Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 28
DISPLAYED
(Nexus III) Cassandra, Eulogy, Wei Lin

Sep 29, 2021 : Nexus III
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

Presence
    (magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (exotic)
    Distinctive Voice
    (low and textured)
    New identity
    (Wei Lin Carter)
    Wei Lin

+1
    SL
    +0.5
    DV
    PRE

There was a short vibration as their phone chimes with a reply, that Wei Lin checked with a quick smile before hiding it away in their clutch. They could talk later, rather, the Succubus would make sure they would. Just wait till I get you alone, little lamb.

"Indeed, isn't it what we all really want? To leave something lasting after us, that future generation can look upon and admire?" At least, Kindred had potentially ages upon ages to do just that. Did it make them lucky or not? After all, the trap of unlimited time often inspired complacency rather than inspiration.

Wei Lin nodded empathetically to Cassandra's words, "You're right, all the better was to hear it performed by the man himself, with the exact emotion he meant for each piece. Each performer adds something personal to the piece, though, and it is another great thing about art."

"Now you just bating me to ask for a reenactment of my favorites, Morte," they chuckled, as that would be great fun. Amazing to think that the fits they could see only in computer graphics and tricks of acting could be well possible to achieve in reality, and by someone they now knew.

"Exactly! It takes work to look this good, you know," they laughed too, a hint of pride in their voice.

They watched Cassandra's expression, something in it making the Succubus wonder to her thoughts. It didn't seem to be particular pleasant subject for the woman, as she turned the topic around without providing an answer of her own. What is she? there was a nagging question there, but simply asking would be ruining all the fun of discovery.

3 successes

And then it came up. Something wicked flashed in Wei Lin mind, as they schooled their face in an appropriately confused frown, their voice a perfect company to their face, "What do you mean, belief?" They glanced in between Morte and Cassandra, head tilted to the side, voice turning to seriousness, maybe with an edge of affront, like they were trying to insinuate the sky was green. "We totally sparkle. It's so annoying too, like had you tried to apply makeup while your skin goes all glinty?"

They huffed, adding an eyeroll, inwardly barely holding in a cackle. Would they believe? Wei Lin couldn't wait to see their faces. And leaving it just like that, the Succubus rolled the conversation further, like all was how it supposed to be.

"Mhm, I get you there, Morte. Some vampires are sure monsters, but then humans can be just as bad," and much, much worse.

"Wait, really? The whole shebang, down to the hat?" they can't hide their laughter now, whole body shaking with mirth, head thrown back. Who would even want to look like that in modern times? It was just asking for some hunters to come and get you, or for the kine to throw you in the mental ward. "Now I'm not sure if the sparkling beats that or not."

They still giggle a little, imagining Morte in a robe and a hat, standing over a bubbling cauldron. Granted, it would be a great attraction for some Halloween theme park.
    BP: 2

2. Likes Aeolus liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra watches this secondary exchange she feels she sees. They're both texting, but specifically, they are texting right after each other... Are they really texting right in front of me? Like... to each other? Right in front of me? That bothers her in a way it shouldn't. Why should she care? Maybe it's because she was already feeling imposter-y that this just made it feel more so.

Are y'all really texting in front of me? Perception - 1 Success

She's looking around then, noticing the way one shifts into a furry beast, the way Circe changes her hair color... everyone is just blatantly displaying their abilities. It seems overly dangerous, but then... isn't that the fun in it?

You aren't the one who bears the party-pooper crown. No, but I am the one who sleeps with him.

Wei Lin reveals that vampires do, in fact, sparkle. Wait... seriously? They do? That's ridiculous. But she tries to look for the lies in her eyes anyway. Either she's telling the truth, or, like always, Cassandra cannot read the lie.

Vampires sparkle? Lies - Failure

"I want proof of that one." She says with a little laugh, trying to recover from that feeling like she can't read people. There's no way that can be true and yet she can't read it on Wei Lin's face as false and that's somewhat distressing to her.

"A bunch of Gandalfs? I would love to see that get together. I've always wondered how much Dresden got correct." Honestly, many things, but not too much, which always struck her as curious. "I think there is something to the 'every supernatural creature is evil' stereotype. It's a defense mechanism that humans created to protect themselves. But, at the same time, they aren't wrong that we are all dangerous."

She tries to think of her own that will give a hint towards what she is, but when she thinks about it, what can she share that isn't absolutely terrifying? Life as a Changeling is only as pretty as you can make it while trying not to wonder when your Keeper might come for you, or another one for that matter. Your next trip to the Hedge could leave you in pieces. Your dreams are sweet until they feel the sting of poisoning. Fairies don't grant wishes, Keepers do. And then they warp you to be a part of the story they are creating within their realm. Yes. Such sweet things.

"A true stereotype is your words can in fact be bound with magic by people like me. There is a reason we always tell people to be wary of the promises they make. Your words can be bound and should you fail to live up to your promises, serious problems can befall you." Good advice and warning she thinks, on top of it being a stereotype. Fairies always making deals. Do either of them have the occult or simple knowledge of fairytales to help them with that one? It isn't a difficult connection, she doesn't think. "Contrary to popular belief, most of us aren't tricksy like people want us to be though."

4. Likes Aeolus, liked this post
    Presence
    (Gentlemanly)
    Status
    (Academic)
    Contact
    (City Hall)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Eulogy Main

Nimbus:
    The sound of chattering teeth accompanies a scent of chemical sanitizer and fresh earth when Eulogy makes his will manifest.

During Vulgar will working the sound of teeth becomes a overpowering rattle of bone on bone. The scent turns putrid as that of decaying flesh, The clean scent of sanitizer becomes a fetid miasma of gaseous stench.
    Active Spells

Spell Tolerance: 0/2
    Active Spells: 0/5
    None
    Inventory

Dedicated Magical Tool
    A Bone Wand that measures thirteen inches in length from tip to tip. The bone is of an unknown origin and is intricately carved with runes and symbols. The wand allows an easier connection when working Death arcana

On Eulogy

Cell Phone
    Flashlight
    Pepper Spray

Has access to

Make-Up Kit
    First Aid Kit
    Hidden

PRE

Mordechai smiled at Wei Lin’s agreement of sentiment. When Wei Lin explained about hearing the composer live. He laughed and shook his head.

He nodded at the vampire. "My skills are more subtle think haunting of hill house or paranormal activity. Throw in a little night of the living dead and you will have an idea."

And then later.

"I am with Cassandra on this one. What do the kids say these days? Pics or it dod not happen." he laughed.

He thought the bit about the robes would hook them. "Yes indeed. Now not all mind. But ritual clothing is a big part of our work. So yes sometimes some of us wear pointy hats." he answered both.

To Cassandra he added "Who is Dresden? Are they a Mage? I don't think I know them." his face was deadpan but there was an unmistakable twinkle of mischievousness in his eyes.

Cassandra became sombre in her musings and Mordechai felt a hint of something he perceived as sadness perhaps.

4 successes

He listened to her. A wisp of an idea forming in his mind. He took a chance and gave it voice. Looking for a reaction from her.

"I tell thee thrice that it be truth and true it be I cannot lie in turns of three. he said. Then added "Speaking of stereotypes."
    • Member of the Caretakers.

6. Likes , liked this post

Presence
    (magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (exotic)
    Distinctive Voice
    (low and textured)
    New identity
    (Wei Lin Carter)
    Wei Lin

+1
    SL
    +0.5
    DV
    PRE

The joy of living in supernatural society? Well, here they were talking about movies, and here were people 5 feet away turning into wolves and changing their hair color with a wave of their hand. And if the latter was simply fun to watch, the former was a little bit alarming with the penchant of the wolf-folk making Kindred into their snack if crossed. Does this place follows some 'don't attack each other' rule? Wei Lin wondered, sliding off her chair and moving closer to Cassandra. Allegedly to get herself another drink and actually so that wolf would munch on somebody other than her if shit did hit the fan.

"See, that's the glitch right there," ordering herself Sex on the bitch, Wei Lin turned to Morte, "our kind doesn't really do well in pictures. You can see for yourself," she pointed to the pocket he hid his phone in. And still not cracking her 'we sparkle' look, oh no. This was going to be a long con.

"Wait, if the Gendalf thing is true, how about that if you go 30 years without sex you'd get magic powers? That sure would be a fun one for so many people," she giggled, even if that one was most probably a bust.

failure

"Dresden? Isn't that a book series?" she mused, absentmindedly as the bartender arrived with her drink, completely missing the look in Morte's eyes.

As Cassandra was talking, it finally clicked for Wei Lin. A fairy? Well, here goes 'fairy wings' fantasy of mine. As enchanting Cassandra looked, she was still mortal in the Succubus' eyes, but who knew maybe that was the point? To easier trick people, looking normal was a rather effective camouflage. Far more interesting what were her powers? Apparently, she could somehow keep people to their promises which was potentially extremely dangerous. And useful. But what about all the other fairy tales? Were any of them true?

"Well, remind me not to pinky swear with you then. I'd rather not eat thousand needles if something goes wrong," she grinned, knowing full well that even if she had done it it wouldn't be anywhere near fatal. Annoying to be sure, but nothing a hearty meal and a good night's sleep couldn't fix.

8. Likes liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra can't help but grin a little at the 'pics or it did not happen' line. Somehow, saying it like the kids do makes it funnier.

"I've heard before that ritual garb is important for spellcasting. Imbued will, magic, woven into the threads of the clothing that provide a medium, right? That's what I've heard from a few pagans in the past." She wondered how much of what she's heard in the past is true then, particularly with her friends who had ritual practices in general.

Wei Lin mentions a line of going 30 years without sex to get magic powers and Cassandra's jaw nearly falls open, "People actually believe something like that? Sad that people would deny themselves such a thing to be disappointed so much later." She can't imagine going that long without- But then, how long has it already been? Two years now? God the days go so fast. It brings about those thoughts of semi-impatience in her, that drive going unsated. They've been together seven months now, yet she hasn't tried putting her cards on the table yet. Perhaps it is about time she did and find out where it goes.

Cassandra can't help but roll her eyes playfully at the Dresden line and then she responds to Wei Lin, "It is a book series, yes. Don't let him fool you, he knows exactly what we're talking about," she laughs a little. That look in his eyes is unmistakable.

Morte mentions the thrice it be true line and she smiles again. "A stereotype I'm not too sad to inform is false. Well, for all I know someone could have that problem." They all have their tells and their frailties do they not?

She looks back to Wei Lin, "That would be very unpleasant. I would hope if you are making any pinky promises, you're keeping them in general. Those ones are special, after all," She considers for a long moment before she overhears Circe offering to show her mien. That would be too much for her, as fun as it would be for a non-Lost to see her true radiance as a Polychromatic. She considers one more moment before settling on something, "Wei Lin, do you have a compact you use commonly or a mirror of a kind?" A little hint of a mischievous smile. "Not something meant to trick you, don't worry."

10. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Gentlemanly)
    Status
    (Academic)
    Contact
    (City Hall)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Eulogy Main

Nimbus:
    The sound of chattering teeth accompanies a scent of chemical sanitizer and fresh earth when Eulogy makes his will manifest.

During Vulgar will working the sound of teeth becomes a overpowering rattle of bone on bone. The scent turns putrid as that of decaying flesh, The clean scent of sanitizer becomes a fetid miasma of gaseous stench.
    Active Spells

Spell Tolerance: 0/2
    Active Spells: 0/5
    None
    Inventory

Dedicated Magical Tool
    A Bone Wand that measures thirteen inches in length from tip to tip. The bone is of an unknown origin and is intricately carved with runes and symbols. The wand allows an easier connection when working Death arcana

On Eulogy

Cell Phone
    Flashlight
    Pepper Spray

Has access to

Make-Up Kit
    First Aid Kit
    Hidden

PRE

Mordechai nodded as hos mond raced with Wei Lin’s comments. With a fair amount of hesitation he did as she bade and pulled put his phone. He considered for a momnet before accepting her implied invitation to take her picture. He was careful to frame it on just Wei Lin. He believed consent was key.

While he was getting the camera ready he replied to Wei Lin. "I haven't heared of that and I feel like it's not a thing. Stranger things have happened but there is no correlation between sex and magic in my particular brand." his tone was absent any emotion purly informational.

He nodded in agreement about not pinky swearing. "That is a magic my kind is familier with. Power threaded oaths can be. Potent."

He almost rolled his eyes at the comment about Pagans but he managed to stop himself. "That can be true. Yes. Most modern traditionalists have roots in ancient knowledge. While most of the important aspects have been forgotten. They do sometimes hold a kernal or two of truth."

He gave a heartfelt laugh at being caught out about Dresden. He desided to go one step futher. "You got me. Butcher is a good friend of mine. Taught me a thing or two about magic."

He nodded to Cassandra. "I see. That is a pity if it were true I could at least know when you all mean business."

He still wasn't exactly sure what she was. Cassandra's confirmation wasn't specific. He had thoughts of the child hood fairytales and the dozens if not hundreds of fey creatures each of whom could look like ordinary humans.

He paused to see the out come with the mirror.
    • Member of the Caretakers.

12. Likes liked this post

0 Scenes

Last call for Nexus posts! Scene's currently over time!

Presence
    (magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (exotic)
    Distinctive Voice
    (low and textured)
    New identity
    (Wei Lin Carter)
    Wei Lin

+1
    SL
    +0.5
    DV
    PRE

"Come now, don't be shy," she encouraged Morte fiddling with his phone, showing off a perfect wide smile that make the dimples on her cheeks show. Not that one would see them on the actual picture, "Just don't go posting that one on Insta or something. Or I'll have to kill you," she leaned in conspiratory, a glint in her eyes a little too serious for the words to be entirely a joke.

And if Morte was all post-factum nonchalant, Wei Lin couldn't help but get deeply intrigued. "In your particular brand? So there is a brand out there that can make hocus pocus out of hanky panky?" that one might be very worth getting some info on. She turned to Cassandra, trying to keep the judgy look off her face. After all not everybody was as kids called it 'woke' this days, "Well, there are plenty of people who don't have any interest in sex, so it's hardly a denial."

Talking about the past is... interesting, and she couldn't resist to add a little bit of her own input, "Well, if you want to know about the past there's always an option to ask somebody who lived it. Chances are one might learn something true enough to be useful," and not completely warped by the passage of time and ravages of Torpor.

But when Wei Lin reached for the mirror, she first found her phone, the screen lighting up to reveal an alarming closeness of dawn. It seemed they'd have to wait another night to learn Cassandra's tricks.

"I'm so sorry, but it's getting late... or early, depending on your point of view," she chuckled, "and I'd rather not have my sparkles trending on social media and hot news." She would go down with that ship, oh yes. "It has been a lovely night, Cassandra, Morte. Hope we'll do it again soon."

Smiling to them both, she waved and quickly walked to the exit, already getting a cab on her phone to not get the unfun kind of sparkles from the rising sun.

Thank you for an engaging scene, guys!

15. Likes liked this post
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread