Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Nexus III) Around the Bar

Sep 29, 2021 : Nexus III
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn grinned easily at Connor as he brings up the fact that she gave the bartender her credit card. That mischievous look in her eyes, well it was downright a glow of impertinence. She knew it would bother his ageist sensibilities. Which is why she did it. A bit of ribbing at their age difference. "Of course you can, but I don't really think about what you can and cannot pay for as I am used to paying for everything myself." That was a goddamn lie. She definitely thought about it, and decided the teasing was worth it. Quinn was too calculated a creature for anything else.

Entries were several. Quinn's gaze followed them all, a brief eye flick. For the ones she knew she graced with a small smile in their direction. Namely. Milton, and Steven, though she didn't move to engage. The night was still young after all, and they had just arrived to avail her Ladyship some company. Quinn was confident if Jennifer wanted Connor or Quinn she would make it known. Jennifer had a forth-rightness that Quinn both loved about her and depended on.

Quinn looked back down at the ring Connor had bought for her, and felt heat creep into her cheeks. Her emotions burning on her cheeks made it hard to think about anything else. What ended coming out in a bit of a rush....
    "So..I feel like I'm missing something here about the rings significance in cultural norms for Ireland. How does something that signifies personal love have a greater message for society depending on how its worn? Wouldn't that only apply if they knew who the person felt that way about? You know like you were saying...open to their love or you are already in love with them?"
    She made a motion with her hand to the ring orientations, speaking with her hands. Quinn rarely if ever talked with her hands. Between the pulsing energy in the air and Connor's curse Quinn was feeling it tonight. Like a second heartbeat steering hers faster.

Continued from Nexus III...

2. Likes , Ruach liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

The haunt returns Milton's nod as he continues to listen to Quinn."It isn't about what you're used to, Quinn, it's about what you deserve." If she wants to play games, he'll play along, the shimmer in her eyes as she challenges him is far too telling. Connor, however, is in the mood to deal with a brat. He puts on the sly smirk she's seen about a hundred times by now and speaks in a soft, low growl. "It's fine, I can pay you back for it...later." The meaning is inferred but he's certain she, and possibly the others nearby, will catch on.

The haunt notices the exotic beauty arrive, but he currently has other matters to attend to, namely the vision of art he's sharing a bottle with. He listens as Quinn asks for more details about the ring, realizing his antiquated explanation, taken directly from the language of his own time, may have confused her."Ah, I'm sorry, I may not have explained it well enough. If the point of the heart is facing out, you are single. It sends a message to would be suitors that you are open to being approached. If the point of the heart is facing in, you are in a relationship, and are not inviting anyone to approach you. You do not have to be in love with someone to have the heart pointed in; that comes in when you move the ring to your left hand."

Continued from Nexus III...
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

4. Likes Ruach, pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Hmmm...I think I treat myself fine, but okay." She said with a little smirk back, batting her eyelashes rapidly at him, as her smirk stepped up a notch. He assumed she dated a lot then? He assumed wrong. "Don't threaten me with a good time." She quipped back, leaning against the bar, looking up at him, taking a drink of champagne, watching him closely.

She chuckled a little nodding. "I was a little perplexed walking in here and really thinking about the way you worded that, and the engraving and everything. So it was a lot of context lost in translation as to larger societal meaning. Thank you for explaining that." And that's when it hit Quinn at how the orientation on her finger might be playing with the emotions of her companion here. They had an agreement. She didn't want him to believe she intended to cheat him of his spoils of said agreement. "Well I guess a different way of wearing this ring would be in order then." She said gently. She slipped the ring off and turned it around so the heart faced towards her, before putting it back on. A simple shift. Though not so simple in meaning.

Quinn bit her tongue ever so slightly, as a little jolt to relax. She could feel the effects of his curse pushing her to be catty with him, and treat him as an enemy. A label he didn't deserve and absolutely didn't fit. She caught herself before she made a flippant comment. One she knew she didn't mean. Lifting her glass she took another drink, watching her companion.

6. Likes Ruach liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

The haunt sips his champagne as he listens to Quinn, noting the smirk forming and evolving on her face. Straight faced, he sets his glass down and lays his left hand on the woman's cheek. Slowly... gently, he runs his middle finger down her jaw, and just as it touches her chin he takes a step toward her, closing the already short distance between them. With his index and middle finger, he gently pushes up from under the beauty's chin, forcing her to look up at him. In the same low growl, he speaks. "It wasn't a threat dear. It was a promise." He holds the position for a moment, his eyes locked on hers, before taking a single step back and picking his glass back up and taking a sip, watching the woman over the rim of his glass.

Back to the business of the ring, though, he agrees with her sentiment. He had done a poor job explaining it. "Don't worry about it, I'm just glad we're on the same page now." Then the next sentence hit. He watches as Quinn removes the ring only long enough to reorient it on her finger, and he can barely contain his joy, a large smile replacing his usual smirk. He understood what she was saying, from the way she had first worn it to how she was wearing it now. He had not won her heart completely yet, but enough to ensure that she was not welcoming any competition for him. "Thank you, I must admit that it was bothering me slightly."

The Haunt mirror's Quinn in taking another drink, simply watching her for any kind of reaction.
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

8. Likes Ruach, pisces liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

"Good evening," he greeted the handsome couple. He didn't name either of them yet, not sure if they'd want their names out in this company.

There was a part that was worried seeing her so close to Connor. That he might suddenly turn brutish and take a boxer's swing on her. It wasn't logical and honestly more jealous than he would have thought in a weird way. Damn Nosferatu curses. He pushed the thought aside like he tried to do with the Beast (that was, with only partial success).

"Nice belt," he said to Quinn with what might have almost passed for a grin.

"How are you two doing tonight?" he asked as he ordered a long island ice tea.
    Presence (Quiet Listener) 1 / BP1 / Mask of Tranquility

10. Likes , Ruach, pisces liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.
    Circe Scenes

Rage singing, no work with Ozzy, Shake the shanty

+1
    SL
    PRE

Continued from Nexus III

Using her Mantle at full blast, Circe billows her cloak as she removes it to set it down upon a bar stool. As she folds the cloak to neatly fit, this unveils her chosen attire for the evening. It leaves very little against the elements, so that Summer Mantle is staying on. To fae eyes however, it is made of deep shadow and glowing embers of fire's light. A Hedgespun garment, albeit a fragile one, created in her Hollow at midnight, the forge barely lit.

A golden chain sits upon her chest, displaying the Summer Brooch dangling upon it to draw the eye of those watching. As if that area needed more to draw attention with her outfit.

Circe doubted the dress would last a week, but it didn't need to when just made for an occassion. Seraphina taught her that. No need to build to last if it is for but one blast.

"Much better. Hmm, I shall try the Sicilian red import if you please," Circe says with a smile towards the bartender. The Fairest is in fine form tonight.

She looks to the mortals at the bar. Neither Quinn nor Connor are lacking in fine appearance. The lacey lady in red, with the crimson suitor in a suit, and another handsome fellow. The elfin Fairest turns her back to the bar, leaning against it so she can view the skyline. "Hm, nice view this night," she says with a smile, "Dashing suits," she thinks she knows the tailor, "Accompanying the lady in red? Perhaps I am not of the correct dress code for the bar?"

She could fix it, if the object. Just because she was going mysterious tonight didn't mean she couldn't still be a troll. The glasses weren't just a fashion statement.

The outfit screamed Circe trying to 1Up others, and I found the glasses version and recalled one of Circe's toys. No hair dye tonight folks.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

12. Likes , Ruach, pisces, , Xadun liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Moments before they were joined by J.C and Circe, Quinn gazed into the eyes of the haunt before her, as he promised to pay her back for teasing him about her being absent a man most of her life. Quinn was a modern woman beneath the veneer of the beast and the thirst for blood and the games they played as Kindred. Her oh so human heartbeat, picked up its pitter patter pace as he ran his thumb down her jaw. In the moment, her gaze lowered to his lips briefly, and she suppressed the urge to close that distance. "Careful. I'll hold you to it." She said softly, her lips curling into a gentle smile. They were nothing without their word, after all.

She noted his smile, and found herself smiling back, allowing her guard to lower a bit. This was supposed to be fun and frivolity tonight right? This wasn't mini court. Though relaxing wasn't exactly a habit she had made herself accustomed to in public. Quinn never thought of herself as uptight, but she was starting to see how rigid she could be with anyone not her clan.

She tilted her face to the side. "Yet you held your tongue, obviously. Trying to allow me to make up my own mind, even if you didn't like it. I am glad some men still understand that they have to work for a ladies affection."

J.C's beast made Quinn's wanna eat him alive. In a far more literal manner than what Quinn was even willing to admit at the time. Though she had admitted her weakness to J.C. So far he had been gentle with the knowledge. As only a true friend can be. Quinn didn't suppress her joy at seeing J.C. He was close to her, and Connor would have to get used to it. Quinn knew she would never flinch to come to J.C's aid, and that was mirrored back to her.

"I knew you'd appreciate well tooled leather, dahlen." She purred at him, grinning back at his good natured ribbing. She reached out and gently clasped one of his hands, squeezing gently, and then releasing. His beast holding her back from a hug for the moment, until hers calmed the fuck down already. Before Quinn began masking her beast, J.C and Quinn's beasts had been itching for it. Things got easier with time, but it was always there like a painful reminder of what they really were. Monsters.

And then Circe joined the bar, and Quinn's gaze went from the top of her crown down the beautiful exotic features of her face, to her skin kissed with cinnamon, a lot like hers actually, and down to the barely there outfit, allowing Quinn's appreciation to grow for the lithe and healthy frame the woman displayed boldly. As if daring those to look upon her and not react! Ha! As if that were possible. It certainly wasn't for Quinn. Her mouth watering already. Hard not to curb the reactions. Warm, healthy flesh. Mmmmmm. Nothing not to desire there. Quinn didn't mask her appreciation. "Oh no! You are dressed fine for the bar, or any other area of this club. I wouldn't change a thing!" She said with a grin. "My names Quinn..." She said, inviting conversation if the exotic lady wished some.

14. Likes , Origins, Ruach liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Connor raises an eyebrow when Quinn mentions holding him to his promise. "I'm counting on it." He replies flatly, hiding his mischievous grin by sipping his champagne once more. He thoroughly enjoys the game of cat and mouse they're playing, and before the end of the night one, or both, of them would win.

"There's no fun in it if affection is freely given. I don't understand the men who expect a prize handed to them on a silver platter, when the real thrill is in the chase." He says, speaking on their relationship and his desire to continue to pursue her.

Then a new beast approaches, and his own rears forward. It wants blood, and this new predators was all that would satiate it. The urge was barely pushed to the side without a snarl, but only barely. He turns to face the new arrival; J.C. After Quinn does her song and dance with the Kindred, Connor extends a hand. "Good to see you again, I don't believe we've talked since the first night we met." The haunt was also careful not to use J.C.s name, and was vague about where they had met, but he was friendly. If Quinn trusted J.C, then the haunt would have to as well.

Then yet another person arrives, a woman, scantily clad and wearing glasses. Almost in sync with Quinn, the haunt looks the new woman up and down, a predatory shine filling his eyes. He dares not speak though, until Quinn herself speaks up addressing the woman. "I'm inclined to agree with you Quinn." He says, his eyes never leaving Circe. "There's not a thing wrong with the outfit, it's...fitting." The haunt extends a hand to Circe, as he also begins speaking directly to her. ​"Connor, a pleasure to meet you."
    The Vanishing:

16. Likes Origins, Ruach liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

JC hid his true feeling at Quinn’s response. Though he was glad he didn’t have his drink yet. He probably would have snorted it. She’d definitely won the point for comeback.

“Don’t get to see such craftwork outside certain circles,”
    he laughed along with the joke, though his own squeeze back was also firm, gentle, and more genuine than his words. He let his thoughts flow more naturally at her touch, in case she was listening.

A woman in what JC could only begin to describe as a fantasy stripper outfit or cosplay approached. She pulled it off, but it did seem a bit strange and he wasn’t entirely sure if she was going for something or just reveling in her nature somehow (what that might be). He imagined there could be quite a few Kindred who would like to dress in outfits long forgotten to the ages. He imagined that might be him in time.

JC thanked the bartender as they dropped off his drink while taking Circe’s. He forced blood through the walls of his stomach as he took a drink. While he was at it, he allowed even more blood to start flowing through his veins.

“JC,” he introduced himself as well. The woman seemed more interested in Quinn and Connor. Part of him was worried that she was a succubus (non-vampiric variety) looking to drain his friend. But he didn’t want to worry right now, so he resolved to think about the danger later, enjoy the company, and enjoy his drink.

18. Likes , Origins liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

(Drinks and Blush)Vitae 2 Spent
    PRE

Bookkeeping