(PRP Fire Heart) Ignition

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Gloria turns to Phoenyx:

"The Snakes are a cabal of Guardians. They play hard. They are cleaners. Or first response warriors. Take your pick. Venois has been using them as hunters more and more often."

Icarus continues to Guru:

"The Ladder and the Guardians are practically one in the Golden Consilium. Sometimes I wonder if they even consider themselves to be separate Order's some times. Ladder; Guardian. Both the same."

Corbin grunted as Puck interjects with his suspicions. He slowly hauls himself upright, and Icarus crosses the floor to assist; the mage might have been healed by Kaze but the long term psychological and physical trauma is taking much longer to work out. He frowns, the lines on his drawn face growing deeper as he focusses on the computer.

"We took our information from a back up server. An old server. Almost completely forgotten. I had only heard rumours. So had Striga Mortis - and it took the two of us working together to put the pieces together, so I doubt her information was bad. She is no pawn of the establishment. Venois must have been using her own resources as well... We ended up in a race to find it and thats when many of my allies burned themselves to buy us time, one way or another."

His voice wavered with effort as he studied the records, a shaking hand running across his scarred forehead. He stopped speaking, his speech ending in a resounding sigh. A tremor ran through the injured Libertine, then he sagged and if it not been for Icarus' steady hands, Corbin would have folded to the floor. Instead, guided by his comrade, the Libertine sagged back into his seat.

Gloria stiffened in her seat, eyes suddenly wide and bouncing from one individual to the other.

"What? What are you saying? Corbin!"

2. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze watches the exiled mages, on the run, with precious information--seriously this is so much like Star Wars--realizing that someone somewhere apparently corrupted or swapped their spell. Serious bummer.

Then a ring tone sounds, The Sorcerer's Apprentice.

"Oh...wow. Really Dad?" Kaze says, looking at a text message, sounding kind or excited and bummed at the same time. Looks like he's about to learn something about living on the road himself.

Kaze looks at the others. "Hey, don't le me interrupt, but I gotta go. Seriously. And I don't know when I'll be back. Anyway, sorry, and I hope this works out better than it has so far. The Circle is pretty amazing, you guys should be safe here." Kaze ventures, not mentioning that he's not the one to offer them long term accommodations there.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

4. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Winds blow around the mage, varying in intensity depending on the spell and parting abruptly after.
    Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Welp. That sounded like an affirmative to Puck.

"I think you lost the race."
    He's talking as much to Corbin as he is to Gloria. "Maybe not by much, and that's why the useful things that are left are still on here. They didn't have time to delete it all. They added these notes to throw you off and mislead you."

The Enchanter shrugged.

"Granted, this is conjecture. I can probably use Time to go over the general history of the object or use Space to check the sympathies, but I don't think it'll do that much. The Sympathetic strands are going to go to people I don't know or recognize and the Time spell I'm thinking of will only be a general description what happened with it since it was made."

Still maybe worth it? Puck wants second opinions first though.

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)

PRE

The First Talon doesn't respond to the assessment of the Snakes. It was another question to try and trace down when she called other Arrows.

She looks up at Gloria. "He's saying Venois, or her people, fed bad information to Strygia Mortis somehow or that she was working for the Guardians the whole time." There was no point hiding behind subtext. This was what she truly disliked about Guardians. The lying, the secrecy... all of it justified in their eyes. Suspicion against allies and friends.

She looks to Kaze. "Stay safe." With what they had learned, that was more important than ever.

Phoneyx looks to Puck. It was a good idea. "There are still gaps in what we know. If there is a chance you can find more, whe should take it."

Sorry I've been vanished. Hopefully we can keep things moving
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

7. Likes liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

"No! Striga is no Guardian sympathiser!"

Gloria's voice cracked as she almost yelled.

Icarus and Corbin are looking at Kaze as he leaves - and then their attention snaps firmly to Puck. If anything, Corbin seems to deflate further.

"The lore house had already been compromised. I... We... Were trying to salvage what could be... We had no choice.... I didn't see it..."

Corbin's voice faltered and drained into a whisper.

"Or Venois played us; put us in the worst possible situation and drew us all out. And we burned ourselves for nothing. Just like the Arrows..."

Icarus made a face and looked away - away from the PC box; away from Puck.

"We are Obrimos. None of us are versed in Time or Space. We will have to defer to you, Puck."

Icarus manages to face the Arrow and the Libertine. Gloria, overcome, can only hold a hand to her mouth.

Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

Guru furrowed his brow, it seemed like a leap to him. Were they all jumping at shadows? Even as he worried that Snakes would make their way here, supplant members of the Council even. Maybe not that much of a leap. He looked over at the refuge Libertines and try and offer at least a shred of hope. "Let's see what we find out first? You still have your lives, there's still a way out of this mess." He smiled but it was dim compared to usual, he looked over at Puck. "I say it's worth knowing Puck but you're the one casting , so if you think it's safe go for it. If we need a full examination of the physical device I'm well versed in Matter." He doubted any physical sabotage could have accomplished this.

Looking confused as Kaze passed by him on the way to the door, a small wave goodbye was all he could manage. He pursed his lips and moved back over to take a seat once more, he steepled his fingers and leaned his head forward trying to think of alternative solutions.

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Winds blow around the mage, varying in intensity depending on the spell and parting abruptly after.
    Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

A hand raises up to Gloria, moving between her and Phoenyx.

"I'm not questioning loyalties, only the sequence of events. How who got where when."

The why was obvious.

"I'll start with the sympathy. Fate and then Space to isolate targets."

And with that a golden glyph began to blossom. He leveled his gaze on the computer and the myriad of web-like strings that spun out from it. Hopefully this was enough, mostly because he just remembered he didn't have the conjunctionals for the Time spell. Oops. No need to say that part out loud.

3 suxx Interconnections after contagion, 5 suxx interconnections scrutiny
    Date Action Roll Result
    2021-11-02 20:02:14 [03] Puck rolls 11 to Interconnections scrutiny (Wits+Empathy+Fate) (10 Again) 1, 4, 10, 7, 4, 5, 9, 9, 10, 10, 9, 5, 9, 8 8 successes
    2021-11-02 20:02:14 [02] Puck rolls 11 to Interconnections scrutiny (Wits+Empathy+Fate) (10 Again) 4, 2, 1, 5, 1, 5, 3, 7, 2, 1, 7 failure
    2021-11-02 20:02:14 [01] Puck rolls 11 to Interconnections scrutiny (Wits+Empathy+Fate) (10 Again) 7, 7, 9, 1, 7, 3, 7, 2, 6, 5, 2 1 success
    2021-11-02 20:01:46 Puck rolls 8 to Imp Interconnections (Fate+Gno+HS) (10 Again) 4, 9, 1, 5, 10, 5, 5, 8, 8 4 successes

11. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Icarus stares levelly at Guru for a moment, the Shaman's words obviously not sinking in. Corbin and Gloria seem much more calmed, much more receptive.

A pregnant pause grows when Puck begins his spell casting. For the Libertine, the threads of fate are clearly visible but ephemeral: neon noodles with the consistency of vapour - initially - and growing in solidity till they become both slick and sharp as his focus deepens. It is hard work, intense work, for the Acanthus. He is working without the presence of the device (which falls under a different purview). The knot of fate wrapped around the null space of the computer's presence is, however, all the Puck really needs.

Isolating Corbin, Gloria, and Icarus - done.

Isolating the network of - presumably - Corbin's allies... done. Mostly? Puck thinks. Nearly all of them are still alive (but he can't say for certain what their actual status is). They fan slightly, north and south of the Bay area; a number of them head straight back to San Francisco.

And then winnowing out the chaff - the Known and the Described connections. There is a few. More than a few. Too many Known and Described connections for a computer that was supposedly sealed away and hidden. If Puck didn't have the background from Corbin and the others, he would have missed the significance.

Many of the Known and Described connection are also off. Puck can't say how for sure - but he has a good sample of healthy connections to look at and these appear somehow anaemic.

All the 'anaemic' threads trail off, limply, in one direction: toward San Francisco.

Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

He waited quietly for a long moment, fidgeting as softly as he could. Puck delving into the devices connections. He was glad to see a little cheer at least, always hope, a solution to be found. Sometimes the price was high though. Foot tapping idly against the floor.

He'd made the offer to give it a look over with a crafter's eye but not seeing the bait taken he let it die. Likely one of them had at least enough knowledge to do it themselves he figured. It was sabotage Guru would put money on the Guardians having an insider. And it was easy for that paranoia to creep in, to see the guests as suspects. But it was easy to let it go too, to remember they were traumatized refugee's who were lucky to be alive.

Sorry, know I'm jumping ahead a bit, wanted to get one out before my trip this week!

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Puck's eyes flick about as they follow threads up to the other Libertines and back. Then South. Then South again. A pattern was emerging, and Puck wasn't going to be able to get the full picture from Sacramento.

"Lot's of connections to the living, which I suppose is good for you guys." The Acanthus blinks a few times before rubbing his eyes. "Honestly? To many connections. If this thing was hidden it wasn't hidden well. Lots of people grew connected to it. People all around San Fran and the surrounding area. Well, surrounding now. Maybe just the city proper then?"

Puck stops rubbing and sits for a second. He almost immediately glares back at the subject of his scrutiny.

"Some of the connections are weird. Anemic? I'm not sure, and I can't really check with Space unless both ends of the connection are in sympathetic range. I'm not up to snuff on the Space arcanum to cast sympathetically yet."

What was the difference between naturally occurring sympathy and one manufactured with Space? Perhaps more relevantly, what was the difference between a natural known connection and one obscured to appear less relevant?

​"I'd prioritize finding a more experienced Space mage to check out those weird connections and try to sever them. Best case scenario someone is trying to manufacture sympathy to try to get to you guys. Worst case scenario they have it and obscured it to blend with the other connections."

The Libertine paused for a moment. He gave a bit of good and a bit of bad information for his order mates to process and looks to them to see their response before continuing.

15. Likes , Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread