Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch

PrP: The Autumn Hunt

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Street, Clubs)
    Primal Urge
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Rhodes

Rhodes Scenes

Angular features, pointed ears. His jet-black hair bursts into bright red flowers and fine dark leaves about his ears forming a wreath of firey foliage that trailed just below his shoulders. Thin woody vines broached and twined across his milky-white skin, with leaves and budding flowers breaking into bloom at his cuffs.

Hedgespun coat - darkest thunderclouds, broiling and writhing, occasionally flashing as if lighting was happening on the other
    Phoenyx

Phoenyx Scenes

Nimbus: Scarlet flames rising out from her like giant sperading wings, and the sound of an eagle's screech.

Hi All!

If you can stand to work through the monolith of words that Rhodes can be, you will have seen that I intend to run a PrP for the Autumn - this is the page to sign up and give you an opportunity to see your fellow - and rival - hunters.

I laid the rules in the Coronation thread, but here they are for reference:

1. Scenes for this plot will be sticky (approved by Saber Sloth), because time is a factor - not just for the season, but each other. This date will be how we define the time frame as to how the plot resolves - there will be no in-scene time skips. If people agree to do research or investigation, this will need a glimpse I will respond to as quickly as possible so everyone has a fair opportunity. If I haven't responded to a full round of posts in 48 hours, feel free to bump me or give me a poke somehow. If someone decides an action based on the ST response glimpses, then a new scene must be created and the scene will be counted as the day the scene doing the action begins. If a scene is opened on the same day as a glimpse without an ST response, it will not be counted.

I will be running scenes per hunter or hunting group. If anyone decides to team up after the coronation, an IC reference needs to be made - even a glimpse will do. real life is a thing and I don't want to restrict cooperation just because you didn't get to talk in the coronation. Just post team-ups with a link in this thread so I have a reference.

If a scene has started before the Winter coronation I will still run it to fruition (as a sticky scene) if the target of the hunt has not been caught. by this point or the scene that is likely to capture will still go on.

2. You are all chasing the same prey. This means that if a group makes a move at a certain point, it will likely disturb continuity of things a different group is doing. In taking up this plot, you may need to accept that someone gets the jump on you and a scene may need retconning because someone gets there ahead of you. If there's only one group, this can't happen, but I am preparing for different eventualities.

3. There may be a PvP element - if someone decides to stab their team in the back to steal the big W, I can't stop that! That's (hopefully) covered by the Pledge of Truth that is a requirement for entry, so the betrayed team would still have an opportunity for rewards. Above all - Keep it IC, let's not make OC drama. This is a game we love - let's keep it that way.

4. You will still need to spend the appropriate XP to gain Autumn Goodwill. No short cuts. Mechanically, an individual acting alone that kills the target is likely to be able to buy up to Goodwill 3, captured alive Goodwill 4. A group will be able to get up to Goodwill 2/3 depending on the scenario - this is also about impressing Rhodes. Anyone that is able to track down and spot/observe the target that doesn't result in the kill/capture can still have an opening for Goodwill 1/2 depending on how close they get to the kill. If you wanted Rhodes to teach an Autumn Contract as your boon, for example, he would do so - but mechanically you would need to have the prerequisite Goodwill to do so. Again, no short cuts. If you want a specific contract but don't get the required goodwill, Rhodes will cite this as a contract being too complex for one outside the Court, even in spite of the reward.

There rules have been approved by Saber Sloth and while I will be the ST for it, since this is a bit experimental I'm sure both they and Scourge will be keeping an eye on things to make sure everything it kept above board.

Additional points - This is not going to be easy. The target is one I hope will be particularly challenging not only to find but also to catch. It has many skills to reflect this. The reveal will be made IC, alongside some starting clues, once people have been given time to react, discuss and Rhodes has mingled a little (so, in his next post I will make the Side thread for people to sign up IC). Because this will take some time OOC, for those that would like the info the prey is this:

The Hunt Target

The Pledge characters will be bound to will be as ceremonial as one will expect from Rhodes but boils down to:

An Oath on the name of the Keeper
    Task: Lesser Forbidance (lie about the prey)
    Boon: Lesser Adroitness (Investigation)
    Curse: Median Pishogue of Brother to the Ague. Should the Pledge be broken the contract activates.
    Duration: Median Season (until Winter Coronation)

Rhodes takes this seriously - the pledge is non-negotiable. If you want in, you swear.

If you have any questions, here is the place!
    "Why? Why? Why? WHY?"
    "Four excellent questions!"
    Martin Kreefe and Douglas Richardson, Cabin Pressure

This sounds awesome, I can't wait

3. Likes Origins, , Xadun liked this post

0 Scenes

Tentatively signing up to be on Team Roshon and R'lyeh! (I don't think I know enough to meta, I just know who/what our target is and that they're in the area. If there's anyone who's uncomfortable with me joining up for this PrP please let me know and I'll sit out

5. Likes Xadun liked this post

Liam is definitely interested! Team Tolkienesque!
    Origins , Endymion , Scourge

7. Likes Endymion liked this post
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Street, Clubs)
    Primal Urge
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Rhodes

Rhodes Scenes

Angular features, pointed ears. His jet-black hair bursts into bright red flowers and fine dark leaves about his ears forming a wreath of firey foliage that trailed just below his shoulders. Thin woody vines broached and twined across his milky-white skin, with leaves and budding flowers breaking into bloom at his cuffs.

Hedgespun coat - darkest thunderclouds, broiling and writhing, occasionally flashing as if lighting was happening on the other
    Phoenyx

Phoenyx Scenes

Nimbus: Scarlet flames rising out from her like giant sperading wings, and the sound of an eagle's screech.

Okay!

Now there's the big IC reveal, please make sure to sign up here if you are interested in partaking in the plot.

I want this to be player-driven so please feel free to open your own threads/research glimpses/whatever and tag me in so I can provide you with the information you find! Just bare in mind the first rule I laid down. You can't fly from research to attack in one scene, or open a scene to hunt down before I've had chance to respond to your research. Each "action" is one scene/glimpse to keep things fair for all.

This might not work, it's all an experiment. I'm asking for a little patience with it, but if it does I hope it'll make a cool story!
    "Why? Why? Why? WHY?"
    "Four excellent questions!"
    Martin Kreefe and Douglas Richardson, Cabin Pressure

In case my turn doesn't come up before closing

10. Likes Origins liked this post

Circe is very interested in this to give her Streetwise and Computers Skills a run through. Also, the amusing aspect of getting the chance to shoot something in the ass with a dart gun. As a chance to quote a version of Deadpool. So Circe is throwing her gun into the hunt, possibly with a team depending on how Liam and Worm go with this.

12. Likes Xadun, BoxingUnicorn liked this post

I have a few ideas to explore, I'm in. See if we can't put some of this dreamcraft to use.

0 Scenes

For those participating, Xadun , do you think we should all be marked into a Seasonal Pledge in the Pledge Calendar? SO it pops up on the main page to remind us that it's a Pledge in effect from Equinox to Solstice, even in Socials and the like?

Also for the Scenes/Glimpses used for this PrP, please remember to tag them as part of the Autumn Hunt so they all link together and no scenes are missed if someone wants to go back and (re)read the PrP!

Wanted to include this just to include it (and to get the Name out there... )

R'lyeh steps forward, speaking softly but firmly, "From now, 'till Winter come, may I fall to Ruin if I speak and spread Falsehoods about the Hunting of the Fetch of Sacramento's Dread Lord in exchange for a light to lead me to our prey, this I Swear on the Name of The Devourer In the Dark, Lord of the Ocean of Ruin "
    Last edited by Saber Sloth; Oct 22nd, 2021 at 05:46 PM.

15. Likes BoxingUnicorn, Cayce liked this post

I shall copy the Sloth!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When it was her turn to pledge, Roshon spoke. "I swear on the name of पृथ्वी तोड़ने वाला that, until Winter has finished coming, I won't be talking no shit about the Autumn Hunt for fear of getting wrecked, and in return I'll get a hit of Sherlock. Easy."

It wasn't easy, though. That was why Roshon said it as fast and casually as she could. She wanted in on the hunt badly, but an Oath on the name of her keeper was almost enough to make her walk.

Almost.

17. Likes BoxingUnicorn, liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
+ Reply to Thread