Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Facing Forward

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer had Liam deliver an invitation to Jack to meet at Jennifer's haven at Jack's convenience. Jack was naturally busy with his office. In her mind, it was no longer new. He had settled into it.
    The Haven was much the same as the last time Jack had stopped by, with the exception of a priosoner kept in chains at the dining table. The sitting room was dimply lit with electic candles, set for conversation.

A new painting was placed facing the sitting area. Jennifer paused before it, studying it for a moment. Starting to appreciate art had led her to believe that she needed to look for a place with more walls.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque arrived at Jennifer's haven. A part of him was still less than pleased with the last time he was there, but that was another time and this night he was far earlier in arrival. Habit led the Lord to wear his overcoat in the open, though underneath he wore his formals and vest. His outfit was accented with his Rolex and amethyst cufflinks. He knocked at the door and waited patiently for an answer.

"Good evening," he offered with a smile. Hazelton had been one of the few lasting allies he had in this Domain, despite initially mistaking her for a rival.

Blood Hunt:

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer answered the door. Good evening.". The Nosferatu greeted with a sincere smile. She stepped back to admit Jack, accepted the overcoat for the coat rack. Once the door was secured, she led the way to the sitting area. Jennifer wore a dress that she has worn to Court about nine months before. A formal green gown with a modest neckline. Her hair was braided into a crown braid. Her jewelry only the spider pin upon her white silk scarf, intricate in the knots over her Left shoulder.

"Make yourself comfortable, Seneschal. I imagine that you are glad I didn't call you on business.

Thank you for your assistance."

Jack knew the situation with the Reeve, more intimately than Jennifer herself. Jennifer had almost mentioned it, and decided against it. She didn't want to say anything that could possibly be construed as criticism. Not that one of her longest allies would see it this way.

Now before the seating area, she chose a chair and waited for Jack to do the same. The Lady waited to seat herself.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Lord slipped his arms out from his overcoat as his host offered to take it. Following her to the seating area, he chose the love seat as he had done before.

"Please," he motioned for Jennifer to take a seat. He grinned, "A refreshing change of course, but business is not unwelcome."

"Any time," he responded to the gratitude. "Though I was surprised to see who was here when you had mentioned there was nobody who was martially trained?"

Blood Hunt:

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer took her seat, a small smile.
    " Thank you. I trust that you have been well since the last time we spoke? I have to admit, something you said the last time we spoke privately has been reoccurring to me.

"It appeared that way at the time."
    Jennifer replied to his question.
    " I admit, Geir was quite intimidating at the Church. I felt prudence was best, given the similar numbers. "
    The somewhat public location, as well. Isolated for a drive, but not isolated enough for powers of the Blood or to risk Frenzy.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I have," he acknowledged. "Trying to find a focus on which research rabbit-hole I'm going to follow through on." He chuckled quietly. "Though some of the recent events have left me wondering if I shouldn't become a more martial force in the Domain." The lack of balance became more of a risk each passing night. "What would that be?" he asked with interest. He had said many things, but anything worthy of such a lasting impression escaped him.

"I see," he seemingly agreed. "I certainly hope Her Grace will name a Reeve sooner than later." He chuckled, "Not that I imagine the Archon isn't enjoying handling would-be attackers of the Domain..." he lingered in thought, "But in some of the calls I've been privy to I think her presence may have been a comfort to the unknown rather than a necessity." The statement was as much a self-evaluation as it was a critique of others.

Blood Hunt:

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"A more martial force?" She plucked out. "Which avenue would you take on that route? I admit, I am being tutored by a Family member to become more capable of defending myself. Going for a route that uses my Family's strength."

She considered his words in a moment of quiet. The moment of quiet stretched into a few minutes of quiet as she considered.
    "I imagine that the Archon would enjoy dispatching of any enemies of the Domain. Yet should she have to respond to every one?" She wondered aloud. "A Reeve would be a good thing for the Domain. I do wish Dirt Nap had stepped forward and taken the role. He knows the Domain residents and could be counted on to be reliable.
    We do not want mercurial or unreliable candidates to win out. Not with the history of the past Reeve."
    Jennifer paused, emphasizing this.

"I know that JC Smith has taken some interest in organizing meetings surrounding the meals dropping dead. Although the passive aggressive way Dirt Nap describes him. Paired with the qaulities of being indecisive or not knowing his own mind gave me pause. Before I had spoken with Dirt Nap, I thought Mr. Smith could be a decent Deputy. Under someone strong enough to direct his energy to proper tasks.

The subject of your Family Gift. I admit, I have spent time with your cousin, Mr. Northbridge, in going after the Domain invaders. I found myself more than a touch envious of his Gift."

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

He considered her question, clearly signaling he hadn't given it much though. "I'm a decent shot already with firearms, but much of what we do needs a quieter touch. I was thinking knives if not some variation of the sword."

"I do as well, and I've privately expressed my disappointment to him," he shared a little more liberally than to most. "He always seemed to have some reason, some excuse to try and prop someone else up instead of him, even at great detriment to himself and the distraction. He wants to help others, but fails to put in the effort to be able to do so effectively."

"Yes he has, and I believe Priscus Durant has also been trying to make a name for herself to that end," he added. "I'm glad to know his state of mind is more public knowledge than I was previously aware of," he responded with a flavor of surprise. "Decent, if he remains stable." and shows a little more wisdom.

"It is a strong gift to impose your will over another," he agreed. "And that's just the start of it." ​A flip of his hand, "Like any power though, relying on it too heavily is folly." A simple observation, but not a weakness he chose to define further at the moment. "What is it that you envy most?"

Blood Hunt:

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"I've talked to the Prince about learning firearms from her. I would like to be well rounded.
    Although I have enjoyed learning hand to hand. Mr. O'brien mentioned that he might teach me boxing. I don't have much natural talent, yet I can work on it.
    Knives sound like a marvelous idea. Versatile.
    Do you have a preference? My Family member may know knife play, if you want her contact information.

"I like to hear his thoughts on all matters. I find some of them refreshing. Dirt Nap is loyal, choosing to spend his evening with me, watching me research. Boring to him. Yet he wanted me safe.
    I appreciate that."

Jennifer shook her head slightly. Then focused on Jacque's eyes.

"Do you have thoughts on JC Smith? I admit, I have asked both Dirt Nap and the Priscus about him. Trying to get an unbiased opinion on the man seems impossible. I've seen him speaking with Edward, yet... Eh.
    Priscus Durant told me that she spoke to the Prince about her desire to be Reeve. I have spoken with Priscus Durant about the subject for a bit. I think she's certainly intelligent. I think she could be suitable for the role. Although I like her as a friend, and I may be biased.
    I have some concerns about what Priscus Durant has said about her associates in public. I think that she believes her words to be true. Yet it makes me wonder."

Jennifer reflected on the question. She acknowledged that the envy was ugly, yet it was a truth. She has always spoken truth, to keep her position as Notary unblemished. There could be leeway with obfuscation of the truth, yet she wouldn't do that to an ally. Jack was one of her oldest allies.

"I observed Mr. Northbridge comfort to a distressed man. I think that's a wonderful ability. Although I don't know specifics... If I could make a suggestion and see it followed through, I would be pleased.
    Would it be possible to learn a bit about that avenue?"

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I haven't quite decided," he considered. "The practical part of me leans towards the knives, but the other part of me is attracted to the grandeur of fencing and swordplay." His head tilted as he digested her offer, "Which family member might that be?" He nodded, "Experience with guns is a worthwhile skill to have. I've unfortunately found it less than practical in the city."

"Loyalty never seemed to be a question in his character," he shrugged half-heartedly, "Just lacking the ambition to do more with the skill and rapport we all know he has."

"So long as he remains stable I imagine he'll remain an asset and be capable of growth in Sacramento. I'm concerned about how his blood will affect his stability over time," His fingers twist in the air as he muddles through his opinion. "Of course with the climate of the Domain making such remarks regarding the stereotypes of the gangrel public is ill-advised." He shows his palms as he resolves his own debate, "I simply need to see what he does over time."

"She's clever," he remarked about Durant. "Her powers lend her many advantages in social climates, and she certainly knows how to leverage them to place her right where she wants to be. In the end though, it is Her Grace's choice on who serves as Reeve. I could not speak ill of any selection before they've had the chance to serve. There are very few who I would consider incapable in that area."

"Anything is possible," he coyly remarked. "It would first take learning how to forcefully take command over one's actions. Once you've grasped that, you can be shown how to shape those influences more eloquently like you witnessed of Mr. Northbridge." He leaned forward, carefully and calculated. "It is a rare thing for me to agree to this power being taught outside of the family. All too often it is abused when other resources could have been tapped." He smiled, trusting in his friend and ally, "Imagine if you were a puppeteer for the world around you. At any moment you could pull the strings taut for everyone to act as you most desire." He paused and looked to Jennifer for her thoughts.

Blood Hunt:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread