Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 27
DISPLAYED
(Nexus III) Jennifer, Kaze, and Milton

Sep 29, 2021 : Nexus III
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

And then Steve, as if sensing Milton's thoughts, leaves. Literally walks off into the night. Milton gives his new acquaintance a nod and watches him depart, wondering if this is the last he will see of that...remarkable individual. Unblinking eyes flick to Jennifer, gauging her reaction for a moment.

"Yes, people can be so...difficult," he responds, bemused, to Maya's sentiment. "Best to choose your companions wisely, or at least ensure that your own self-interest aligns with theirs." Milton has never been convinced of mankind's supposedly altruistic inclinations. In his experience, it is quite the opposite. For him, the maxim Homo Homini Lupis seems the height of truth when it comes to human beings. Obviously, the Kindred exemplify this trend.

"No family curse? How boring," he says with a little smile. Seems to him that the Northbridge name has been cursed from the beginning. He's certainly experienced it as a stain upon his soul (what little of it remains at this late date). "I was hoping for something interesting at least," he continues, seemingly disappointed. But also relieved that this line of conversation has petered out.

He listens closely to Maya's explanation. Finds himself completely baffled. "Built in...how exactly?" As always, his curiosity drives his attention.

Back to Shakespeare. "Both fine choices," though anything is fine when it comes to the Bard. "It seems an age since I've made it to the theater," he adds regretfully. "Have either of you taken in any interesting art as of late?"
    Health: Vitae: WP: BP: 1

Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    Mana: 9/9
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

Milton's dark sense of humor was starting to warm Belle up to him, in an odd sort of way. Like, she can't imagine hanging out with this guy on the regular, but at least he was a fun party guest.

"Maybe that explanation was a bit obtuse." How exactly do you dumb down magic? Especially to someone who shouldn't know how it works? "Like a cell phone app!" She briefly pulls out her phone and shows off her phone menu. Just long enough to see the list of apps. "Certain 'programs' can be 'installed' to give items abilities. Sometimes its fireworks, like Steve did earlier. Other times its shooting fireballs or rewinding time or turning your hands into claws. You're basically hacking nature." There! That should help. Assuming Milton was tech savvy.

As to new art...
    "Not recently, no. I've been a bit busy with work and having to pick up a survival job in the meantime. I'm always looking for new books to read though. And there's this cute little bookstore a work buddy of Steve and I that's had some nice cheap deals." She tries to be thrifty wherever she can.

Belle's phone vibrates. She pulls up the lock screen and frowns.
    "Ah crap! I've got an interview early tomorrow!" She gives both Milton and Jenn a handshake. "It's so nice to meet you both. I hope you enjoy the rest of your night. Now, for my final act..."
    1 success

The night had made Belle bold; she was going to make a dramatic exit. Weaving hands through the air, space begins forming a runic circle around her feet. She gives a final wink before snapping the magic into place, and the circle pulls Belle through the floor...
    1 success

And pulls off a sketchy, but comfortable landing in the back seat of her vehicle. As the portal closes above her with a satisfying 'swish', Belle cracks her knuckles and grins into the rearview mirror. "Damn, I'm good!"

Thanks for the fun interaction!
    Artifact

Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer keeps her face in the expression she uses with kine- more expressive, almost over emoting to her. It's in curious expression now. She practiced socializing with kine.
    "Yes, people can be difficult. Managing to stay beneath their radar." A glance to Maya, gauging her reaction.
    " I went with a mutual friend a few months ago. To the popular Opera House
    It was quite enjoyable. I certainly would go to see a new production.
    It was nice to meet you, Maya.'

Jennifer bids Steve's roommate as she explained about the job interview.
    Then the magic of being pulled through the floor did cause genuine curiosity and alarm in equal measure. Jennifer leaned forward and looks at the circle for a beat. Assuring herself that Maya was gone.

" Well, that was interesting!"
    Jennifer glanced around the room, checking if anyone has been alerted to her and Mikton by the magic act. After a beat, Jennifer looks in on Quinn and Connor. They were perfectly capable of defending themselves and capable at not attracting the wrong attention. Yet she assured herself that they were alright. She notes Mable with her date. A glance to check for any other Kindred.
    Jennifer turned her attention back to Milton.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

Maya is keen to offer her explanation of the (frankly impossible) qualities of these objects in terms of contemporary technology. Milton understands the...application. But not the code, as it were.

However, before he can probe further, she's bidding her farewells. She grabs Milton's hand to shake it before he can move it away and the Lord frowns. Unhappy to be touched without consent.

And then, with a swish of her hands, the mysterious (and presumptuous) Maya is gone. Simply gone.

Milton looks from the space where the woman had just been to Jennifer, clearly shocked (and not for the first time this evening).

"Interesting may be too mild a description," he says, wonder (and a touch of fear) apparent in his voice. "It was a pleasure to meet Steve, I must say. I regret he could not stay." He does not say anything about Maya, though. The implication should be quite clear to someone as perceptive as Jennifer.

"All...miraculous events aside, if you would like to attend the Opera or Theater some night in the future, do let me know. I'd be happy to join..."

Brown eyes scan this otherworldly space, checking to see who else might've seen Maya's exit.
    Health: Vitae: WP: BP: 1

0 Scenes

Last call for Nexus posts! Scene's currently over time!

Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"Yes, I regret that he had to leave so early. I am pleased that you were able to meet him."
    A glance to Maya, a beat of silence before she continued, speaking to Milton.
    "I shall invite you, Mr. Northbridge. I favor one in particular- no doubt you have heard of it? Ballo Della Notte. I shall contact you when they put out a production. As it is, it is getting rather late. I am glad that you accepted the invite to meet me here." She replied, with a rare genuine smile.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE