(Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    New ID (Andrew Sarcacious)
    Mantle (Summer)
    (+1 Athletics, Sounds of Battle)
    Ram

Mask
    Six foot, barrel chested, and didn't skip leg day. Ram is a muscle bound behemoth. His face and body are scarred from numerous injuries and his movements look stilted with pain occasionally. Still, his craggy face does soften occasionally.

Mien
    Ram looks like he could knuckle walk if he wanted. His arms and chest are enormous. More akin to a gorilla than human. His skin is an amalgamation of stony hide with fire cracks running through it and pieces of Fey machinery grafted at the joints. Segmented pieces of metal are bolted to run down his spine legs. Wood covers his skull with willow leaves providing hair, while curved bone horns sprout from the foliage.

PRE

Ram's horns itched "I mean, I guess. Yes and no. I mean I'll keep responding to it probably. It's more...," how did he explain this? "I didn't remember my name when I came back and choosing Ram was a way to... make something good out of what had happened. Reclaim it as a choice. And now that I found my name again, it's one of those small things to reclaim. I can't go by it with my new family obviously but," he shrugged "Tobias was my name and," he gave a sheepish smile "I kinda like it. At least enough to have it be my name again."

"If you're up for helping," he didn't want Gerrit to feel like he had to after doing so much already "I'll order the pizza."

He nodded as the offer of dinner with the family was declined. It was understandable. And since it was, Ram got out his phone to order pizza (whether help with packing happened or not). It would be good to have one last meal like that had in the past.
    Render | Strength 6 | Mantle 1 Distant sounds of battle

2. Likes liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

As Gerrit understood that explanation, Tobias was full prepared to have every Fairest and their friend of the Freehold call him Ram for the rest of his days. Maybe he was seeing things a little bit too black and white, but Gerrit would make sure to honor his friends wish - even if he allegedly could live with the alternative. "I see. Tobias." It felt unusual, but not wrong. A small smile appeared on the bruised face. "Well I think it will help you not slip up when you're with them so it can't hurt to call you by this name then."

It was actually kind of surprising that the Render accepted the help, but Gerrit wouldn't have asked if he wasn't prepared to follow through. "Sure, I'm free today. You seem to be working under a deadline so you probably could use a pair of extra hands." Maybe it was strange to see him this helpful although he so obviously struggled with the situation, but if anyone could relate to that it was probably his fellow Ogre. It wasn't just violence his blood answered to so much more readily, but every strong emotion. In a way, Winter's cold also helped him to bottle it up, to act in a right way despite his feelings telling him otherwise. "Pizza, sounds great. Do you want to work until it arrives or just wait and chat?"

4. Likes liked this post

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    Merit (Arcadian Body:Str)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    Mantle (Summer)
    Ram

Mask
    Six foot, barrel chested, and didn't skip leg day. Ram is a muscle bound behemoth. His face and body are scarred from numerous injuries and his movements look stilted with pain occasionally. Still, his craggy face does soften occasionally.

Mien
    Ram looks like he could knuckle walk if he wanted. His arms and chest are enormous. More akin to a gorilla than human. His skin is an amalgamation of stony hide with fire cracks running through it and pieces of Fey machinery grafted at the joints. Segmented pieces of metal are bolted to run down his spine legs. Wood covers his skull with willow leaves providing hair, while curved bone horns sprout from the foliage.

PRE

Ram... Tobias reflected the small smile back. It felt unusual to him too. But not wrong when Gerrit said it.

Tobias knew he should continue to work on packing. The time Ashley was at work was limited. It was the smart choice. However, no one had ever accused him of being smart. So screw it, this might be the last time he got a chance to sit down and chat with the Stonebones like they had. Occasionally, even with being roommates, but important conversations that had marked time since coming to Sacramento. He wasn't going to give up the chance to have one last one.

"We can sit and chat," he said with warmth and pulled up a chair from the table.

6. Likes liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

And this is where Gerrit's friendly offer kind of backfired: he liked Tobias, but he was really bad at small-talk, at 'just chatting'. His hope was that the Render provided the topic, that they could spend some more time together on Tobias' accord.

The thing was: Gerrit didn't want to talk about himself, about what was going on within him. That eliminated Vivian, Tobias' new life and, to some extend, his friends of the Winter Court. He wasn't the type to gossip (not that he had heard anything interesting lately) and the situation really didn't call for a somber discussion of the Freehold's threats.

He was lost in thought for a few seconds, and when he started speaking it was slow and almost careful at first. "So. That garden in the Summer Hollow - did you set that up? It seemed.. impressive." At least, from what he noticed beyond the blinders of hurt that day.

8. Likes liked this post

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    Mantle (Summer)
    Ram

Mask

Mien

PRE

Ram... Tobias' brow furrowed.

"Garden?" he asked confused for second. "Oh! the meditation spot!?" That was the only place that fit Gerrit's description. Any greenery was purely incidental. The Hedge invading on his place of serenity that he had to continually pull out. Ironically, the place it should bother him least.

"Yeah, I set that up. Not sure I'd call it impressive. It's stuff I brought in from this side after I figured it would he useful. After the last couple times we went dream diving, seemed like being able to access that battlefield would be a good idea.."

New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Gerrit shrugged. "Well, I guess.. but you've built it yourself, so that's something." Maybe it wasn't exactly clever to bring up a topic of which he had only crimson-tinted memories. A rumbling sound punctuated the awkward silence that followed as the Stonebones cleared his throat. "It means that you don't necessarily only destroy."

11. Likes liked this post

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    Mantle (Summer)
    Ram

Mask

Mien

PRE

Ram gave a small smile, not sure how to feel.

"I mean, yeah...," he scratched his neck "I mean... I know that. I just don't always feel it... but I also get angry when people think me breaking things is a bad thing?" He wasn't sure how to explain to Gerrit the complicated feelings around his 'blessing. "If people think it's all I can do, it bugs me. And then if they think it's all I can do...," he sighed "That bugs me too."

He gave a single laugh.

"Part of the reason I make such a good Summer I suppose. No matter what the anger keeps on simmering.

He leaned on the table and it creaked like it was made of balsa wood.

"But I've, umm," he almost grimaced, like he was ashamed "I had to make contracts. With Artifice. And Animation. For Frances... to fix what I broke. And I'm not sure I'll be able to keep up my end of the bargain. To create a moving piece of art. Work against my nature." He wasn't sure where it all came from but he felt like he was spilling his guts to the Stonebones. Hands clasped on teh table. Intestines steaming on the floor.

New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

He was lying if Gerrit claimed he knew exactly where Ram- Tobias was coming from.. but then again that topic had been on his mind ever since he'd returned. It seemed like Ogres especially were dealing with prejudices, with opinions on how they would and should act. Was it a bad thing that Faerie shaped him into a tool for destruction? Well, yes and no. The bottom line was that that was what he excelled in now and it was up to him how to use his talents.
    "I guess.. at least you'll always have a way to channel this anger." Something the Summer seemed to be better at than the Onyx. "For me it feels like it's a matter of respect, of denying me my agency. Being confronted with people's expectations always seems to put me in a position where I either fulfil the stereotype or disappoint someone." Though it seldomly made Gerrit angry. "I talked to Rhodes about that some time ago. He claimed that that was always our decision to make, how we deal with the things we came back with." The Stonebones shrugged. If it had already sounded like an empty phrase when the Dread Lord said it, Gerrit's delivery certainly wouldn't have improved on it. "I think I'm trying not to think of others' opinion so much as a result." Trying.

Gerrit did his best not to react to the table cracking in any way. He was used to that by now and the subject matter made it so much more important. And he succeeded: his face remained neutral, only showing a frown when his friend was done talking. "Moving art? Like, something that's alive or a clockwork?" He would have offered help, but when dealing with the Wyrd one had to lay in the bed they made themselves. Plus, Tobias probably wouldn't have accepted that. "What were you thinking of so far?"

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    Mantle (Summer)
    Ram

Mask

Mien

PRE

"But caring about people never goes away, does it?" he said with a half second smile. You could try not to think about other people's opinions. He'd yet to achieve it. He wasn't sure if it would good thing if he ever managed it. To do so... it felt too close to being like Them. Even if it made the violence they as Ogres inflicted that much worse... it kept them human.

"I don't know what I was think,"
    he admitted "I just said what I knew would seal the deal... A windmill?" He really had no idea how he was going to uphold his end of the bargain. Just that he needed to. "Probably going to take a lot of time though."

New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

They were talking about a different kind of 'caring' right now, but Tobias hit the nail on the head anyway. "I guess not." Gerrit opened his mouth to add something, then closed it. Just with the dubious blessings from Arcadia, caring about people was a double-edged sword. One that had cut Gerrit many times before, but despite that he didn't want to stop caring all together. "I- You probably know what I'm talking about when I say that I sometimes care too much. In a good way, but still.. it's not just violence that comes more easily." And that would be the closest he came to talking about Vivian or how the business with the Fetch had rattled him since those things happened. The statement didn't seem open-ended, though. Already the fine layer of cold finality could be felt again.

A windmill wasn't something Gerrit would have considered himself, but then again: he had no ties with Artifice, so he wouldn't know. "Well, at least that sounds like something you can research and complete step by step?" Because for him the hardest part of creating art was knowing what to do. It felt different with his flowers at the shop, because he seemed to move within certain boundaries. An open ended project? That was just not him. "Maybe Cassandra can help you with that? She seems to be a creative thinker."

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread