Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2109) At the Archive - Hunt details

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Sep 22, 2021 : (2109) Autumn Equinox
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

Well, this was a turnaround. Sonnie'd been expecting a Hedgebeast or some other sort of Hob. A run through the Hedge, tracking the game and running it to ground. Monkeys weren't inherently predators. They mostly stuck to fruit, but they weren't above eating frogs or small birds.

A Fetch was a whole different kettle of fish. Did she even know how to hunt one? She'd found her own doppleganger easily enough, but that was in her own life. Her old one, the parameters of which she knew very well. Rhodes' mortal life was a complete enigma to her. "So this is more like a private detective case, then a big game hunt. Eeeeeeeteresting." She tapped a finger against her chin in thought, "Yeah, anybody know how to do private eye stuff? I wanna be on that team."
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

2. Likes , Xadun liked this post
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

"Mmm?" The Autumn King looks around at Circe. "Oh, yes. Of course. Well. While your title certainly precludes the necessity of support in dangerous tangles, I see no reason you cannot participate. How you keep to the duties of Groundskeeper is far more to your own conscience. If you are prioritizing that, I certainly won't object."

He looks to Ryleh, the easy smile flashing sinister for a moment. "I leave those details entirely to your conscience, my dear. This is a competition - help or hinder as you see fit. What is Autumn without a little Fear? The pledge will not bind you loyalty to one another, only to speak the truth when speaking of the Fetch - that I might be sure of the details of the victor. Choose to work together or work alone; to the victor - or victors - the spoils, but those that come close and spin a tale worthy of praise are also likely to be rewarded. This is as much creating an event as it is the simple bragging rights of victory." There was a pleased inclination of the head and a wave of the hand towards to Roshon's comment. The Chimera clearly had the grasp of the situation.

Emeralds turn to Worm appraisingly, before looking at the gathered group. "I will say this - my pursuit has revealed the Creature was sent forth to sow chaos and despair. It is a conniving creature, a trickster and con-artist. As such, it has no fixed abode I have ever been able to decipher and has several aliases. The photos were taken when I spotted it conducting some of it's business, the details of which I do not know, but I have managed to interview one or two of it's previous victims, grifted out of large sums of their savings."

He looks about.

"In that case..." he cracks his knuckles and clears his throat. "All those that seen participation in the Ash Run do hereby swear, on the name of the Gentry that shaped them the Changeling, given or not, that they will speak only the truth of their involvement between the other participants and the target of the hunt - A servant of Ophelia the eternal Gardener, the Fetch that mimics the lost form of I known as Rhodes, the Ashen Lord of Sacramento." Rhodes forces his voice back into it's usual calm. "All who swear will be gifted with insight into the mind of the detective, to aid in their hunt. But should an untruth pass the lips on this, and not only does their former master know of their presence but they will also feel the fury of Autumn's icy bite, the Brother to the Ague."

The Dread Lord's Mantle sends a chill wind wide across the Hollow as the flare of the Wyrd takes hold.

"This binding will last one full turn of the season, until the Crown passes to the Onyx Court, at which time both blessing and curse unweave."

He looks around, expectantly.

An Oath on the name of the Keeper
    Task: Lesser Forbiddance (lie about the prey)
    Boon: Lesser Adroitness (Investigation)
    Curse: Median Pishogue of Brother to the Ague. Should the Pledge be broken the contract activates.
    Duration: Median Season (until Winter Coronation)

I know we're pushed for time - don't worry about slamming a response in here. Anyone signing up HERE will be considered to be participating, and the plot will start as soon as Sloth closes the Autumn Coronation!

Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.
    Circe Scenes

Rage singing, no work with Ozzy, Shake the shanty

+1
    SL
    PRE

"A bullet ta it's head, will surely leave it dead, but not really caught, if I did that," Circe shrugs, "So a dart in the ass instead." But she'd still shoot it if it was a Courtier's life or the Fetch's bounty.

A con-artist? "I know some elements it will NOT have conned yet. 'cause it hasn't gotten executed by them." Circe's more standard local clients tended to have violent responses to getting grafted. She was sure one owned a cement mixer to go full classic. Still, Circe had an in on the black market side of things.

Screw it, why not. She might as well look into this and see if she could get some money out of it. Maybe get Rhodes to buy her some riot gear to match up with Ram's. Or get him to wear a dress. She'd flip a coin on it. "Fancy Pledge. A throw away toy, lost ta the stupidity of the bitch Keeper stung in her ass by a wasp, guardian Lady of Wrath for Saramento, named Circe, swears ta take part in this battle, save for risking life or secrets of others. I shall work with my team if they stay the course."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

5. Likes Xadun liked this post

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

A face in a city of over half a million people, he supposed if it was easy there wouldn’t be much need for a hunt or prize. John’s face remained stoic and placid as others bandied about the competitive aspect of the competition, as they jockeyed back and forth John looked over the images, took in the face, noted the details and attached it to a new file that was forming in his mind. Marked High Priority, at least for a season. John’s attention then shifted back up as he looked over the group that had gathered and begun to swear their oaths. This was as much a test for them as it was a hunt.

Was this about the tradition, revenge, or was another game afoot? At the very least John may be able to see what the others do and how. The question is who could he work with that was gathered? He’d need to shore up his weaknesses, even if he could find the fetch there was still that pesky capture part. Or would teams be more mercurial? There was a lot to find out and that excited the Darkling.

As the pledge began, he realized how serious it was, an oath on the name of the Keeper an oath you dare not break. An oath he dares not break. He felt his stomach churn and wretch as he’d swear along with the others. “...I swear on her name The Lady of Light, the Bright Queen and Keeper of the Crystal Palace…” and he felt his stomach lurch as those words left his mouth. He was happy he hadn’t eaten anything yet. He had the beginnings of an idea but he'd need to work with Rhodes first on it. "I have an idea, would it be possible that I could ask your expert advice in the matter at some point soon Dread Lord?" He wasn't sure how much assistance Rhodes would even be allowed to offer in this competition.

Goes by the name: John

7. Likes liked this post

0 Scenes

One by one the Lost Swear upon their Keepers, Swearing upon Truth of the Hunt and the Fetch that is their prey. Autumn has just begun, and with it, the the Fear of one misplaced word that might bring their Keepers dread attention back towards them....

End Scene! Cayce you'll need to do a Scene with Rhodes to regain the lost Status caused by not getting to the Wyrdstone in time for the Equinox to close!

Turning the Hunt PrP over to Xadun !
    Last edited by Saber Sloth; Oct 22nd, 2021 at 12:18 PM.

9. Likes Xadun liked this post
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread