Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2110) Seating area around Jennifer

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Aug 31, 2009 : Breakfast at the Boarding House
Oct 1, 2021 : (2110) Eternal Court
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer nods. Pleased with his response.
    "I expect so." Jennifer replies, not concerned that Connor wasn't suited. She had determined this well before agreeing to be his mentor. A sincere smile touched her face at the compliment.
    "Thank you, Mr. O'Brien."
    Jennifer considered the commentary about the Mekhet Family. She glanced around the room, noting Conner in conversation. No Maeve. Although there was no Bellemy or Helen, on that vein. Perhaps promising that they were well into their plans to become a part of Sacramento.

"May not?" She plucked out, concern touching her features. "If they intend to remain in Sacramento." She stated, the rest of the sentence not needing to be discussed. She considered the circumstances of the Family.
    "Perhaps I had best go to them. We tend to become set in our ways, if we are left to our own devices."
    She thought back to her own Embrace, and the challenges that were presented to her. Her Sire had made a questionable choice, yet it had paid off for him. Although the decision had negatively impacted Jennifer's chances of being groomed for the Invictus from the beginning.
    "Did he enjoy his time in France?" She inquired. "Do you mind if I inquire what time period that was, in general?"
    "Perhaps it shall be similar to the ones in France. I confide that I have never traveled out of the United States."
    The Embrace made travel challenging.
    "Mr. Northbridge suggested an art exhibit. I am beginning to study art theory."
    Jennifer considered Connor for a moment. Already curious about what she might learn about him over the nights to come. She recalled his comments regarding his personality in the privacy of the Necropolis. Now she considered in silence for another moment as she imagined potential pitfalls, to caution Connor against.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"No need for thanks, Lady Notary. You took a risk by standing for me after having only met me once, and you've done everything in your power to ensure that I know everything I need to know." Connor had been through Manumission once before, but in the century or so since he had gotten complacent; and complacency breeds errors that need to be corrected.

"I say 'may not' because I've learned not to take what one may say at face value. I have my own ways to testing whether someone is trustworthy, but I'm not the greatest at determining whether someone is lying to me outright. They know that I know where they live, and they know that if they don't keep their end of the deal, I'll return with the entirety of the Domain if I have to. I feel bad for them though. They're all siblings, made by the same sire and left to learn and fend for themselves. I don't have the power of aura reading to tell if they've broken any of the traditions, but they let me go when they outnumbered me; I have to give them the benefit of the doubt." He looks to Jennifer when she mentions going to them. "You'll find them in Arkwright Cemetery, though I would prefer to come with. They already know me, after all."

"He spoke of France fondly, though he never told me why he chose to leave. It would have been around 1820 when he came to America, if memory serves."
    He pauses for a moment to listen to Jennifer further. "I've only ever been in Ireland and America." He nods as Jennifer mentions she's studying art theory. "Perhaps I can show you my collection at some point in time. My sire was adamant that I purchase art, as the value of a piece is subjective but almost always worth more than what the previous buyer paid. That, and it comes in hand for some less... clean... money." He stops talking, seeming to be in thought for a moment. "I've been considering ballroom dance, diversifying my skill set some."
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer thinks for a moment. She doesn't immediately respond, thinking about what Connor has said.
    " I look forward to seeing you succeed." She replied quietly to the education topic. It was good to hear his drive.

"That's understandable, Mr. O'Brien. Some are very good liars, having had so long to practice. Or need and opportunity."
    They were creatures who needed to steal blood regularly to survive. Some skill at duplicity or misdirection was advisable. Jennifer thinks for another moment. Considering what to do about this new wrinkle, and seemingly on the heels of Kowalsic.
    She touched her ear briefly and slowly with her hand, then moved it to checking the lay of her scarf. Signaling that even as the nosferatu listened, others were listening. Time to table this for back at the Necropolis.
    "I'm always fascinated by why kindred move about. I wonder if there's a push - pull factor. More desirable advancement somewhere else, like kine following jobs or education. It's risky, this day and age."
    "I always intended to visit Ireland.

I would like to see your collection. Hear your thoughts on how you chose those pieces. I have been thinking about getting a few pieces.
    Ballroom dancing is a wonderful idea. Dance is something quite inspiring."
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Connor catches the signal and nods quickly. The conversation on the Arkwright haunts ends. Instead he moves on to the next part of their conversation. "As I told Madame Wei Lin, I came here to start fresh. I didn't want to ride the coat tails of my sire. The Good Alder LaChance, Viscount of New York, Steward of the First Estate, and Priscus of Nosferatu. I woke one evening and he was gone. I took it as him telling me it was time to start my own Requiem without him. It's why the Invictus of New York chose to strip me of rank and title; he left a void that they wanted me to fill, and I refused. They didn't take too kindly to the word 'no.'" He pauses for a moment as she mentions wanting to visit Ireland. "It was a beautiful country when I called it home, but that was nearly 200 years ago. Plenty could have changed since then."

"Perhaps if we have time after our next meeting I'll pull the chest out and go through it. I purchased a few through First Estate auctions in New York, others through various galleries. I'm choosing dance simply because it goes against my current skill set. No one expects the soldier to dance."
    He scans the court proper as he speaks; listening not only to Jennifer, but the various other conversations happening around them.
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

5. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

"I think that is a good reason." Jennifer nodded. "I had the same reason for arriving in Sacramento in 2011. To get out from under my Sire's sire and stretch my wings, so to speak. My Sire was Embraced into the Invictus, yet chose to break with the Covenant after Manumission. My complete introduction is as such: Childe of Joshua Homan, childe of Lady Notary Gweneth Ward; childe of Libretist James Barlowe."

Connor had the history and the lineage himself. She trusted that he would see how her Sire had altered Jennifer's course. The lack of provenance had annoyed her ten years ago. Among the Invictus, the
    word provenance is used to politely refer to the source of a Kindred’s authority or lineage. Jennifer accepted it now- for she had some pride in how everything she had now, she had earned on her own merit.

"I would like to see your artwork. Do you have any interest an art exhibit? Perhaps I shall look into arranging one."

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"As I said in the family meeting, I was never embraced to be my Sire's protege in the First Estate. I lost quite a bit of education on etiquette in the years it took me to educate myself enough to prove worthy." Though he will never fault his sire for it. His past forced him to become ambitious and determined, which helps him even to this day.

"I will bring the chest from my sleeping quarters when we meet to discuss my education. If we have time, I'll pull a few pieces out. I could put some of the pieces I own into an exhibit, though I can't promise they're from any extremely notable artists. No Rembrandts or Michelangelos, so to speak."
    The Vanishing:

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

"I recall.
    I wouldn't expect to see notable artists. Not everything needs to be so "

Her head turned as Dirt Nap looks distracted. Then as he made his respectful exit.
    " It's early yet.". She observed. Not much time spent in that conversation.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread