Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx gives Aurora's offer a small nod. "I would like that."

Belle and Crystal were discussing Mastigos Councillor - it seemed a fuller council was on the cards.

She politely declines the offer of food - she was still a little wary of food being given for free. But then Eulogy calls the meeting to Order, only a few seconds before she had intended to do so herself. She offers him a small smile. "I do. The Concillium should be aware that there are guests staying with us in the Circle from the Golden Bay concillium in San Frascisco. They are members of the Free Council. Counciller Puck, Maguses Kaze, Guru and I found them by chance, completing a Summoning Rite in this city that went awry. Fortunately there was no breach to the Veil to report of caused by the summoning. They are recovering. I hope that we can extend them our courtesy." *

She looks around. "I am continuing to run regular training sessions, if people are interested. There has been some uptake, so I wish to make sure all have the opportunity." The Arrow pauses. "That is all."

If there were prospective councillors, it was their place to announce, not hers. If they could not handle public address there wa slittl eplace becoming a Councilor.

* This is an ongoing plot, so please don't poke too hard because of continuity!
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

2. Likes Aeolus, , Ruach, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

Golden Bay mages? Here? Couldn't they do their summoning thing in San Franscisco? Probably not because it was dangerous so let it blow up in someone else's backyard. Corn thought, disappointed but not surprised. Well, if I am to summon something big, I will go do it in their backyard and call us even.
    He hoped none of his acquaintances from back there were hurt, at least. Did they even informed the council that they were doing big and dangerous things in here?
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

4. Likes Aeolus, , Ruach liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

"A botched summon", he thinks aloud. It wasn't the first time it occurred in the city and it wouldn't be the last. Carelessness and magic were linked at the ankles in some circles, no surprise that sometimes they'd trip and fall over.
    "I'd like to interrogate them", mind the verb, it's been selected for a reason. Breach or not, he'll be the one to assess.

6. Likes BoxingUnicorn, Ruach, liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

Guru had to hold back a groan, that information had lasted all of five seconds. It was his information to give he supposed. He waved a hand over the room, "Formal wear for a formal meeting, right?" Especially now, he swallowed down some more bile as he felt his stomach twist and shifted toward Aurora confused by her reaction, there was something there, was it the Councilor thing?

"Yea, they are. Uh, thanks Aurora." His cadence slower, filled with confusion as he was already spinning. "And hey Belle, it's no problem at all" He nodded rapidly at Crystal, shifting uncomfortably as they panicked together for a second. "I know, right? Drinks after?" He looked back at Aurora bringing her into that as well. Before he could say more the meeting seemed to be drawn to order. Guru would go find an appropriate seat for now. Sit he might but he couldn't stop his foot from racing as Phoenyx lets everyone know about the fire and the response was as he expected so far. Have fun buddy, good luck.

He looked confused over at Crystal as they jumped from old business straight to new business. Eulogy tried but he doubted he could wrangle it now, train was well off the tracks by the time Winter chimed in. Guru just shot a look to Crystal and then to Eulogy raising an eyebrow as he tilted his head to the side. He'd at least wait a little longer to try and do this the right way.

8. Likes Ruach, Aeolus, BoxingUnicorn, Orianna liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

Belle waves to Kaze as she takes a quick bite out of her croissant. "Hey, Kaze! Good to see you." Her new roommate has clearly been busy with life since her entry into Sacramento.

Corn mentions their 'Welcome to the Mysterium' party, and Belle points to Crystal with a mock serious grimace.
    "And no spoilers! I expect the best mystery party a Warlock can muster." She gives a quick smile to Crystal to let her fellow Warlock know she's just joking and sincerely can't wait. It'll be nice to have some non-official Mysterium business.

She misses Puck's entrance, and Euology's call to order catches the Warlock by surprise.
    Shit! Speaking of official business. Quickly composing herself, Belle goes to sit behind Crystal and Kaze. She briefly considers sitting by Aurora, but it looks to Belle like the Shaman is happy to keep her distance. Phoenyx mentions the San Francisco mages and their botched ritual and Belle's face briefly twists with concern and some disdain. Summoning magic? Good grief, that's high-level stuff. Thank God nobody was hurt. There's a brief smile as the Arrow mentions her training sessions, but she holds her tongue. If people want to know about her flesh wound, they could ask.

Then the mysterious Winter speaks, and Belle almost jumps in her chair.
    So the man has a voice to go with the name? She looks between the three Counsilors to see what other business is brought up.

10. Likes Ruach, Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Crystal raised an eyebrow to Kaze's understanding comment. That dude was an actor, if he had any real problems being in front of people Crystal was married with two kids. "Yeah. You just keep looking all friendly like that and I think I'll be fine." Because he knew he had some friends around. Huh.

Finally Puck arrived - he couldn't quite say why, but it would have felt strange to announce all those things without the Acanthus present. Fuck, in situations like those it was better to rip off the band-aid straight away instead of whenever Puck would have heard of it. He gave the Libertine a polite nod as a greeting.
    Corn was.. well, Corn. It was almost endearing how pumped up the Moros was. Like a little dog. A corgi, maybe. "Why, thanks Corn. This is hardly the time and space to discuss Order festivities, but you can rest assured that I'll arrange something soon." The Necromancer's behaviour confirmed Crystal's choice to vote for him as the Order's leader though. He couldn't imagine anyone else as focused on Mysterium matters as him. And damn, even Belle was full on board. Okay, organizing a kick-ass party was added to the agenda. Ugh.

Then Eulogy took the stage and opened the gathering proper. You go, tiger! Seemed like they made all the right choices - but then again, he shouldn't count his chicken until they've hatched. Phoenyx brought up some interesting points afterwards. Were the stuck ups from San Francisco not satisfied with fucking up their own city? Crystal surely wouldn't touch that issue if he could avoid it. Let the local Guardian deal with it - he was on SanFran's shit-list anyway.

Finally, the moment of truth. He caught Guru's look and gave him an enthusiastic thumbs up. Was it a supportive gesture or an agreement for the proposed drinks? Who knew, because this Warlock was ready to get this over with. With how the Consilium was moving it was safer to address important matters earlier rather than later. So when Phoenyx finished Crystal stood up and raised his voice. "I have something to announce, if I may."
    If he was granted permission he'd move to a position where every gathered Awakened of this Consilium could see him. He let his eyes wander over every single Mage, resting a tad longer on Belle, Aurora and finally Kaze. "Since our path consists of more members than just me since the arrival of Belle," he regarded her with a smile and a nod "I'd like to announce my wish to become Mastigos Councilor of this Consilium. I've discussed the matters with Belle, both before and just now during this meeting, and we seem to be in agreement. However small our population may be, I think a semblance of tradition should be upheld and I'd be willing to work for the prosperity and safety of this city." With how Eulogy's submission was handled he was certain that this would suffice, but he took another look around the room anyway. "Does anybody have any objection or question regarding that matter?"

Because if not he could as well sit down next to Kaze and give other interested parties the ground.
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

12. Likes BoxingUnicorn, Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Winds blow around the mage, varying in intensity depending on the spell and parting abruptly after.
    Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Old business? What exactly made something old business? Business that happened in the past? Like everything they would be discussing? Or business other then what Eulogy wanted to talk about? Puck was betting on the last one.

A brief eyeroll was given before landing on how the mages began to sit and assemble. You know what's interesting? The people gathering around Kaze. You know why? It was reminding Puck of Anima. Not a good sign. You know why? All this talk about public speaking and gathering together made him think a big announcement about the group was coming. A cabal is good, if it didn't leave Puck with the distinct impression the same was happening with Kaze and Anima a few months ago. His first attempt would paint how Puck viewed the second, and not in a light that was flattering. Y'know, if an announcement was coming. Maybe Puck was being paranoid. He doubted it, but it was possible.

"It's being taken care of." All smiles for Winter. The guy could be the king of America and Puck still wouldn't let him demonstrate what 'interrogate' looked like in reference to a nonviolent pentacle refugee. Solving violence with fear? Not in the playbook.

"All paths are entitled to a voice in a council of paths."
    Did that need to be said? "If the Warlocks want you as their Councilor then that makes you their Councilor. Congrats."

What was it with people not knowing how concilium works? First the Ladder asks to be declared Councilor by the council without consulting his path and now the Mystogogue was setting arbitrary numbers? Eye roll number two is inbound.

14. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

An eyebrow was raised at the news Phoenyx shares.

“Courtesy for putting our Concillium at risk?” she sounded disgusted by the news. Should they all get in a car and drive to San Francisco and performing a Summoning Rite for shits and giggles? Put that Concillium at risk too? Shaking her head, she leans back in her seat, this wasn’t her problem anymore.

A nod to Winter, she liked his idea. Let the Guardian deal with them.

Then a nod to Guru, yeah, sure.

A genuine smile spread across her lips at Crystals announcement, “It’s not our place to object to who the Mastigos have chosen as their Councilor.” A warm smile offered, “Congratulations.”

16. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

The Arrow looks to Winter. "They are guests, not prisoners. If you wish to speak to them that is your choice." Interrogate suggested a much more in-depth questioning than she was sure the Libertines would accept. It was unlikely they would wish to speak with a Guardian of the Veil, based on their hurried explanation, but she did not see it as her place to stop Winter from speaking with them. Noting some of the reactions, particularly Aurora's, she adds, "I believe this was a mistake, not an act of malice. They had attempted to contact Pixel to discuss their arrival. Unfortunately they had no other contact and could not find the Circle, which at least speaks testament to the Wards it possesses. They had been more at risk to themselves than anyone else." She looks around. "If people wish for more detail I can discuss after other official business."

She frowned. Did... people not know how to select their councilors? She nodded in agreement with Puck and Aurora. Though in her experience, 'congratulations' was not the phrase she would use.

Vincent Winter if you want to discuss with the Libertines, you'll have to take that up with Yumyumcrow as the ST for the plot.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

18. Likes Ruach, liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze pays attention.

He grins to Belle, waving back.

He smiles at Corn's intense curiosity about what he and Crystal were talking about. Seriously, Corn is such a great fit for his Order, not like Kaze was, even though everyone told him he looked the part.

Winter goes all Winter, but he's holding back, saying he'd like to interrogate the out of towners, not demanding it. Showing respect to Phoenyx, probably, not the out of towners.

All the other Councillors accept Crystal, actually they seem kind of like they expected him to just tell them without caring what they thought.

Guru looks a little nervous, and Eulogy's agenda seems a little slowed down by the whole deal with the out of town mages.

No worries. There's plenty of time. Even if they ended up announcing the Cabal in the next meeting, it wouldn't be the end of the world, but it probably won't come to that. It's going to happen. Kaze can feel it, and it feels good.

"Oh, hey. So I really want to work in on your sessions, if that's okay." Kaze says to Pheonyx's announcement of fight training. "I need to get my edge back."
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

20. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread