Status
    (Academic)
    Contact
    (City Hall)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Eulogy Main

Nimbus:
    The sound of chattering teeth accompanies a scent of chemical sanitizer and fresh earth when Eulogy makes his will manifest.

During Vulgar will working the sound of teeth becomes a overpowering rattle of bone on bone. The scent turns putrid as that of decaying flesh, The clean scent of sanitizer becomes a fetid miasma of gaseous stench.
    Active Spells

Spell Tolerance: 0/2
    Active Spells: 0/5
    None
    Inventory

Dedicated Magical Tool
    A Bone Wand that measures thirteen inches in length from tip to tip. The bone is of an unknown origin and is intricately carved with runes and symbols. The wand allows an easier connection when working Death arcana

On Eulogy

Cell Phone
    Flashlight
    Pepper Spray

Has access to

Make-Up Kit
    First Aid Kit
    Hidden

PRE

The evening was dark with cloud cover, creating a gloomy atmosphere in the graveyard. The fading sunlight coating everything in shades of grey. With no noticeable wind stirring the trees, there was a stillness that seemed to cast an eerie pall over the entire cemetery. A lighted driveway led from the front gate up to a parking area beside the ancient Chapel. Directly behind the chapel, a small modern looking building sat inviting like a beacon of warmth.

Inside the little building Mordechai paced to and fro, a nervous tension radiated through his shoulders. For the hundredth time he glanced around his little office.

The wooden walls gave a very comfortable, home-ey feeling when mixed with the soft yellow lighting. Two large cushioned suade chairs sat directly in front of his mahogany desk. The floor was soft carpet of soothing green. Hardwood bookselves lined one wall, partially stacked with an assortment of leather bound volumes. All the parts together created a feeling akin to a den in a home over an office of a business.

Seeing that nothing had moved out of place since the last time he looked around, Mordechai took a brief calming breath. He checked that the front door was still unlocked and forced himself to sit at his desk to await his Visitor.

Phoenyx

2. Likes Aeolus, Ruach, Xadun liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

There was a knock at the door just as the clock began to chime the hour - a solid and clear rap, before the door opened and the First Talon let herself in. She was expected, after all.

Her look seemed to be changing with the seasons - over her form-fitting red top and training pants was a sturdy leather trenchcoat. She was carrying a motorcycle helmet in one hand - black with a stylised flaming bird going along the crown. She closed the door and walked forwards - the movements involuntarily revealed the knives on her belt and the gun under her arm.

"Thank you for agreeing to meet with me," she says in her passive tone. "I realise we have not spoken much, and... perhaps I did not show my most respectable side when last we interacted." There is a slight hesitation in the admittance. "But since you have decided to take on additional responsibility, I hoped we might understand one another better. Are we safe to talk here?"
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

4. Likes , Aeolus, Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Gentlemanly)
    Status
    (Academic)
    Contact
    (City Hall)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Eulogy Main

Nimbus:
    The sound of chattering teeth accompanies a scent of chemical sanitizer and fresh earth when Eulogy makes his will manifest.

During Vulgar will working the sound of teeth becomes a overpowering rattle of bone on bone. The scent turns putrid as that of decaying flesh, The clean scent of sanitizer becomes a fetid miasma of gaseous stench.
    Active Spells

None
    Inventory

Dedicated Magical Tool
    A Bone Wand that measures thirteen inches in length from tip to tip. The bone is of an unknown origin and is intricately carved with runes and symbols. The wand allows an easier connection when working Death arcana

On Eulogy

Cell Phone
    Flashlight
    Pepper Spray

Has access to

Make-Up Kit
    First Aid Kit
    Hidden

PRE

Eulogy bounded up as the Arrow entered, He looked as though he had been caught with his hand in the cookie jar. "Uhh..." he managed before realizing his guest was speaking. He listened to Phoenyx, breathing deeply through his nose to calm himself. His eyes glanced quickly at the weapons but gave no other indication that he noticed them. "Yes of course, Please have a seat." he said as he waived to the comfortable chairs across from the desk.

"The building is not warded but the likely hood of someone eavesdropping are very low. It is after business hours and I don't have any staff." He said honestly.

He chose to not chance offering the potential for embarrassment to Pheonyx by commenting on her actions at Corn's Bachelor party. He personally didn't judge people for being human but he wasn't sure about her feelings on the matter so instead answered "Coming to an understanding does seem prudent."
    • Member of the Caretakers.

6. Likes Aeolus, Ruach liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

1 success

Dark eyes look curiously as Eulogy leaps up, but no comment is made. She looks around the room, taking it in and seeming to approve of the traditional styles she observed.

She nods, taking the chair but sitting straight-backed, hands in her lap. "I am sure that will suffice."

"A Moros operating out of a cemetery seems to embrace a very distinct stereotype,"
    she says bluntly, looking around as she sits before settling her gaze on Eulogy. "Then again, spheres that come from Stygia are not my specialty." If facts were a hammer, Phoenyx was swinging them around violently. "When Aurora and I were the only councillors, I shared the position with someone I had known for a long time. Now she has resigned from the position and with new magi assuming positions, I find that I know little about you yet we are expected to work together. As such, I wanted to understand you better as a person and give you the same opportunity. I have known very few members of the Silver Ladder and they have left greatly differing impressions."

She pauses, looking at the desk in front of her - not an evasive look, but an assessment of the items before her.

"I understand that you have actually been in Sacramento for some time, but by some coincidence we repeatedly missed one another. Aside from your order, Path and now profession, I know next to nothing of you. Your motives, your beliefs, your philosophy. Why you sought to assume the mantle of councilor. similarly I have been here for some time, and if you have any questions of me I will answer them to the best of my ability."

Smile.

She smiles, suddenly. It looks a little forced.

8. Likes , Aeolus, Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Gentlemanly)
    Status
    (Academic)
    Contact
    (City Hall)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Eulogy Main

Nimbus:

Active Spells

None
    Inventory

Dedicated Magical Tool

On Eulogy

Cell Phone
    Flashlight
    Pepper Spray

Has access to

Make-Up Kit
    First Aid Kit
    Hidden

PRE

Mordechai sat as Pheonyx took her seat. He appeared as though he was trying to reign in his nervousness and failing miserably. The uncomfortable way he fidgeted with his fingers, His raised eyebrows, the hint of pink flushing his cheeks all pointed to someone who was not accustomed to hiding how they were feeling. If this was a court the jury would surly find him guilty.

To his credit he managed not to croak as he spoke "Stereotypes become so for a reason." He said not unkindly.

Not her specialty doesn't mean she is ignorant. he thought at her revelation although he said nothing regarding it, instead he said "I am, uh, sorry to hear about Aurora. She seems very capable." Capable? is capable good? was that a back handed compliment? should I have said something different? Damn, well at least that opens the door for Guru. I wonder how that is going to play out.

He took in Pheonyx words a thought for a moment getting his words in order before he responded. The pause didn't really help and he still stumbled over his words "Uh, I am not all that interesting to be honest." He said meekly. "I am not a private person, I will tell you anything you want to know and as far as the Ladder goes, well I am pretty much your average adherent."

Eulogy followed Pheonyx's gaze down to the top of the desk taking in what she saw. A beautifully carved desk of Mahogany decorated with an interesting yet not ostentatious pattern. The top of which was covered with a protective plastic non-slip mat. The left most corner held neatly stacked file folders filled with paper. The right most corner held a bronze desk lamp with a bulb of yellow light giving a faint warm glow. Other items associated with a desk were neatly organized atop the mat. A stapler, scotch tape dispenser and a double pen stand. A black coffee mug sat on a wooden coaster within arms reach. It lay clean and empty of a beverage. The front of the mug had a particularly well known electric mouse. He noticed one of the pens was out of it's stand and was laying errant on the desk. Quickly the Moros plucked the offending stationary and placed it back in it's proper place.

He glanced up with eyes of horror. "Sorry." What did she just say? oh yeah Sacramento He recovered himself and answered "I have been here one year this month actually." he shrugged nonchalantly.

Mordechai's Demenour shifted slightly as Pheonyx mentioned her questions. A thread of confidence burst forth as he spoke. His words strong and direct.

Maybe it was the smile.

"There isn't really a story to tell there. My motivation is to bring a little bit of light into this really dark existence, make the world a slightly better place. I don't think much about beliefs and philosophically I am a secular humanist and philosophical naturalist." he paused and looked Pheonyx directly in the eye, a little sparkle visible for the first time as Mordechai smirked "Which is really ironic considering I am a wizard." he joked.

10. Likes Ruach, Xadun, Aeolus liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx focuses intently on the mage in front of her. Even with her limited social understanding she could see Eulogy was fidgeting and edgy. "You are nervous. Why?"

She nods in agreement, smiling more naturally and seeming to take the reference as a compliment regardless of intent. "She is. I trust her judgement. I did not expect her to resign, but it is her choice and I respect it."

There was a look of confusion. "Why are you sorry?"

The Arrow's smile returns more brightly as her host begins to engage in philosophy. Eulogy had summarised his worldview concisely in terms she understood. She certainly appreciated the efficiency, still conveyed with an humourous twist. "That is amusing!" There is no sarcasm, only genuine enthusiasm. It seemed initially nonsensical, though perhaps there was a logic she had not yet considered. She leaned forward a little. "Why would you believe such a philosophy when we can shape the world around us with will?" She sounds genuinely intrigued.

12. Likes Ruach, liked this post
    Presence
    (Gentlemanly)
    Status
    (Academic)
    Contact
    (City Hall)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Eulogy Main

Nimbus:

Active Spells

None
    Inventory

Dedicated Magical Tool

On Eulogy

Cell Phone
    Flashlight
    Pepper Spray

Has access to

Make-Up Kit
    First Aid Kit
    Hidden

PRE

Eulogy turned his head to hide his face at Phoenyx's direct question. "I am not great with people." he said in a hushed tone.

He breathed a sigh of relief when Phoenyx didn't take offence. One landmine avoided.

He noted her confusion over the apology and decided to offer a small shrug in response.

Eulogy came alive. His eyes brightened, his smile widened into a mischievous grin. His energy picked up as he became animated. "That is an excellent question. he beamed. "I suppose the most appropriate way to explain would be to say, I don't agree with the concept of the Supernatural. The word itself is nonsensical to me." He looked at Phoenyx to gage his audience. He was conscious that he tended to ramble on regarding topics of personal interest so he attempted to minimize monologuing.

”My philosophy holds that everything which exists, does so as part of what is colloquially referred to as the Cosmos. The abilities that we have to assert our authority through will, over our local reality, still operate within the confines of the rules of the Cosmos as a whole. So they are, therefore, natural.”

”What about yourself? How do you feel about our place in the world?” he asked.

14. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

"Ah." Comprehension flickered across her face. "I understand. Neither am I." Of course, that was more because of not understanding them rather than shyness, and her reaction was to build barriers of iron instead of avoid people, but it still meant the same thing - feeling detached from people.

Phoenyx blinked at the removal of the concept of the supernatural, but said nothing, waiting for Eulogy to proceed. She processed his words carefully. "So. You believe in an expansion of what might be considered "human" natural laws - those embraced by current physics. Anything that we do that appears to 'subvert' natural law still adheres to laws of what you refer to as the Cosmos, simply not yet fully understood?" She watched the Moros with dark eyes. "The idea has merit. We can recognise in ourselves the laws of the Abyss, of Paradox. Rules that govern how magic works, integrating with the Fallen world as we understand it. Those that reach beyond how we understand the world would be what we consider Archmastery, correct? How do you integrate the Lie and the Supernal worlds into this theory? Or do you accept these are things you do not yet understand?" It was a new way she had not thought of perceiving before.

The question gave the Arrow pause before answering. "Billions walk the Earth, blind to the events all around them. With our understanding comes responsibility against the threats that would mar both worlds. My place is to defend those that cannot. I have trained for years for that purpose." She didn't look particularly old - for that to be true she would have started barely out of her teens. "While I enjoy considering a wider philosophy, I have to remain grounded about my place in the world. The Adamantine Arrow has a duty to protect - one I take seriously."

16. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Gentlemanly)
    Status
    (Academic)
    Contact
    (City Hall)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Eulogy Main

Nimbus:

Active Spells

None
    Inventory

Dedicated Magical Tool

On Eulogy

Cell Phone
    Flashlight
    Pepper Spray

Has access to

Make-Up Kit
    First Aid Kit
    Hidden

PRE

Eulogy was thoughtful in his silence as he considered Phoenyx's question. After a moment he nodded. "YeS. Exactly so."

As she continued voicing her thoughts, Eulogy nodded along. He watched Phoenyx with interest, fully engaged in what she was saying. "Another great question." more to buy himself time to parse his thoughts than anything. "Connection with the Spurnal is human nature. I precieve the lie as a fundamental lack in understanding. Given proper education, all of humanity could, nae will, achieve ascendancy and realize the lie for what it is." he took a breath then continued. "Before the Wright brothers, people had forgotten how to fly. With a simple reminder look where the world is now."

Phoenyx outlined her duty eloquently and Eulogy nodded. "Of that I have no doubt. You will get no trouble from me Arrow." he said soothingly, mischievous grin still reaching the corner of his mouth.

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

"Interesting. Is this a philosophy of your own devising, or one more common to your Order? I have met few members of the Silver Ladder, though all have shared a formality I find reassuring." It made them easier to approach, if not easier to discuss things with. But Eulogy seemed to relax as they focused on the academic ideas - something the Arrow could empathise with.

There is a twitch of a smile. "I hope not." One wild card in the field was enough - should they find something unusual together, she wanted to know she could count on most of those around her.

"In becoming Councillor, you accepted the responsibilities that entails. Your ethics may come under scrutiny. You need to be able to defend a position you take logically and make judgements of our peers. Are you ready for this?" The question was not unkind, just direct, as she so often was.

19. Likes liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread