Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

The Wood, the Wells, and the Words

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Oct 1, 2021 : (2110) Eternal Court
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

HP: 0/7 [7 Bash]
    WP: 0/2
    Vitae: 2/6

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

Def: 3 (Dex; Tonfa +1)
    Armor: 1/0 (Reinforced Clothing)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

PRE

Conner moves with Mable off the the side of the gathered crowd. No! We should stay close! She'll turn on us if she's not watched. Conner wrestles his predator's paranoia under control. He had to be better...he was better.

"First and foremost, congratulations on your new title." ​She was entitled as sole representative to whatever leaps she found necessary. But if she fell like Icarus, then it was no great loss to the Lancea. "But more to the point, it's come to my attention that we haven't been formally introduced. I was curious if you'd be open to an official meeting. I intend for the Lancea to go public soon, and I want to make sure that our two Covenants start out on the right foot." There's an earnestness to his appeal for this; though it could be mistaken for simple politicking, Conner knows, and he's sure Mable knows as well that more often than not the Lancea and the Circle would come to blows at the drop of a pin. It might not be much, but any step towards peace would be good in the long haul for us both.

He gives Mable room to consider his request, though he's clearly eager to hear what she has to say.

Continued from (2110) Eternal Court...

PRP Stats: In Minisheet

2. Likes , Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

"Eve'ning, Pastor Wells, Hierophant Wood." Dirt Nap says softly as he approaches. "I hope you wouldn't mind if I join in uninvited. I would like to toss my chips into the pile for a peaceful like relationship between our three Covenants, as much as can be expected."

4. Likes , BoxingUnicorn liked this post

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

She tilts her head as she listens to Connor, "Thank you. And yes, we haven't been introduced. I apologize for that oversight." She watched him for signs that he meant her harm.

"What do you mean by go public?" It was a term that could mean many things and weren't they already public?

"An official meeting is fine if that helps." She looked at Dirt Nap. "I don't mind including your covenant as well."

"I believe that all paths should be respected and accepted. I do hope both of you gentlemen also agree. One of the things I cherish about this Domain is that all are accepted as long as they respect others and their beliefs."

She thinks for a moment. "I realize I have some idealistic thoughts, but I can face the realities of situations also. Working together makes us all stronger and better." Her thoughts may have been that he meant to harm her, trap her...but she wanted to take him at face value. And Dirt Nap. She may not have understood some of his actions recently but they were his actions and did not reflect badly on the clan, otherwise the Priscus would have directed her to take care of it.

Sorry for delay missed this

6. Likes , BoxingUnicorn, Ruach liked this post
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

PRE

Conner almost doesn't catch Dirt Nap until he's right on top of them. There's a Bestial squirm deep in his core. Not good! He's out to get you, just like he's out to get Quinn! All the more reason to keep friends close... Conner gives Dirt Nap a nod and a measured smile. "Of course, I'd be happy to include you Mr. Dirt Nap. Forgive me for asking, but do you prefer Dirt Nap or Clayton? I've heard both used." And honestly, Clayton was a name he could take more seriously. "But yes, I'm grateful you made your interest know." Perhaps an inter-Covenant alliance was possible after all?

Mable's apology draws a single raised eyebrow of surprise from Conner, but he smiles calmly.
    "None taken, Ms. Wood. Part of the reason I wanted to set something official up was so that we could get to know each other better, given our unique positions." He nods between her and Dirt Nap. "And I'm sure the two of you have questions for me as well."

"To elaborate: I hope to get the keys for the Moore House fairly soon, so that I can have an official Mass. As I understand, it will be the first Lancea Sanctum ceremony this city has seen in quite a while." And with good reason, seeing as how any attempts at a lasting presence in Sacramento were self-sabotaged if the stories held true.

The Gangrel Witch talks of respect and acceptance.
    What does she know of respect? How could her beliefs be respected when they've caused so much pain and chaos. But that was why Conner had to do this. He thinks of how Quinn and Edward had talked Mable up as someone worthy of being called 'friend'. What better way to prove it than to work with her? The first crack in the ice comes with Mable's willingness to speak her mind, her statement ringing a chord with the Shadow. "I don't see it as naivety, Ms. Wood; if anything it shows a strength of character that most Kindred would find antithetical to nature." There's a gentle honesty to his voice, seemingly unafraid of who might listen with the ears of Elysium's walls. "Do you have a preferred meeting place?" There was a part of him that feared Mable would suggest the Crone Farm; someplace in Gangrel territory. Between Mable and Dirt Nap there was the possibility of Clan numbers working against Conner. But since when did alliance favor odds?

"I actually had a question you two might be able to answer." He looks between the two Gangrels. "My studies in Theban Sorcery will require collecting components in the future, and I understand you are exceptional hunters. Do you know what animals in the Barrens can be hunted without compromising the population?" Conner would want to make sure he wasn't infringing on the Savages' turf as those closest to animal-kind. And he genuinely had some ideas of specific components that had to be either human or animal, and he'd prefer them be animal.

8. Likes , , Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap is still, observing intensely even staring as the others talk. Apparently this is all the Pastor's idea. Good to know.

"Well now. Bein' honest, respecting particular people is liable to be more a thing to promise than respecting peoples' beliefs, so to speak. As far as I can tell, people seem to have an easier time respectin' each other, the less they actually know about what they belief, at least without gettin' into the specifics."

Dirt Nap stares evenly at Conner Wells. "I prefer to be called by what a person is most at ease callin' me." He says. He tends to learn something about a person when he gives them the choice.

"If you don't mind, I'd like to ask you the same, do you prefer to be called, 'Pastor' in general, or only by people who are actually in your own flock, so to speak."

Dirt Nap is silent but far from unattentive when Wells asks where they should meet. He's still feeling like a bit of an uninvited guest, so he doesn't put his two cents in about where to meet, content with whatever the others decide.

He is still again, perfectly still and staring unblinking at Well's question about 'components'.

"Well now." Dirt Nap says slowly. "I don't mean to give any offense by my answer, since I don't know what could serve your need or not." He admits his ignorance without evidencing much curiosity to remedy it.

"Coyotes and rats are always in supply, if they'd do for your needs." Dirt Nap ventures, pronouncing the word, 'Kai Oats'. "I'm somewhat partial to feathered types, and wouldn't want to know about it, if you had a need to slaughter a bunch of 'em."

10. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wait, did he just speak kindly to her? It must be a trick. Even if it is she must believe that this is possible. They need to learn to work together. "Ummm I was thinking one of the meeting rooms here. I know room number 3 has been nicely redecorated last year." Her lips twitch as she tries not to smirk. Decorated by her. "That way we can have a bit of a forced trust for the first meeting since no-one may use their gifts here." She looked at the men questioning.

Connor's request for animals sounds like a sacrifice. She should probably not comment but her brain was too slow, "Sacrifices? Interesting. That's what people believe I do. Which I don't by the way. " She gave him an honest open look. "But I have heard that others need to conduct them for their advancement down their paths of study. I would go by Dirt Nap's thoughts on what could be used or obtained. I trust his judgement on matters of animals." Not that her animal connections were weak but well she was just who she was.

"Dirt Nap, your comment about respecting the people not the beliefs. That's a good one. I realize most of what you do is super secretive and part of the respecting your beliefs is that I respect how secretive yours are. I don't think we need to fully understand what each belief is in order to respect that you as a person believe it. Oh. I think I see more of what you mean. Ok." She thinks she does at least.

"Anyway, I think meeting is a great idea. I try to hold a celebration ceremony at least once a year where I invite the whole domain to attend if they wish. I have had a pretty good attendance each time. I was wondering if any of your worship sessions are ever open to the public. I would love to see one in action."

12. Likes Ruach, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

Combat Stats

PRE

How on-the-nose, Mr. Clayton. Conner doesn't comment on it. but he does look briefly over to Mable to gauge what she thinks about knowing just enough. He's hiding secrets! Which is part of the Covenant balance. Something others like Pope failed to recognize.

Conner nods appreciatively to Dirt Nap. "Clayton it is then. And you can call me 'Pastor Wells' for official business. Out and about amongst humans, I'm just known as Conner." He doesn't leave separation between business and casual Kindred interactions. An unnecessary precaution? Maybe. But he would give room for these other Covenant heads to earn the chance at more casual address. Baby steps.

The mention of meeting in Elysium does brighten Conner's expression.
    No dark places for the Savages to exploit. "I'll set up a reservation as soon as possible then, at your convenience of course." Mable's mention of 'sacrifices' does draw an almost involuntary stern look from Conner, but he relaxes just a bit. "Of a sort..." He wasn't about to talk Theban Sorcery in the open, but he'd allow for some clarity. "The reason I specify 'hunt' is because the components required must be organic and cannot be replaced easily." The great balance of magic: results at a price.

"I'll keep in mind to leave the feathered creatures be then. Thank you for the input, Mr. Clayton." Again, there was something about the name that felt a little less awkward when linked with the antiquated social norms of Kindred society. Though he could appreciate the poetic nature behind the name 'Dirt Nap'.

He's tempted to just end the conversation as Mable asks about his worship services, but Conner wills himself, Beast and Man, to hold his ground and smile to the Savage.
    "Of course, Lancea services tend to be open to all Kindred of the Domain that have the desire to attend. Your presence..." He looks between Mable and Dirt Nap, to further solidify the trio "...would be beneficial in showing support between our three groups."Just imagine: a Hierophant and a Dracul converted to the Lancea. Two birds, one... That's not what we're here for!

Conner would have to turn the conversation to other things; he couldn't dwell on what-ifs. "I know I've seen Mr. Clayton out and about, but what are your interests outside of work, Ms. Wood?" There! Get to know people as people, not where they work.

14. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods and listens to Mable and Conner discuss their objectives. He listens and watches intensely as if he's burning the sounds and image into his memory permanently.

"Well, Pastor Wells. It doesn't much matter to me, but since it seems you prefer to be proper about names and such, the name I go by with the kine is Clayton Jordan Carter. So Clayton or Clay is fine by me, but if you want to put a Mister in front, it would rightly be Mister Carter." Dirt Nap explains.

"Much obliged to you, Pastor Wells." Dirt Nap says when Conner agrees to avoid killing birds.

"If you ever want for some company on your hunt, I'd be glad to come along." Dirt Nap offers.

16. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"That would be wonderful. I always want to understand how others worship."
    Dirt offering to go with him made her feel better about the hunting for components.

"Hmmm, my interests outside of work.? I'm a bit of a work-a-holic. What with, ranger, farmer, hierophant." Thinking he meant her paying job she didn't explain what she does for work. "But I do enjoy movies. What do you like doing?"

18. Likes BoxingUnicorn, Ruach liked this post
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

Combat Stats

PRE

More questions, more 'people-y' questions. Questions from a witch and a man who wanted to literally devour his Priscus. His inner predator was having a field day.

But Conner is more than the Beast; and the Man was drawn into wanting to know these monsters as people. If only because he desired the same courtesy. "I'll keep that in mind, thank you Mr. Carter." He doesn't apologize for his earlier slip up, but only because he doesn't think Dirt Nap/Clayton/Clay would require it. The Savage was, if nothing else, fairly succinct from what Conner could gather.

Mable's answer almost surprises Conner more than her follow-up question. "Really? What movies do you enjoy?" Probably some gore-fest horror schlock. "I'm a fan of historical fiction myself." It helped that fantasy was, more often than not, right outside his front door. "Outside of my own studies I do enjoy exploring the nightlife. There's a few places that offer some good opportunities to watch people." He gives Dirt Nap a knowing look, remembering running into him at the Ten Ten Room. And Alice... Thank God she hasn't actually used that phone number. Why? Afraid of disappointing someone? Again?

He turns his attention to Mable again, if only to avoid giving his inner predator more fodder for what-ifs and nightmare scenarios.
    "You mentioned you were a ranger? Do you interact with many people out in the wilderness areas?" Perhaps she'd carried a human interest into her Kindred life, like Edward and his cybersecurity business?

20. Likes Ruach, liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread