Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Interim Progress Report to Quinn

THREADID
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

The next time Quinn is at Elysium, she is delivered an envelope by some hanger on or other. Written neatly on the front in blue ink are the initials QD.

On the back, MN is inscribed over the sealed flap in the same, blue ink. Those prim, little letters are intact. The message has not been tampered with.

In the envelope is a thumb drive. When Quinn is able to access its contents, she finds a single document entitled Interim_PR_MN. The tone of the message contained therein is, as one would expect, crisply professional. While seemingly exhaustive, the content and context remain remarkably vague. Quinn will likely note that Milton is careful to avoid even the use of her name.

Hello,

I am writing to provide a brief update on the project you've engaged me to conduct. I first want to assure you that I am the only individual who has worked on this task. Further, when the time comes, any individuals who may be eventually involved (for management purposes, after my part of the work is complete) will know only what is needed to properly perform their function. That knowledge will be technical in nature, and quite limited.

As I write, I have successfully completed the first two milestones in a four-stage timeline: data analysis and market analysis/planning. Both have yielded promising results. I am now ready to begin execution of the protocol I've defined to best produce the desired ends. The next milestone concerns a variety of financial and contractual arrangements. Beyond that, third parties will be engaged to extend the work beyond my scope. This is the final milestone. At that point, I will submit a final report with all required details and consider the matter closed (unless, of course, you require an extension of my engagement).

I request that my final report be made in person. If you agree, I would be happy to secure the site of our last meeting. Likewise, if you would like further details about the current state of affairs, please let me know and we can arrange a meeting for that purpose. While you have previously expressed confidence in my ability to see this through on my own, I thought it best to offer should you require greater clarity. If you would like a further update now, please let me know promptly so I do not proceed with the work before we can speak.

Do let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Best,
    MN

Leaving this open should Quinn want to reply.
    Health: Vitae: WP: BP: 1

2. Likes pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn wrote Milton back and sent it through a court courier.

Dear Mr. Northbridge,

Thank you so much for the progress report. I am thankful for your assistance in this matter, and things are coming along beautifully. I truly appreciate all of your hard work, and will accept a meeting at XYZ date and XYZ time. I look forward to celebrating your success on my behalf, and talking about the next steps for you to begin your study in my art.

Sincerely,

Quinn Durant

4. Likes Endymion liked this post

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

The courier returns with a note for Quinn, written by hand in that same blue ink:

Ms. Durant,

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate your confidence in my efforts. I look forward to our meeting and will strive to complete my task long before the appointed night. Should I have any questions in the meantime, I will reach out. Please feel free to do likewise.

Until then,
    MN
    Health: Vitae: WP: BP: 1

6. Likes pisces liked this post
Closed Thread