Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Friends At the Table

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Sep 22, 2021 : (2109) Autumn Equinox
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Giant
    (7 feet tall; not fond of low ceilings)
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Mien: Liam's skin is hardened into a bark-like armor with pine cone-like ridges throughout. His hair is made of pine needles that act a bit like a hedgehog's quills; standing up when agitated or smooth when calm. His eyes are a deep amber and his tears appear to have the consistency of sap until they leave his face.

Mantle: The scent of pine sap in a close radius, his needle-like hair ripples occasionally as if tugged by a light breeze.
    Combat Stats

Def: 2 (Dex/Wits)
    Armor: 0/0
    Initiative: 5
    Speed: 12 (w/ Fleet of Foot)

Ogre Seeming Bonus
    -Add Glam to Str pools (1 per Glam)

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

Liam sits at the table and begins to dig in, starting with whatever fresh fruit lies within his massive reach. "So, how have folks been. Feels like a lot's happened in the past month."

Continued from (2109) Autumn Equinox...
    Hedge Patrol V: (Fast Reflexes 1 via Pledge)

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe opts for something apple like amongst the fruit. "Ya don't know the half of it Liam," she tells him, "I had a shitty adventure dealing with a lot of dirty rats."

The tunnels were less fun and more work then expected. "How about yerself? Ya lived in intersting times this month?"
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

3. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Giant
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Mien: Liam's skin is hardened into a bark-like armor with pine cone-like ridges throughout. His hair is made of pine needles that act a bit like a hedgehog's quills; standing up when agitated or smooth when calm. His eyes are a deep amber and his tears appear to have the consistency of sap until they leave his face.

Mantle: The scent of pine sap in a close radius, his needle-like hair ripples occasionally as if tugged by a light breeze.
    Combat Stats

Ogre Seeming Bonus

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

Liam pauses briefly as a full melon gets chewed down and swallowed, the Ogre not really thinking of the ramifications of a treant devouring plant matter so ravenously. "Actually pretty interesting; you remember Templeton?" Surely Circe would, if only because the little rat had been one of the few creatures to nibble the Summer Queen and live to tell about it. "I've been teaching him little tricks like running through mazes. He's really smart for an...uneducated rat." Now might not be the best time to mention that his apartment houses a wild animal. "And work at the club as been picking up; lots of good tips." He smiles, Sera's praise still warming his heart. "Honestly I just try to bring a smile and some long arms to pass drinks down the bar."

Rhodes' entrance genuinely spooks the Giant, but his mind quickly turns to considering this Hunt he mentioned. He was glad Rhodes gave the option of bringing the quarry in alive, and the thought of having a favor from the Autumn King did turn the wheels in his Ogrish mind. Rhodes mentioned he teaches Dream magic. Maybe he could teach me! Liam had been wanting to expand his Contract knowledge beyond that of his own Spring and Ogre magics. An idea strikes him and he leans over to Circe, booming voice down to a modest stage whisper. "Circe, do you think we could team up? I'm no good as a hunter, but I might be able to do some research that could help." ​He'd much rather compete with the Queen of Summer than against her.

5. Likes Origins, , Xadun liked this post
    The Damn Colonel
    Presence
    (Rakish)
    Summer Mantle
    (Heat Shimmer)
    Strength
    (Surprisingly Strong)
    Status, Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Languages
    (Spanish)
    Colonel Worm

Mask
    Worm is tall, whip thin, and corded with muscle. He's got more than a few scars. His eyes are blue and wild. His dirty blond hair is often greasy and worn short in the front, longer in the back—what some may call a mullet. There's always a mischievous smile on his lips. His wardrobe is extensive and totally crazy, filled with second-hand costumery and bizarre outfits scavenged from thrift-bins. The clothes reflect his attitude: Colonel Worm loves to make a scene and leave a lasting impression, for better or worse.

Mien
    Worm's mien is quintessential Goblin: he is taller, thinner, and more scarred. His skin is a bright red and his eyes a glaucous white (with no discernible pupils). What little hair he has is also white. His ears and nose are pointed and his hands and feet are approximately doubled in size. His muscles stand out like lengths of rope beneath his skin.
    Colonel Worm

Mantle
    The air around Worm shimmers and bends with heat mirage, something you might see coming off of blacktop on a 100 degree day.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Soldier

"Woah woah woah, are we talking Autumn Hunt here, folks?" Worm slides into a chair across from them, very excited.

"Cause I want in. What say the three of us catch this...whatever-it-is?"

He looks between them, like a kid proposing a crazy scheme to his parents. Hoping against hope they accept.

Continued from (2109) Autumn Equinox...

7. Likes BoxingUnicorn, Origins liked this post

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    Merit (Arcadian Body:Str)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    New ID (Andrew Sarcacious)
    Mantle (Summer)
    (+1 Athletics, Sounds of Battle)
    Ram

Mask
    Six foot, barrel chested, and didn't skip leg day. Ram is a muscle bound behemoth. His face and body are scarred from numerous injuries and his movements look stilted with pain occasionally. Still, his craggy face does soften occasionally.

Mien
    Ram looks like he could knuckle walk if he wanted. His arms and chest are enormous. More akin to a gorilla than human. His skin is an amalgamation of stony hide with fire cracks running through it and pieces of Fey machinery grafted at the joints. Segmented pieces of metal are bolted to run down his spine legs. Wood covers his skull with willow leaves providing hair, while curved bone horns sprout from the foliage.

PRE

Ram approached the Summers and Liam, having only just arrived. Still looked sheepish about it and it wasn't just his horns.

"Hey,"
    he whispered "What'd I miss?"
    Render | Strength 6 | Mantle 1 Distant sounds of battle

9. Likes BoxingUnicorn, Origins, Endymion liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

At the mention of Rempleton she nods, "I fear the day Sonja learns of him and forces the poor fella ta wear a tiny hat." As for the training part, "Good hobby. Unless yer planning something Ocean 11-ish with rats."

Something Liam says about work? Yeah, "Oh ho ho ho ho!" Circe sputters out the fruit she'd nibbled on, "Sorry, sorry. Just, long arm made me think ta guns, then shirt cannons, then beer launcher, oh ho ho ho, sorry."

"Helluva entrance right?" She comments on Rhodes arrival. Ah, he was interested in the hunt? And so was Colonel Worm? "A treant, a goblin, and a dark elf? I see no reason ta not go team Tolkien my boys. Even if I know ya want me fer my hands. Though two things." She bites into the apple again. "As Groundskeeper I may hafta follow extra rules," she shrugs not being sure, "Hafta clear that up with Rhodes."

"And second ta answer that Worm. It won't be a snipe hunt," Circe assures him with confidence, "Rhodes doesn't have that kind of sense of humor. I think," her confidence lessens. "Ram, welcome! just catching the boys here up on shit and talking about going Super Sentai Team on the hunt." Inaccurate. They'd technically need a fifth to have a minimum Super Sentai team, "Ya want in too?"
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

11. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Giant
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Combat Stats

Ogre Seeming Bonus

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

Liam finds Circe's laughter infectious, though he makes sure his mouth is empty before he joins in. "Ha! You know, I've always wondered what it would be like to have arm cannons. Though I don't think they'd fire t-shirts. Beer? Maybe; that might be fun." Certainly would make him quite the party attraction.

Worm pops in and Liam's grin widens.
    "Are you kidding? We'd love to have you, Colonel!" He raises a glass in toast to the Goblin. Worm's tactical experience was welcome in any scenario. "You can probably charm the thing to Rhodes' doorstep." He thinks of Worm's expert deception when dealing with the Handy Child. He'd distracted the creature long enough for Liam and Titania to get Timmy to safety, then single-handedly taken care of the creature.

Liam liked the idea of a team name.
    Helps with camaraderie; and it just sounds cool. Ogres were all about titles with punch. "Oh no, Circe. You're so much more than that; you're smart, and brave, and... In his haste to encourage the Fairest, he'd failed to notice she was joking. "Oh...yeah. But you're hands are good too. I mean with guns and stuff." ​Ram's entrance helps buffer the Giant's embarrassment. "Hey, Ram! We were talking about making a hunting team. Want to join us?" Liam wonders what favor Ram might ask of the Autumn King...

13. Likes Origins liked this post
    The Damn Colonel
    Presence
    (Rakish)
    Summer Mantle
    (Heat Shimmer)
    Strength
    (Surprisingly Strong)
    Status, Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Languages
    (Spanish)
    Colonel Worm

Mask
    Worm is tall, whip thin, and corded with muscle. He's got more than a few scars. His eyes are blue and wild. His dirty blond hair is often greasy and worn short in the front, longer in the back—what some may call a mullet. There's always a mischievous smile on his lips. His wardrobe is extensive and totally crazy, filled with second-hand costumery and bizarre outfits scavenged from thrift-bins. The clothes reflect his attitude: Colonel Worm loves to make a scene and leave a lasting impression, for better or worse.

Mien
    Worm's mien is quintessential Goblin: he is taller, thinner, and more scarred. His skin is a bright red and his eyes a glaucous white (with no discernible pupils). What little hair he has is also white. His ears and nose are pointed and his hands and feet are approximately doubled in size. His muscles stand out like lengths of rope beneath his skin.
    Colonel Worm

Mantle
    The air around Worm shimmers and bends with heat mirage, something you might see coming off of blacktop on a 100 degree day.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Soldier

The Colonel rubs his hands together, gleeful, "Suh-weet! We're gonna do the damn thing." Come on: Circe, Liam, and Worm? Fucking dream team, baby!

A wink to Circe, "Worm's not afraid of a challenge. Let's get this bread. You just clear the whole Groundskeeper thing with Rhodes and we're golden."

Then Ram joins them looking...a little out of the loop.

Worm leans in, speaks in a conspiratorial tone: "Wait, did you miss all that?"

Doesn't wait for an answer. "Check it: Rhodes showed up as a bunch of leaves, came floating in on a cold breeze. And then the leaves all clump together and turn into him. Wild right? Anyway, he did his Hellos and Welcomes, promoted Anatole to Shadow Warrior or something bad ass, and then told us about an Autumn Hunt. Don't know what we're hunting yet, but he said its cunning and dangerous, right? Sounds rad." A pause to puff on his vape.

"We can go it alone or work together," a glance to Circe and Liam, stoked on their team, "and whoever wins gets a Boon from the Dread Lord. We'll have to swear a pledge to enter and time's up when Winter rolls around. Oh yeah, and the reward's dead or alive. And even just spotting the...whatever-it-is can bag you something cool."

Worm sits back, excitement bubbling out of him in waves. "So yeah, we're going in together. You wanna join up, soldier??"

15. Likes BoxingUnicorn, liked this post

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    Merit (Arcadian Body:Str)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    New ID (Andrew Sarcacious)
    Mantle (Summer)
    (+1 Athletics, Sounds of Battle)
    Ram

Mask
    Six foot, barrel chested, and didn't skip leg day. Ram is a muscle bound behemoth. His face and body are scarred from numerous injuries and his movements look stilted with pain occasionally. Still, his craggy face does soften occasionally.

Mien
    Ram looks like he could knuckle walk if he wanted. His arms and chest are enormous. More akin to a gorilla than human. His skin is an amalgamation of stony hide with fire cracks running through it and pieces of Fey machinery grafted at the joints. Segmented pieces of metal are bolted to run down his spine legs. Wood covers his skull with willow leaves providing hair, while curved bone horns sprout from the foliage.

PRE

Ram did his best to follow everything and everyone.

“Sounds like fun,” he said with a smile for as much fun as hunting down something could be as long as it didn’t trigger memories of the Battlefield “I’d be up for joining. A hunt for what? What kind of rules?” Ram asked, sounding interested before a thought occurred and the sheepish look came back.

“Or… I would. I, uh, kinda promised Sera I’d help with the tunnels once I got some free time.”
    Render | Strength 6 | Mantle 1 Distant sounds of battle

17. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Yes Liam, but ya'd need ta be more blue fer and arm cannon ta work. Also, ya'd hafta give out catcher's outfits ta the customers," Circe faux chides him. Circe grabs some meat and smiles wider as Liam doesn't quite get her joke. It was funny. "I can even make spears if were going classic hunt. Pokey stick."

And then the Colonel starts to lay down the tale that Ram had missed. And Circe adds in little hand gestures ranging from stage signals to Jazz Hands. The occasional "Whooo," or "Ah" to add emphasis to the goblin's words. Mention of Anatole's new title got two thumbs up.

"The rules and prey? Tis a mystery," she sings, "Our team will make history, ooo-woo-ooo."

"Dude, I'm still doing the tunnels too," she explains to him, "Gonna get me a submarine drone ta look at the flooded areas. Probably put up some fence gates too, security and all."

Circe didn't see aught wrong with working on many projects at once.

19. Likes BoxingUnicorn, Aeolus liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread