Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Werewolf: The Forsaken on the Wiki
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
THREADID

Bent But Not Broken

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

BW leans against his anvil, standing next to a cold forge, bent calipers held tightly in his hand. He should strike up the fire and fix them, easily done, but his motivation is low. A wolf shouldn't be alone, and he's felt alone for too long. Tossing the tool aside he steps out into the brisk evening fall air.

"Em, you around!?" he calls out the garage.

Perhaps other pack members might be about.

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

There is a loud clang as Tiny's Honda limps into the garage.

"Hey! Mind helping?" Tiny calls as he shuts it off. He get out and starts pushing the car up, oil dripping from the bottom. "My something found a pothole and lost a lot of oil. Not sure how bad it is, but I'm trying to take it gently."

"How have you been?"
    Elodoth | Storm Lord | Primal Urge 1
    Grapes [/] [] [] [] [] [] [] WP (6/6)

Oath Enforcer
    Presence
    Primal Urge
    Danger Sense
    Fast Reflexes
    Fleet of Foot
    Bleeds Well

Trained Observer - 2

Anonymity - 2
    Scene Stats

PRE

Bleeds Well stares intently at the sluggish law-mobile as it smokes its' way to the garage.

A shadow passes across the Rahu's face and he glances around for Emily, "Makerith!" he calls out.

Looking back to Tiny he shrugs, "I'm sure she'll pop up." Bleeds moves around behind the car and puts his shoulder into it, giving 'er the ol' heave ho.

"Been well," he grunts and pants as he pushes. "You?"

PU: 4

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

"Its been a rough few months. Dated a cute guy, but that blew up. Work has dried up for a while, and now my car is busted. I checked on the other side, no misfortune spirit tailing me, but it sure feels like it. Glad to hear things are good with you. Anything new at the Forge?" Tiny meanders around the conversation as he pushes on the car until its safely secured. Pulling the parking brake, he opens the trunk, extracting a tray of about 40 tacos, all perfectly placed. "Nice thing about going slow, didn't even mix the carnitas and the beef tongue. Taco?" He offers.

Oath Enforcer
    Presence
    Primal Urge
    Danger Sense
    Fast Reflexes
    Fleet of Foot
    Bleeds Well

Trained Observer - 2

Anonymity - 2
    Scene Stats

PRE

Bleeds nods as Tiny divulges. He moves towards a tool bench and grabs a creeper, sliding it back towards Tiny's car. "Meh. Not great, but not poorly enough to be concerned. Just lacking progress ya know."

As he begins to kneel down on the creeper he gets a whiff of the tacos... getting oily can wait.

"Absolutely," walking over to help with the tray he eyes the tacos. "Quite a haul. Hoping to find more than just lil' ol me huh?"

"Bird's about, but haven't seen Hector in a minute."

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

"Oh that was just for me, but I can go on a diet for a little bit." He grins, wolfing down his own carnitas and onion before handing over a tongue and a carnitas and a chicken to Bleeds. "I hear you, it feels like the whole pack got stuck in a quagmire."

"I haven't smelled him in a while. I hope he didn't find anything he couldn't chew. He could chew quite a lot after all."

"Lately I've been thinking about our oath. We both swore to honor our territory in all things, and while I don't feel I've transgressed, I've not charged into our leadership's oath with the same zeal i've approached Destroyer's and Death's. How have you felt about your approach to the pan-oath?"

Oath Enforcer
    Presence
    Primal Urge
    Danger Sense
    Fast Reflexes
    Fleet of Foot
    Bleeds Well

Trained Observer - 2

Anonymity - 2
    Scene Stats

PRE

The Enforcer gladly accepts the offered tacos. Taking a bite into a taco de laguna, juices from the pico mix with the stubble on his chin. He offers a Tiny a comforting smile around his full mouth.

"I'm sure ol' crazy eyes is out there somewhere chasing down a smell, and he'll pop up with Chris when we least expect."

At the mention of the pan-oath bleeds looks away from Tiny, then back to the small man, drilling into him. This is about as close to a storm lord admitting to stumbling as he's ever heard. "Yeah. I could do better." He pauses his words and his meal to add open a pack of hot salsa to a pollo taco. "What are you thinking we do about it? All of it?" He motions vaguely with his arms.

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

Tiny laughs, and takes his own de laguna, getting it down in two bites. He chews as he listens, savoring the flavors and textures. His comments about Hector and Chris are reassuring.

"I'm glad to hear you say that. Far too many who swear to show no weakness interpret that as presenting as flawless. A flaw can be a weakness, but pretending an obvious flaw doesn't exist is always a weakness of Pride." Arrogant Winter Wolves were a dime a dozen, and lasted as fast as tacos in a werewolf meeting.

"I had mentioned before the housing development that was a hospital. Things seem to have been quiet there, but I still don't feel comfortable letting it go. Its no sacred place, but its something I feel we need to put paws on the ground and look at. I'd normally say send the Irraka to snoop first, but that would require one of them to actually jump out of the shadows."

Oath Enforcer
    Presence
    Primal Urge
    Danger Sense
    Fast Reflexes
    Fleet of Foot
    Bleeds Well

Trained Observer - 2

Anonymity - 2
    Scene Stats

PRE

Licking his fingers, Bleeds plops down on the creeper and slide under Tiny's car. The sound of banging and tapping can be heard coming from under the car. "I don't know much, but I know a thing or two. Weakness often comes from not knowing what your vulnerabilities are. I've always interpreted your oath as a commitment to improve oneself and not allowing those vulnerabilities of self to effect the pack. But what do I know."

He slid out from under the car quite a bit greasier. "Yup, definitely an oil leak. Shit's everywhere."

Standing the Rahu digs for a rag. "I might be able to fix it, Emily will have a shit fit that I touched her tools, but that's the price of absence."

Wiping his hands, Bleeds asks, "So when do you wanna go check it out?"

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

"Its your oath now, at least for a while longer, and you have a good perspective on it. There is more, but that's a better grasp than most have when they first join."

Tiny watches nervously as Bleeds checks the car, but when the wheels on the creeper roll, he turns his attention to a taco.
    He nods as Bleeds explains, "That would be awesome, thanks. I'll explain to Emily, and most likely die a glorious death for it."

"I'm not busy for the next few days. After little blue here died i cleared my calendar. But it sounds like it should be an easy fix?" He asks, hopeful.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread