Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Moving day

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Sep 20, 2021 : Kaze bumps into Belle
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze grins, "Yeah, not so much on Yoga, but meditation, definitely. You know," Kaze instantly and fluidly drops down into a lotus position, sitting with his legs crossed and seems to enter into a Meditative Mind state like it's nothing!

2 successes

"Oh yeah." Kaze says, still sitting cross legged and opening his eyes and sounding way, way more chill and calm. "It's good stuff. Helps me focus, like instantly. I mean, usually I meditate for like an hour first thing after I wake up."

"Yeah. It's been a process." Kaze says contemplatively. "Retraining my mental reflexes, you know? To just...make a choice, not hesitate. Go with it and you know, do the whole, 'Luke, trust your feelings' thing. you know?"

"Oh, okay. Seafood bad. No celebrating with sushii." Kaze says smiling. "No worries."

"I mean, my favorite is Pizzasaurus Rex, but you know, everyone has their own favorite kind." Kaze says. "I'll order some. What do you like on yours? I'm Hawaiian all the way."
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

2. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    Mana: 9/9
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

As Kaze visibly chills within his meditation, Belle looks on impressed. "I get it; it's more of a mindset thing than a fitness thing. Very nice!" Would certainly help with my temper. "The routine must be good. That's kind of why I got into training with Phoenyx; with so much of my life out and about routine was kind of a secondary concern." And as much as she hated to admit it, she really missed being busy; jumping around and hunting for lost treasures.

"I've usually been a gut thinker myself. That would get me into trouble sometimes, but I was never alone when it happened." She has a bit of a rueful smile. "One of the upsides of working with a team, I guess. More heads to butt with means fewer chances of making stupid decisions." Or compounding on stupid decisions.

Belle pulls up 'Pizzasaurus Rex' and her eyes go wide. "Hell yeah! That's the stuff I want after a long moving day." She starts to open her mouth as if in protest when Kaze offers to order, but she catches herself. "Alright, I graciously accept your offer. But just to warn you, I'm no cheap date when it come to pizza, but I am flexible provided there's no fish involved."

Apologies for the delay on this!

4. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze nods and says, "Exactly!" When Belle comments on the difference between Yoga and meditation.

"Yeah, it's kind of a really interesting head space, you know? Like, I always had pretty strong intuition, like I would subconsciously pick up when something wasn't right. Made me hard to take by surprise. But after I got into meditation and sword work, katana work that is, it was like I could clear my mind of all the random feelings and distractions, like am I really sensing something isn't right in the Starbucks where I'm sitting, or am I feeling guilty that I didn't tip bigger, you know?"

Kaze smiles fondly reminiscing. "Yeah, getting into Iaido and learning how to kind of live in a 'Zanshin' state...I guess that might have been the beginning of me starting to figure a lot of things out. Like, the difference between regret and living in the moment."

He nods and grins, "That's really cool. I reel like I have just been figuring things out on my own, because my relationships were kind of you know, counter productive. Like, based on guilt and shame and trying to meet other peoples' expectations." He says openly and frankly.

"Great!" Kaze exclaims when Belle approves of the pizza place! "I'm ordering a Hawaiian for myself. What do you want?"
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

6. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    Mana: 9/9
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

Belle thinks for a moment; the briefest of moments, as if savoring the anticipation of sharing a meal with her new roommate...her newest friend.

"House special, extra cheese."
    She grins. "I'm feeling like living dangerously today."

She starts looking through one of her boxes. It looked as if, through the course of the conversation, most of her belongings had been brought in. She pulls out a couple of plastic cups. "You sure you're okay? It's been a while since I've seen Paradox up close and personal, especially with Life magic." She heads to the kitchen to get some water for the glasses, still gauging Kaze's reactions to see if maybe some mundane cures could help where magic couldn't.

8. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze grins, "Absolutely!"

Then a ring tone sounds, The Sorcerer's Apprentice.

"Oh...wow. Really Dad?" Kaze says, sounding kind or excited and bummed at the same time.

"Hey...Belle?" Kaze says. "I know this is awkward, but I have to jet. Like, literally."

He grins again. "If it's too weird, to stay here alone, no worries, but if you are okay with like an extended house sitting for me, I would really appreciate it. Seriously. I have no idea when I'll be back, and I gotta go right now, so...keys are on the counter, to the condo and the truck. Use em in good health or just, you know eat the pizza and lock up if you want."

10. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread