Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Necessary conventions

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Presence
    (magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (exotic)
    Distinctive Voice
    (low and textured)
    New identity
    (Wei Lin Carter)
    Wei Lin

+1
    SL
    +0.5
    DV
    PRE

Even a sliver of emotion felt like a victory with this man. Wei Lin noted herself a score for that one, already thinking of new ways to knock the man from his frozen throne of impassion.

And here they were, relegating like an old married couple, how lovely. Still, the Succubus watched Milton carefully, watchful of any dishonesty, as being useless was about as enticing as walking into the sun. "Then I'll leave it in your capable hands... For now." But maybe he was right on this one, certainly in the regard of her taking the lead. However convincing with orders he might be, such powers rarely did any good with more gentle, humane approach they favoured themself.

Their official matters momentarily settles, the Succubus relaxed marginally. "I have a day job, which has little to do with most of my income. As to... consulting, that one I prefer to keep as far away from official eye as possible, as do most of my clients." After all official income walked hand in hand with taxes and permits and all sorts of legal hurdles that Wei Lin had no desire to engage in.

And here came the danger too. Not just from the Kine's justice system, but from the Kindred intrigue. However harmless Northbridge might appear, Wei Lin has no doubt he'd sell whoever he needed to get what he wanted. The catch is, they would know from where the wind was blowing, and sharp smile on the Succubus face carried an implicit warning not to do what one would certainly regret down the line.

They filed away his words for a later day. Their own assets are still in a frightful state of relocating and so had little need for outside managing, but one might never know what comes in the future. Not to mention they had clients who might very well use Milton's services and mutual favours is how the Kindred society functioned. "Likewise, Mr. Northbridge. Should you require a gentle and discreet touch of truth, don't hesitate to give me a call." They added a quick wink to it, a little barb to see the reaction along with advertisement. Their clients came as much from gangs as from corporate towers, both eager to find an edge over their competitors.

A quick look at their phone before they closed the notes app and slipped the device in their purse. "As I believe we have all matters settled, shall we convene on another night for our foray into the factory? I'd hate to keep you," or let you keep me, they smiled politely but with a touch of respect for their partner in future crime.
    BP: 2

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

"For now," he echoes, seemingly unmoved by the conditional. "I'll be sure to loop you in once I've exhausted my efforts." That topic, it seems, is settled. Accordingly, Milton closes his laptop and stores it back in its bag.

"All clients prefer discretion, or so I've found..." He taps a finger on the table once, twice, three times. "If any of yours should require...financial services, please feel free to refer them to me." There are ways to make dirty money clean. And Milton knows a good many of them.

At her prompting, Milton stands, laptop bag in hand: "Very good. Thank you for the productive meeting. I'll get to work directly and touch base once everything's in order." He steps to the door and opens it, holding it for the Succubus. A perfect gentleman as always.

Thanks for the scene! Please feel free to have the last word when you close out the thread. I'll get a post up this weekend re: Milton's background efforts and then we can move this over to the factory thread.
    Health: Vitae: WP: BP: 1

Presence
    (magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (exotic)
    Distinctive Voice
    (low and textured)
    New identity
    (Wei Lin Carter)
    Wei Lin

+1
    SL
    +0.5
    DV
    PRE

"I'll be sure to remember you," Wei Lin nodded. Chances are, if her business in Sacramento went well she'd be one of those clients soon enough. Always good to have a money guy who knew enough to be useful and was careful not to become a burden instead.

"It was my pleasure, Mr. Northbridge." And if we'll be working together just as well going forward, we'll find that killer faster than I thought. "I'll be waiting for your word then. Have a most pleasant night."

As she glided past him, Wei Lin offered a soft smile and a gentle touch on his forearm, so light it would be barely felt through the fabric of his suit. A gesture of respect and another probing at Milton's mask all in one; the Daeva never surrendered their amusements lightly.

Yay, that was fun!
    BP: 2

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread