DISPLAYED
Aug 31, 2009 : Breakfast at the Boarding House
(2110) Seating area around Jennifer
Oct 8, 2021 - Oct 25, 2021
The Wood, the Wells, and the Words
Oct 8, 2021 - Oct 29, 2021
(2110) Jacque's Orbit
Oct 15, 2021 - Oct 30, 2021
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

HP: 0/7 [7 Bash]
    WP: 0/2
    Vitae: 2/6

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

Def: 3 (Dex; Tonfa +1)
    Armor: 1/0 (Reinforced Clothing)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

PRE

Conner approaches the group that has begun to form, something deep in his stomach and deeper still twisting in knots. "Greetings, Mr. O'Brien. I hadn't heard of your promotion yet. Congratulations!" O'Brien seemed like the kind of man who would pursue and excel at such a task. Gives him something to focus on. He offers a handshake of congratulations, even as his inner predator writhes in discomfort at the proximity to the curse of two Haunts.

Wei Lin's curious look is noted by the Shadow, and he meets it with his own cautious smile. "I believe we briefly crossed paths a while back here. You'd met Mr. Dirt Nap?" He and Edward Heinrich had been enjoying a chess game and some inspiring conversation at the time.
    2 successes

Conner wishes some days he could turn off his keen observation; the Succubus' veiled discomfort prompted a nauseous bout of Bestial disdain. A Daeva? Uncomfortable? Rub salt in that wound. No. She's new and she has few friends. There's no need to isolate people for the sake of nervousness. He leaves room for Wei Lin not to answer his question, but he does keep an eye open for her response.

So Mable is Hierophant now? He knew that she was the only acknowledged member of the Circle, just as he was the only acknowledged member of the Lance at this time. But to hear her jump up the ranks so quickly... Let's wait until a REAL Hierophant shows up and puts her in her place! The Circle's power structure isn't exactly like the Lancea Sanctums. Besides, she technically can do that. But for Conner it was more about earning his place rather than taking roles out of convenience. He gives the Gangrel a nod of acknowledgement. "Hierophant Wood, could I request a moment of your time?" He gives a nod to the side as if to indicate wanting to talk separately. There was business he wanted to take care of before the Lancea became fully active.

The two new Kindred briefly caught Conner's attention, but Vincenzo brought an expression of relief to the Shadow's face. Though he doesn't call out the Legate immediately. Given how the Pope investigation had gone, the less the general public knew the better.

PRP Stats: In Minisheet

2. Likes , pisces, liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap enters wearing cleaned and ironed work clothes and cleaned and shined up work boots.

He looks around, and sees everyone he knows seeming to be in a clump together. He nods respectfully towards them all and heads off a bit in the other direction, over by the chess board. He appears to study the positions in between glancing around at the others in attendance as if he is memorizing the whole thing.

4. Likes , , BoxingUnicorn liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn briefly stopped at coat check to check her jacket and bag. Preferring to be free of them this evening, but have it available should she need anything from them.

Quinn descended the staircase with an air of confidence about her steps. Her heels make their signature clack clack clack announcing her arrival at court. Quinn wore a gorgeous dress that was a blue tint over a slip of fabric with the last of the fall flowers and roses appearing to blow through the fabric, or that's what the illusion was supposed to give a sense of. It was 3/4 sleeved, and left one shoulder fully bare. A red leather tooled, waist cincher styled, corset around her midsection. Her hair held back in a low ponytail. Her makeup flawless, bringing out the intensity of her hazel eyes. Tonight she wore only a stunning silver and tanzanite tennis bracelet on her right wrist. A gift from her Ladyship.

Quinn surveyed the court and noted the new face, and that her Ladyship and Connor already were getting to know her. Conner looked to be engaging Mable, which Quinn found lovely. It was as she had directed him. He would blossom if he continued to heed her council on court matters. Rowan was right to send him to her. Surprising for Rowan to admit defeat on being an insufferable know it all, but I suppose that's one of those miracles they are always hooting about.

As Quinn took in the room her beast either snarled or quivered at the press of so many in such a small space. Only one way in or out. Several unhelpful thoughts raced through her mind, and the thought the scent of vitae in the air would be spectacular, she canned the beasts monstrous ambition and shifted her thoughts to court proper. There was one in particular that stood out. Vincenzo of the line Nosferatu. That name she knew. She headed over with a small smile forming on her lips.

"Good evening, I don't believe we have met." She paused only a beat for his attention to turn to her addressing him. "Quinn Durant, Priscus of the Mehket, Unaligned." It would also be the first time she announced her lack of covenant in court. She did so confidently and without any hesitation.

6. Likes , Ruach, BoxingUnicorn, liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

" Good evening, Priscus Durant. I am Vincenzo, a member of the Ventrue.
    I enjoy membership to the Lancea Sanctum.

It's lovely to meet you. I occasionally travel to San Diego, do not be alarmed to not see me at a court for a few weeks.
    I have cause to stay in Sacramento, and hopefully to speak with Seneschal Jack, Priscus of the Ventrue."
    Vincenzo is BP 4

The gentleman who had the hairstyle and certainly the BP to suggest age, gave a polite nod to Priscus Durant and moved away, to stand quietly by the chess table.

As Vincenzo was talking, the trio of Mariposa Sanchez, Mr. Edison Jake and Stacey Clark entered. Ms. Sanchez was Mexican American and wore a midnight blue a line dress over her plus size figure, a sparking diamond tennis bracelet on her left wrist. Ms. Sanchez accented her dark skin with shimmering gold eyeshadow that looked fetching.
    Ms. Clark wore a rose colored calf length gown with 3/4 length sleeves, her blonde hair falling in cascading waves. Her fair light skin was carefully made up with peach lipstick and light brown eyeshadow, bringing out her blue eyes.
    Mr. Jake wore a simple black suit, white dress shirt and a purple pocket square. He was a Black man wearing his natural hair about two inches long. He nods politely to the Priscus Hazelton according her status. Then the same politely nodding to Priscus Durant, perfectly to her new regard that she has gained. All three kindred had cloaked their beasts. The ladies made their polite deeper nods to Priscus Hazelton, then to Priscus Durant.

8. Likes Ruach, BoxingUnicorn, liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

The Haunt, much to the chagrin of his beast, offers a small bow respecting her position as Heirophant to Mable as she approaches. "Good evening, Madame Wood. You look lovely, the dress suits you." He says, mid bow.

His attention turns back to the Priscus. "Thank you, Lady Notary, your praise is appreciated." Connor replies, with a small nod of the head. He finds it curious that the Priscus had noticed a lack of a surname; he had assumed the Kindred's surname was Lin.

Then the Pastor speaks congratulations, and the beast raises unfounded alarms, which are deftly pushed to the side. "Thank you, Mr. Wells. It was less a promotion and more an election, but it was hard fought none the less."

Then Quinn enters, and his gaze among the gathered group is lost. After the briefest of moments, he turns his attention back to those gathered nearby. "I came to Sacramento for the same reason. I felt it was time to venture out and make my own name, not follow a path carved by my Sire. I'm finding that I can make a home here; I thoroughly enjoy the security and freedom granted by her Grace, Prince Antinori."

He spots the three he had spoken to about Mr. Pope, unfortunately the more talkative, and honestly more enjoyable, Mr. Hoyle was not present. He gives them all a brief nod of recognition before his attention is returned to those he's conversing with.
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

10. Likes , Ruach, liked this post

Presence
    (magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (exotic)
    Distinctive Voice
    (low and textured)
    New identity
    (Wei Lin Carter)
    Wei Lin

+1
    SL
    +0.5
    DV
    PRE

More and more Kindred came in, the press of the Beast becoming heavier to resist. They wanted to tear and bite, or maybe run and hide, instead they had to smile and memorise names and titles. Still, such mental exercise was the perfect way to lean into more rational parts of self instead of succumbing to the base debauchery of the Beast.

It's not ever better as another Haunt started to speak. Wei Lin just barely managed to stay their tongue, keeping a swear inside their own mind, but there was no hiding an involuntary shiver at the creepy sound. The effect of it justapoxed against a lady-like appearance of the woman was even worse somehow. Still, Priscus was polite and keen, so at least for that she deserved some respect.

"It is a name, actually, well noted, Priscus Hazelton," a smile turned a touch more genuine when aimed at Jennifer. "Chinese."

"If you wish to be technical, I am Wei Lin Carter. But I prefer not to use my surname among my fellow Kindred, a simple Wei Lin would do." They threw a sharp glance around, as if daring somebody to address them with the surname.

They offered a respectful nod to Mable, "A pleasure to meet you, Miss Wood. I am Unaligned myself."

Wells actually remembered them? It was good to make an impression even from a distance. "Yes, I remember, you were with another gentleman, I believe." They paused, catching Jennifer's question, the smirk growing into a charming smile.

"You can call it that, Pastor Wells. I was actually remembering that amusing night, Priscus Hazelton. It's fascinating what one might find when not looking," there was a quick look at Dirt Nap who apparently decided to play the loner today. Well, it was his choice.

Wood and Wells parted from the gathering, leaving a little breathing room. Just in time to focus on O'Brien's words, that struck an unexpected cord. And the expression with which he looked at the newcomer was most interesting too, noted and filed away to investigate if chance presented itself.

"I can understand that desire for independence very well, Mister O'Brien. Your words are certainly encouraging as I am hoping to make it my home as well."
    BP: 2

12. Likes , BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

One of the ‘perks’ with being the Prince, is she could arrive whenever the fuck she wanted. And only if she wanted to.

Tonight, she decides to attend Court again, having had a pleasant experience last time, maybe tonight will prove to be the same. But, probably not.

In keeping with her decision to experiment with color and style, she shows up in a beige colored outfit. The light color only served to highlight the numerous tattoos that decorated her body. Her dark hair was worn lose around her shoulders, and the only makeup was a blood red lip.

Pausing as her Ghoul opened the door for her, she was assaulted by a barrage of new Beasts. Dark eyes sweep the room, taking inventory of who was there. And who she did not know. Face was noted and filed away as Cain walked out to stand at her heel. The one hundred twenty-five-pound rottweiler was not a regular dog. No, this was a Hell Hound, his eyes dark and filled with a hatred for those not his Master, full of unnatural muscle, he appeared ready and eager to attack should the word be given.

Nods were given to those of matter.

The Savage reigns her Beast in, not wishing to deal with its fits of anger. There was no time for such actions. And continues making her way into the Court. But, as usual, she avoids the crowd gathered, and makes her way over to her seating area. Which gave her full view of the room and those gathered, but enough space that she didn’t have to be social unless she decided to. Cain waits for Ale to seat herself, before positioning himself in front of her, watching the other Kindred.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

14. Likes , pisces, BoxingUnicorn liked this post

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

A few people Mable didn't recognize arrived, the beasts made Mable see red. Her smile looked more pasted on. She pushed her beast down hard and fast. Her vision cleared and she could think again. She gave a polite, "Good evening".

To Jennifer: "Oh. Thank you, Priscus, you are so kind." Then Jennifer address the new girl. Hmmm did I miss something?

"Whip O'Brien, Congrats. And thank you for such a sweet compliment." She gave him a bright smile.

Connor Wells asked to speak with her, she gave a tilt of the head, "I would love to chat."

Dirt Nap arrived and Mable gave him a little wave.

Quinn came in, Mable gave her a bow of the head as a greeting and a warm smile. She would have to try and catch her later.

"Please excuse me," Mable said to the rest of the group as she drifted away with Connor W.

When the Prince entered, Mable stopped and gave a deep curtsy.

16. Likes , BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer nods to Mable's words, acknowledging them and yet not drawing the Gangrel back into conversation. Jennifer looks at Conner and Mable. The Nosferatu then let her eyes move over the assembled Kindred. Noting who was here and who was not. It was early, yet.

Her observance led her to see that the Prince had brought the intimidating and awe inspiring Hell Hound to Court.
    “Your Grace.” The Kindred moved smoothly into a curtsy, holding it for the perfect amount of time to show deep respect for the Prince of the Domain. Upon rising, Jennifer saw that the Prince did not seem to be interested in speaking with the group.
    Jennifer noticed Dirt Nap and gave a nod of her head to him.
    Upon noticing the entrance of the Mekhet Priscus, Jennifer moved to a deep nod. Showing respect for a fellow Priscus. Dark eyes observe the Priscus, noting the gift that she had given was being worn. Some details have meaning, and Jennifer gives a small nod to the mekhet, acknowledging. The Nosferatu gives no emotion as she hears rather interesting information shared. Jennifer kept her face smooth of emotion, maintaining lady – like composure.

2 successes

The dark brown eyes look over the man that Quinn introduced herself to. Making observances about the newcomer.

Jennifer listens to the Whip, attentive as he speaks. As he seems distracted, Jennifer glances at who seems to have caught his eye.
    The Lady gives Wei Lin a look.
    Combative over use of a surname? Interesting thing to be combative about. There was no need to be defensive about bad associations, Kindred could reinvent themselves, after all.
    “Ah, I see. Yes, I have spoken with some friends from the East.” The Nosferatu's Cursed voice descends, an ill - used staircase winding down into a lair of dark and frightening place, borne of nightmares. Not uncommon to encounter Chinese people in well populated cities in California. As Wei Lin’s smirk grew into a charming smile, Jennifer looked at her for a beat. Jennifer had considered that a smirk and laugh behind the hands seemed to be used occasionally to draw attention to oneself. Or to distract from something.

“If someone wishes to speak more in depth, perhaps we best sit.” Jennifer suggested with her voice that crackled like a serpent moving over dead autumn leaves. The Nosferatu moved off to the seated area and took a seat.
    If one wishes to follow Jennifer here, she has taken a seat in the seated area where one can best watch the other attendees of Elysium. Like watching dangerous predators of the sea circle beneath the surface...
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

18. Likes Ruach, , BoxingUnicorn, pisces liked this post
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

HP: 0/7 [7 Bash]
    WP: 0/2
    Vitae: 2/6

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

Def: 3 (Dex; Tonfa +1)
    Armor: 1/0 (Reinforced Clothing)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

PRE

Conner gives a bow of respect to Priscus Hazelton, and a nod to the rest of the group. "Thank you Ms. Wood. Pleased to meet you Ms. Wei Lin." He would respect the Succubus' preference, though her daring glance causes the inner predator to bristle.

Conner is about to leave the group when there is a lurch inside. She's here... Conner bows low in recognition of the Prince's entrance, though his gaze afterward is drawn to the strange beast that moves with her. Some bestial ghoul? Whatever it was, it's appearance at Court made Conner wonder if there were more big fish to fry. Please let's not have another execution.

He briefly bows to Quinn as she enters. What is her interest in talking to Vincenzo? A question for another night: for now, it was time for the Witch and the Pastor to talk terms of peace...

20. Likes Ruach, pisces, , liked this post
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread