DISPLAYED
Aug 31, 2009 : Breakfast at the Boarding House
(2110) Seating area around Jennifer
Oct 8, 2021 - Oct 25, 2021
The Wood, the Wells, and the Words
Oct 8, 2021 - Oct 29, 2021
(2110) Jacque's Orbit
Oct 15, 2021 - Oct 30, 2021
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque acknowledged the approach of the two and pulled away from the other social circles enough to engage with them.

Continued in (2110) Jacque's Orbit...

Blood Hunt:

2. Likes Ruach, pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Assured of their welcome with the Seneschal, Quinn closed the gap between them to conversational distance, with Vincenzo in tow.

Continued in (2110) Jacque's Orbit...

4. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (exotic)
    Distinctive Voice
    (low and textured)
    New identity
    (Wei Lin Carter)
    Wei Lin

+1
    SL
    +0.5
    DV
    PRE

More people coming and going. Wei Lin acknowledged the Seneschal with a curtsy before turning back to her own matters in the face of Waldorf.

Where did you expect to meet me, then? A fleeting thought, seeped in bitterness at how she had to leave. "It has been most welcoming. And you? Are you simply visiting or..?" she left the question hang, allowing the man finish it as he pleased. Her face expressing a perfectly polite interest, and her clothes stylish and completely void of anything but the desire to look nice.

"I have, actually," she paused, looking around the room looking for Dirt Nap. He seemed to abandon his lonely rumination and found some company at last. "I can introduce you if you like but I think he's otherwise engaged at the moment."

She swept her hand in the direction of Dirt Nap's group, never so base as to point her finger at something. Not in public anyway.

"How does the Domain fair back in San Francisco?" she almost said 'back home'. It was still strange to consider it not as a place she belonged. So many years spent, so many people left behind. Speaking to Waldorf, Wei Lin remembered his childe far more fondly, wondering if she had arrived in Sacramento as well.
    BP: 2

Jennifer Hazelton

"I may move here, permanently. I've heard that the Domain is favorable to my interests. I do need to speak to the Priscus, Archon Twist. If she is here, would you mind introducing me to her?"
    He takes a moment to glance around. Then faces Wei Lin again.

"I would like that introduction to Dirt Nap. Let us wait a moment. Can you tell me who Dirt Nap is speaking with?" Royce inquired as he followed Wei Lin's look to Dirt Nap.

"San Francisco fares as it always does. There was a new Gangrel that was a flash in the pan while I was making preparation to leave. Direct, yet ruffled some feathers. Constantly mangling proper address.
    Not everyone tolerated being called by their first name.
    I advised Rebecca to steer clear of Ms. Jacqui Pham. Rebecca mentioned that she might want to relocate. I told her to wait for a bit, think about it. She is doing well in San Francisco.
    Enough about San Francisco. You have been here for a bit? What have you found to your liking?"

7. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (exotic)
    Distinctive Voice
    (low and textured)
    New identity
    (Wei Lin Carter)
    Wei Lin

+1
    SL
    +0.5
    DV
    PRE

At the mention of moving, their brows went up a fraction. Here? Wonder why. They didn't ask, shaking their head no instead. "No, I'm afraid Alder Priscus isn't here. I can get you her contacts, if you like." Actually, Wei Lin haven't seen their Priscus in a good while. Something was keeping her out of court affairs, clearly.

"They are Pastor Wells of Lancea Sanctum and Miss Woods, Heirophant of the Circle of the Crone." Wei Lin didn't add anything else, in part because they didn't know either well enough to do so, in part because both of them could hear her clearly if they desired too. Such be the danger and the thrill of the Courts, no word goes unnoticed by somebody.

Even as they departed, throwing their allegiance to another Domain in words, it was hard to steel their heart entirely at the mention of the former home. They could just imagine how the Court would react to that brush Gangrel, the looks, and the whispers, and it filled her with the ache of something too close to homesickness. And then there was the fact that they had to flee from their supposed home as those same looks and whispers got too heavy to bare...

Still, they smile, picture perfect as always, "Did he use 'my'? Though that would get blood flowing, not just feathers." A laugh, as if it was a funny joke. It felt like it sometimes, being proper, smiling just the right way, saying the right words. All to better pretend they weren't the Beasts they were underneath it all.

"I rather miss her. Please, if she ever decides to move, tell her I'll be on call should she require anything."

Their liking? That's a hard one, even with all the nights spent in Sacramento. Did they actually like it? Little truth was ever said in halls of Court, that was for certain. "A couple of months now. I would say, people. It's hard to recommend the city with taste differing so much, but it was very gratifying to find our society as welcoming as it can be." They swept a hand around the room, all the assembled Kindred conversing, playing their games with each other and themselves. What a bitter irony to talk about warm welcomes when their home couldn't provide the same for one long being in good standing.
    BP: 2

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap suddenly looks startled. He takes out a small silver object, a cheap 'flip phone' and looks at a text he has apparently received.

"Tarnation." He mutters. Shaking his head.

He makes a respectful exit from the Eternal Court.

10. Likes pisces, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

HP: 0/7 [7 Bash]
    WP: 0/2
    Vitae: 2/6

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

Def: 3 (Dex; Tonfa +1)
    Armor: 1/0 (Reinforced Clothing)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

PRE

Whereas Dirt Nap's exit from Court might have looked a bit frenzied, Conner's is a calm, assured re-entry into the Styxian flow of Elysium. He gives each present Court official their due bows, his eyes lingering briefly on Quinn as if to say The pieces are moving. ​And then he walks up the steps to mingle in the upper floors of the Nox with the humans oblivious to the machinations mere floors below.

12. Likes pisces liked this post
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread