Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

PrP TAH Ninjas in the Hollow

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    Merit (Arcadian Body:Str)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    New ID (Andrew Sarcacious)
    Mantle (Summer)
    (+1 Athletics, Sounds of Battle)
    Ram

Mask
    Six foot, barrel chested, and didn't skip leg day. Ram is a muscle bound behemoth. His face and body are scarred from numerous injuries and his movements look stilted with pain occasionally. Still, his craggy face does soften occasionally.

Mien
    Ram looks like he could knuckle walk if he wanted. His arms and chest are enormous. More akin to a gorilla than human. His skin is an amalgamation of stony hide with fire cracks running through it and pieces of Fey machinery grafted at the joints. Segmented pieces of metal are bolted to run down his spine legs. Wood covers his skull with willow leaves providing hair, while curved bone horns sprout from the foliage.

PRE

Ram... Tobias really needed to work more on the Summer hollow, he thought as he entered through the door with a hole in the center. The mediation garden remained mundane at least and uninfected by the Hedge. However, the rest still looked like blasted black soil. Which was fine for basic combat practice. However, it left something to be desired in terms of storing things.

The Ogre touched one of the runes that floated through the air, only visible to those that had contributed to the Summer center. Their defenses, provided by Circe. Still needed to contribute.

However, between getting into his fetch's life and... everything else... it would probably still be a while.

In the mean time, it was still a good meeting place for a quick talk on how to find a fetch

And kill it.

Circe
    Liam
    Worm
    Render | Strength 6 | Mantle 1 Distant sounds of battle

2. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Giant
    (7 feet tall; not fond of low ceilings)
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Mien: Liam's skin is hardened into a bark-like armor with pine cone-like ridges throughout. His hair is made of pine needles that act a bit like a hedgehog's quills; standing up when agitated or smooth when calm. His eyes are a deep amber and his tears appear to have the consistency of sap until they leave his face.

Mantle: The scent of pine sap in a close radius, his needle-like hair ripples occasionally as if tugged by a light breeze.
    Combat Stats

Def: 2 (Dex/Wits)
    Armor: 0/0
    Initiative: 5
    Speed: 12 (w/ Fleet of Foot)

Ogre Seeming Bonus
    -Add Glam to Str pools (1 per Glam)

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

Liam enters the Summer Hollow, a bag of pastries in hand. As the lone Spring in this hunting crew, Liam had thought it would be improper to not offer some form of refreshment. He waves to Ram. "Hey, Ram! Thanks for setting this up." He extends a long, branchlike arm for a handshake between the two Ogres. All things considered, he was eager for a chance to get to know Ram better as one of the few Ogres in the Freehold.

The Giant looks around the Hollow with admiration. "I've gotta say, you really have done some good things here. Is this some kind of garden?" The black soil does draw a visual reaction from him, as if blighted lands were something uncomfortably familiar.
    Hedge Patrol V: (Fast Reflexes 1 via Pledge)

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe's entry to the Hollow is in her full street regalia. Her choice of attire is denim long sleeve tunic and trousers. The laptop bag she carries is probably filled her options for fetch hunting.

The Summer Hollow was something she'd neglected in favor of her more mundane endeavors. And securing the caverns beneath Funderland. Destroying Ram's fetch. Looking into the mundy monster mashers, and how to bribe them safely. Okay, so Circe had been busy. "I believe Liam, that the garden has Zen given a mental purpose," of course she starts off with a pun.

"Ram,"
    she nods, "Thank ya fer doing this. We have both taken a lot on our plates, but" she nods to him. Then kicks at the black soil, "Black as coal. I think part of that song fits with Summer. Rather die then give ya control," Circe laughs, "Sounds Summery ta me. I should focus on Summer's demesne in the future."

Circe had gotten distracted with that tangent of speaking thoughts aloud.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

5. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    Merit (Arcadian Body:Str)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    New ID (Andrew Sarcacious)
    Mantle (Summer)
    (+1 Athletics, Sounds of Battle)
    Ram

Mask
    Six foot, barrel chested, and didn't skip leg day. Ram is a muscle bound behemoth. His face and body are scarred from numerous injuries and his movements look stilted with pain occasionally. Still, his craggy face does soften occasionally.

Mien
    Ram looks like he could knuckle walk if he wanted. His arms and chest are enormous. More akin to a gorilla than human. His skin is an amalgamation of stony hide with fire cracks running through it and pieces of Fey machinery grafted at the joints. Segmented pieces of metal are bolted to run down his spine legs. Wood covers his skull with willow leaves providing hair, while curved bone horns sprout from the foliage.

PRE

“No problem, Rhodes helped me with my fetch, only right I help him with his.”

He paused for a moment “And with it dead, I’ll be going by Tobias in Lost circles and Michael in mortal circles.” He scratched his horns, feeling awkward to bring up right now.

“But this,” he quickly moved on to indicate the garden “It’s a meditation area I made after going on a couple dream trips to help make things easier.”

“Which is kinda what I wanted to talk about.”
    Worm hadn’t arrived but they could catch him up “We don’t have a lot of time to hunt the fetch down, so we need a plan to do so if we want to win.”

“So,” he clapped his large hands together “This is going to be a quick and dirty planning session. Come up with a basic plan and then execute as soon as possible. That means doing this fast. Spit out what we know, and what we think is best course of action. Get it done."

"We know it’s a con artist. Know about what it looks like, plus or minus a decade or so. Know Rhodes knows a couple of its victims. Know we can track fetch’s through dreams. Know Circe’s got underworld connections. Know that fetch’s can ‘reflect’ magics. Or mirror them like mine did.”

“I don’t know how to cast a 'scope, or how long it takes. If any of us does, that would be my suggestion since I know it works. But,”
    he looked from them to the garden “I think mortal side investigation would be safer at this point and possibly faster.”
    Render | Strength 6 | Mantle 1 Distant sounds of battle

7. Likes Origins, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Giant
    (7 feet tall; not fond of low ceilings)
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Mien: Liam's skin is hardened into a bark-like armor with pine cone-like ridges throughout. His hair is made of pine needles that act a bit like a hedgehog's quills; standing up when agitated or smooth when calm. His eyes are a deep amber and his tears appear to have the consistency of sap until they leave his face.

Mantle: The scent of pine sap in a close radius, his needle-like hair ripples occasionally as if tugged by a light breeze.
    Combat Stats

Def: 2 (Dex/Wits)
    Armor: 0/0
    Initiative: 5
    Speed: 12 (w/ Fleet of Foot)

Ogre Seeming Bonus
    -Add Glam to Str pools (1 per Glam)

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

Circe's puns distract Liam just enough so that Ram's announcement catches him off guard. Pine-needle eyebrows shoot up in surprise. "Oh wow! Really" Had Ram mentioned his Fetch before? He thinks so. But he seemed...okay? "So, Tobias, eh? And Michael to the mundies? Well, pleased to meet you again, Tobias!" Liam offers an exaggerated gesture to Ram, hoping to ease a bit of the tension. "I'm glad you're taking it well."

But now the task at hand, from one Fetch to another. Liam strokes his chin as he ponders. "I'm not too sure about 'scopes', but if we know more about the Fetch's con victims then we could get an idea about where he might strike next. Does this guy scam people online? In-person? I could trying looking around at the club I work at." He wasn't much of a hunter himself, but he had plenty of history as a protector from his Arcadian days. "Oh! Sonnie's been teaching me how to talk to rats and mice and other critters. It might not be much, but if this guy hangs out in back alley places, it might be a good method to try."

The Damn Colonel
    Presence
    (Rakish)
    Summer Mantle
    (Heat Shimmer)
    Strength
    (Surprisingly Strong)
    Status, Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Languages
    (Spanish)
    Colonel Worm

Mask
    Worm is tall, whip thin, and corded with muscle. He's got more than a few scars. His eyes are blue and wild. His dirty blond hair is often greasy and worn short in the front, longer in the back—what some may call a mullet. There's always a mischievous smile on his lips. His wardrobe is extensive and totally crazy, filled with second-hand costumery and bizarre outfits scavenged from thrift-bins. The clothes reflect his attitude: Colonel Worm loves to make a scene and leave a lasting impression, for better or worse.

Mien
    Worm's mien is quintessential Goblin: he is taller, thinner, and more scarred. His skin is a bright red and his eyes a glaucous white (with no discernible pupils). What little hair he has is also white. His ears and nose are pointed and his hands and feet are approximately doubled in size. His muscles stand out like lengths of rope beneath his skin.
    Colonel Worm

Mantle
    The air around Worm shimmers and bends with heat mirage, something you might see coming off of blacktop on a 100 degree day.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Soldier

Worm comes barging into the Hollow with his typical chaotic energy, "Sorry! Sorry! I know I'm late! Got caught up with a really big meatball sub."

Indeed, he still has a hint of marinara sauce at the corners of his mouth. He's wearing a pair of Carhartt overalls with no shirt underneath and his usual white Crocs.

"So, what'd I miss??" Looking from Circe to Liam to Ram. Sure they'll fill him in.

10. Likes Origins, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe shakes her head to regain focus. Then nods when Ram brings up the previous fetch termination. Circe lets Ram say his plan with an approving look. Though she is going to insist on one thing. "I was quite the fight Toby. But Michael, I really want a tranq gun or riot rounds fer any mundy allies of the fetch THIS time. I'll see what I can scrounge up tonight."

Because she'd gotten her ass handed to her by trying to not murder a mortal pawn. She'd admit it, but she really wanted to fight her way.

"True," Circe says when her criminal contacts are brought up, "I am sure it ain't conned any of my favored clients. Because we still have a fetch ta hunt." She didn't feel the need to explain why.

As for what she could offer? There was two things. "I can see who knows what in the dark, workin' the streets or the web. It hasn't pissed off anyone big enough ta get killed, but gossip still happens. Dumbass got conned kind of shit. Could get me some favors if it HAS pissed off anyone big."

She also has another option. "Then there is just the computer end. I can hack a lot. Never done it, but I can try getting inta traffic cams ta track it down. But that has the risk of the cops coming fer us too," she taps the laptop bag's side, "I got access ta some databases from the last Fetch hunt. I can see what the cops have on the Fetch's con jobs. Just need victim names."

And the Colonel arrives. She turns upon him and starts talking. Quickly whilst gesticulating with her hands the whole time, "Hey Worm. No explanation, summary instead. We're plotting how ta investigate ta best find the fetch. Dream walking, working streets, online, and me buying a tranq gun fer shooting any mundy meat shield it has. Which can ya do?"
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

12. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Street, Clubs)
    Primal Urge
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Rhodes

Rhodes Scenes

Angular features, pointed ears. His jet-black hair bursts into bright red flowers and fine dark leaves about his ears forming a wreath of firey foliage that trailed just below his shoulders. Thin woody vines broached and twined across his milky-white skin, with leaves and budding flowers breaking into bloom at his cuffs.

Hedgespun coat - darkest thunderclouds, broiling and writhing, occasionally flashing as if lighting was happening on the other
    Phoenyx

Phoenyx Scenes

Nimbus: Scarlet flames rising out from her like giant sperading wings, and the sound of an eagle's screech.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Just give me a poke when you make rolls or whatever when you need info! I'll aim to stay nearby.
    "Why? Why? Why? WHY?"
    "Four excellent questions!"
    Martin Kreefe and Douglas Richardson, Cabin Pressure

14. Likes Endymion, BoxingUnicorn, Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe will probably opt for rolling Streetwise first and then Computers. Streets to find leads and computers for quickly confirm or plan B it using Brownie's Boone. Which is a total hax merit for computer rolls . This time I shall ask, how many rolls does Circe get to make for Streetwise and Computers?

16. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    The Damn Colonel
    Presence
    (Rakish)
    Summer Mantle
    (Heat Shimmer)
    Strength
    (Surprisingly Strong)
    Status, Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Languages
    (Spanish)
    Colonel Worm

Mask
    Worm is tall, whip thin, and corded with muscle. He's got more than a few scars. His eyes are blue and wild. His dirty blond hair is often greasy and worn short in the front, longer in the back—what some may call a mullet. There's always a mischievous smile on his lips. His wardrobe is extensive and totally crazy, filled with second-hand costumery and bizarre outfits scavenged from thrift-bins. The clothes reflect his attitude: Colonel Worm loves to make a scene and leave a lasting impression, for better or worse.

Mien
    Worm's mien is quintessential Goblin: he is taller, thinner, and more scarred. His skin is a bright red and his eyes a glaucous white (with no discernible pupils). What little hair he has is also white. His ears and nose are pointed and his hands and feet are approximately doubled in size. His muscles stand out like lengths of rope beneath his skin.
    Colonel Worm

Mantle
    The air around Worm shimmers and bends with heat mirage, something you might see coming off of blacktop on a 100 degree day.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Soldier

Worm's also keen on a Streetwise roll. And would likely check with his contacts in the Criminal sphere.

18. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread