Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
(Nexus III) Around the Bar

Sep 29, 2021 : Nexus III
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn grinned wider at Circe and winked. "I wonder how many gentlemen in this establishment has worn one?!" She said with a laugh at the correction, and she quirked a brow at J.C. and immediately said to him "Aren't you glad you stayed fit eh?" She poked his belly for good measure.

Even someone as 'tricky' as Mary huh? Interesting. She considers the possibilities of what tricky entailed. Perhaps something illegal? Or not? Maybe she did something for a living that required high precision? Could be. Could be a million things. Though when it came to the supernatural the sky was the limit.

"Oh no...not private tooling, the very public kind that involves engines I'm afraid! Not nearly so fun, but definitely a larger purchase." She said to Circe with a grin. "I'm buying a vehicle from her." She nodded her head to Emily.

To Emily Quinn laughed when she struggled with her name. Quinn made finger guns when she got it right! "That's right, Quinn, and you remember Connor of course..." She said softly, and nodded her head to the tall dark and handsome beside her. "Don't worry nothing to crazy, just removing that special latch in the trunk so you can open it from the inside, and some light proofing on the trunk, and some reinforcing." Way to sound like a serial killer. Jesus.

"It's alright Emily, I met Mable before I ever knew you existed."
    She nodded a bit in recognition of that fact so that Emily caught what she was putting down. Quinn was a vampire as well.

"I have two day jobs technically. One I am a mild mannered computer nerd who works on a contract only basis, and of course there are the less than legal side to that with helping people get identification and other 'official' documents. I also work on a referral only basis as a touch clairvoyant, I am even on retainer with the police department." Since they were talking jobs, Quinn made a shameless plug.

Quinn watched Circe put her glass down in mid air. Huh. Interesting. Quinn's powers so to speak were pretty subtle, except for Cloak of Shadows or Celerity, which she wasn't gunna bust out here.

2. Likes , Origins liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Girdles are for shaping your waist and arse, corsets are for shaping your waist and stomach... sometimes your chest. They aren't gender exclusive." The haunt says, as if he's an expert on the subject, before laying a gentle hand on Quinn's shoulder as if to say 'stop talking.'

He looks over as Emily introduces Mable. "Wonderful to see you again Mable, you look lovely as always." He says with a bow of the head befitting her position in their shared society. The meaning was apparent, Connor was also Kindred. "I'll get the car in for an oil change as soon as I have the spare time, Emily." A small look of guilt and shame for mistreating his car cross his face before disappearing.

Then Quinn was talking about her 'day' job. "I sign papers for a living. I own properties back in New York, which are managed by a company that simply sends me any paperwork that needs signing. I sign it, send it back, and collect a paycheck." He shrugs. "Kind of boring, but it leaves me with plenty of time to pursue other activities I may be interested in."

Connor watches as Circe Mary leaves her wine glass suspended in midair. Slowly he reaches out to touch it.

failure

And nothing happens, which is accompanied by displeasure painted on the haunt's face.
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

4. Likes pisces, Origins liked this post

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable squeezes Em's hand in return. She gives a smile to JC. "Hi, JC. Nice to see you." She raises an eyebrow, "Are you into corsets? Wearing I mean. No judgement just curious." If he didn't want to be outed as a Kindred she wouldn't say a word. They needed to meet again soon. She would need to set that up.

Her mind drifted to crone related stuff. But was shocked back into the conversation by Ci...Mary talking about being a goddess. "Psh, ex-goddess. You are a goddess and you know it." She giggled. She waited to see what Emily would say or do...

Mable winked at Quinn, "You are looking good. You sound super busy, Have you been able to take some destress time? Ya know spa, pedicure etc?" Mable was concerned that her Friend? Family? Was doing okay.

"Connor, you are a font of knowledge. And very sweet, thank you."

"Hmm everyone is job sharing... I work for the Urban Forestry Project as a ranger of sorts. I also do some work with the police. And I have recently started umm... Life Coaching I guess is the best term for what I do. Oh and I run a farm." She hoped her kindred family wouldn't laugh at her feeble attempt of explaining what she does.

6. Likes , pisces liked this post
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily has several tattoos:
    - a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    - a collection of stars on her left wrist, tapering up her arm
    - flowers on her right foot around her ankle
    - A crescent moon on her left shoulderblade

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Hey J.C.!" Emily replies cheerily. "What brings you here tonight?"

She stares at the glass suspended in the air. "Wow. That's pretty clever." She leans over, pokes the glass and grins.

Listening to Quinn, she frowns a little. "That sounds a bit creepy... Do you have a habit of hiding in your trunk?" Connor! That was it. She smirks. "You'd better." She looks form both of them to Mabel. "So, you guys all know each other? So... that would make you.... like, the same as her?" She asked tenatively.

"Eh, you all know what I do." Looking around, she settles on Circe"Oh, you wanna see my party trick?" She knocks back the drink in one and sets the glass down licking her lips. "Watch this...."

Emily stretches her arms up... and then shifts. A silver-furred wolf is in her place. She pads around a little, strutting primly to the end of the bar... and suddently is there again in her dress as before. "Ta-da!"

Emily has a large enough pool to shift without rolls as per the werewolf house rules.
    Ithaeur Iron Master, Primal Urge 2

8. Likes , pisces, , Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.
    Circe Scenes

Rage singing, no work with Ozzy, Shake the shanty

(Pretty Change Glasses Activate!)Glamour 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The efforts to move the glass prove futile. It is quite stubborn in its temporal dislocation.

Circe nods as Quinn explains the upcoming vehicle purchase. When Quinn explains her occupations, that perks up her interest. "Ah, that is why you are so familiar," Circe knew of the second job through her usage of it. "No offense to your skills Quinn, but I rely upon my own daemonic minions I've coded online. Almost a super power what one can do with the right codes," she runs her finger around the rim of the floating glass.

"I have a few, hmm, side hustles here and there. Mechanics, cooking, coding, construction. Mostly I trade in markets, grey and deeper shades you could say." If they didn't know how to find her to buy guns from her, she wasn't going to risk it. "But Quinn," the vampire gets a smile and thumbs up from the changeling, "It must be so much fun to hide right beneath the nose of the cops, snubbing them without notice, oh ho ho ho! I'd toast your success in that Quinn," she signals to the bartender, "But I need a drink first."

It gave her some ideas too.

Connor gets a smile from the Summer as her corrects the fashion. "Now Lady Mab, he might just be a fashionista. Or enjoy wearing both, whichever."

Emily's transformation causes Circe to raise her left eyebrow. "Huh," she pauses to examine the coloration of the fur. When Emily turns back she says, "Guessing you know yer a wolf, that must make you an aware wolf. Fur what is it worth," she smirks.

4 successes
    1 Glamour

Before everyone's eyes, there is a change in the, currently, black haired Italian beauty. Her hair. The roots change color and the change flows out to her ends. It is a perfect match for Emily's fur. "I liked the color."

After the show, Circe looks to Mabel. Her accent slips from formal back down to informal, "Ya are dating her. Would this make ya qualify as," and the formal comes back, "Ahem, a furry?"
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

10. Likes , , , pisces liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

JC was a bit surprised at how… wrong it felt for supernatural powers to be displayed so blatantly. A glass in the air, Chris was doing something with colors for another group, turning into a wolf (at least that one was familiar). Still, the indoctrination of Kindred society was perhaps deeper than expected, that his first thought was it was a breach of if not the Masquarade, then the Laws of Court.

But this wasn’t court. Whatever cultures these people were a part of it, it seemed it was vastly different from vampiric norms. Or at least more open. The displays did nothing to make him want to reveal the secrets of clan or court.

Connor still didn’t seem in on the joke, but the dangerous boxer apparently knew enough about the technical aspects. Or maybe he did get it. From the way he touched Quinn’s shoulder did the Haunt think the Mekhet would get ideas?

The fact that his blood was moving was probably the only reason he flinched from Quinn’s touch. Though the Beast did rise a bit at the ‘attack’, he tamped it down and smiled. “A curse that forever limits my wardrobe options,” he replied with an exaggerated sigh and a quirk.

“Not really,” JC laughed gently at Mable’s question “More an interest in gender studies, and how our psychology puts things into categories.”

His anxiety was starting to hit, wanting him to pull back a bit on the fun and remember the danger of the place.

“I’m here to drink and people watch mostly. Get a feel for what… all this is like,” he said to Emily gesturing at the rooftop crowd (after she turned back from a wolf). Shoot, he probably should have acted more impressed by that. “That’s a pretty cool skill you've mastered," he complimented. If it took anywhere the effort it took him to learn, it wasn't faint praise.
    Presence (Quiet Listener) 1 / BP1 / Mask of Tranquility

12. Likes , pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn wore a smile like the cat that just wiped out the entire bird population of northern California. The hand on the shoulder only encouraged the Mehket. She would not be pawed at thank you very much. It was in the way Connor said 'arse' where she could hear his accent slip through, and Quinn was here for it. Turning up those whiskey colored eyes to the haunt, the shadow widened her eyes innocently. "Wow...it's almost like you could teach a class on the subject....." She batted her long eyelashes at him a bit, a teasing smirk on her face. "You could teach classes called 'Real men wear corsets.' I can totally see it." She raised the glass to her lips taking a drink watching Connor a moment before moving on to Mable's line of questioning.

She considered what Mable said. Yes, Quinn almost always looked good though. Except perhaps that one court when J.C and Quinn had just been ditched by Dirt Nap. Yeah...that wasn't a good night. That wound was still raw then, and now....oh boy. What a loaded question, though Quinn was certain Mable hadn't meant it to be. "Not particularly. I think this is as 'destressed' as I get these days. Lot's of stuff going on that I'm trying to chase down, but I swore no business tonight, and I can almost feel myself wanting to get into all of that and completely nullify the idea of 'just a night of frivolity' I promised Mr. Corset over here." The enjoyment Quinn was getting for teasing Connor was immeasurable really and he just kept giving her more material to work with.

To Emily Quinn chuckled a little and shrugged. "No, but that's kinda the point of it all though. In case I HAD to, or if I had to store something large that I didn't want to get out...really its just planning for any untoward circumstances I could potentially run into. You never know...." Then she transformed into a wolf. Quinn almost clutched her non existent pearls. Sure...J.C could change into one of those too, but she never watched every second of the transformation. Holy shit. What did her sire call those things? Umm.. umm...not Shapeshifters, like the Gangrel were referred to as, but...oh damnit. Oh oh oh Lupine. A Lupine who was dating a Gangrel. Huh. There was a joke there somewhere she was almost sure of it, but her mind went blank.

Quinn happily giggled with Circe over her snub to the po po's. 'Cause Quinn found herself enjoying that inside joke quite a fucking bit. The fact that a criminal like herself literally worked for the cops was in fact, funny as all hell. "It's fantastic! The fact that those donut munching morons have no fucking clue I am anything more than a eccentric psychic is really the highlight of my day every time I use those contacts or do some work for them, and its even more funneh, when you consider they pay me for it!" Quinn grinned when Circe mentioned the black market, and fished a card of hers out. It was all black with red writing that had her number on it. "I could definitely think of some things I could use from that market, and in case a lovely lady like yourself wants some company or other services I provide networking is a thing, right?" She winked at her.

Quinn grinned at J.C as he took the ribbing with a light heart. "You would look magnificent! Speaking of magnificence...we could use a night in to hang, yeah? It's been awhile since our last one." Her smile softened some from its usual razor edge teasing, as good natured as it was, she let some of that sparkle fade for the moment, because she was being sincere. It was hard because on the surface it would appear they spent a ton of time together, but they were either seeing each other in passing or working, so it wasn't what Quinn would consider 'quality time.'

14. Likes liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

The Haunt ignores the jabs from the others about his comment on corsets versus girdles, and instead focuses in on the Shadow next to him. She has the frame to pull off a corset dress well, and it was a thought that he now can'tt get out of his head. "Speaking of corsets," he says flatly, "you and I may have a shopping trip on our near future." His eyes land on the Shadow expectantly, the reason for the shopping trip clear in the smirk now painting his features. Tonight is game night, it seems.

"Thank you, Mable."
    He says with a nod of his head. He could say much more after Quinn's own statement to the hierophant and, if the Shadow keeps pushing buttons, he just might. For now though he keeps anything else to himself.

Then Circe's mention of working in darker markets catches his attention. "I wonder." He says softly, before speaking the slightest bit more. "I've been trying to procure some items that are more... difficult to obtain. I wonder if you might work in the market to help me obtain said items." He reaches into his coat pocket and retrieves a white card with emerald green script. O'Brien Realtyis written across the top, accompanied by a phone number and e-mail address. "Neither of those contact methods are secure. If you're interested in doing business, simply call me and request a meeting. I'll clear my schedule for it."

The transformation of not only Emily, but Circe as well left him somewhat awe struck. Once again he reaches out for the floating glass.

2 successes

Upon touching it the glass seemingly fades from existence and the Haunt stares at the empty space, a pleased smile on his face.

Quinn's voice rings through talking about a night in with J.C. The Haunt's smile fades and his jaw sets slightly; a subtle, but visible view into one of the few emotions the beast felt to its fullest.
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

16. Likes Origins, pisces liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

(augment dicepool)Willpower 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

book keeping
    The Vanishing:

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable grinned at her wolfy girlfriend, "you go , babe." She encouraged her. She caught the eye of the bar tender and pointed to Em's glass.

Then Circe...Mable burst out laughing. "OMG, Yes I am a furry. I so love your punnyness." She was also impressed with the coding wisardry she could do.

to JC, "I like that. Everything seems to get put into gender categories right from birth doesn't it?"

Mable gave Quinn a nod of understanding, well she sortta understood what she meant. "Quinn, I'd love a movie night sometime so we could catch up." She gave Em's hand? Paw? a squeeze and a quick look, she would explain later why she was meeting up with anther woman.

"And I need a sparing partner, any takers?" Mable grinned hoping to spark some interest.

19. Likes Origins, , pisces liked this post
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread