Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(Nexus III) Cassandra, Eulogy, Wei Lin

Sep 29, 2021 : Nexus III
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    Presence
    (Gentlemanly)
    Status
    (Academic)
    Contact
    (City Hall)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Eulogy Main

Nimbus:
    The sound of chattering teeth accompanies a scent of chemical sanitizer and fresh earth when Eulogy makes his will manifest.

During Vulgar will working the sound of teeth becomes a overpowering rattle of bone on bone. The scent turns putrid as that of decaying flesh, The clean scent of sanitizer becomes a fetid miasma of gaseous stench.
    Active Spells

Spell Tolerance: 0/2
    Active Spells: 0/5
    None
    Inventory

Dedicated Magical Tool
    A Bone Wand that measures thirteen inches in length from tip to tip. The bone is of an unknown origin and is intricately carved with runes and symbols. The wand allows an easier connection when working Death arcana

On Eulogy

Cell Phone
    Flashlight
    Pepper Spray

Has access to

Make-Up Kit
    First Aid Kit
    Hidden

PRE

Mordechai followed Wei Lin’s gaze toward the other side of the room. Using the moment to break the tension and recover himself. He took in the rainbow of light emanating from Kaze. A frown appeared on Mordechai’s face as he watched. Then a woman he didn’t know who stood beside Kaze suddenly changed the colour of her clothes. His frown deepened at the public display obviously not accustomed to such breech, but instead of commenting on that, he absently said to Cassandra eyes still on the far away group ”Oh, I love classical music. I haven’t seen an orchestra in years.”

Having sufficiently steeled himself. He turned his attention back to the conversation. ”I was just saying I own a Funeral Chapel, I am a Mortician. ” Answering both Wei Lin and Cassandra at the same time. ”It is really cool to have the skill to create instruments. I can imagine it is quite a complicated process.” He said politely to Cassandra. Then his eyes locked on Wei Lin. It took him a brief second to register what he was looking at.

1 success

The rosy color of heat faded from his face. His eyes changed, they became instantly focused, almost hungry. He stood up straighter, shoulders squared. "Well now, isn’t this interesting?...Yes, very interesting indeed.” he said,in a tone that was almost a purr.

He was hard pressed to take his eyes off of Wei Lin but carefully he shifted his gaze to include Cassandra, a single eyebrow raised in question. For someone so easily flustered he was taking the sudden revelation surprisingly well.
    • Member of the Caretakers.

2. Likes Aeolus, , liked this post

Presence
    (magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (exotic)
    Distinctive Voice
    (low and textured)
    New identity
    (Wei Lin Carter)
    Wei Lin

+1
    SL
    +0.5
    DV
    PRE

"Oh?" A fellow artist, then. Fitting. "As long as they do shows after sundown, I'll add it to the list to visit. I'm enjoying exploring the new city and even more so meeting such lovely people as yourself."

"A mortician..." What are the odds? A little lamb is working with death. He might be just a little bit perfect. "So you both are very good with your hands, I admire that. Takes a lot of practice. I, myself, is a voice actor, so my practice is mainly spoken."

What was far more fascinating - the reactions. Both Cassandra and Morte were calm but in different ways. There even was a little waft of cold from Cassandra, not that it would bother a Kindred... Almost like the Haunt's curse. Something with a similar effect? But it was too little information and too many possibilities.

And then there was Morte. Like a man changed, his flustered expression gone, and the new one was no less of an attraction to Wei Lin. A smart prey made the chase even more exciting.

"Interesting is a misunderstatement," chuckling, "it's a night of most stimulating discoveries."

She turned to Morte, brows lifted in a flash of realisation.

"The graveyard tours... Now it makes sense. But is it actually haunted? Some spirits are rather unkind to unwanted visitors."
    Which he should know. But could he handle it?
    BP: 2

4. Likes Aeolus, , liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

"Well, most of our concerts start after sundown unless it's a matinee. It would certainly be nice to have more people I know to perhaps get drinks with after a concert." It would be nice. At least she always has John there too. It's even better when he can hang out afterwards, but she understands they can't always have that luxury.

Eulogy is a mortician huh? Funny now that they are standing with a vampire. Weird. Now that she's had some time to think about it, it is rather chilling standing there with Wei Lin. At the same time, she has just as much charm as the last vampire she met. Are they all like that? Scary.

Cassandra smiles as she receives compliments on working with her hands. Crafting can be, and has been, difficult on the hands, which is difficult when your whole performance is based on use of your hands. Still, crafting feels like a gift.

Wei Lin is a voice actor. Interesting. "What kind of voice acting do you do? TV shows, video games?" There is a deep curiosity there. She's always loved different uses of talents within entertainment.

She hadn't even thought about an actual haunting. She watches Mordechai, curious of his answer. She'd be even more interested if that were the case. "Kinda romantic, a good haunted graveyard. Though, that might just be the horror lover in me." Usually how a good murder starts too, while her brain is at it. And then her mind is on Halloween again. What to be?

6. Likes Aeolus, , liked this post
    Presence
    (Gentlemanly)
    Status
    (Academic)
    Contact
    (City Hall)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Eulogy Main

Nimbus:
    The sound of chattering teeth accompanies a scent of chemical sanitizer and fresh earth when Eulogy makes his will manifest.

During Vulgar will working the sound of teeth becomes a overpowering rattle of bone on bone. The scent turns putrid as that of decaying flesh, The clean scent of sanitizer becomes a fetid miasma of gaseous stench.
    Active Spells

None
    Inventory

Dedicated Magical Tool
    A Bone Wand that measures thirteen inches in length from tip to tip. The bone is of an unknown origin and is intricately carved with runes and symbols. The wand allows an easier connection when working Death arcana

On Eulogy

Cell Phone
    Flashlight
    Pepper Spray

Has access to

Make-Up Kit
    First Aid Kit
    Hidden

PRE

Mordechai couldn't tell if Cassandra's invite to a show and drinks included him or if the cellist was just being polite and so he said nothing on the topic.

Instead he picked out "New City" from Wei Lin’s answer and desided to ask a question of his own. "Have you been in the city long?" he asked politly.

All the while his thoughts raged with a burning need for answers.
    Where are you from? Are there others like you? How many? Are they here in Sacramento? How long have they been here? How do you stay hidden? Where do you live? Do you have houses or secret lairs? Do you sleep in coffins? How many are in the Nexus right now?

Of course he asked none of those.

He gave a small shrug at Wei Lin’s compliment. He didn't really see himself as practiced but he supposed there was a truth to the statement.

He began to really notice the cold and gave a sideways look of confusion to Cassandra but said nothing.

"Voice acting, that is an interesting profession." now if only he could keep his own Voice steady he might be ok. "How did you get involved in that?"

How many of you are in the entertainment business? Are any famous actors like you? Was that nosferatu movie real?is Bela Lugosi actually dead? Are there musicians? Would i know any? How many other industries are you in? Do you need money? Why?

When it was his turn to answer questions he did so with a clinical detachment. "While I haven't had an opportunity to suss out any local anchors. I can tell you it will be as haunted as I require. he replied to Wei Lin. "I seem to be adept at attracting the ...unalive." a small grin touched the corners of his mouth.

are you alive? How long do you exist? How do you sustain yourself? I saw you drink, are the stories true or fiction? Do you have a soul? If not what drives you? Does the sun affect you? What happens to you during the day?

He turned his attention to Cassandra and spoke "Um, yeah it could be romantic. A moonlit picnic in a graveyard, hearing ghost stories told by actual ghosts. It could be a thing I guess."

8. Likes Aeolus, , liked this post

Presence
    (magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (exotic)
    Distinctive Voice
    (low and textured)
    New identity
    (Wei Lin Carter)
    Wei Lin

(empathy roll)Willpower 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    +0.5
    DV
    PRE

"Good music and good company? Sign me up, Cassandra," it might be a good distraction from all the strange things they had to do for their efforts into the Coils. Something simple and mortal would have been a lovely contrast.

"A couple months now," with soft smile to Morte, "it's interesting how it's sometimes similar and sometimes completely different from San Francisco even as the two are so close."

All the small talk couldn't deter them from trying to figure the man out. Was he so calm because he had seen Kindred before? Was he simply accepting? A good actor?

failure

Yet no matter how hard they wanted to breach his thoughts, to decipher it's meaning in the little gestures and words, it was all for naught. They hid a frustrated frown under a veneer of a practiced smile, the interest in their 'day job' a small comfort.

"I mainly work with audio books, but it was actually recommended to me while I was streaming video games. I heard 'you have a great voice' so many times I thought to try and make money with it."

There was no coyness in them, Wei Lin proud of what they accomplished.

They smirked at Morte's little jab. But he was right, at least in part. Whatever technical definition Kindred subscribed too, undeath, unlife or something altogether different, for Wei Lin they thought themself as alive as their spirit was. And right now it was burning with unquenched curiosity for this strange man.

"some ghosts appeared
    said their names
    but I did not believe
    I heard only a slow death
    for not being from you

and died in each satisfaction

and died in every word I knew it was not from you"
    they quoted, intent eyes set on Morte and tone perfectly measured in every line for the best effect.

"Moonlight picnics in a graveyard... Good to know the romance is not dead yet."

A little chuckle and they turned in their seat, movements deliberate, settling their empty glass at the counter, fingertips stroking the stem of the glass before retreating. A moment taken to consider, but the appeal of the gamble too much to leave it be as it is.

"But Morte, why wait for the ghosts? You can satisfy your curiosity for unlife right here," they smiled, inviting, just a hint of fangs peeking out. Wei Lin slid from her chair, the heels clicking over the floor, a step forward, crossing the distance. "I won't even bite..."

Leaning in, the whisper of a breath ghosting over his ear and neck, "...not unless you ask."

And retreating once again, any pressure dispelled by a playful giggle, as if it was a delightful joke and nothing else. Even if it wasn't.

"So, horror lover, ha, Cassandra? Any recommendations for movies that would scare an annoying roommate senseless?" that was a really long shot, but who knows, maybe some good psychological horror would work even on Dirt Nap.

10. Likes Aeolus, Ruach, , liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

"I meant to ask, Mordechai, what kind of classical music do you like? Is there a particular era you find appealing? Certain composers? I'm partial to Brahms and Schumann personally." She is curious of his answer. It isn't very often one meets someone who genuinely likes classical music.

Again, she watches the exchange between Wei Lin and Mordechai and she is suddenly very aware of what Gerrit must be feeling whenever she's with John. Not that they are ever overly touchy or flirtatious. In fact, they're already quite careful of that. So, what are they to do at that point? But maybe Gerrit has gotten over it by now? She can only hope.

Ah, so this is what it is like to be a third wheel to someone else's flirtations. Interesting.

Not that Cassandra is jealous, on the contrary, she finds it amusing. That's a lie. She's incredibly jealous of not being the center of attention, but she doesn't need to be flirted with. At the same time, it is rather boring feeling like you are part of a conversation, but aren't really. Her conversation is mostly stale too, likely because it just seems to distract the pair from trying to figure each other out. She takes another sip of her drink, trying to push away those thoughts from her mind.

It's then that Wei Lin begins speaking a poem? Yes, certainly must be a poem, but it isn't one she is familiar with. And then she goes back to relentless stereotypical Anne Rice vampire things. Another thing that gets boring to watch.

Why don't you two just kiss already and call it a night?

"I'm mostly a sci-fi geek, but I'd highly recommend The Strangers. It's probably the only movie that has personally scared me. Home invasion theme, terror being done to two people - well, three later technically - all because they happened to be home. It doesn't have the same kind of jump scares the typical horror movie has, but it is very suspenseful." It was one Blodwen had shown her and it hit home in a way that she hated.

12. Likes Aeolus, pisces, liked this post
    Presence
    (Gentlemanly)
    Status
    (Academic)
    Contact
    (City Hall)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Eulogy Main

Nimbus:

Active Spells

None
    Inventory

Dedicated Magical Tool

On Eulogy

Cell Phone
    Flashlight
    Pepper Spray

Has access to

Make-Up Kit
    First Aid Kit
    Hidden

PRE

Mordechai acknowledged Wei Lin with a nod to show he was listening. "Oh a few months. Nice and audio books, that is really cool. I have spent many hours listening to audio books"

To Cassandra's question about music he responded. "Oh ah, my musical taste tends toward a consistent feeling rather than a genre or person. In classical I enjoy pretty much anything with Dies Irae or in D minor. I suppose I am a walking cliche." he said with a little laugh.

Mordechai was suprised by the sudden poetry. The eloquent words spoke to his supernal connetion. He was not familiar with it but he made a mental note to research it when he was able.
    He tipped his hat again to Wei Lin as a sign of respect and appreciation.

He did not balk as Wei Lin moved. Although his face heated as a natural reaction he stood firm and felt the whisperd breath against skin.

When he was able to speak he said That is a very tantalizing offer. he reached inside his jacket and removed fine business cards with his name and phone number and offered them out. "I would like to broaden my education but here hardly seems an appropriate venue. If you are inclined call me."

He thought for a moment then added. "I supposed before you descide I should share a little revaluation of my own. For the sake of transparency."

He drained his glass of the martini and placed it on the bar. Again he reached inside his jacket to withdraw an intricately carved wand made of bone. Mordechai focused his will through his connection to stygia. He gathered his power to shape an imago and harnessed the strengh of atlantean language as indecipherable words of power escaped his lips.

From him eminated a nimbus of earthy sent and fresh soil. Slowly threaded through with a sterilized smell of disinfectants.

2 successes

The martini glass came apart at the molecular level as it's reality was subverted by entropy. The inevitable end of ages being brought forth in seconds by the will of Mordechai. Demonstration complete. Mordechai smiled. "I also like movies."

14. Likes Aeolus, liked this post

Presence
    (magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (exotic)
    Distinctive Voice
    (low and textured)
    New identity
    (Wei Lin Carter)
    Wei Lin

+1
    SL
    +0.5
    DV
    PRE

"Oh? Who knows, maybe you've heard one of mine already," there were stranger coincidences in life.

All the talk about classical music brought Wei Lin into the bittersweet nostalgia. Her grandpa loved the classics, "My personal favourite is Rahmaninov. I still remember one of his concerts in New York, he was simply brilliant." Oh how much simpler time it was, simpler and warmer. She had to shake herself from a wave of sadness at the rush of memories, and everything she had lost.

It was rather useless to dwell on it anyway. She was here, right now, and would things turn out different she wouldn't experience so many things she held dear now.

And no matter the past, in the present were so many opportunities to enjoy this life. Big and small, like games she could play right here and now. Even as it isn't exactly the result she wanted, she won't complain. Who knows, maybe Morte simply isn't into biting? One must respect the other's limits.

She accepted the card, smiling softly before settling back into her chair. It wasn't a total loss, and who knows what would happen in the future. She chuckled, struck with a thought, and fished out her phone to quickly type a text, a playful look at the man as she hit send.

Transparency?

Her brows go up as he present a carved instrument, most certainly a bone she could tell, and suddenly there's a vibe of a fantasy novel come to life, with the wizards and their magic wands.

She tried to parse out the unfamiliar language, fascinating by the alien sound of it, but it's all forgotten as she watched the magic quite literally come to live right before her eyes. She can't stop a little shocked laugh and quick applause, before waving her hand at the air where the glass just stood. There was nothing there, like there never was, so not an illusion. "Amazing!"

Really, if he thought that a display like that would scare her off, he was deeply mistaken.

"Who needs movies when you can do things like that!"

Then she turned an evaluating gaze at Cassandra. What were her abilities? Were they perhaps more subtle, like those of Kindred?

"That reminds me. What is the most annoying superstition about supernatural that you've seen in media that you know is not true? Mine is that all vampires are somehow extremely attractive by default."

She rolled her eyes in exasperation. Granted that one was more recent development, but every time she saw how turning into a vampire immediately gave an unnaturally cool appearance, she wanted the creators to meet some Haunts she knew and see how they feel then.

16. Likes Aeolus liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra watches is Mordecai puts down his glass and takes out a wand. She wasn't expecting him to completely dematerialize the glass, in fact, she wasn't expecting any kind of magic at all. It's amazing to view, something different, something new to learn about. What exactly did she just see? How does it work? Are there any scientific principles that go along with what he does? Her sharp mind goes through idea after idea in the span of a couple of seconds. So many questions, and she knows there will never be enough answers. Not enough to sate her anyway.

"Incredible..." Is there an expectation though now? Is she supposed to show off what she can do? No, Cassandra is a winter. Winters don't just show off their abilities just to show off. We keep them guessing. Still, that little bit of spring in her pokes at her to show off a little bit. Then again, what would she show off? She didn't bring her cello, but once supposes she could sing. The gifts of Arcadia could assist with that, but why would she waste the glamour? She could also find out either of their most traumatic events, but why would she want to do that either? That's just asking for trouble. She supposed if she had to, she could always take out a mirror for a little while. Actually, that could be kind of fun.

She holds off for a little while, however.

"Cliches come from somewhere and it's not wrong to be one,"
    she teases a little, though she is sincere. "Mozart died before he could finish his requiem. Did you know that it was actually his students that finished his work? It's quite beautiful when you think about it." So much music history and she never gets to share it. At least, not often. The Mozart is an easy one to share information about. He did absolutely crazy things during his life. Including annoying the Pope.

Thinking about Rachmaninoff gives her a little skip of her heart in a not so great way. The last time she played a particular piece by Rachmaninoff was with her ex. "Rachmaninoff was absolutely brilliant. The half of his pieces are very difficult to play on piano given his hand size and most people's average sized hands," She can't help but chuckle a little bit.

Wei Lin asks about annoying supernatural stereotypes and Cassandra can't help but laugh a little, "You say that as a very beautiful vampire. But I get what you mean." What does she find annoying? Actually, what she finds annoying is that people don't know what's actually true. Faeries do come and steal people. They steal people and turn them into changelings, just like in the stories. If you stand inside of a mushroom ring, you might just get taken if you catch the attention of that Fae. You never know. The mortals never know. It makes her a little sick thinking about it actually. Then there are the dealings. Yes, faeries do make deals and oaths. The Wyrd will hold you to your words.

"Honestly, I find the sparkling vampire thing to be obnoxious. I know it's not a wide held belief, but it is still one of the more ridiculous things I have ever heard." She then decides to amp it up a little, "But what's an annoying stereotype that's actually true?"

18. Likes Aeolus, liked this post
    Presence
    (Gentlemanly)
    Status
    (Academic)
    Contact
    (City Hall)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Eulogy Main

Nimbus:

Active Spells

None
    Inventory

Dedicated Magical Tool

On Eulogy

Cell Phone
    Flashlight
    Pepper Spray

Has access to

Make-Up Kit
    First Aid Kit
    Hidden

PRE

After his display Mordechai returned the wand to his inner pocket exchanging it for a cell phone. He pursed his eyebrow in thought as he checked his messege. His eyes glanced up at Wei Lin and a small smile played across his lips as he typed a reply.

He listened to Cassandra and gave a nod of understanding before replying. "I was not aware. It is proper to leave such a mark on the world that you inspire others to build upon the foundation you created. I hope I could be so lucky." Assuming I don't achieve global awakening and succeeded in ascending humanity.

He gave Wei Lin a soft smile and said "Movies are where I get all the great ideas for magic. The depth of imagination that can be gleened from a good movie is awe inspiring."

He had nothing to add regarding Rachmaninoff so he kept silent.

Mordechai smiled as Wei Lin asked about superstition a d Cassandra pointed out the irony. He knew better then to comment and so he held his tongue.

What is interesting is the information he might get from this conversation. So there are ugly vampires. I suppose that makes sense. They are presumably made from people.

His eyebrow shot up at Cassandra "No, people don't actually believe that do they?"he said incredulously.

He shook his head. "Well annoying stereotypes. Hmm. Ah yes. All Witches are inherently evil. That is not true. Some of my best friends are witches." he said. Which was true. From a certain point of view.

"Now then something that is true? Hmm oh I know. You know the stereotypical fantasy wizard with the long hair, pointy hat, staff and robes? That's a real thing. I have walked into more then one room filled with aspiring Gandalf the greys. Don't get me wrong. Not all will workers fill that particular trope but enough that it's a known secret."

He laughed.

20. Likes Aeolus, liked this post
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread