Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

An indoor venue, the bar had a few advantages to it for certain individuals and business deals. The biggest? It used to be a speakeasy and had some rather secure back rooms. Like this one that has rabbits carved into the door's frame. It is a private back room fitted with a variety of liquors, tonics, and the striking Groundskeeper of the Sacramento Freehold. With no one else present. Her chair allows her to watch both the bar and the door in equal measure, nothing behind her.

Circe was using her business outfit as she was familiar with this bar for work. It'd deter certain people from bothering her, implying she was on the clock. There was also the advantage of her sitting at a table with plenty of darkness beneath it.

The elf wasn't acting without caution. They'd struck at enemies of the Freehold, and whilst one was well on the run the other wasn't gone. She really wanted to correct that. Fortunate for Circe, this bar was frequented by her mundane coworkers. Well, of her more profitable work, not the grease monkey shit. If this Veronica was a viper sent to kill Circe, she'd probably die of lead poisoning.

Plus, she'd other Summers available to come to her aid now.

Though Dave's vouching for her after their phone call might make the caution unnecessary. And the man still refused to explain to her HOW he went through guns so fast. The elf still suspected he was eating them. But, Circe felt using this place for vetting Summers would make for a good habit to have, just in case.

Plus it was possible Dave wanted Veronica to steal all Circe's guns to fill his stomach. It was possible. She'd ask to ensure it wasn't the case.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

2. Likes , liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Well, Circe's left eyebrow and ear twitch. This was irksome. Dave should have mentioned how punctual Veronica was. As in degree.

Circe gets herself something caffeinated from the bar, unmixed, and resumes waiting at the end of the table, though checking her phone with an annoyed expression on her face.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

4. Likes liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (sexy)
    Dexterity
    (dancer's grace)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Allies
    (Street)
    Veronica Shaw

Mien

An almost normal looking woman with bright yellow eyes, tawny coloured cat ears and a tail with a tuft of fur at the end. Her hands are clawed, but carefully maintained to not interfere with everyday life and deal damage if necessary. Soft fur runs the full length of her spine and covers the back of her palms and forearms, disappearing at the elbows.
    Mantle

The ends of her ears and tail burn with the harmless fire; sudden movements causing the birth of sparks.
    Her scent is reminiscent of the pine forest, the Mantle adding strong smoky notes to it, like a night bonfire on a camping trip.
    When she walks into the room, it feels like a gust of the hot wind, settling on the skin with its warmth. To some, it is comforting, to some, stifling.

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Hunterheart

Well, her navigator sucked, that was good to know. After turning around two times and being stuck in the traffic jam, Veronica finally managed to find the right address and park nearby, checking her watch to find that she was late. What a great first impression I'm making.

But there was little to do about it now, only plunge ahead and hope for the best. She wasn't much into hoping this days, but she could endure whatever the fallout would be nonetheless. She was moving and that wasn't up for debate; she had to be there for Kaia.

The appointment was at the bar, so Veronica didn't bother with dressing up, choosing an outfit from her usual style, completed with her favorite colourful denim jacket and heavy black boots. There was an undercurrent of nervousness in her thoughts, but none showed in her posture as she walked in, looking around for a face Dave described. If one was adept at reading feline moods, they could notice it in Veronica's tail that slowly swished from side to side though.

And there she was, the Queen, sitting by one of the tables with an understandable annoyance on the beautiful face. Perfect, just perfect.

"Circe," Veronica called, offering a respectful nod that was almost like a bow but not quite considering the public around, "Sorry I'm late, a new city didn't make my direction sense any favours."

She waited to be offered a seat, considering Circe's position in the Court. And her being late. A twitch of her ear at the sound behind them showered Veronica's loose hair with little sparks.

Sorry that took so long, anxiety attack ate my writing spoons.

<--Mantle in the minisheet.

6. Likes Aeolus, Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe is sipping the Monster whence Veronica arrives. She makes a show of drinking it slowly before putting it on the table. "How fortunate ya are Veronia, that I'm still here."

The door is solidly closed behind Veronica.

The cat woman matched Dave's description, even wearing a denim jacket as he'd said she probably would. "Welcome ta town, hope ya had a good drive, at least this place ain't a dive. That seat ta ya is near," Circe points to the seat across from her, "So in it put yer rear," she smirks at the rhyming command. "Ya won't have my tongue, but fer right now ya have my ear."

8. Likes , , Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (sexy)
    Dexterity
    (dancer's grace)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Allies
    (Street)
    Veronica Shaw

Mien

An almost normal looking woman with bright yellow eyes, tawny coloured cat ears and a tail with a tuft of fur at the end. Her hands are clawed, but carefully maintained to not interfere with everyday life and deal damage if necessary. Soft fur runs the full length of her spine and covers the back of her palms and forearms, disappearing at the elbows.
    Mantle

The ends of her ears and tail burn with the harmless fire; sudden movements causing the birth of sparks.
    Her scent is reminiscent of the pine forest, the Mantle adding strong smoky notes to it, like a night bonfire on a camping trip.
    When she walks into the room, it feels like a gust of the hot wind, settling on the skin with its warmth. To some, it is comforting, to some, stifling.

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Hunterheart

Veronica glanced back at the sound of the door closing. Always best to keep your exists in mind, even with a fellow Summer so close.

"As good as driving through traffic jams could be," she huffed, settling in the offered seat, squirming a little to get her tail in the comfortable position.

"It sure is wise not to offer your tongue to a cat," not that ear was much better. Veronica laughed, knowing could very well get both if she wanted.

"But there isn't much to say. My moving is done deal, at least for now. Not sure how much Dave told you about me..." a little pause, tail twitching before coiling around her leg in a self-comforting gesture. "I'm following my family here. Not that they know it." Nor should they.

"Aside from that, you can count on me should Freehold needs my help. I won't even touch your guns, as a treat."

Golden eyes trained on Circe, expecting questions to come up, Veronica's lips quirked in a playful smile.

10. Likes Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Oh for the Sherman option for countering traffic," she muses on that particular topic. She listens to the catgirl talk, blue index finger tapping the Monster can.

The catgirl wasn't liking the chair. Probably open back was best for her, like how her old bunny buddy had similar problems. "Don't have any evil twins to worry about, do you? I really hate that soup opera cliché. Truly," she nods, "I wouldn't mind helping to cancel such drama. Again."

An offer of aid but also a threat. She could help but she was also a experience Summer.

But the Queen drinks her Monster and empties it. Business of the Freehold first. "Two things then. Are ya willing ta swear the oath? Ta join the Freehold? That is the first thing." Empty can is stood upon the table. "Second, Dave said ya were a scrapper but not literally," Circe scowls, "In his was," then back to neutral, "I like ta know how Summers I might call upon like ta fight," the smile on her face is somewhat smarmy, "Beats getting a firing line ready only fer somebody ta scream: For Pony!" Nobody outside would take offense to that. They knew what the code words were for trouble. That? That was Circe being an asshole. The elfin Fairest continues, "As they charge right at the enemy."

12. Likes liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (sexy)
    Dexterity
    (dancer's grace)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Allies
    (Street)
    Veronica Shaw

Mien

Mantle

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Hunterheart

Veronica chuckled quietly at the mention of the tank. Sometimes, she'd love to do it that way, sure, but she loved her own car far too much to seriously consider flattening some beauties she saw on the road.

The levity was dispelled like a phantom when Circe changed the topic. To one the Beast didn't like to think about, much less talk, her wrath flaring up feeding the heated breeze of her mantle, the flames on her ears dancing higher before dying down as Veronica struggled for control. "No. That thing you're talking about is back in Memphis. It's not a problem. And if it ever tries something, well..." there is no civility, only the Bestial rage in Veronica's smirk now, leaving no room for argument as to what will happen to the fetch if it acts funny.

It's hard to stow it all away, back in the little box in her chest where the dark and scary thoughts live. But right now is not the time to sound the war cries. It's time to talk and the Queen's words demanded attention.

"Of course," she would swear two if he needed too. Safety is the primary concern of the Lost, that Veronica knew very well.

Truly, the Queen is remarkable. To get so many jokes in the serious conversation - that needed a real talent. No wonder Dave loved to annoy her. "I prefer swords myself. Have a little beauty too," which rested securely in her car right now. "And if my fellow Summers go to all the trouble to get a firing line, I sure as hell will wait till they put some lead in before going all Amazon warrior."

After a moment of consideration, she continued. "Not that I need a sword to skewer something, mind you," with a grin, she picked up the empty Monster can and squeezed, her claws easily piercing the thin metal turning it into a pathetic rendition of the sieve.

14. Likes Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe nods in approval as Veronica confirms her fetch will also not be a problem. Much like her own, though that was more Circe's had to flee the country for multiple reasons. If it was smart. Considering both sides of the law wanted it dead, it probably wasn't that smart.

"Glad ta hear," she means it at the part of swearing in. "We shall have that done properly with all haste. But, Summer has gone and past, Autumn is the power that bastes," Circe keeps talking, "We'll hafta have ya swear in later in the club proper. I can happily inform ya that the club's seasonal officers get along great. We also have phrases fer public chatter on our club's business."

As for the swordswoman thing? That earns a nod. "Ah, not my preference even if I can make them. Knife, machete, sword, not hard ta make." That was Circe's understanding of the types. Sword was balanced and machete was for chopping through jungles, Hedge, or Jason killing horny teens. "Glad ta have a fellow practitioner of the practical among the angry club membership," the Larcenist is happy to hear. "And if yer hoping fer custom spun stuff? We've crafty folk in town, but not freebies. If ya ain't the type ta hunt fer parts in the thorny Park?" Circe shrugs, "There is a flea market in the Thorns. I can give ya plenty of information on it too."

"Out of curiosity," she smiles at the cat lady. That was a productive use of her claws. Circe could think of, "Whilst I can make suggests fer sharpening tools, not sure on claws. But, can ya climb with those too?"

16. Likes liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (sexy)
    Dexterity
    (dancer's grace)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Allies
    (Street)
    Veronica Shaw

Mien

Mantle

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Hunterheart

"I'll follow your lead here, Circe," Veronica nodded, since every Freehold held their own traditions of how to swear people in. "It is good to know that our merry band of freaks is united. Far more easier to kick ass and have fun like that."

"By the way... Is there a lot of us, Summers, here?"
    She couldn't help but wonder how big her new family would be. What would it be like? When she first joined the Iron Spear, it was them who build her up for the mess the Durance left her. Now Veronica was in the position to give some of that faith back.

"Makers of any kind have my respect, always." That was genuine, the best she could do was paint some walls with blood. Working with her hands took patience, far more than the Beast had in her life. "Freebies aren't my jam. Worked for my sword, and the same goes for anything else. No free lunches in this world anyway..." even among other Lost, or maybe especially amongst them the rule of equal exchange had to be followed. It was better that way, safer than wondering of what might get asked of you later if you don't ask for conditions straight up. "But I'll take that info, never know when it might come in handy."

Veronica laughed at the suggestion even if it hit a little sore spot; she had been going through nail files like there's no tomorrow. "Thanks, I'll manage. For the climbing... It really depends on the situation, not that I had many of those to try it out. I'm not a Steepscrambler, after all." She freed her claws from the can only to flatten it with one swift stroke of her fist. "I'd think trees would be much easier but concrete or the like? Nah."

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Believe me," Circe admits, "I've seen clubs that aren't united." The Bay was a bitch of a place, "I prefer cooperative over watching my back for alleged allies looking ta stab it ta leave me ta the monster or steal the treasure. Cazzo munchkins."

As for the number of Summers. There was quite a few of them now if she was being honest. "Relatively a lot. Almost enough ta count on two hands," Circe smiles at Veronica, "We got a connections too," blue hand rises to count off fingers, "Criminal, city, studios, we are the people that can find whatever ya may need." The elf laughs. It was even true. Circe had criminal connections as did Colonel Worm. And Ram was now a firefighter. "I find it a lot better then when I got the office fer being the only angry club member," she laughs, "Gave me time ta grow inta the throne."

The elfin Summer nods at the cat, glad for the crafter respect. As for the information, best to give Veronica some warnings about the market. "The market Ambrosial Delights is very, very, VERY pink," Circe felt it important to warn on that. "Arm bands required fer entry, theft is a way inta gambling, ya become a one armed bandit," Veronica would probably get the pun, "And the usual Park bullshit against emancipation, market rules, and super barter black market. Learn what they want ta find what ya need. Can't find much mundane stuff, but that don't mean ya will want ta trade it." Gallon of ice cream was cheap for a Contract, but a gallon of forsaken child blood? Not so much. "Oh, and it has horses of very different colors," she recalls that, "And limb numbers. Or just limbs."

As for the climbing questions, she'd a reason. "Well, if they're like weapons I can recommend whetstone brands, probably even make one just in a park place," then shrugs as she changes to the other issue, "Didn't know if ya were one of them or not. The joyfuls have their designated scrapper that IS a Steepscrambler. Figured it ya were too, ya should know about her. Also, she is a decent phystical trainer if ya feel like getting a workout."

19. Likes , liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread