Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2109) At the Archive - Hunt details

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Sep 22, 2021 : (2109) Autumn Equinox
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

It was only when Gerrit was done and Rhodes offered him absolution that he noticed the Elemental joining the growing group of Lost looking for the Dread Lord's attention. What was her name again? Riley? No quite, but close. Rhodes' words brought his attention back to the Fairest though. A hunt? He remembered the violence he had endured, the few cases of violence he had dished out and felt an uncomfortable cold form in the pit of his stomach.
    "I.. will consider it. Thank you." Would he, though? As of now he wasn't really in the mood for this. Unless of course someone asked him for his assistance. Then he could see himself doing this, depending on who asked. As it stood he had nothing of the sort to prove to anyone, so he distanced himself with a respectful nod to make room for people actually interested.

That mish-mash of animals, for instance. She seemed pretty focused on the hunt, not noticing anyone else around her. Should he start a conversation? Maybe he should ask the oily fox how the city has been treating her so far. Or maybe I don't have to shoulder everyone's burden. Maybe those people will ask if they needed anything. A cold thought, quite unusual in sentiment. Gerrit tried that idea, looking at it from different angles and decided he liked it. He didn't have to force himself into other people's life.

Sonnie was regarded with a nod, and Worm even got a reserved smile to boot. He also looked for John's eyes as he went, hopefully signaling and acknowledging his friend and King without making a big fuss out of it for now.
    He felt like he had fulfilled his duties and went back to the main part of the party as not to clutter the space around the Dread Lord.

Continued in (2109) Autumn Equinox...

2. Likes liked this post

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    Merit (Arcadian Body:Str)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    New ID (Andrew Sarcacious)
    Mantle (Summer)
    (+1 Athletics, Sounds of Battle)
    Ram

Mask
    Six foot, barrel chested, and didn't skip leg day. Ram is a muscle bound behemoth. His face and body are scarred from numerous injuries and his movements look stilted with pain occasionally. Still, his craggy face does soften occasionally.

Mien
    Ram looks like he could knuckle walk if he wanted. His arms and chest are enormous. More akin to a gorilla than human. His skin is an amalgamation of stony hide with fire cracks running through it and pieces of Fey machinery grafted at the joints. Segmented pieces of metal are bolted to run down his spine legs. Wood covers his skull with willow leaves providing hair, while curved bone horns sprout from the foliage.

PRE

Ram still wasn't sure if he'd be joining the ninja hunting group but he felt he owed Rhodes for his helpful (longwinded) information that the Ogre needed to at least hear the man out on the details.

He gives a friendly wave to Rlyeh, surprised (but glad) she was taking an interest in the Freehold ritual despite her shyness.

He waited expectantly for the Leaden crown to issue edict or whatever.
    Continued from Friends At the Table...
    Render | Strength 6 | Mantle 1 Distant sounds of battle

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe holds up her hands in a placatory gesture as Worm introduces their team, "No, there won't be any weird poses fer this. And it is so long as Groundskeeper duties don't interfere with the hunt," she looks to Rhodes, "So, if I'm ta be part of emergency response or yer hunt's voice with the Internet," the Summer Queen smiles, "I'll just have ta be the team's arms master."

Circe was certain she could do a lot with computers, Ram could vouch for that, and driving to folks quickly? Yes, she could do both.

Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes nodded in response to James' question. "Rather than repeat over and over I'll be going over the details shortly. Though if this is it...." He looks around, a nonchalant shrug. The Ash run was not for everyone.

"Snipe?" he asked. "Not quite. You'll see."

"Not a sheet," he replies to Worm. "I have something a little more binding in mind."

The Dread Lord looked around, taking a folder from the shelf behind him.

"Well, my friends, I should make the details clear. First, you are chasing the same prey, as I said before. One I consider most cunning and, in it's own way, dangerous. You will be hunting.... me."

The smile broadened as he paused just a moment to watch the reactions. "Well. Not strictly me. The version of myself from a life not lived." He opend the folder and took out a poleroid, holding it face out around the circle. The man in the picture was clearly Rhodes - or at least, the Rhodes when his mask was hardened, looking some twenty years younger than the Fairest before them. "I spent many years in the Hedge while this creature, my Fetch, walked free in a fraction of the time. I learned the ways of the Autumn Court while trying to track down this creature, and it lead me here. It has been one of my projects to find it. Now, there is no way I can return to my old life - I am far too different in age - but a Fetch is still a tool of the Gentry, tied magically to it's true face - myself. It lives here, in the city - there is no need to leave. Though provoke it, and who can say." He offers a small smile.

"Work together or alone, work fast or slow. I do not care - your competition is one another, and I neither condemn nor condone how you do it, provided you keep the veil of secrecy. Any who wish to partake will swear an oath to speak only truth on their involvement with the hunt and my fetch as I said before. The oath will be on the keeper's name - A demonstration of how seriously I take this affair - and punishment will be swift as an Autumn wind. Refusal to answer my questions regarding the Hunt in the debriefing will reflect poorly on your performance, but upon binding the Oath you do receive this rather rakish photo of myself in younger years. Yours to keep." He waves the poleroid back and forth.

"If you have any questions, now is the time. If not, I will make the pledge."

Because of timings and making things easier, anyone who wants to sign up to the plot will be assumed to have sworn the pledge. It's a severe punishment for breaking it, but it's easy not to break. Don't forget to sign up in the OOC thread so I know who to find things for!
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

Giant
    (7 feet tall; not fond of low ceilings)
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Mien: Liam's skin is hardened into a bark-like armor with pine cone-like ridges throughout. His hair is made of pine needles that act a bit like a hedgehog's quills; standing up when agitated or smooth when calm. His eyes are a deep amber and his tears appear to have the consistency of sap until they leave his face.

Mantle: The scent of pine sap in a close radius, his needle-like hair ripples occasionally as if tugged by a light breeze.
    Combat Stats

Def: 2 (Dex/Wits)
    Armor: 0/0
    Initiative: 5
    Speed: 12 (w/ Fleet of Foot)

Ogre Seeming Bonus
    -Add Glam to Str pools (1 per Glam)

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

Liam sneaks to the back of the crowd, sheepishly trying not to pull attention from the Dread Lord of Autumn. The fact that he arrives just as Rhodes was describing the quarry doesn't help matters. The Giant's eyes go wide. Wait! We're hunting a Fetch? Rhodes' Fetch? The Giant's bark-brown skin goes pale, and he stands in stunned silence as Rhodes gives out directions.

apologies for the late entry! Liam will go last for Pledge signing

7. Likes Xadun liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Rhodes? My title as Groundskeeper is still a security thing." Circe is speaking loudly and clearly. "That negates me from dangerous sabotage of others, but should my title require me ta be available ta pull others asses out of the fire IF they cause problems fer our secrecy. Quick evac and hacking away records?"

Circe sighs, "Not much point in me signing up if I hafta keep helping everyone as Groundskeeper. Might as well just do that from the start. Duty is itself on fun sometimes." Of course she'd make a pun.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

9. Likes liked this post
    Presance
    (There)
    Dex ●●●●●●
    (Nimble)
    Allies
    (Street)
    R'lyeh

New ID: Riley Rivers | Danger Sense | Direction Sense | Trained Memory | Trained Observer | Allies (Street) |
    Mask

A slim Caucasian women, with frayed, frizzy bleached hair, chapped lips and irritated, red skin surrounding her eyes.

Underneath her clothes are a myriad of scars, most notably on her back shaping like wings, and her stomach, Great wide slashes that never healed correctly.
    Mien

Oil black, miasma purple, and dishwater white, the pallet of the fox girl drowning in crude oil, her hair continues to spill only halted by her triangular fox ears, popping from the side of her head.

Miasma fur lay neatly with dirty glass & black ice feathers, with a trio of smog-smoke tails, easily seen now, is a slash across her throat, yowling open. Acts more like tattoo now, withrows of yellow fangs, and a wet looking tongue lolling out.
    Mantle 1

The feeling of sunbaked heat of a Summer roadtrip, paired with the wafting smell of gasoline from a roadstop.

PRE

Blightbent Riddleseeker

And suddenly there is a lot. A Lot. Of people. People are here and around her and R'lyeh doesn't know how to keep herself....to herself. what if they get too close? Everyone was in party clothes and she'd already ruined Roshon 's very-nice-very-expensive-very-pretty-suit-suit.

She shrinks into herself. Eyes wide and watching. Hands clenching and unclenching, as she feels herself salivate.

Fetch hunt.

Not just anyone's Fetch, not hers or theirs but his the Autumn-King-Dread-Lords-Rhodes' Was he bringing a blood sprt to the Freehold? Teaching Fetches Fear? Exercising the power of the Leaden Mirror? Or.

or.

did he think he couldn't hunt his fetch on his own?

"....if we're separating into groups, or not, or whatever. And we're going to Pledge truth....are we all going to be cooperative? Or....will we-people be able to hinder others-groups-or-individuals in a not-laying-about-the-fetch-and-the-hunt-type-manner?"
    Wyrd ●●● | Heath: | Willpower: | Glamour: | Mantle and Noteable Merits in Minisheet

11. Likes Xadun, Endymion, liked this post
    The Damn Colonel
    Presence
    (Rakish)
    Summer Mantle
    (Heat Shimmer)
    Strength
    (Surprisingly Strong)
    Status, Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Languages
    (Spanish)
    Colonel Worm

Mask
    Worm is tall, whip thin, and corded with muscle. He's got more than a few scars. His eyes are blue and wild. His dirty blond hair is often greasy and worn short in the front, longer in the back—what some may call a mullet. There's always a mischievous smile on his lips. His wardrobe is extensive and totally crazy, filled with second-hand costumery and bizarre outfits scavenged from thrift-bins. The clothes reflect his attitude: Colonel Worm loves to make a scene and leave a lasting impression, for better or worse.

Mien
    Worm's mien is quintessential Goblin: he is taller, thinner, and more scarred. His skin is a bright red and his eyes a glaucous white (with no discernible pupils). What little hair he has is also white. His ears and nose are pointed and his hands and feet are approximately doubled in size. His muscles stand out like lengths of rope beneath his skin.
    Colonel Worm

Mantle
    The air around Worm shimmers and bends with heat mirage, something you might see coming off of blacktop on a 100 degree day.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Soldier

Rhodes does the big reveal and, for the second time tonight, Worm looks completely gob-smacked.

What a fucking twist!

Also, hadn't Ram just talked about scrapping a fetch? Something in the air. And the Colonel likes the way it smells.

When the Dread Lord produces the polaroid, Worm wolf whistles softly. Elbows the newly arrived Liam and gives the Ogre a look that says, Look at that hunk!

Other folks ask their questions. Circe clearing conflict-of-interest shit.

And Deepwater Horizon talks sabotage. Worm gives Smog-Fox an appraising look. She's playing three dimensional chess over there. The Goblin's impressed. And wary. This is his competition after all.

White-within-white eyes back to Rhodes. "Got any tips, little tib-bits or whatever, to gets us started? Address? Day job? Hobbies?" Worm's almost certain Rhodes won't let anything slip. But it never hurts to ask.

13. Likes Origins, , liked this post

Roshon
    Striking Looks
    (Grand)
    Roshon

Mien
    Roshon's true form is far more chaotic than even most other Lost, as they can at least claim to be symmetrical. Not so for Roshon. Sure, from the tips of the miniature blackbuck horns that sprout from her head, everything looks fine, but then it comes to her ears, with one being a fuzzy red panda tuft, and the other being like that of a dhole. Her eyes are like those a big cat, and though her hair is just as it appears with her mask, the fur of a striped hyena runs in a black and white mane down her spine. A pair of fangs lie beneath her lips, and a tiger tail sprouts from the base of her spine. Her hands are scaled like the feet of a bird, and if one is lucky enough to see her with boots off, a pair of mutant crocodile feet lie beneath.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Miner Chimera

"Don't think of it as sabotage. Think of it as competition. Otherwise, we'd all just be a bunch of mercenaries accepting payment, not participants in this grand and festive tradition," Roshon said, meeting the eyes of the others before shooting Rhodes a wink.

She wasn't surprised by the revelation. It was typical. Rhodes was a Monarch, and all Monarchs used others to their advantage. Came with the territory.

"But in the interest of fair competition, makes sense that we'd all be given the same information at the start, yeah? The Colonel had some good questions. But pledge first, and all that."
    Roshona Dhar, Wizened: Miner/Chimera. Courtless. Striking Looks: Grand.

15. Likes Origins, Endymion, liked this post

0 Scenes

4 days left of the main thread! Everyone who wants to participate in the Fetch Hunt needs to sign up (here) before the Scene ends!

17. Likes Xadun liked this post
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread