Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2110) Eternal Seasons

THREADID
DISPLAYED
(2110) Beyond the Carousel
Nov 5, 2021 - Nov 23, 2021
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

"Hi Treebeard!" Sonja waved happily at Liam as the wooden Ogre arrived just after she did.

An innocent smile was given to Anatole, as if she had no idea what he meant. As if.

In any case, she forged ahead with the dwarf's question. "My feet brought me here! Went to the movies. Now I'm here. Walking is neat!"

The Beast blinked as Gerrit and Ryleh maneuvered away from the original grouping. "Okie dokie." Then she shrugged. It was fine. Some people didn't handle crowds well. She looked back to Anatole, "And what brought you here?"
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

2. Likes Aeolus, , Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe arrived quite late, notably her current suit more unkempt then usual. She was rocking massive tear removing the lower half of her right sleeve, plus a few tears on the right chest. Blue skin visible through the former, dress shirt through the latter.

And her shoes? They looked a little more red added to their black.

But she wasn't going to let some business problems that stop her from attending. The Summer Larcenist storms in, heading towards the BAMF dwarf, treeman, and bouncy monkey upon spotting them. "Ciao da amici, rimarrò un po 'e ascolterò," she loudly greets as she walks up to the group. Not going to the carousel.

Mostly because Sonja might ask her to hot wire it.

"So I was driving by after profit and fun, decided ta park here ta land," she waves her arms wide, "Sounds fitting, right? Waz up?"
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

4. Likes Aeolus, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.
    Anatole Scenes

PRE

Smith

"Very good."

Teeth flash in his beard as Gerrit and Rlyeh create some space. An eyebrow raises and then sinks; the dwarf inclines his head briefly, more for the Ogre's benefit. His attention snapped back to Sonnie Wu.

"Feet? Movies? Ah - what did you see? As for me? Well... Someone has to keep watch in case we gather as a company. It would be terribly lonely out here, alone, at night. And its the best way to connect, after all..."

He was clearly building toward a theme here but the words died on his lips as the Crimson Sovereign made her loud appearance. A line forms across his effusive curls; a frown forms a curly knot on his forehead; he stares Circe up and down.

"Business and pleasure, then."

The wizened grunted.

"We are just gathering for an evening. Gerrit has moved over there to enjoy some solitude with Rlyeh, I am assuming. Sonnie was discussing... movies?"

Giant
    (7 feet tall; not fond of low ceilings)
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Mien: Liam's skin is hardened into a bark-like armor with pine cone-like ridges throughout. His hair is made of pine needles that act a bit like a hedgehog's quills; standing up when agitated or smooth when calm. His eyes are a deep amber and his tears appear to have the consistency of sap until they leave his face.

Mantle: The scent of pine sap in a close radius, his needle-like hair ripples occasionally as if tugged by a light breeze.
    Combat Stats

Def: 2 (Dex/Wits)
    Armor: 0/0
    Initiative: 5
    Speed: 12 (w/ Fleet of Foot)

Ogre Seeming Bonus
    -Add Glam to Str pools (1 per Glam)

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

Liam watches Gerrit and R'lyeh split off from the group. The Spring in him feels a bit sad, but maybe the two of them just preferred smaller conversations? I'll have to keep that in mind for the future. He'd like to get to know the two Lost better, but he'd wait for it to be on their terms. "We'll be here." Liam gives a friendly smile to Gerrit in particular.

"Movies? Nice! What did you go see? I haven't been out to the movies in a while." Maybe one of the Hollows could host a movie night? Something to think about...

Circe's appearance startles Liam and he moves in a bit closer to her.
    "Oh my gosh! Are you okay Circe?" Is that blood on her shoes? "What's the other guy look like?" He trusted the Summer Queen could handle herself in a one-on-one, but he didn't like the idea of someone picking fights out of the blue.

Hoping not to offend Circe too much with his attention, he gestures down to his pet carrier. "Oh! Sorry, got distracted. I've been taking Templeton out on a walk. Sonnie's been giving me lessons on chatting to rodents." He gestures to Sonnie with a grateful nod. "It's been kind of hit-or-miss, but I'm still learning. And he's a charming little animal." The rat in the carrier sniffs the air and seems to retreat from Circe's scent.

7. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

"Oh, one of those Marvel movies," she answered Liam. Sonnie might have elaborated, but Circe suddenly showed up looking like a character straight out of an action movie. She blinked, surprised.

"Is this a new style you're trying out," she asked of the blue elf, "or is this something we probably want plausible deniability for?" Circe did have fingers in some... unsavory business. The Beast usually didn't pry, figuring it was wiser not to know too much, despite how much it itched her curiosity.
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

9. Likes Aeolus, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Ha!" She laughs as Anatole says that to her, "Always good ta mix the two Anatole," Circe gives a thumbs up.

So the Winter were being ninja? Makes sense. And movies? Liam's outburst gets her attention. "Huh?" It takes her a moment to get what he means. "Oh, this?" she motions to her damaged attire. "I'm good. It is the I'm protective of pets fashion," she winks at Sonja Wu, "Ya don't want ta know the full details. Suffice ta say, some asshole shouldn't have been hitting a puppy. Said asshole lost teeth."

And said puppy happened to be pet to the asshole's boss's boss too. Lucky for Circe.

Wait? Liam had the rat with him? Circe's ears fold up and down as she looks over Liam in confusion. "Where," when she heard Templeton and walk she though like a dog. The Larcenist then notices the carrying case, "Oh, there her is. Give him a bowtie, get him on a harness, and cuteness bait." The blueberry elf turns to Sonnie, "I personally think Fugly is cuter. Of course, a Fugly hasn't bitten me, so I'm biased."

"Just the Marvel movies? The newer ones right? Not the 70s trash ones? I prefer Robert Downey Jr. series." Circe had recalled seeing the latter as some of her least fun memories from before Arcadia. Newer was better in this case.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

11. Likes Aeolus, BoxingUnicorn, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.
    Anatole Scenes

PRE

Smith

A wry smirk crawled up one side of Anatole's face.

"We live in a world of plausible deniability."

Turning more to Circe with his eyebrows rising.

"You mean there are... other... movies? Not that I know. They all tend to blur into one for me. They are... cute... don't you think?"

13. Likes Origins, Aeolus, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Giant
    (7 feet tall; not fond of low ceilings)
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Mien: Liam's skin is hardened into a bark-like armor with pine cone-like ridges throughout. His hair is made of pine needles that act a bit like a hedgehog's quills; standing up when agitated or smooth when calm. His eyes are a deep amber and his tears appear to have the consistency of sap until they leave his face.

Mantle: The scent of pine sap in a close radius, his needle-like hair ripples occasionally as if tugged by a light breeze.
    Combat Stats

Def: 2 (Dex/Wits)
    Armor: 0/0
    Initiative: 5
    Speed: 12 (w/ Fleet of Foot)

Ogre Seeming Bonus
    -Add Glam to Str pools (1 per Glam)

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

Liam breathes a sigh of relief. "I'm just glad you're alright. Anybody who picks a fight with you has to have had it coming." Circe was tough, that much at least he could rest in.

"Oh yeah! I've heard of those. Iron Man, Captain America, those guys." He shrugs. "I've been more of a DC fan myself. Call me crazy, but I've always wanted to fly like Superman or transform like Martian Manhunter." That, and his five years in Arcadia had cut into his enjoyment of most films, let alone the vast string of Marvel films.

Liam smiles, glad that Circe wasn't too sore over Templeton's aggressive introduction to the Lost of Sacramento. "I'll have to ask him if he'd like an outfit. Maybe he's a classy rat?" ​He did know that one Disney movie with a rat chef. Maybe Templeton would be the kind of critter who liked dressing up?

15. Likes Origins, , Aeolus, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (sexy)
    Dexterity
    (dancer's grace)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Allies
    (Street)
    Veronica Shaw

Mien

An almost normal looking woman with bright yellow eyes, tawny coloured cat ears and a tail with a tuft of fur at the end. Her hands are clawed, but carefully maintained to not interfere with everyday life and deal damage if necessary. Soft fur runs the full length of her spine and covers the back of her palms and forearms, disappearing at the elbows.
    Mantle

The ends of her ears and tail burn with the harmless fire; sudden movements causing the birth of sparks.
    Her scent is reminiscent of the pine forest, the Mantle adding strong smoky notes to it, like a night bonfire on a camping trip.
    When she walks into the room, it feels like a gust of the hot wind, settling on the skin with its warmth. To some, it is comforting, to some, stifling.

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Hunterheart

Finding her way to the Funderland was easy. Finding her way to the actual destination of the night - that was the challenge. The closed off park was dark and suitably creepy, all ready made set for some B-rate horror movie, making Veronica look over her shoulder every other step, her Mantle ticking up in strength at her nervousness, the flames burning bright striving to light up the darkness.

One thing good came out of the quiet - it made hearing the voices that much easier, a much needed beacon to guide the Beast to the assembly of the other Lost. One voice in particular was familiar.

"Circe, hi," she called from a good distance away. It was never a good idea to be the stranger to come up on other of their kind without an invitation and hopefully showing that she knew somebody here would do the trick and save everybody some worry.

As Veronica drew closer, she could make out the details of the people in attendance. Some were harder to miss than other; like the towering Ogre with a bark-like skin. Circe's blues were familiar, and another Beast near her was much more interesting in the moment, Veronica's ears perking up at the sight of her, the fiery tail swishing side to side in both greeting and caution. A much older gentleman seemed to almost blend into the shadows around him, hard to notice and harder to look away from, his scarred skin making Veronica wince internally in sympathy.

"Seems like I'm in the right place," she finally called, hands straightening the hem of her miniskirt as she glanced at Circe for confirmation.

<--Mantle in the minisheet.

17. Likes Yumyumcrow, Origins, BoxingUnicorn liked this post

0 Scenes

7 days left!

Circe will have to speed run Veronica Shaw 's swearing into the Wyrdstone!

19. Likes Origins liked this post
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread