(Unassuming)
    Status
    (Mysterium)
    Emotional Detachment
    Library
    (Classical Mysticism)
    Mobius
    Nimbus

Visual lag (jerky motions, sudden starts and stops) seems to occur around the onlookers' periphery, and the world takes on muted rainbow shades that shift and bend, like a magnet near a CRT television.

PRE

On a chilly afternoon Mobius found herself sitting in the common yard of the circle, her back propped against a grand pillar. The sun was already showing signs of descent, and a brisk breeze was blowing. Unfazed thanks to an oversized hoodie, Mobius was reading a novel, a collection of H.P. Lovecraft inspired stories. She had finished some work on her grimoire in the Athenaeum only a short while ago, and was taking this opportunity to relax. All things considered, the Circle was one of the quietest places she had managed to find in Sacramento - and in addition, she had swore to herself that she would try to be more visible in the local awakened community. Even if that visibility was just as the weird quiet girl who shows up once or twice a month.

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx entered the Circle from her latest patrol, her longcoat wrapped around her tightly against the cold. On her way towards the tower, she caught sight of Mobius sitting in the common yard. Brow furrowing slightly, she changed direction and headed towards her. The woman looked familiar, but the Arrow was struggling to place her.

"Hello," She says cautiously. "Can I help you? You look familair but I cannot place you or recall your name."
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

3. Likes liked this post
    Mobius
    Presence
    (Unassuming)
    Status
    (Mysterium)
    Emotional Detachment
    Library
    (Classical Mysticism)
    Mobius
    Nimbus

Visual lag (jerky motions, sudden starts and stops) seems to occur around the onlookers' periphery, and the world takes on muted rainbow shades that shift and bend, like a magnet near a CRT television.

PRE

Distracted as she was Mobius didn't notice the other mage approach. The sudden sound of a woman's voice startled her, causing her to shut her book instinctively. "Ah shoot! Didn't mark my page.." she mumbled, looking at her book with a pout. When her hazel eyes met the Arrow's own, her cheeks reddened slightly, realizing she said that out loud.

"Sorry.." she cleared her throat, "I'm Mobius." Suddenly she felt as if she didn't belong here. Like she was the teenager about to shoplift and Phoenyx was the mall cop. "No, no.. I don't need help. Just reading." She lifts her book from her lap for emphasis. She sat up straight, awaiting a scolding for some unknown infraction.

"You're.."

2 successes

"Phoenyx. Right?" Recognition visible in her soft eyes. "You and Kaze used to have a thing?" She blurted out, her mouth moving far faster than her mind.

5. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

There's a nod and a hint of a smile before the eyes widen slightly in surprise. "That.... was a long time ago. I did not realise it had become common knowledge." There is a hint of pink as the Arrow flushes slightly. She shifted from one foot to the other awkwardly.

Mobius.... "You.... visited the Concillium some time ago. Is that right?" She checks. "I am afraid I cannot recall anything about you. Have you returned on a more permanent basis?"

Mobius
    Presence
    (Unassuming)
    Status
    (Mysterium)
    Emotional Detachment
    Library
    (Classical Mysticism)
    Mobius
    Nimbus

PRE

"Kaze had mentioned it once, I think." She was kicking herself mentally. "Don't worry, I wouldn't say its common knowledge. He was just being chatty that day.. maybe." she laughed.

"Its been awhile since I stopped in. And no big deal, people tell me I don't make much of an impression." She couldn't remember exactly when she had last popped in. Last summer maybe? "It's hard to say. You know the stereotype about Acanthae. Gone with the wind." In reality, she sometimes wondered if her perception of time was skewed. What feels like yesterday to her seems like quite some time for others. She had spent more than one restless night worried she might someday jump through time, too far to ever return. She quickly pushed those thoughts away. "The plan is to stick around though."

Giving Phoenyx a quick glance, she suddenly remembered something else, "Do you still have a motorcycle? Kaze said you were cool like that." Her meek expression suddenly becoming one of awe.

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

There was a restrained sigh and the Arrow managed not to roll her eyes. "He is very good at talking with people. I had hoped to keep it mostly private - though I suppose it was a long time ago."

Phoenyx nodded. "I see. I have found most people stay in this Concilium when they fel they have a reason to stay. Some manner of vocation that keeps them from moving elsewhere quickly. Perhaps you could find one." Shre looked thoughtful for a moment. "Do you have an Order? I assume you are not an Arrow, but perhaps that might help you find a suitable role to take on."

She finally did smile. "Yes. I've put a lot of miles on recently while on work for my Order. I find it's far more practical than a car for getting around the city quickly. Do you ride?"

Mobius
    Presence
    (Unassuming)
    Status
    (Mysterium)
    Emotional Detachment
    Library
    (Classical Mysticism)
    Mobius
    Nimbus

PRE

"At least someone is good at it." She scratches her cheek and considers her own lack of social skills.

"Oh no, definitely not an arrow!" She laughs, waving her hands in front of her. "I'm with the Mysterium." Originally because her mentor was, but she ultimately found their purpose to resonate with her. "Not that I have much of a 'role' with them..." She paused, considering whether she should discuss her workings. In the end, she respected what the Arrows did, even if it wasn't the path for her. For some reason she trusted Phoenyx beyond what she should for a veritable stranger. It was probably the air of authority the woman had. It was one of her weaknesses for sure. "Wait a sec.." She placed her book on the cool grass, and pulled a messenger bag that she had been using as a cushion from behind her.

Rummaging inside the bag, she grasped blindly until she found it. She pulled another book from her bag, it was spiral bound and looked like a journal or something you could buy at any chain bookstore. "Wanna take a look? It's my, uhh.. spellbook." It sounded silly to say aloud. But she extended the grimoire towards Phoenix from her still seated position.

"You sound like you belong in an action movie. Cruising around on a bike. Do you have the leather jacket too?" she teased amicably. "I don't ride, I don't even have a car to drive." she sighed with an exaugurated sulk.

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

She shrugs, with a small smile. "I have been told it comes with practice. I am better than I used to be. If you were an Arrow, then you never reported to me when you arrived." Cautiously, she reached out and took the book, starting to flick through the spells.

2 successes

"Interesting. Do you use these as a part of rituals, or do they form the backbone of academic understanding of magical theory?"
    Phoenyx asked curiously.

The Arrow cocked her head slightly, gesturing to the leather overcoat she had on. "Only this one. I don't think I look like I belong in a movie, although I ahven;t seen a lot of films." She does manage to notice the sulking. "It is never too late to learn. This may not be a true world, but it is real enough. We need skillls to survive in it. If you ahve been thinking of taking a test, I recommend it. There is something... freeing... about travelling fast down an empty road." It draws another smile ourt of Phoenyx, as if recalling a fond memory.

11. Likes liked this post
    Mobius
    Presence
    (Unassuming)
    Status
    (Mysterium)
    Emotional Detachment
    Library
    (Classical Mysticism)
    Mobius
    Nimbus

PRE

The book is mostly filled with failed attempts at supernal runes, many scribbled out or repeated endlessly on the same page. One minor rote of the Time arcana does stand out, complete with a formula and high speech components.

"Nothing so fancy," she replies, embarrassed. "Just practice, mostly. I want to build it up though. One day I hope it can be of use to other mages." It wasn't much, but she did have some pride in it. The only thing she had managed to truly make in her short life.

It would be just like a movie character to not know they looked the part. "I guess your duties wouldn't leave much time for going to the theater, huh?"

"Is that an offer? If so, you can't get mad if I wreck it." she joked, knowing inside she'd be way to nervous to ever drive one herself.

13. Likes Xadun liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

"Hmm. Do you have a pen?" the Arrow asked, looking at some of the runework. "You are missing a part of this sigil for Force. I can correct it for you if you like. Being an Obrimos makes it something of a specialty. Just be sure to keep the book close - you would not want to lose this."

There's a small smile. "Actually, I quite enjoy the theatre. I use it for practice to learn about expressions, reading emotions. I have been told I work too much, so I have been trying to give myself more free time."

She frowned a little. "That is not what I meant. I do not want my bike damaged." Phoenyx seemed to have missed the joke.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread