which of course, is OOC and Quinn would not know this. Yet now you know why he was expecting Quinn to present it, without needing prompting, as has been the NPC's experience in the past. If you want your character to get this information, you are going to have to find an avenue for it.

6. Likes pisces liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

Holding for Mabel's action post to the thread

Jennifer Hazelton

Hello,
    I will be wrapping the Glimpses up around January 12th (a month out from the Catching Up thread concluding). If you want to gain information, be sure to participate in the Glimpse and be specific on what your character is doing. It is a rare one on one writing with the ST.

9. Likes Endymion liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

I am making the last ST posts. Do wrap up your Glimpses today or ASAP

Jennifer Hazelton

The plan was to gather together the same evening as the observation, I believe. Someone should set the thread up. Psychangel Endymion pisces

12. Likes , pisces liked this post

I got it. I have the idea for using Asylum! Since in a private scene with the prince they got permission to take Angela and the Cat out of the closet for interrogation, and Asylum has cells strong enough to hold a Kindred!

I will get it up either today or tomorrow depending on spoons with work and home stuff.

14. Likes liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread