Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Nexus III) Cassandra, Eulogy, Wei Lin

Sep 29, 2021 : Nexus III
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra turns to the woman addressing her and offers a charming smile, "First time." She takes a good moment to look over the face of the woman. She's positively magnetic, hard to take your eyes off of. It would put a hint of envy in her if she didn't feel at peace enough with being the only Fairest in the room. The outfit the woman is wearing is more revealing and floral, hard not to have your gaze pulled to, but there is a sophisticated vibe to it. She moves her hand to adjust a stray lock of hair behind her ear and she's about to continue when a man approaches to join them.

"No, not too forward. It's a social night isn't it? Nights like these favor the bold." She offers him a smile as well and then looks to the both of them. I guess I should introduce myself. "I'm Cassandra." Should I go into any more? Something to keep conversation rolling past name introductions? Sometimes being social is easy, a personality she can just slide right into and go. She'd even dare say she enjoys socializing and meeting new people, but anxieties don't always make that easy. So, where to go with this?

"And this lovely woman I have yet to fully make the acquaintance of," she looks to the platinum haired woman beside her, wanting to know more about her then. Waiting for introductions to be given, she takes a sip of her drink and then holds it chest level, stirring her straw around a little bit.

Continued from Nexus III...

2. Likes Ruach, , liked this post
    Presence
    (Gentlemanly)
    Status
    (Academic)
    Contact
    (City Hall)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Eulogy Main

Nimbus:
    The sound of chattering teeth accompanies a scent of chemical sanitizer and fresh earth when Eulogy makes his will manifest.

During Vulgar will working the sound of teeth becomes a overpowering rattle of bone on bone. The scent turns putrid as that of decaying flesh, The clean scent of sanitizer becomes a fetid miasma of gaseous stench.
    Active Spells

Spell Tolerance: 0/2
    Active Spells: 0/5
    None
    Inventory

Dedicated Magical Tool
    A Bone Wand that measures thirteen inches in length from tip to tip. The bone is of an unknown origin and is intricately carved with runes and symbols. The wand allows an easier connection when working Death arcana

On Eulogy

Cell Phone
    Flashlight
    Pepper Spray

Has access to

Make-Up Kit
    First Aid Kit
    Hidden

PRE

Mordechai tipped the brim of his bowler hat in the archaic greeting of a gentleman. "Cassandra." He said pleasantly. One of the first rules he had learned about remembering peoples names was to repeat it immediately then find a way to use it five times in sentences before the end of the night. Rumour has it if you could, you would be more likely to remember it in the future. Mordechai was skeptical but he willing to give it a try. "Nice to meet you." he said pleasantly.

With a friendly smile he replied. "I am Mordechai but I also answer to Morde, Morte, Morty and Hey you." his eyes twinkled with mirth hiding the storm of uneasy nervousness creeping through his belly.
    • Member of the Caretakers.

4. Likes Ruach, Aeolus, liked this post

Presence
    (magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (exotic)
    Distinctive Voice
    (low and textured)
    New identity
    (Wei Lin Carter)
    Wei Lin

+1
    SL
    +0.5
    DV
    PRE

Just as Wei Lin was ready to strike up a conversation with the redhead, a man approached them. A quick once over showed decent fashion sense and handsome features, and his phrasing suggested a bit of awkwardness...

"Oh, but I rather like forward," Wei Lin answered with a predatory smirk on her lips. She had a feeling their new acquaintance was exactly her taste - cute and preferring to be led.

But she had to be careful, to not scare this little lamb off. And a third person in their conversation was a perfect distraction, who was also so kind to continue talking.

"Wei Lin. It's all in the name, mind you. A pleasure," a friendly nod to Cassandra, a look from under her lashes at the Mordechai, lips parting slowly to take a sip of her daiquiri. "Hey, you." There was a playful tone to her voice, but soft enough to not sound like an insult.

"So, this is the first time for Cassandra and me here, what about you... Morte?" she makes a pause before the name, as if tasting the sound of it, trying if it fits.

Continued from Nexus III...
    BP: 2

6. Likes Ruach, Aeolus, liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra can't help but grin a little, watching the exchange. She'd been about to do the same thing with the 'hey you', but it isn't like she needed to get the little line in. She takes a moment to just look over the two. Cat and mouse? Cat and mouse. Wei Lin might just eat him alive. That could be fun to wa- where the hell did that come from all of the sudden? It had been a while since she'd had some of her more darker playful thoughts.

"Wei Lin, pretty name. And nice to meet you Mordechai," Cassandra has always been more a fan of full names. After all, when people start shortening her name, they all end up calling her Cassie, which she hates. Suddenly reminding her of Sonnie and her incessant use of it.

Her eyes flicker around the room, realizing that she does recognize a few faces, "At the very least, I remember a few of these faces from Halloween last year at Asylum." She then wondered if that party would be happening again this year. Would John actually dress as Grave Robber? She tries to shut up her mind before it goes too far astray.

She takes another long sip of her Paloma and then she feels the presence of heat in the room. Of course she knew that mantle from a mile away. Circe. Her eyes flicker to the other side of the bar and a little hint of envy wells in her. It had been nice for a moment being the only Fairest in the room, catching an eye or two. At least it isn't Sera.

She looks back to the other two, curious of Mordechai's answer.

8. Likes Ruach, Aeolus, liked this post
    Presence
    (Gentlemanly)
    Status
    (Academic)
    Contact
    (City Hall)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Eulogy Main

Nimbus:
    The sound of chattering teeth accompanies a scent of chemical sanitizer and fresh earth when Eulogy makes his will manifest.

During Vulgar will working the sound of teeth becomes a overpowering rattle of bone on bone. The scent turns putrid as that of decaying flesh, The clean scent of sanitizer becomes a fetid miasma of gaseous stench.
    Active Spells

None
    Inventory

Dedicated Magical Tool
    A Bone Wand that measures thirteen inches in length from tip to tip. The bone is of an unknown origin and is intricately carved with runes and symbols. The wand allows an easier connection when working Death arcana

On Eulogy

Cell Phone
    Flashlight
    Pepper Spray

Has access to

Make-Up Kit
    First Aid Kit
    Hidden

PRE

"Wei Lin." He echoed Cassandra as he again tipped his hat. "So nice to meet you," His cheeks turned a rosy hue as he watched Wei Lin drink their daiquiri but Mordechai was able to collect himself enough to manage a jovial laugh at their playful "Hey You".

"It is a first for all of us it would seem." He answered when he found his voice.

A glint of a mischievous light appeared in his eyes at the name "Morte" the first flash of unforced emotion seeping in.

Cassandra spoke and Mordechai's eyebrows rose. "Oh Halloween, I completely forgot we were so close. I hope I have enough time..." He trailed off.

His confidence visible failed and he looked down at his feet for a moment. "Umm...Just a question...um. Do either of you think haunted tours at a graveyard sounds like a fun idea?"

Immediately after he asked he raided his hand in a stopping motion. "No you're right, dumb idea forget I asked."

I will take creepy as heck for a thousand Alex

10. Likes Ruach, , Aeolus liked this post

Presence
    (magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (exotic)
    Distinctive Voice
    (low and textured)
    New identity
    (Wei Lin Carter)
    Wei Lin

+1
    SL
    +0.5
    DV
    PRE

The Morte actually blushed, the color and the heat of the blood making Wei Lin lick her lips. Simply adorable! She couldn't wait to see what other reactions she could get out of him till the night was out.

"Well, I look forward to sharing your first time, then... Hope it'll be most pleasurable." She was talking about visiting the Nexus, of course. Not that one could tell by the dangerous glint in the green eyes trained directly at Morte.

At least until Cassandra spoke, another place already familiar bringing an amused smirk at Wei Lin's lips. "I didn't know they did Halloween. I must attend. And I can show you all the best corners, if you make it, Morte," a little giggle. She definitely knew quite a few nice corners there already.

A wave of heat so strange for an autumn night distracted the attention from her little game, making the Succubus look around, finding a rather familiar face in a completely stunning outfit. Mary? Curious, what she's doing here. Props for wearing that in public! The woman seemed to be already engaged in a conversation, so Wei Lin simply left the greetings for a more opportune moment, returning her attention to an adorably flustered Morte.

"Don't be so hard on yourself."

A little gamble, to see the reaction. Wei Lin moved closer, ever so lightly grasping his raised hand, fingertips brushing the skin, subtle pressure to lower the hand, leaving the two even closer without a barrier between them. "I'll take the tour, if you'll be the guide. Make a night out of it." A look right in the eyes, searching for a response, before Wei Lin stepped back as if nothing ever happened to take another sip of her drink.

"What about you, Cassandra?"

12. Likes Aeolus, Ruach, liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Watching Wei Lin, Cassandra has to conceal her smirk under the guise of sipping her drink and enjoying it. It is a good drink after all.

3 successes

Oh, she's one of those. Powerful woman in charge of her own destiny. She'll get what she wants when she wants it. Cassandra can respect that to a large degree. So, Mordechai is going to be her victim of the eve and maybe later? How is this going to go? People watching - one of her favorite sports, even though she's generally bad at figuring people's true feelings.

He talks about haunted tours in a graveyard and she chuckles a bit. They're a common occurance amongst the mundane during Halloween. But then Wei Lin is very much into it. Suddenly, Cassandra comes to the realization that she is a third wheel in this discussion.

"Haunted tours with hayrides and spooky houses are great for Halloween, particularly in a graveyard. We all love a good graveyard bash." At least, she does. "If I might bring a friend or two along, that could be much fun." The Fairest will never stand for being a third wheel to anything, but she can wing woman a little. Not that Wei Lin needs it. "But I get the feeling you might have a little more fun in a couple than in a group," she gives a little wink before taking another sip of her drink.

She feels a little tug to her heart then. Just another date like thing they can't do together. What she wouldn't give to be able to change her face for an eve with him out like normal. Keep yourself lost to the outside. Right. Harden your heart a little, Onyx Thane.

14. Likes Aeolus, Ruach, , liked this post
    Presence
    (Gentlemanly)
    Status
    (Academic)
    Contact
    (City Hall)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Eulogy Main

Nimbus:

Active Spells

None
    Inventory

Dedicated Magical Tool

On Eulogy

Cell Phone
    Flashlight
    Pepper Spray

Has access to

Make-Up Kit
    First Aid Kit
    Hidden

PRE

As Wei Lin's soft touch lowered Mordechai's hand, he froze still as a statue. Goose pimples raced down his arm and up his neck. His face flushed red as an apple colouring even his ears in bright crimson.

His eyebrows raised to saucer plates as Wei Lin spoke suggestively, eyes locked, body breaching the useless defense of empty air to press closer toward him. "Wha..uhh...no..i think you missun..i own a chap..it wasn't a..oh my
    !"
    he stammered.

Then she was gone.

Mordechai looked at Cassandra and saw only a stoic gaze of normality reflected toward him. The red haired woman sipped her drink as if this was naught but daily fare.

what did she say? his mind raced and latched upon a word. "YES! Friends, friends are good. Everyone needs friends. You could bring them." he said rather too loudly, clearly flustered.

16. Likes Aeolus, Ruach, , liked this post

Presence
    (magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (exotic)
    Distinctive Voice
    (low and textured)
    New identity
    (Wei Lin Carter)
    Wei Lin

+1
    SL
    +0.5
    DV
    PRE

Sometimes the gamble didn't pay off, and sometimes you hit a jackpot. Like this particular time, Morte all but lighting up at the slightest provocation, the race of his heartbeat thrumming in Wei Lin sensitive ears. Might just eat him up, in every sense of the word.

Had to pace herself. To put a little distance in between, to keep the hungry Beast in check, so she perched on the nearest bar stool, one leg over the other, the sheer fabric of her dress hiking up to reveal even more skin.

"Yes, I hope we all can become close friends. Don't you agree, Morte?" a cute giggle, eyes solely on the man, tracking every breath he took.

But then something bright, too bright for the night caught her eye, a Beast snarling in alarm. But it wasn't the sun, no, something far more startling, a brilliant display of colours that seemed to be produced by the... bare hands of a stranger. One standing close to completely nonplussed Jennifer. So, that's how it is... Then, everybody here is... Everybody..?

And her eyes snapped back to her companions, accessing them in a new light. Mortal and human-looking they might have been, but weren't so simple to be here, tonight. The new kind of hunger had awoken in Wei Lin, a hunger for knowledge, and dire curiosity. What he would taste like? I heard it's not the same, but how? But she hardly could drag Morte into the nearest dark corner and had her way with him either. It was a novel experience, but perhaps she could get an actual informed consent this time? And from somebody who isn't a ghoul or a blood doll too...

Finally, her mind snapped back to the conversation. It was a whole other game now, a much more exciting one.

"So, Morte, you were trying to say something there. That you own a chap... what? I'm curious what my new friends are doing for a living. Aside from having fun at such supernaturally attractive places."

And she smiled, wide and playful, but with one thing different now. Her fangs on full display, not hiding who she was in the slightest, there for anybody to see and connect the dots. What face will you make now, my little lamb?

18. Likes Aeolus, Ruach, Shenanigans, liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra watches Mordechai as he blushes and stammers and she can't help but giggle a little finally. She might even feel a little bad, letting him hang out to dry like that. Is that wrong of her? She isn't sure.

Wei Lin is sitting in a way that hikes her skirt up a little and Cassandra knows exactly what she's doing. After all, she's been in those shoes before. Men are so easy.

Well, not all of them.

Then there is a flash of light and someone is making it very obvious what they are. She hasn't seen a mage in quite a while. Wei Lin is flashing her fangs, making it obvious the kind of supernatural she is. Cassandra, bright polychromatic as she is, doesn't feel the need to display her mien like it's all so easy. That would take away the fun of it. So then, what is Modechai? Mage? Werewolf? He isn't a Lost or she'd know. Unless he's hardened his mask, but even then. You can't hide your mantle unless you're courtless.

Cassandra decides to answer her question, "I'm a cellist with the symphony." She smiles, and there's something particularly frosty about her, but not in a personality kind of way, but in an actual chilly way. "I also craft instruments. It's actually becoming my main job in terms of income, but they're very fun to craft. So many different kinds. Recently I got to make a lute for someone going to a Renaissance festival. Wanted some authenticity."

"What about you Mordechai?"

20. Likes Aeolus, , Ruach liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread