Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

About Town: The Antique Shop

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn left her rental SUV parked two blocks over by the mouth of an alley. Her flats made almost no sound over the pavement as she moved through the darkened streets of Sacramento, meeting her partner in Crime JC Smith around the corner from the shop. They were running down leads trying to get to the root of the weeds popping up in Sacramento. The dropping of bodies that have been fed from was not something that could be left to pop up again and again. It had already garnered enough negative attention this go around. They were trying to get to the source. A mysterious Master. The clues had lead them to the shop. Quinn dressed nicely for this adventure, she definitely wanted to look casual, but like she had enough money to be shopping for higher end antiques.

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

JC wore the suit he normally wore for court. The suit Quinn had given him. He really needed to buy more outfits for this investigation stuff. With as few as he had, he was easily recognizable. At least he had the disguise of posture.

He walked with less ease tonight. Higher society than the club and worn jeans. His back straight and face serious. An antiquer.

Though a smile still touched his lips as he saw Quinn.

He tapped his finger to his ear and made the 'call me' sign. He had information from the club that she probably wanted to know. He did his best to relax and let his thoughts flow without examination. He reminded the spider to slow its spinning and the list maker to not read all at once.

One thing at a time. Then they'd go in.

He held out his hand to shake hers.

"Good to see you this evening. How have you been?"
    Presence (Quiet Listener) 1 / BP1 / Mask of Tranquility

3. Likes pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

(Blush)Vitae 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn glanced up noting the almost full moon above them. It's candlelit beams illuminating open areas and made the shadows look even deeper and darker. Almost stark in the crisp air. It had been falling to the 50's and 60's at night now. Winter in California was like saying the moon is made of cream cheese, a joke.

Quinn reached out for J.C's hand, and her skin came alive just before touching him. Her heart beat in her chest, her eyes alive and a smile formed on her her full lips seeing her partner in crime for the evening. She took the offered hand and her left came up to cover the back of his hand affectionately. Even as her beast lurched inside of her demanding a dominance fight between them. Quinn was the master of her beast, it could not win unless all of her will was spent. She didn't fear its trespasses any longer.

"Good evening. I'm excited to run these leads down. I want to get this investigation all wrapped up for Christmas so no one is afraid of procuring meals as they like to do. I picked up something in the club about an art dealer of some sort, but also, the woman you were talking too, she is involved. I remember her from the streets the night I became aware of what was going on and started looking into it by myself, alone. She's involved too."

Jennifer Hazelton

The shop front was well populated. Two women in business suits with classy and small name tags were circulating. There were a few young women by the glass display cases in the front of the store, where jewelry was displayed.
    Six or so shoppers were browsing the store. One was inspecting a vintage dress from the 50s. Another was in the area behind the display window, admiring the glittering lamp on the antique end table in the window.
    A man stood behind the counter, watching the store. Quinn and JC recognized this large man as the man called the body guard by some of the nightclub patrons.

"Good evening. I hope that it finds you well.
    Can I help you with anything? We have recently accepted a few collectibles from the 'Wizard of Oz' film."

A man with long, brown hair neatly groomed in a low ponytail greets you. He was about 6 feet tall, mid thirties. He wore an expensive looking blue button up and chinos.

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

(Blush)Vitae 1 Spent
    PRE

The Dark Eyed Man closed his eyes, hiding away the Beast as Quinn touched his hand and the blood began to flow. He could feel the beat of her heart against his own. Both false but in some ways more real. The vampire could only see her as a meal, true. The man knew she'd granted him a touch of her life and blood, the thing that sustained her. And he gave her in return. Warmth.

He did his best not to feel everything at once. To think back on the previous night. Not just in emotions and things known all coming together in the spider's web, but in a stream of thoughts that formed a story she could read without being... dunked, for lack of a better word.

We need to investigate this shop before the owner or Lottie thinks they've been found out.

A thousand branching silken threads tried to reach into the future, but he cut them short before they had a chance to entrap both their minds.

"Good evening, I'll try to make it a gift." He smiled larger than genuinely and raised an eyebrow. I'd love to have this finished by then too. "But the woman from teh street," his brow creased. She looked different "She had a different hairstyle, I'm sure." He thought back and... yep. Definitely different. However... the animal mind had a hard time thinking back that far. Maybe she was right.

As they entered the store though, JC felt his jaw start to clench. The man behind the counter was known. From the club. Good news, connections and steps closer. Bad news, recognition and having to possibly fight him and the two 'associates'.

Relax... fit in...

JC put a hand over Quins. One thing at a time. Don't overwhelm. The man is remembered, the associates may be Kindred, there maybe more in the back. This place is definitely connected to the club, Lottie and everything else. Wouldn't you look good in green?

"You'd look great in emerald, honey. Or ruby."
    He broke her gaze and turned back to the bodyguard. "What sort of things have you gotten?"

Mask of Tranquility activated
    Presence (Quiet Listener) 1 / BP1 / Mask of Tranquility

7. Likes pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn listened without her ears, her focus lasering in on her partner. Entering J.C's mind as he welcomed her so often, she found herself often attempting a 'walk in' so to speak, just to see if the door was left open. To her delight it was. She took in his impressions, and reversed the feed so to speak, to supply him with what she had seen and heard in the club.

"She did. I am guessing its for this vary reason. Disguise." Quinn supplied with a gentle shrug of her shoulder.

When they went inside Quinn slipped an arm around J.C's waist, and grinned at him, nodding. Her gaze rolled up to look adoringly at her 'honey.' As they played the couple shopping for a gift fit for a Lady like herself.

"Both are stunning, darling. Jade is also one of my favorite stones and usually only found authentically in estate jewelry sales." She looked expectantly at the big man who addressed them, her smile stepping up a notch.

Jennifer Hazelton

"Emerald and ruby pieces from the Wizard of Oz collection?" The salesperson inquired, looking to JC first. His gaze then swings to Quinn.

" There is the Emerald city model - one as an ornament. Another as a display. Walk with me?" He suggested, indicating with his hand one of the central areas in the store. There were four wooden antique side tables set around a glass case. The side tables had been carefully set for maximum awe - two small Emerald City figurines on the closest table. The table next to it had two dolls, the Cowardly Lion and the Scarecrow, carefully set on stands.

The back far table had the Wizard of Oz jewelry box, candle crowns featuring the characters and a frame with photos of the set and production on a wooden plaque. The last table held a few pins and ceramic decor of various characters.
    Within the case were a few higher value items: A pin with the ruby slippers and wand. A set of three dolls from the series. The wand was predomiently displayed on a cushion at the center of the case.
    "For decor, we have two rather rare collectible dolls: The Cowardly Lion and the Scarecrow. The rare edition in good qaulity set of Wizard of Oz books.

The star of the show that he seems proud of, revealed with a low, confiding tone.
    "We have the Good Witch Glinda's wand - the real one used in production."

He looked between the two, scanning their faces. "Of course, we also have fine antique jewelry if that is more your taste. I do know that we have two jade necklaces that were found at just such an estate sale very recently.
    There are a few other pieces as well."

As the salesperson speaks with you, you note the man behind the counter scanning every customer that browsed. There was a second man, less physically impressive or even memorable, who walked out from the back carrying a clipboard. He wore an apron, and looked mainly at the displays. He walked over to where you were standing near the Wizard of Oz display. He straightened a figurine with care, giving the two of you a polite nod.
    Gives me a Wits + Composure roll, please

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn was always fascinated by iconic movie culture. This was definitely a level of commitment to it that was unprecedented for the Shadow. Wow. She had no idea it was still that intensely traded and collected. Crazy. Quinn had never seen the value in collecting things herself, but always admired those who did.

She smiled slightly at the man, and gently shook her head regarding the Wizard of Oz memorability, and a slow nod regarding estate jewelry. "This shop came highly recommended from a friend of ours, so we thought we would come in. Not necessarily looking for anything in particular..." It was evasive, but so were these characters to a certain extend.

Wits + Composure Roll

Jennifer Hazelton

JC Smith make a post in the next 24 hours or your character shall be written out of the scene.

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

(blush)Vitae 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Mable parked near the antique store. She looked around as she got out of the truck. Inside the store she could see people moving about and she opened the door. Taking in a deep breath she calmed her beast. "Oh my goodness." She gasped out. "I love the smells of antiques."

She walked further in and started looking around. She saw Quinn speaking with a sales person. She gave a nod of greeting in their general direction. She wasn't really sure if the meeting would be here of if she was just meeting Quinn here, so she waited. Besides, she had business here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread