THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

Blush / Food consumption, 

NOS
    PRE

"Fair enough. I mean, there's enough folks around who don't really want to be part of the society or live too far away, which I'd guess would either mean set up surveillance thats tricky as hell or require people to register as voters in order to be able to do it. Ghouls though ? I don't know, even if its not going to vopte-stacking, that touches stuff that could get really messy."

She nods as Bellemy goes on.

"All the left-leaning intellectual writer, eh ? Fair. But yeah, that's the real question here. What can we as a covenant bring to the table that gives us a reason to be taken seriously... Looks like from what previous Carthians did, it'd be better to keep a lower profile than the spiritual ancestors. Or so I heard. But first thing would be to get the whole thing off its feet. How'd you see the next first steps ? Just you and me plotting in secret, some big general announcement that the party's back in town and open for new meat ? Just formally reconvening ? Looking for stuffs left behind by the last ones ?"

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

Bellemy Salem
    Presence
    (Dreadful)
    Fame
    (Author (Pen Name))
    Contact
    (Street)
    Contact
    (News Media)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Bellemy

Nosferatu Curse:

Phisically deformed head and mouth with shark-like teeth and a grotesquly emaciated body, too long nails and a palpable aura of inappropriateness.

FAME
    NOS
    PRE

Bellemy shrugged. "Fair points. That's why I am open to opinions. If we started thinking of Ghouls as citizens how would that work? What rights would they need to be affored? Where does that leave the kine? Lots of very interesting questions for another day I think."

The haunt smiled at how Helen expressed her thoughts. Noone could accuse her of being closed.

"That, right there. Is what I have been struggling with. From what I have seen. Which I admit is very localized to mostly dealings with Jennifer and Connor. The Domain is very neutral as a whole. Even the local invictus don't enforce their more stereotypical practices. We are all very modern around here.

Bellemy gave a small laugh.

"To be honest now that I am thinking about it. This whole domain is set up like a Carthian would. A Carthian dictatorship anyway. So your question what first steps? I don't know. What could we offer people they don't already get just by living here? From my understanding our predecessors challenged the Invictus rule. That was a mistake. Especially since the Prince is lax in rules fornan Invictus. My thought is to find a way to exist without challenging her or her people. Create a place now while things are peaceful and the Prince is open to balance. So that if a time came where the balance would shift we won't be crushed under heel. If that makes sense."

3. Likes liked this post
    Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

"I'd be more worried about the whole stuff about ghouls being way more dependent on their bosses than the other way around and more disposable. Even without the mindfucks included."

After all, fanger blood is one hell of a drug ! But yes, a topic for another day.

"Yah, I guess being relevant is just easier in Invictus domains. I mean, the real ones. Not the domains that are just ruled by Invictus and that could be referred to as Invictus domains in shorthand. But shouldn't. Because that would be wrong. And bad. And stuffs." She rolls her eyes and shrugs. "Well, they can get a formative influence on some new covenant. Hey, some people are into that. Flat hierarchies, get to voice their opinions, sense of community and purpose. Beats being unaligned by far. Most of the time, at least. I mean, thats the people who'd most likely consider joining up, because I don't think we should go out fishing in the other covenants ponds."

Helen nods.

"Makes sense. I don't think that'd happen anytime soon anyway, though. With that in mind, we don't technically need to go loud immediately and I think as long as its just us, we can sorta keep the HQ at Haunt Central. Guess that leaves us with what sort of specialty we want to set us apart from the rest of the party and of course go and see who's currently not already taken and might be a good addition without fucking stuff up for others involved. Oh, and what we can do to convince the Prince-" she chuckles "-we're worth keeping around, of course."

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

5. Likes liked this post

Bellemy Salem
    Presence
    (Dreadful)
    Fame
    (Author (Pen Name))
    Contact
    (Street)
    Contact
    (News Media)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Bellemy

Nosferatu Curse:

Phisically deformed head and mouth with shark-like teeth and a grotesquly emaciated body, too long nails and a palpable aura of inappropriateness.

FAME
    NOS
    PRE

Bellemy was happy that they were able to find common ground. The haunt gave a smile. "I got the impression Jennifer finds the title "invitus domain" offensive." Belemy even went so far as to mime air quotes.

"I agree we shouldn't try to recruit established members of otger organizations but if they come to us I wouldn't turn them away. I am not holding my breath though. Metaphorically speaking."

Bellemy considered Helen's suggestion and nodded "Yes that does seem a wise course of action. They know we exist and if someone were to look we are easily found. Shouting from the rooftops may cause more harm than good."

Again Bellemy nodded.
    "Perhaps it may be as simple as offering a place of equality as you said. I will see if I can think of anything and If you find something that appeals please let me know.

Bellemy paused then added.

"As to the unaligned, I was interested in speaking to Maeve actually. I had one conversation with her during which she revealed quite the rebellious nature. I thought with a little temperance she may make a fitting Carthian. Perhaps you would like to approach her?"

"I am cockscomb I understand pomp and ceremony. High Society is in my blood. Literally. I have thought about the Prince and how to approach her softly. We need to be in a position to offer discenting opinions that fall outside of her status quo when asked. But with care enough to not be seen as insubordination. Or worse yet challenging. An advisor role perhaps. But that is a loftey goal that may never come to pass. The prince is the prince and we are the pauper."

Curse: See Minisheet

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

"Well, given how often it comes up, its pretty hard to miss that point, I guess. Which might be a point of its own, but its also fucking annoying." She raises her eyebrows a little. "Depends, though. I'm not talking about some join up to get the memos stuff, but a lo of the people will be suspicious of Carthians. There'll be scrutiny, open and hidden, so not everyone will want to get in because of our charming selves, at least not most of 'em. Also helps to keep an eye on prospects for a while. Letting people in too fast creates problems of its own. Like that one time when our left-wing buddies... Eh, story for another time." Its her time to nod now. "Will do."

Maeve, eh ? Helen doesn't recall muichz about her save that scene from court mostly.

"I can do that. Unless you got means of getting hold of her, it'll have to wait until next court anyway. Any others that come to mind ?" Unless the Heathens got to her faster, that is... She can think of another person, but she isn't too enthusiastic about that. "Have fun with that, I'll leave the High Society stuffs to you. Gladly."

Bellemy Salem
    Presence
    (Dreadful)
    Fame
    (Author (Pen Name))
    Contact
    (Street)
    Contact
    (News Media)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Bellemy

Nosferatu Curse:

FAME
    NOS
    PRE

Bellemy smiled at Helen and gave a nod. "Let them look. But yes I agree with your points."

"I think it will keep until then and I don't think it will be a matter of fun. More like trying not to get us killed."

Did not realize it had been so many days. Everything got away from me. Do you have anything else or should we just call it?

Curse: See Minisheet

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

"Shouldn't be too hard unless we start throwing burning motorcycles around in public or some shit like that." She chuckles and gets up. "So, we got some stuffs to think about and most of things at least somewhat settled. I'll let you know if something else comes up. If you get something, you know where my bunk is."

She stops at the door to collect the box and the shoes... Lots of stuffs still pretty vague, but it looks like they're somewhat preparing to get rolling towards getting down to business. Or something like that. One way or another, that could have gone a lot more worse than it did, which is something !

"So yeah, thanks for these ones and the talk. I'll think of somthing for the nxt meeting. See you around !"

If there's nothing else, Helen turns and leaves.

And that's all for now, I guess. Thanks for the scene !

10. Likes liked this post
    Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

(Aaaand closed !)

12. Likes liked this post
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread