Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2110) Beyond the Carousel

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Oct 24, 2021 : (2110) Eternal Seasons
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

0 Scenes

Last day! I'm hopping onto Rlyeh and getting a post out!

2. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Presance
    (There)
    Dex ●●●●●●
    (Nimble)
    Allies
    (Street)
    R'lyeh

New ID: Riley Rivers | Danger Sense | Direction Sense | Trained Memory | Trained Observer | Allies (Street) |
    Mask

A slim Caucasian women, with frayed, frizzy bleached hair, chapped lips and irritated, red skin surrounding her eyes.

Underneath her clothes are a myriad of scars, most notably on her back shaping like wings, and her stomach, Great wide slashes that never healed correctly.
    Mien

Oil black, miasma purple, and dishwater white, the pallet of the fox girl drowning in crude oil, her hair continues to spill only halted by her triangular fox ears, popping from the side of her head.

Miasma fur lay neatly with dirty glass & black ice feathers, with a trio of smog-smoke tails, easily seen now, is a slash across her throat, yowling open. Acts more like tattoo now, withrows of yellow fangs, and a wet looking tongue lolling out.
    Mantle 1

The feeling of sunbaked heat of a Summer roadtrip, paired with the wafting smell of gasoline from a roadstop.

PRE

Blightbent Riddleseeker

Her ears droop as she answers, looking off into the middle distance, avoiding Gerrit's eye. "I'm gonna try," a moment, "S'that why you're here to?" focus returning, nodding as he explains how long he's been here. Not that long, but very, very long all the same. Especially considering her almost six months....that was an eternity to the drowned fox. "it's not that...reading. But yes reading. It's more that I like learning." she explains. "And books-libraries are easy-cheap ways to do that." she explains, drowning the feeling that her admittance can-would be used to track-trap her. She closes her eyes and leans into the feeling of safety-home-trust the Wyrdstone provides. They were Freeholders. Not enemies-Them-Loyalist-Privateers. She swallows around the thought that even with that trust-feeling she was still her. gross-bad-wrong easy enough for everyone to -

Well. There was a reason why she came to Sacramento. And why six months was an eternity to stay in one place.

"You have a whole flower shop? That's really cool," bright eyed, and earnest. "Do you know a lot about flowers? How to make bouquets? And how not to kill a plant? Do you have Contracts for flowers? Do they help with the flowers? Do you do events? Or is it people-come-in-and-buy-flowers?" questions bubble out from the fox, tail swaying ears perked forward.
    Wyrd ●●● | Heath: | Willpower: | Glamour: | Mantle and Noteable Merits in Minisheet

4. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Gerrit followed R'lyeh's look to somewhere. Not looking at each other was probably for the better, since steeled resolve and hidden sorrow only went that far. "I'm trying to. I guess it won't surprise you when I say it's anything but easy." That sounded bleak, even to himself. Still, if she wanted conforming lies she'd have to meet up with a Spring Courtier. He sighed slightly. "But then again: none of the things worth fighting for are."

He listened to the Elemental's explanation slightly confused, but the deluge of questions made put things into perspective. Learning. Was she trying to re-learn how to be human? Had she forgotten what she knew during her time there? He wanted to ask those questions but reconsidered. For the first time R'lyeh seemed to have put away her shy demeanor, she looked positively excited. So Gerrit did his best to hide his surprise at the many sudden questions and answered each of them with deliberation. "Uh, so I have learned some things about plants and flowers. Nothing too in-depth, mostly just ways to care for them - how not to kill them if you will. I do know how to make bouquets and arrangements. They may not be works of art, but I think they come out pretty swell." A moment of hesitation when she asked about Contracts. He never had that kind of connection to them and he wondered if it was even possible for someone like him to strike a Contract with plants. Ogres were meant to destroy, after all. "No Contracts. I kind of do it the old-fashioned way." He tried a soft chuckle, but the lack of heartfelt chuckles in the past made it come out awkward.

"People come in whenever they feel like it and can buy stuff. I haven't considered events yet, I wanted to fully establish myself for what service I usually provide." He looked around, into the darkness of the autumn evening. It was getting late. "So again: if you feel like it you can stop by. If it's not busy I could show you some things." And because that almost sounded like an invitation to a date - at least to the Ogre that had been burned for his impatience before - he quickly added. "Or you can bringt your friend along. Uh, the one you were standing by at the Coronation."

With less than a day, I'm good with closing this. Thank you for the fun scene!

6. Likes liked this post

0 Scenes

Nothing is ever easy. Be it, living and staying, finding a connection and thriving. These two individuals brought together with a desire to be outside, but still a part of, know this, intimately.

End Scene!

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread