Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2110) Eternal Seasons

THREADID
DISPLAYED
(2110) Beyond the Carousel
Nov 5, 2021 - Nov 23, 2021
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes
      Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

Sonnie slurped from her soda cup, through the straw, as she listened to Circe explain her appearance. Nonchalantly, the Claviger nodded. "Oh, good. A bit more direct than how I dealt with a pet abuser, but broken teeth is effective. Is the puppy in a shelter now?"

She laughed, "Fugly only bites food."

The arrival of another Beast got Sonnie's attention instantly. Her own Seeming was so rare in this town. She gasped, sharp eyes scanning over the stranger, then said in a stage whisper, "Kitty cat!"
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Liam's words get a smug smile from Circe, "I am rather whimsical in which faces I crush," she folds her arms as she proudly nods in agreement with that. At least for Liam's sake she'd not been offended by that.

Circe can't help but laugh at Anatole's question, "Oh ho ho ho ho! Yes Anatole, there are so many golden nuggest of film hidden in the shit storm of media."

Then to Sonja Wu with the answer that she can't give without incrimination spreading, "Uh, no. The owner was very upset with the asshole. Might not be done correcting the asshole yet," she mumbles something about experts, shoes, and possibly something staring with the phrase seam. Circe had suggested it as a joke, but that man had really loved his puppy.

"Veronica, that cat dragged herself in!" Circe opens both arms wide in greeting, "Yes, this is the right place, oh wait," she looks around for someone. Okay. Well, she could do it instead then. "Uh," she looks at Veronica. "Aspetta un attimo," she goes off to somewhere whilst saying this and is briefly out of sight.

Not out of earshot. Wherever Circe just wnet, she makes a lot of noise. After several minutes, Circe returns with the Wyrdstone, clutched securely in her left hand against her chest. "Okay! Ain't the season of Wrath, but I am Groundskeeper fer this club. I can swear ya in good and proper Ronnie," blue lips part in a toothy smile.

Circe fishes out her smart phone and makes a show of reading it. In the darkness, it is quite clear it is off. "So Veronica? Do ya swear ta protect and defend this Freehold, its members, and ta oppose the Fae and their minions, never intentionally offering aid ta those foes?" She pockets the phone, "If ya say yes, then say it upon this rock, and ya are stoned inta our club."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.

PRE

Smith

Anatole chuckles and nods along to the Crimson Sovereign's booming laugh.

His attention is drawn, like the rest of them, to the newcomer among them. An eyebrow shoots up as Sonnie Wu begins her customary theatrics - his usual snide expression completely softened by the smile he is attempting to suppress. He stands, brushes off his knees, and bobs his head.

"Well then... I suppose an introduction is in order. Call me Anatole. My friend here is Sonnie Wu and I'm sure you'll get on wonderfully..."

His voice tapered off as he began a study of Veronica Shaw - particularly the ghost fire sparking and dancing around her feline ears.

"Impressive connection to your Court, I say."

He might have added more but his attention was completely taken by Circe's rapid disappearance and re-appearance.

4. Likes Aeolus, , BoxingUnicorn liked this post

0 Scenes

Just to make things clear Veronica will need to spend 1 Glamour to the Wyrdstone to bind herself to it and to the Freehold!

6. Likes Origins liked this post
    Giant
    (7 feet tall; not fond of low ceilings)
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Mien: Liam's skin is hardened into a bark-like armor with pine cone-like ridges throughout. His hair is made of pine needles that act a bit like a hedgehog's quills; standing up when agitated or smooth when calm. His eyes are a deep amber and his tears appear to have the consistency of sap until they leave his face.

Mantle: The scent of pine sap in a close radius, his needle-like hair ripples occasionally as if tugged by a light breeze.
    Combat Stats

Def: 2 (Dex/Wits)
    Armor: 0/0
    Initiative: 5
    Speed: 12 (w/ Fleet of Foot)

Ogre Seeming Bonus
    -Add Glam to Str pools (1 per Glam)

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

There's a sudden flurry of activity, and Templeton cowers in his carrier. "Aww, come on buddy. What's the matter?" Liam speaks soothingly to the rat. Then that new voice pulls the Giant's attention, and he sees he burning felid Veronica.

"Oh! Hello there!" It seems like Circe knows this Lost rather well, so Liam holds on introductions until the swearing in is complete. There's an odd, wisp-like quality to those flames around her form that reminds him of Titania, the celestial Fairest. But where her wisps seemed cold and starlike, this Lost's orbs and flares reminded him of hearthfire and the tickling glows of summer sun. An odd comfort, considering his usual aversion to fire. Funny how Mantles work like that.

8. Likes Aeolus, liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (sexy)
    Dexterity
    (dancer's grace)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Allies
    (Street)
    Veronica Shaw

Mien

An almost normal looking woman with bright yellow eyes, tawny coloured cat ears and a tail with a tuft of fur at the end. Her hands are clawed, but carefully maintained to not interfere with everyday life and deal damage if necessary. Soft fur runs the full length of her spine and covers the back of her palms and forearms, disappearing at the elbows.
    Mantle

The ends of her ears and tail burn with the harmless fire; sudden movements causing the birth of sparks.
    Her scent is reminiscent of the pine forest, the Mantle adding strong smoky notes to it, like a night bonfire on a camping trip.
    When she walks into the room, it feels like a gust of the hot wind, settling on the skin with its warmth. To some, it is comforting, to some, stifling.

(Wyrdstone)Glamour 1 Spent
    FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Hunterheart

All eyes on her now, Veronica's heart settled - she was used to being the centre of attention. She even added a theatrical 'rawr' at the fellow Beast girl, yellow eyes glittering with mirth.

"Excuse you, the only drag this cat does is the occasional performance," walking closer to the group, Veronica laughed at the Summer Queen. The foreign language went right over her head though, "The what?.. The... Okay, then," she mumbled, leaving Circe to her own devices.

Instead, she listened to the introductions, studying the other Lost with unmasked curiosity. The clash of Mantles transformed the space they shared, her own extending outward and warming the autumn air. The wisps of peaches from.. Sonnie, apparently, her name was mixed with hues of pine from the Ogre, making Veronica feel almost like home for a moment.

"Summer loves me as much as I love her, I say," the Beast chuckled, before her attention was stolen by the Circe's return.

More pointedly, by the unusual gem in her hands, gleaming even in the darkness like it was alive. Lost in the tracing the swirls inside with her eyes, Veronica almost missed the entire speech her Queen gave, snapping back with a start.

"Oh.. Oh! You mean like... right now? Yup, got it," Well that was quick.

She still not sure why the pledge must be done one the rock of all things, but it looked important enough.

Tentatively, she extended a hand to it, the touch light and careful. There was something to it, something within, waiting, wanting. Taking a breathe, Veronica proclaimed, "I swear to protect and defend this Freehold with all that I am against the Fae and their minions, and never intentionally help our foes." Like it would a pledge, she concentrated on more than words, but the fabric of this world that listened to them always, offering up a part of her power to it to stand witness.

And amazingly, the Glamour was whisked away, sinking into the Wyrdstone before Veronica slowly took her hand back.

Weird!

With that settled, Veronica looked around at her new family, grinning. "By the way, I am Shaw. Veronica Shaw," she introduced herself, wiggling her brows dramatically before throwing her hair over a shoulder, a shower of harmless sparks lighting up the darkness with the gesture. "Nice to meet you all."

<--Mantle in the minisheet.

10. Likes Yumyumcrow, Aeolus, Origins liked this post

0 Scenes

When the Summer sees the Glamour off to the Wyrdstone, she understands why she had to swear to the stone, or a sliver of why. Suddenly the feeling of being the odd man out disappears, and she's a part of the group, the clan, fam, Freehold. She feels the beating heart of the ruling Monarch sink into her bones and feels the oneness and trust and knows she is home.

Veronica Shaw can increase her Freehold Status to 1
    Last edited by Saber Sloth; Nov 19th, 2021 at 11:25 AM.

12. Likes Aeolus, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes
      Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

"Our magic friendship rock is pretty cool," the Monkey nodded, as she watched Veronica take the oath. She felt the connection form between the Hunterheart and the rest of the Lost present. It was a reassuring feeling.

"Ooooooo!" She marveled at the sparks that flew from the newcomer's hair. A trick of the mantle, probably, but Sonnie liked shiny things. Then she laughed, "Oh, doing the 007 introduction? I'm Wu, Sonnie Wu." There was some attempt at an English accent towards the end, but it was in no way convincing.

She's really hot.

Shush.

She rawr'd at me.

Check out her ass.

Shut. Up.

After spacing out for a moment, the Claviger shook her head and refocused on what was happening before her. "So, what brings you to Sacramento, Veronica?"
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Veronica's drag joke got a laugh out of Circe. And introductions were going off from the others to Veronica. When Anatole mentions his name, Circe chimes in with, "Also a badass."

"Team rage fer the win," Circe praises Veronica's claim of Summer's favor. And then nods her head at the question, "Yup, opportunity is knocking, get ta the Glamour rocking."

Circe secures the Wyrdstone in a large jacket pocket, usually used for a gun, after Veronica swears in. "Unofficial welcome from the bar is replaced by official welcome ta the Freehold," her red pupils sparkle on her black sclera. "More celebration, less hidden guns."

And Circe did know 007 just fine. It was amusing at least. "Kinda makes me wish I'd had a last name ta join in being a posh Brit," she shrugs, "I'll settle fer Smurfette. Gunbunny Smurfette," she bows with a smile directed at Sonja Wu.

Then looks ot Liam, "I suspect Templeton's instincts are triggering. Dangerous Summers equal predators. Fearing me is a good response," she assures him before smiling, "Or the fluffy kitty is scaring the lil' rat."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

15. Likes Aeolus, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.

PRE

Smith

A suspicious frown crossed Anatole's face briefly, mollifying into something much more curious as the newcomer interacted with the Wyrdstone. He sighed as the event wound down and turned his attention back to Veronica. His eyes slid from the Hunterheart when Sonnie Wu voiced the question common to them all.

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread