(Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Circle of Creation is the gathering hub for all Pentacle mages in the Sacramento Concilium, with chapter houses for all five Orders inside.

Located east of Sacramento and far outside the prying eyes of the inner city, the Circle of Creation awaits the mages of Sacramento. Despite being a replica of the Westminster Abbey, the sleepers who come by never seem to notice it. The wards built into the structure have made sure of this. To all but the Pentacle the Circle is essentially invisible, ensuring the safety of those who enter and engage with one another. Whether it had always been here for the Awakened was hard to say now, but it was the site that the Awakened gather to mingle and discuss official matters.

It is a time for simply for mingling among the Awakened. The common area is large and open, but over the course of the month it's inevitable that people may bump into each other. The official concerns of the Consilium are put on hold as a more lighthearted experience is shared among this community of the Wise. Ultimately, this is the opportunity to let the proverbial hair down. How much so is up to them.

This is the opening post for Sanctuary. Please read this for information on Sanctuary, Consilium, and the difference the two. Come here to be recognized!

Also a reminder, Sanctuary threads are not official Consilium threads. Those under an incarceration sentence may not attend a Sanctuary thread.

Sanctuary is not a single event, or formal Consilium. It's a compression of time to represent the comings, goings, and intersections of Awakened throughout the month at the Circle.
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

2. Likes Ruach, BoxingUnicorn, liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple
     Improvised out-of-path, ExitScene

PRE

Corn comes up from the Athenaum, stretching his legs. Today he's dressed in casual clothes of not too somber clothes, thick enough for the season. He is anxious for Kaze , Guru , Crystal or Eulogy to show up, so he can ask them about their cabal.
    He looks the empty halls around him. He was too eager. Nobody is here yet.
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

4. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

It was a new month. Which meant another gathering.

And sure, she could skip it, but she didn’t feel like it. She wanted to be around others right now. Loneliness was eating her alive at the moment.

Walking in, she was sipping from a travel mug and dressed rather casually.

Black pants, flannel shirt and a black leather jacket. Sure, the flannel wasn’t buttoned all the way, but so what. She liked how it looked. And double sided tape was an amazing invention!

Spotting Corn, a free hand was raised, small smile tugging at her lips, “Hey.” Would it be a quiet meeting?

6. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

"Hi Aurora!" Corn replied, returning her smile. "Dashing, as always. Aren't you cold in that? November afternoons are a bit chilly. What did you do during Hallowing? Personally I couldn't get much done about order business. Spending time back in my hometown during Hallowing and Maria was in the city for most of the month, meaning I was in "sleeper mode" for most of the time.
    Some students wanted me to attend a Hallowing party and since I am well known and respected
    " Corn said mocking himself, "the university thought it would be OK for me and my wife to attend and keep an eye on things as the party happened in University grounds. A lot of colorful costumes. It reminded us we're not that old.

Then, it was other family stuff in here, with relatives. Those are not of the happy kind. A loved one's condition is getting worse. I may find myself tending the bookstore more. The treatments are not that expensive, but we may need to get a nurse for more hours and that will require funds.
    There is also another issue, that I would like to discuss with you and some of the others I can trust about at some point. What we discussed a few months ago...
    " Corn touched his belly to remind Aurora what he was talking about " ... happened by nature without any intervention from the supernatural. Maria doesn't know yet. I assure you, it is a lot to take on. I am both jubilant and afraid. My... other life, this life makes things even more complicated.
    I have many questions and concerns and I would be grateful if I could discuss them with a Master and some other more cool-headed individuals from our small society here.
    "

Since it's quiet here at the time, and more than 48 hours have passed, I think I am allowed to reply to Aurora.

8. Likes Aeolus, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Crystal had a bad feeling entering the Circle. He had another conversation with Kaze and what he was told didn't bode well for the Cabal. Fuck, he really didn't care too much about what this would look like or what that meant for the Caretakers - they would bounce back - but he lost a friend for God knows how long.

Fuck, Kaze really wouldn't have approved of using the Lord's name in vain. Ugh.

So Crystal did what every sensible man would do when they weren't feeling too hot: he dressed up. This year's fall was all about colors reminiscent of spring and summer, layers and asymmetry. But man, not even this ensemble by Hermčs could really cheer him up. Sure, the pine green turtleneck was really soft, the baggy pants and his designer sneakers were really comfortable and the coat suited him like.. well, frankly like everything. But over the last year he slowly grew to care less about those things. He cared about people now. Well, selected people.

But he was Councilor now, and they really shouldn't see him sweat. Crystal put on his big boy pants and a radiant smile and approached the few Awakened gathered. He waited for Corn's extensive retelling of how he spent is time to offer an opening. "Oh hi. Is this the inpromptu Mysterium meeting-" an appreciative look at Aurora, followed by a whistle. "Or the Sacramento fashion show?" Yeah, that's it. That's the Crystal they knew and loved.
    The last part of the Necromancer's monologue made Crystal raise an eyebrow. "Uh, I have an idea but just to be sure: what are you talking about?"

10. Likes Ruach, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A smile, then shake of her head, “Not really. And if I was, it would be worth it.” And if she really got cold? Life Master. And leather jacket.

“Oh, I worked an event.” She just hadn’t felt like dressing up and going out this year. "Money was too good to turn down." and she was still the best in her field. "Sounds like you had fun though!"

Then came the word vomit. So many words. So much going on, and she tries to follow.

Truth be told, she didn’t care about his sleeper life. It was a risk and she preferred to distance herself from it.

But she focuses, cause it seems important to him. And then came something she did care about.

An eyebrow was arched, “Well, congrats?” cause that’s what you said right? “If you want to talk privately about it, we can set something up. I’m self-employed, so I can be available whenever. But yes, it is going to complicate things. It was not only a personal issue, but one that others could have issues with.

Her attention was pulled to Crystal when he walked in. Straight off a runway.

Smirking, “I think if it was a fashion show, it would be all you.” She just felt like having today.

Looking to Corn, “It’s up to him if he wants to share. Or wait until we have a more private setting.” Not trying to exclude Crystal, but it was Corns private life. Need to respect that.

Sipping her coffee, “So how you been? Anything exciting going on?”

12. Likes BoxingUnicorn, Aeolus liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    Mana: 9/9
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

Belle trots into the Circle, having just taken a jog in the cool air. She was wanting to get into more shape before her next sparring session with Phoenyx. That, and she was just itching to see some people.

"Hey gang! How's it going?" It looked like the Mysterium had briefly commandeered the Circle. Maybe this was a planning session for Guru's welcome party? She makes a beeline for Crystal and gives him a friendly punch to the shoulder. "What's up, Counsilor? Any official Warlock business?" She looks up at her fellow Warlock with a sympathetic smile. She wonders how Kaze's departure would effect the big Cabal announcement. But she has faith in her friend.

14. Likes Ruach, Aeolus liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

PRE

Corn nodded to Aurora 's suggestion for a more private meeting. To Crystal he gave a polite greeting and told him "I will tell you more at another time." before turning to Belle .
    "Hello fellow Mystagogues. Since we're here and Guru with his baked goods is not, should we discuss how his welcome party should go?" Corn said turning his attention to Crystal. He was not-subtly giving the vibe that" discuss about the party" actually meant "hear Crystal's ideas about the party and what he has organized".

16. Likes Ruach, Aeolus, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

He smirked some more and actually bowed slightly when Aurora turned the compliment around. That was one of the many reasons why he like the Shaman. And just like that the super secret topic they had been discussing out in the open was dropped. Which was fine by the Warlock. "Alright."

His smile was almost dropped for a moment as Aurora asked him if there was anything interesting. Almost. "Eh, probably also one of those topics for another day." He didn't want to spread Kaze's private matters willy-nilly and he didn't know how much the others knew. "It's been pretty calm. I mean, it's always been but I kinda expected the last official meeting to be different." Heavy was the head that wore the crown after all. Or a fifth of the crown.

Speaking of: Belle found her way here, almost completing the Mysterium's presence in Sacramento. "Heeey, my loyal subject. I was meaning to talk to you about how ridiculously good the Mastigos of this city are looking. You think there's anything we can do about?" He even pulled out a finger gun and shot her with a wink. Funny thing was, he thought he left that fake guy behind after coming here.

A heavy sigh when Corn kept bugging him about the party. "Look, I'm sorry that we are the only option for you to have a night off of your marital duties. I've been thinking about just inviting you over to my place - it has privacy and a big couch. Or were you expecting something more extravagant?"

18. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A free hand was raised, “Hey Belle.” Greeted the Shaman, sipping her coffee, watching the interactions.

The nod was returned to Corn, “Just give me a call when you want to meet up.” She wasn’t sure what more she could tell him or help him with. But, fuck it, she’d try.

Shrugging, “Not sure if this is the best place to plan a Mysterium party. This area is used for Concilium business as a whole. Maybe we can get a group chat going, or meet up after and plan.” She offers.

Glancing to Crystal, there was another nod, “OK, so drinks at my place again?” she asks with a smirk.

20. Likes BoxingUnicorn, Ruach liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread