Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch
Sorry for Ghosting!

:cough: So uh... the ADD and an attack of real life and work changes occurred. I went from teaching 100% digitally to face to face students again and then life just sort of... whisked by me.

I want to thank the mage folks for being super welcoming and for Phoenyx's player for reaching out to involve me. I think the lack of ST made my brain fizzle because I run a OWOD discord game and so tend to ST for myself a lot and it just sort of got lumped all together as "work."

I'd like to come back and play, and aim for one of the venues with an active ST where I can do Plotty Chasey Things. I am super familiar with Requiem and Lost, less so with Forsaken.

Some questions:
    1. How politics/etiquette/intrigue based in Requiem?
    2. Would a political character or a plot humpy character be a better fit?
    3. How screwed up is Lost? I've played it before and the level of trauma/ptsd baked into the characters can be sometimes a bit much.
    4. If you're willing, sell me on joining your venue? (players or sts alike?)

I can come up with a concept from stuff I've played before pretty easily, just need to find a good fit.

Jennifer Hazelton

1. Can you be more specific?
    I would advise you to take a read through the Requiem board to see what the Kindred tend to do. Forming allies is a large drive for kindred, so meeting with other kindred and getting a feel for their motivation occurs.
    2. What is plot humpy?
    Don't make a character just for plot. Make a well rounded character, who likely has a niche. My character has some academics/ investigation skill and enjoys helping the domain, for example.
    I would suggest that a character has some ability to handle politics as Requiem has a lot of interaction.
    3 I'm not a ST there so someone else will answer

4. Are you able to commit to the venue and not ghost?
    I understand RL commitments, I am a spoonie myself.

Have you read the wiki on vampire venue specifics?

I've been poking through the Wiki, yes.

And I think I should be good to actually get involved this time and not have the brain on fire

Jennifer Hazelton

The wiki has answers to a lot of new writer's questions, good idea to search the wiki. I'm glad you are reading it.

The vampire venue is currently on a wait list ( you can find the thread under ooc). There is the likelihood of 5 more character slots opening after an ongoing plot concludes.
    Did you have any vampire venue questions?

I think I am leaning in that direction. I'll go poke the wait list.

+ Reply to Thread